Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I like ghosts. And I had it work with the text beneath, "die, geist, die", which is just a modified Simpsons joke that I always liked.
Now it's a Silent Hill joke that I also like. Buncha poo poo I like.

I assumed it was a play on Das Boot. I like the actual reason better tho.

Also didn't know we had the famous Jimothy Literature on these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Deki was the first name of a dumb troll persona I used to troll bad anime fangames on byond as a teenager and the username I use now and the other one i used for gaming stuff were already used so I went with that.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I liked the comic book Hellblazer and I liked the song Deep Cover and that pretty much sums it up I think.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Makes me think you're a German fan of this song but I guess that would be Mein Boo or something

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

My name is Henry and I added the first letter of jimlit's first name and the last nine letters of their last name

Don't doxx me!

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
I was a young atheist edgleord who wanted a name to upset conservative types. Also seemed kind of metal.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Waffle House posted:

It's fuckin' Waffle House, motherfucker

Amen

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Real big fan of titties

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Shall we be trotting home again?

the alice in wonderland books were my favorite books from ages 7-14 or so

but my original SA reg name was Spengler which was just a straight ghostbusters reference. I changed it at some point, partially to avoid being confused with people who are super into volkish nazism

Weren't you also Tim Raines IRL for a while?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

syntaxfunction posted:

I assumed it was a play on Das Boot. I like the actual reason better tho.

Also didn't know we had the famous Jimothy Literature on these forums.

It iiiis, but I have to admit I've never read/seen Das Boot. It was just the vehicle to feed my ghost/Simpsons connection which is... incredibly obtuse, now that I'm saying it, lol.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

It’s my irl name

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Trebuchet is a good font and a good siege weapon and when I was 12 or whatever I thought it was pronounced Tree Bucket.

Worf posted:

It’s my irl name

Got any friends surnamed Sapir?

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
from a comic book i liked as an edgy teenager, could have been a lot worse

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Squee posted:

from a comic book i liked as an edgy teenager, could have been a lot worse

I remember that one

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

when i played TFC and TF2 i played as NumberOneSniper (in TF2 i was always NumberOneSniper) i think in TFC i was the #1HWGuy or something

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 25, 2024

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

and now im the NumberOnePoster :smug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

my first account had clan [TAGS] around it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It was chosen for me in a namechange thread

suburban wine mom
May 27, 2004

irony

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

before this it was Hick Magnet which was also from a namechange thread

I've had my name changed through so many namechange threads I don't even remember my original name

Before Hick Magnet it was Funnypost Collabo but I can't remember any further back than that

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 25, 2024

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
i didnt ask for it

Cindy the SKULL
Nov 27, 2023

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 years!)

its from some lame game iirc

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
In the primitive days of dial-up, I joined a messageboard dedicated to B-Movies. As the only New Zealanader on it, I used a kiwi for my profile picture, but hosed up the dimensions.

It got... squished.

Since then, I've been the Distorted Kiwi on everything from Geocities to Blogspot to Steam. It was also my Twitter handle for a while.

(My quote is from ROCK 'N' ROLL NIGHTMARE, a high-watermark in hilarious inept Canadian Heavy Metal Horror movies)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Short answer: I made it up for a project in school, never forgot it.

Longer answer: During media studies class in high school, I was writing a mini mockumentary on a band that was extremely popular but no one had ever heard them play (and it turns out they didn't exist). It was all about how hype and media can overshadow actual things they're discussing. Anyways, I was making up a ton of names for that, band names, character names, obviously fake (Slipkirk Mcgraw, Louisiana Treadmill, Steven Traffic, etc) and one of the news anchors at one point was named Rupert Buttermilk. And it just stuck in my mind. I even used it again for another in-class fake news report we had to do. And then 5-6 years later, I'm signing up for these forums, and couldn't think of anything else.

Like probably most of you, I never really wanted a name or online handle that had numbers at the end to distinguish it, I wanted a Real Fake Name. Previously, I had been using Biff Larkin. Come to think of it, I have no idea why I didn't use that when signing up. :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Spinz posted:

Yup
And Spinderella
And Spin Psycho
And Spins

I really don't keep track of passwords

There’s also a “spinst” who posts occasionally that I was shocked to learn wasn’t you.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Current one was WWE related from a group called The New Day. I remember a promo/interview they did where Big E mentioned "having a big glass of booty-ade!" or something & I couldn't help but crack up. At the time the whole team was making booty references & using it as a goofy insult to other wrestlers so I just went with it. And yes, I drew the avatar myself :lol:

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
It's my last name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

There was an old animated movie about some wind-up toy mice, and one scene featured a dog food can with an illustration of a dog holding a dog food can with an illustration of a dog holding a dog food can with an illustration of etc. The mice were told that infinity lies beyond the last visible dog.