Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
I gave up on new game plus when I tried it, even though I had far more exploration/resources than you.

I'm torn between congratulating you and sending you my condolences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

I’ll replace this embed with a proper image + link to the lore page once I’m at my home computer again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2u2b9A89N0

NOTE: this video includes a joke about trans “eggs” which at the time I didn’t realize was potentially offensive. Thanks to lulti in the video comments for pointing that out and I apologize for any offence that joke caused.

EDIT: replaced the embed with the actual video, oops lmao

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fraternal father? Am I alone in thinking that phrase is... Rather odd? A brotherly father? Or the equivalent, a sisterly mother?

Oh yeah, I'm afraid I have bad news about the dog - it IS slowly dying every time you pet it! ...but then again, it would be even if you didn't.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Samovar posted:

Fraternal father? Am I alone in thinking that phrase is... Rather odd? A brotherly father? Or the equivalent, a sisterly mother?

I see what you mean, it reads a little like a phrase translated by someone whose first language isn't English.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Apologies for being so late on this, but here is the "proper" link to this week's update as well as the relevant lore.

Lore for Update 12

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oh good, I was looking forward to the Lore update. There was quite a lot of stuff we looked at this episode.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Lore for Update 13

Unfortunately, there will be another hiatus after this update. I don't expect it to be too long, though, not like what happened with the Epic Mickey LP.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Gotta say,, this LP motivated me to get off my rear end and go for the final true ending and all the hoops you have to jump through for it, it was an experience I'm looking forward to seeing another perspective eventually here.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Something that should have occurred to me earlier in this LP, but now, particularly with Altagracias and their inspiration, I am reminded about the etymological roots of the term 'monster', or what I was told.

You see, back in the day, monsters referred to something that went against the accepted idea of 'natural', i.e. two-headed calves, comets in the sky, that sort of things. These were notable instances of things being 'wrong' on a fundamental level with reality itself, and were thus seen as a portent that God/the Gods were unhappy with the way people were behaving, and changed nature so as to signal their displeasure.

That is to say: monsters were taken as evidence (by some) as proof of divine powers and their ability to influence the material realm. That what is considered regular can, at any point, be twisted and malformed by a power higher than any temporal body, and with this mutation, mankind is to be reminded of it.

Hence the word: demonstrate.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TEM: You asked if the animator needed to add jiggle physics to Altasgracias, but I have another similar question: Why is there a piece of drool that runs between all three mouths?

Also adding an egg to a bird's nest in a tree gives you the "Warm and Soft" achievement. I see what you did there.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I noticed you got a Bile flask at some point during this video, how many have you collected so far? I figured that if you were collecting and upgrading them that we'd see more progress from the giant old/new alchemist.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I am afraid Tirana is indeed a kind of flamenco singing from the XVIIIth century. No relation to the capital of Albany as far as I know.

Amanecidas is actually kind of a funny name, it's a noun, femenine version of the verb amanecer, which means "to dawn", so you could say a proper English translation would be "The Dawnmaidens"... but (at least around people I know) you also say someone is an "amanecid@" if they overslept too much... and given how long they've slept so you could say the Amanecidas are the Sleepyheads of the Miracle :v:

also debla is better than taranto, who needs i-frames when you just murder everything with loving angel beams :colbert:

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I am afraid Tirana is indeed a kind of flamenco singing from the XVIIIth century. No relation to the capital of Albany as far as I know.

The one that got away :argh:

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Pronunciation guide: Seville is pronounced "seh-VEE-yah".

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Since we're on a short break, here are examples of the flamenco styles referenced in the previous video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0M3dDXBrQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJ9S3Is6lY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyncsBB2oX0

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
She was offscreen, though we saw her do it last time, but I should note that it appears Perpetva strikes Esdras into gibs before you can land the killing blow on him. Metal! Meanwhile his bell flames out with the color of our magic like some of the other stuff we defeat. Englishman speculates Perpetva killed him before we could absorb his guilt.

"No way YOUR lovely religion is taking my bro"

It was kinda rad to see this after becoming aware of this scenario in a television show I watched with a friend recently. Apparently it happens a lot in fiction, when there is a difference of opinion in where your form of death will lead you. But I haven't read/watched much of that, have you?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 3, 2024

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I didn't know about Toron'o. My main hookup to Canadian culture are the Super Best Friends, who live(d) in Montreal and actively dislike Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
As an Albertan, the words best used to describe that half of the country are not to be used in polite company. ;)