Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

I generally don't get to watch Fri-Sat games, but Sunday 1PM first pitches my couch and I have a standing date. Ive been treated to some wild affairs so far this season. The latest installment was a 13-12 11 inning game to complete the sweep in frigid South Bend. Clemson is two outs away from no hit mercy ruling Notre Dame when a shallow right blooper breaks that up. They had a man on 1st on a error already and are able to get him across to keep the game going. Starter out, our bullpen implodes giving up 4 in the 8th, 5 in the 9th blowing a 9 run lead. Zeros in the 10. Tigers work a couple walks in the 11th when a 2 out 5-3 throwing error scores TWO runs as the ball dribbles down the right field fence. 13-11 to the bottom half we go. ND also works a couple walks, and again a 5-3 throwing error. But the Tigers cut it off and keep it to one run to preserve a 13-12 final. The game fittingly ends on a 5-3 clean play.

tl;dr: Clemson completes the sweep 13-12 on Notre Dame because their 5-3 throwing error was worse than our 5-3 throwing error in the 11th inning.
God I love college Baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://x.com/GatorsBB/status/1777875208290127998

*sigh*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nick Kurtz is loving ON ONE.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Nice to see A&M put the loving boot in on game one against Vandy

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The booting continues.

15-0 game 1, 9-0 game 2 for A&M over Vanderbilt

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&M completes the sweep 12-6

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State potentially saved their season by taking a series down in Clemson. ACC like usual stands to get a lot of teams into the tournament but not a lot of hosts.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Sweeping LSU was fun

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Our offense went to Tuscaloosa and died.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So Christian Moore and Blake Burke jointly hold the all time Tennessee home run record at 42 HRs. Gonna be fun to watch the two of them battle it out the rest of the season.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Whatever else happens this year I get to enjoy being #1 for a bit

thats neat

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

elentar posted:

NC State potentially saved their season by taking a series down in Clemson. ACC like usual stands to get a lot of teams into the tournament but not a lot of hosts.

Clemson was due a correction. Stats wise they're not blowing anyone away. Just a weird knack for getting base runners and then some timely hits/HRs. We swept FSU essentially because when we hit home runs we had a bunch of base runners, the majority of them unearned runs. When FSU did they were solo shots. Credit to State's pitching staff for shutting that down for two games. We lost our SS Ciufo (shoo-fo) the previous weekend. I'm hearing ACL and done for the year. That's a big hit defensively and at the plate. Hopefully this is just a hick-up and not the start of a slump.

Timing that past week with the Masters blew! 6PM-8PM-1PM starts meant I got to watch the majority of the two losses but not the Sunday win. :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

516 footer goddamn

https://x.com/Fantavious9/status/1780390567412629869

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Baseball school

https://twitter.com/DanielHagerKSR/status/1781490471669236141?t=PnwddcATkj8FxmLHMzwWjQ&s=19

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&M takes the doubleheader from Bama 10-5 and 18-9. Florida series looking more and more like the anomaly

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Vandy gearing up to sweep the Gators. Starter was cruising then gets ejected because he’s got some tacky black poo poo on his glove side forearm. Reliever comes to mound to warm up and promptly pulls a muscle in his back. Got another reliever trotting out now!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

lol

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
our pitching was kinda dogshit all weekend and Alabama finally managed to not surrender so many runs it didnt matter but taking the series should probably keep us #1 given what else happened

Either way its good to take the series and I will be happy if that continues

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

It was tongue in cheek, but apparently the Cats are pretty good this year. And it's a nice distraction from all the people freaking out that Mark Pope doesn't have a superstar roster already only one week into the job.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah no doubt but Tennessee won yesterday

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is why you shouldn’t talk poo poo until the series is over

There’s still another game left dingus.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I ain't scared of Kentucky

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That's literally me today

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol nice

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I dunno how this game is gonna end but it’s been hella entertaining

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
This is basically locked up. I'm going to go watch Heidi

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was a fun game

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Ok, so, tennis school, I guess.

https://twitter.com/UKMensTennis/status/1782155106277880165?t=gJFrJ1gw_299sTneEl12jA&s=19

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone trying to be Tennis-ee

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

It's 12:33 AM, UGA just walked Clemson off 4-3 on a bases loaded wild pitch in the bottom of the 15th. 7PM midweek extra inning games should be outlawed. Game featured a HR by Clemson ruled a foul in the 2nd because SEC umps.

Dawgs burned 10 pitchers so you're welcome TAMU I guess.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Out tonight but got home middle of the 5th, flipped on the game, down 4-11. Thought we were cooked. Nope, 12-11 final. 19 come from behind wins. Almost makes up for how much Wednesday morning suckkkked

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Arkansas still a little shaky on offense, but not shaky enough for Florida to capitalize in game 1 tonight.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

tactlessbastard posted:

Arkansas still a little shaky on offense, but not shaky enough for Florida to capitalize in game 1 tonight.

Florida is not good. Occasionally scrappy, but not good at all.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This is some first world problem poo poo but the pitching lately hasn't been super great, but the bats have pulled it off in all but one game

Might just also be I dont have my perceptions properly adjusted for college baseball

Aggies win 19-9 vs Georgia, and 5-2 yesterday, taking the series with the third game ongoing and A&M staked to a 1-0 lead. A&M was down 9-0 after 1 in the first game today, too, so nice comeback there

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 27, 2024

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I think I cursed the Cats. They've dropped two series in a row since I said something.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

I think I cursed the Cats. They've dropped two series in a row since I said something.

This is why college baseball is so nerve wracking: everything is small sample.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nebraska's Jackson Brockett threw a 12 K, two walk, 107 pitch no-hitter tonight.

The first solo no-hitter in Nebraska history since 1954 :stare:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
UGA run ruling Vandy is the best

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
OU softball is looking very, very mortal this year after dropping both the Bedlam series and the Texas series. Not loving our chances of getting a fourth consecutive championship anymore…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

UGA run ruling Vandy is the best

Tennessee run ruling Florida is the best