Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't fault square for this. They probably thought it would be shut down by now.

You're supposed to log in everyday to celebrate each FF character's birthday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't fault square for this. They probably thought it would be shut down by now.

The new one, not the 3DS one

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

You're supposed to log in everyday to celebrate each FF character's birthday

happy birthday aeristh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Happy Birsday Aeris

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hoppy Birds Darrens

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

so midgarworld has the gregorian calendar...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm what you'd call a Professional PUBG Gamer

https://i.imgur.com/7oaqsp3.mp4

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

so midgarworld has the gregorian calendar...

It takes place on Earth so no surprise there.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Italian bistros exist in the world of Ace Combat, which does not have a nation called Italy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Some countries just transcend dimensions

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

Toys for Bob just bought themselves out from Microsoft. They will be joining Saber Interactive as being an independent studio again.

Are we entering the reverse-consolidation era??

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it is time to leave this cursed month. let us make our Departure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jQ6skEhFs&hd=1

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Marchroidvania Chat Thread

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Funnily enough it's just "yakiniku" in original Japanese, but I guess they figured people wouldn't recognize it or something.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Kanfy posted:

Funnily enough it's just "yakiniku" in original Japanese, but I guess they figured people wouldn't recognize it or something.

they were right

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

90sgamer posted:

Toys for Bob just bought themselves out from Microsoft. They will be joining Saber Interactive as being an independent studio again.

Are we entering the reverse-consolidation era??

That would be really sweet. There's clearly a ton of passion and energy and desire to make something good by those that make games, but being an investors gambling chip makes it a million times more difficult to actually make something good, let alone make what the people actually wanted to make in the first place. I can only imagine the disgusting feeling of being laid off when your company just blew megamillion on advertising some crap your team weren't even allowed to make half as good as you know yall could. Profit motive has no taste and abhors an excess of quality.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the problem is that being an independent studio costs money and there's less and less of it to go around. several closures last year were because the studios just didn't have the stamina to constantly pitch and fundraise on top of making games

best of luck to toys for bob but the people thinking this bloodbath will result in some kind of indie renaissance are going to be disappointed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Aren't we already in an indie renaissance? I'm sure that even during the Renaissance most people were more into whatever their sports and NCIS were than rock copies of copies of old people and paintings on church ceilings.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/wrathofgnon/status/1763138299085091110

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the first strand-type profession....

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Aren't we already in an indie renaissance? I'm sure that even during the Renaissance most people were more into whatever their sports and NCIS were than rock copies of copies of old people and paintings on church ceilings.

We've passed the indiepocalypse are now amidst the indie 1,000 year reign

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Kanfy posted:

I'll have the jelly donuts, thanks

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

fez_machine posted:

We've passed the indiepocalypse are now amidst the indie 1,000 year reign

It's true. Balatro and Deep Rock Survivors sit at the right and left hands of Zagreus

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's very little investment happening in games right now. This is compared to 2020/2021 when companies like Apple were greenlighting elevator pitches for 8 figure budgets.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1763446944460947827?s=20

They're gone now but lmao that they tried

And especially lmao that apparently Valve has like nothing to prevent people doing this

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
yes my name Haounted Chocolatear, this way go purchase game!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1763446944460947827?s=20

They're gone now but lmao that they tried

And especially lmao that apparently Valve has like nothing to prevent people doing this

Valve doesn't care until too many people complain.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No, Pokemon is not on Steam. Someone else is using a different game and renaming it exactly like a Pokemon listing as a scam

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Mr Hootington posted:

Valve doesn't care until too many people complain.

The invisible hand of gaben will protect us

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it's march

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i remember warch....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The ideas of Warch.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055422