Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Earwicker posted:

thats not what im talking about, cats do all kinds of silly poo poo on their own without being enticed or scared. there are plenty of cat videos just capturing funny things cats do without humans intentionally setting up the situation

There still are people who are genuinely bothered by people who make fun of pets. I don't think there's any connection between that and the videos being funny though.

Maybe it is technically true that all humor must be morally offensive to some people, but only in the sense that someone out there will find absolutely anything morally offensive and therefore everything is offensive to someone whether it's funny or not :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I saw a video of a dog eating a whole scoop of ice cream all at once instead of licking it. As the ice cream melts he keeps chewing and it goes flying out of his mouth in every direction inside a car. Someone had to clean that up later which is NOT FUNNY.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

please report to the self cancellation booth

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
My studies indicate that humor should always contain loud fart noises for maximum funny.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Mistle posted:

The technologically advanced male/female universal F port(The "F" stands for gently caress)

its called a docking ring actually

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

emSparkly posted:

My studies indicate that humor should always contain loud fart noises for maximum funny.

What! Let me see that paper *walks towards you, trips on banana*

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I was going to but after the intro said Dave Chappell, Ricky Herbs and Chris rock were some of the funniest people in the world I mostly skimmed the rest

Oh my word, you weren't kidding.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think it's funny how if you fart on or near a dog they'll look shocked or offended. On the other hand my friend's dog would be sleeping, fart and wake up scared so she'd run and hide. She was the sweetest husky I ever met, but the poor thing was absolutely bewildered by her own farts.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

this is why my dog wears augmented reality goggles with a camera trained on her own rear end in a top hat.

strange side effect: now she chases her tail by running forward instead of in circles

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I knew the list was bunk when they didn't have my boys Carlos Mencia and Joe Rogan

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Worf posted:

its called a docking ring actually

Data Port

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Worf posted:

I read the article

y tho?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i lied to give myself more humor credibility

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Nap Ghost
Most people would agree that Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais, and Chris Rock are some of the funniest comedians. Yet, all of them have also been “canceled” by some for their jokes. Chappelle’s controversial jokes
I disagree with that.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dave Chapelle? More like Dave "Go to the Chapel and pray"!

Ricky Gervais? More like "Yucky Gervais!"

Chris Rock? More like Chris "Elevator Music" !

:boom:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Dave Chapelle? More like Dave "Go to the Chapel and pray"!

Ricky Gervais? More like "Yucky Gervais!"

Chris Rock? More like Chris "Elevator Music" !

:boom:

are you a stupid person? Or have you never heard a joke before?
They made jokes, do you know what they are?
What the gently caress is wrong with you?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Humor 2: Back in the Saddle

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It took 3 people to make the funniest post in the thread

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Most people would agree that Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais, and Chris Rock are some of the funniest comedians. Yet, all of them have also been “canceled” by some for their jokes.

at that level "canceled" just means switching to a slightly different audience and changing the branding around a couple of tv specials while continuing to tour and make a lot of money

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Earwicker posted:

at that level "canceled" just means switching to a slightly different audience and changing the branding around a couple of tv specials while continuing to tour and make a lot of money
you also have to write a lot less actual material then because you can just complain (at length) about being cancelled instead. And Netflix will pay you tens of millions for it. Seems like a sweet gig tbh

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lmao Mumpy that was quick

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Perhaps we could train an AI with just Mitch Hedberg and Steven Wright stand up bits.

And that guy who invented Sniglets.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they know about you, does that count

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

Worf posted:

i lied to give myself more humor credibility

haven’t we all, buddy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The slap was the most enteraining thing to ever happen at the oscars and they both should be given awards simply for archieveing that

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

databasic posted:

haven’t we all, buddy

AS IF

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

The slap was the most enteraining thing to ever happen at the oscars and they both should be given awards simply for archieveing that

i wasn’t entertained

they need to get russel crowe behind the podium next time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

From now on hosts and award presenters are all wwe employees and they fuckin demolish you if you slap