Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I used to cut through the Philadelphia city hall atrium every morning on my way to college, and one of the news stations always did something there for the start of Eagles season. A guy handed me a football and told me to chuck it through a tire, and somehow my scrawny arms made a few scores while they were shooting. I never saw the footage, but a friend told me about it the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My wife and I were interviewed by Simon Reeve for a British TV documentary about walking the Camino de Santiago. We walked past him early one morning and said hello, then 5 minutes later a producer came running down the trail to see if we wanted to be interviewed. We ran into him and the crew again later that day at a cafe, nice guy.

I don't know how to make a link with a timestamp but it starts at around 16:00. I'm too embarrassed to watch it because I probably say some stupid poo poo. This happened 11 years ago.

https://youtu.be/a1B1rnyUxLA?si=o95TaimMfAL1yDJ9

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 5, 2024

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Been on British TV a few times, mainly as a child/teenager.

As an adult, I was an extra in the hollywood movie "Atonement" and the British indie film "The Tournament"

Embarrassingly I have an IMDb profile (which I didn't set up and can't be bothered to have removed!)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Back in the 90s Norwegian TV and radio had a quiz show for fifth graders - regionals on radio, then a team from each of our 19 counties competed on TV. We somehow made it to the national finals, so there are three episodes of me being a nerdy little weirdo out there. NRK even has them in their archives, not that I'm going to link you there.

Also, we lost in the finals, but still won enough money to pay for my class to go on a trip to a water park - and I think the diploma is still in a trophy case at my old school.

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023
I was once on local news with a friend when we were teenagers, being interviewed about how young people caused loads of trouble and there was nothing for us to do. The interviewer was a shithead though and kept cutting and forcing us to answer the questions in a different way. He then edited a response we gave to a completely different question to make us look like tools. I swore that day to take a poo poo on every news reporter I see.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I got interviewed on some Japanese news or sports show in downtown Boston because the Red Sox had just signed some famous Japanese player and they were getting Bostonian reactions. I did not even know who this player was, but I put on a good show of being wowed and excited. Hope I made the cut!

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Only my voice calling in on Nickelodeon once or twice in the 90s. My brother has been on local news though. He disappeared for an entire day and didn't tell anyone where he went - in fact he was gone before any of us woke up which was really weird because he's usually a late sleeper. Turns out he got roped in to going to Andy's Records in town for the launch of the Spice Girls Wannabe single launch and ended up with some of his friends on local news singing the chorus.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Local news did a man on the street interview during a huge blizzard a few years ago. They approached me while I was brushing snow off my truck and when the interview was over they wanted more b-roll so they asked me to “go through the motions” of brushing off more snow (which was pretty much already cleared). They also put the wrong city under my name. The interview got shown during their 4 broadcasts that night and even the next morning, although during the final broadcast they only used my disembodied voice over someone using a snowblower.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I worked at the local public station in a small county for a while, I'd make the PSA announcements and play the high school football games. The PSAs were where I would literally take a picture from a book of stock photos, and then type over top of the image. I'd strive to choose the weirdest, badass'est image I could find. Like a winged unicorn flying out of a lightning storm for bingo nights.

I also worked for the Golf Channel for a few years off and on, running cable. Been on the Golf Channel and ESPN a handful of times for seconds or less, normally lounging in the golf cart with the RF antenna that I had to keep pointed at a blimp.
I was like 17, so it was cool poo poo. Notably, I've seen Tiger Woods brush off little kids that just want his autograph. VJ Singh and Ernie Els, seemed like nice dudes.
I also broke a camera my first day on the job, as I pulled the golf cart out and it was still attached by cable :/

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Jay is a piece of poo poo. Just a bad person

he has so many cool cars tho

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!
My grandma kept telling me she was seeing me on commercials, and I thought she was going crazier. Nah, turns out I am b-roll for the large HVAC company I work at....and they run commercials constantly. So I guess I am on TV a lot, but will never actually see it live. Such a shame. Especially since I look like a homeless man they hired to work the phone.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
About 10 years ago,I was in 2 commercials for the carpet cleaning company I used to work for. I got recognized at Albertsons one time while they were still airing.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Worf posted:

u spell center as "centre" so u definitely did

Hey i didn't write arse!

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
My wife and I were on the front row of a price is right episode. We weren't contestants, but it was a lot of fun.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Two times that I know of.

The first was when I was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5? My parents took me and my older brother to one of those very local shows that was broadcast on a very local channel where a clown would entertain an audience of kids for half an hour. The clown asked us kids what we wanted to be when we grew up and I said "a kitty cat!" (my brother said a Transformer). At the end during a credits they brought out a bubble machine and all the kids were running around catching bubbles. I ended up getting soap in my eye and ran off crying backstage.

The other time was in high school. The school's IB program (similar to AP classes) required, among other things, that students do a certain number of community service/volunteer hours to graduate. At that time, 2001 I think, a local PBS station had been airing Neon Genesis Evangelion on a weekly schedule, and for the final episode they were going to do a pledge drive. So my parents suggested to me and a couple friends to volunteer to answer calls to get some hours in.

The host who had been presenting the show every week always pronounced the name really weird, like "ee-VAN-ji-lon", and before the event began we made the mistake of letting him now how (we thought) it was SUPPOSED to be pronounced. So at the start of the pledge drive he said on air, "I've been told I've been pronouncing it wrong, so if YOU know how it's pronounced, call in with a pledge let us know!" So we ended up getting a lot of nerdy calls explaining how it's pronounced and why.

In one of the "back to the show, our operators are standing by" bumpers, I was on screen, talking with someone on the phone.

I think I saw bits of the final episode during that pledge drive, and I'm pretty sure we recorded it at home to watch later, but I STILL have no idea how that series ends.

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
Was doing linguistic fieldwork, solo, on a tiny island in the French Pacific. The local station ran a pretty long segment on me (actually two, in French and in the local language I was researching) because it is always a slow news day there. "Look at this weird little American dude who wants to learn our language. He wants to ask you questions and write about it in his notebook. Did we mention he's from AMERICA???"

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
When I was 8 or so my class went to a stamp collectors' convention because the one teacher was really obsessed with getting us to collect stamps. One of the local TV channels had a camera crew and filmed us looking over the stamp vendors' wares. When they broadcast it that night, I was dead center in the footage they used. It was kind of a big deal, we went over my grandparents' house to watch it with them. Unfortunately, they didn't have a VCR to tape it.

Also, a couple of years ago I played poker with this Saudi film student and one night he was trying to get everybody to go into the DJ booth with him to chant some slogan that sounded like "jihad" but was apparently in support of a Saudi soccer team and they were going to put it on the main Saudi soccer show. I was like the only person who was willing to do it, so I guess I got a bunch of airtime on Soccer Night in RIyadh or whatever.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

biznatchio posted:

Back in 2001 I'd put up a fake CNN webpage with a story about Britney Spears getting killed in a car accident that, with the help of goons, went extremely viral and through a coincidence of factors, ended up making its way onto the actual CNN's list of top stories and the views on the fake story went absolutely bonkers after that. Some news teams tracked me down for interviews about it; but because I had moved a few months prior, the unfortunate souls who lived at my old address got some surprise knocks on the door from reporters too.

This is a very strange question: Was this in any way tied to the Dan and Scott Show?

They used to do a bit called 'Rumor Mill' right around this time where they'd spread fake stories through some goofy pre-social media calling businesses stuff and interrupt their own call by going, "Holy poo poo, are you watching CNN? They've got a story they're playing right now that says Britney Spears was killed in a car wreck."

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I got second place in a televised regional spelling bee. The girl who won said she practiced spelling every day for years in her interview after. I said I didn't even know how you'd actually practice for a spelling bee and it did not make it to TV. I think a good half the teachers at my elementary school taped it for me. :gbsmith:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

JediTalentAgent posted:

This is a very strange question: Was this in any way tied to the Dan and Scott Show?

They used to do a bit called 'Rumor Mill' right around this time where they'd spread fake stories through some goofy pre-social media calling businesses stuff and interrupt their own call by going, "Holy poo poo, are you watching CNN? They've got a story they're playing right now that says Britney Spears was killed in a car wreck."

No but I was a devout listener of Dan and Scott so that's probably where I subconsciously got the idea. The whole thing sprang about because a few people in an IRC channel I hung out in were messing with some Britney fans on ICQ or AIM or whatever it was and I quickly whipped up the page so they could link it to them.

biznatchio fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 6, 2024

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Almost forgot, when I was growing up in Nova Scotia I was on Breakfast Television a couple of times.

Also participated in the closing ceremony of the 2012 Ryder Cup.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I was an extra in an ad about the dangers of teenage drinking when I was in high school.
Later on when I was working as an Autocue operator I was often in the backstage shots of some poo poo reality shows, like idol/x-factor/so you think you can dance etc
I think I’ve been on the news as a beer judge, sticking my nose into a taster glass while the head judge talks in the foreground.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
On my second trip to Japan I managed to get some pretty amazing seats to a New Japan Pro Wrestling show in Korakuen Hall, a small but famous venue which basically has the feel of a larger high school gym.

I ended up right next to one of the entrances, and was pretty much the only baka gaijin in the section. So I stand out like a sore American thumb. You can bring in beers and snacks from outside, so if you look just right, you can catch a shot of me sitting there, chugging Asahi from a can, while major stars come barreling out and Japanese fans politely
clap.

And so if you have the NJPW streaming service, I’ve been immortalized as part of the Japanese zeitgeist. A very small part that not many people will notice or remember, but nonetheless.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I used to do some local news cooking segments which was usually pretty fun.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I was a judge for an NBC reality show that only aired in NYC taxis 14 years ago.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I was filmed once for some "scene setting" as I walked past the campus by a local evening news crew. Imagine my surprise when I saw myself walking in the footage for their establishing shot in their brief story about some local campus protest!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

tv? is that like tiktok for old people? were you trending once grandma?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My dad was a strongman and when I was a kid me and my siblings piled into a Ford Ranger that my dad pulled with his teeth that got a spot on the local news. As an adult I was interviewed for thoughts on BBQ while I was eating at my friend's BBQ joint. My grandma called me that night very excited to tell me she saw me on tv. :kimchi:

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Worf posted:

u spell center as "centre" so u definitely did

American spelling is inconsistent to the point of being silly - do you write it as centeral? No? Then you're wrong hth.

Almost as daft as 'burglarize' instead of 'burgle', which implies that you get robbed by a burglarizer in an act of burglarization.

Anyway I got interviewed for TV when I was a kid for Australia's 'bicentennial', I think mostly cause I had my hair sprayed green and gold. I was also rocking a rat's tail as was the style for feral kids from Newcastle at the time. Was kind of funny cause they were going around asking a whole bunch people what the bicentennial meant and I think I was the only one that got it right. Basically that it was only a 'bicentennial' as judged from when the first British colony was founded in New South Wales, Australia didn't exist as a nation until 1901 and not as a sovereign nation until 1986* (two years before the so called bicentennial lol).

tbf though a lot of folks they were asking on that day were probably absolutely shitfaced drunk.

*The UK could still make laws for Australia up until 1986, until then it was also possible to appeal a legal case held in Australia to the British Privy Council.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Stoner Sloth posted:

American spelling is inconsistent to the point of being silly - do you write it as centeral? No? Then you're wrong hth.

Almost as daft as 'burglarize' instead of 'burgle', which implies that you get robbed by a burglarizer in an act of burglarization.

Anyway I got interviewed for TV when I was a kid for Australia's 'bicentennial', I think mostly cause I had my hair sprayed green and gold. I was also rocking a rat's tail as was the style for feral kids from Newcastle at the time. Was kind of funny cause they were going around asking a whole bunch people what the bicentennial meant and I think I was the only one that got it right. Basically that it was only a 'bicentennial' as judged from when the first British colony was founded in New South Wales, Australia didn't exist as a nation until 1901 and not as a sovereign nation until 1986* (two years before the so called bicentennial lol).

tbf though a lot of folks they were asking on that day were probably absolutely shitfaced drunk.

*The UK could still make laws for Australia up until 1986, until then it was also possible to appeal a legal case held in Australia to the British Privy Council.

stfural

do u even pronounce the r that u misplace in teh word

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Worf posted:

stfural

do u even pronounce the r that u misplace in teh word

very carefully

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I was in a movie called Looking for Alibrandi as an extra, and can see myself walk across the screen etc. The experience was really fun because we got a day off school to dance with girls.

Our English teacher was the author of the book, Searching for Alibrandi so the kids from her various classes across schools got to be in it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I was briefly featured on local news in a town I don't live in because I was the first customer at a pizza joint that was reopening after being closed for a long time.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Got absolutely hammered at a Sacramento Rivercats game and I made it on the jumbotron for dancing a few times.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Got absolutely hammered at a Sacramento Rivercats game and I made it on the jumbotron for dancing a few times.

Oh yeah I was on TV looking exhausted in like the 14th inning of a Tigers game.

GreatMrPopo
Apr 17, 2003
i love kami-sama
I was on TV once, I think. Just an interview about medical offices opening up after the pandemic, after the state removed the mask requirements. Pure fluff. I'm sure I looked poo poo.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

my dad told alex trebek an embarrassing story about me on jeopardy

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

cock hero flux posted:

my dad told alex trebek an embarrassing story about me on jeopardy

i saw that episode, its good they finally got the poop out of ur hair

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Worf posted:

i saw that episode, its good they finally got the poop out of ur hair

bold of you to assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Sort of. I made a short clay/toy animation for my end-of-year high school art project and one of the art teachers got it to air on the local public access channel. It felt weird seeing my model cars and my bathroom floor (with a blurry laundry pile in the background) on TV for all to see.

Also, I was one of the stagehand extras in the “NeXT Cube” segment of Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs movie, which I guess is streamable on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeZQ4Oi1wu8

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 8, 2024