Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Does anyone even still watch tv? I'm in a popular retirement area so I think the people around here do. Anyway I'm supposed to be on a tv commercial and we're filming on Monday. I'm a little nervous about it. It will probably be fun once I get used to the cameras but I know I'm going to do or say something awkward at some point because I'm just like that. It'll be interesting to see how everyone else at work acts too.

The only other times I've been on TV it was when I was in college marching band (vols bitch) so I was part of a big group so it wasn't really me in particular. Plus they don't show as much of the band like they used to so it was just brief. Oh and one time you could see me in the audience on Conan. That was a really fun experience going to see that and my family saw me on tv which they were totally stoked about. But I wasn't part of the show or anything. This should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

G4, they were doing a thing on PAX East 2011 where Steve Jackson was playing Munchkin with myself and a couple of other Enforcers.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I was on The A Team Challenge several times, which sadly has nothing to do with B.A. Baracus or a sweet 80s van. It was televised high school academic quiz bowl on NBC 2 Fort Myers. 1996 champions, motherfucker.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
In 2005, when the Texas Longhorns football team were on their way to a national championship, I had the idea for a sign that my mother said was too complicated to get on TV. I insisted, and she reluctantly made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8-0_SA5VfA&t=3200s

I TOLD YOU, MOM. DON'T DOUBT MY IDEAS.

(I'm not in the shot, but I've been on other broadcasts)

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i was an extra for some short-lived tv show called Alienated that was partially filmed at my high school. i never actually saw an episode of it though

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I did a lot of audience work in college cause I had a class that would give extra credit for it, so like yes technically

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I was interviewed by the news, twice. First time was when I was like 8 at an exhibition opening at the science museum. They did a cool faraday cage demo. The second time was after the Red Sox won the world series in 2004. They won in St. Louis, but my dorm was near Fenway so I went down there early in the morning to get World Series swag, they interviewed a few people in line.

The end.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

my kindergarten class visited a new childrens museum and it broadcast on the local PBS affiliate

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
A local tv-station did a small documentary about my elementary school and I'm one of the dumb kids making a face at the camera.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Kilonum posted:

G4, they were doing a thing on PAX East 2011 where Steve Jackson was playing Munchkin with myself and a couple of other Enforcers.

Yeah, I was in on that too.

It was nice to meet Steve Jackson, but after they edited it, it wasn't much of a TV spot.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
My mom modeled for a while before and after I was born and I'm told that I've been in a number of local television commercials as a baby in the mid 1980s on account of that. Nobody has ever asked me for my autograph, however.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I've been on the news twice, both times relating to mass shootings :911:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
unless my life is a truman-show-esque tv thing i'm as of yet unaware of, no

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've been on a few times, but they had to blur my face out because innocent until proven guilty.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

no

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Local news promo when I was like 4. I was at the park when they were getting b-roll footage.

e: forgot I was on also The Planets Funniest Animals back in the early 2000's. Sent in a video of my cat licking my hair and got a sweet hundo.

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 4, 2024

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
My dream is to be one of those ladies in a true crime show who's just like, "he was such a good guy, we had no idea he was a serial killer!"

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Oh, sorta related. My cousin worked on the Daily Show for a little bit and got to be an extra on Broad City.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

tsn a couple times as a rally competitor that probably like 15 people watched

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Me and my older cousin got pulled out of line at Universal / Nickelodeon to do a line for a commercial when we were like 8 and 13.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
When I was 11 I was interviewed by the local news because I was a patient at Children's Hospital and they were doing a telethon. This was before HIPPA and no one gave a poo poo that they went into a hospital and just started filming people.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Yeah when I was a baby and tv's were much bigger back then.

EDIT: I almost fell off but my dad laughed and my mom cried. :(

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
If you watch CBS local news in Pittsburgh, they have b-roll footage of the front of my workplace that I ended up in unbeknownst to me. A couple times a year a coworker tells me that they saw me on the news.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm too hot for tv, censors wouldn't let me air.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I was briefly in a local news clip about a fish kill driving a boat in the background.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
When I was a kid growing up in Toronto, my mom worked at CFTO-TV so I used to get on a lot of the kids shows they produced as an extra.

More recently, the local news station where I live was having a slow news day and I was the media contact for our astronomy club, so they came out and interviewed me about an upcoming meteor shower.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i went to some live john oliver comedy special that was filmed for tv and they had cameras constantly roving over the audience to get reactions and we all had to sign a release etc. but i never bothered watching the actual show to see if i was in it. it was a strange experience because it was actually two shows and some of the comedians did a set in each show and told the same jokes and we all had to act like they were still funny the second time

some of my music was on tv when the writers from a podcast i work for were on the late show, but i was not there personally

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I was on a made for tv staged behind the scenes filming of Full House. I was on an episode of some tv show with Matthew Modine where he plays a psychic doctor or some poo poo, it sounded dumb.

Living in the big city could wind you up in the audience or background of stuff.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I am in the opening credits of select Storage Wars Texas episodes. I was in local cable access wrestling show we did every week and was interviewed for the local news about it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I was incredibly handsome as a child and I showed up on the local news 3 separate times by the time I was 6

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Twice in high school in the mid-‘90s during the local annual Rodeo Parade when I was part of the parade. Then some years later when I was a spectator at the parade, some horses got spooked and ran into the mayor’s coach. There was a guy recording the parade with a professional camera right behind me, and so when the mayor’s coach got slammed by the horses, I said out loud, “OH MAN!” Dude submitted that clip to the local news, and so for the next two days my “OH MAN!” audio was played heavily.

I was also featured in the newspaper for Earth Day 1992. I won a national award with a bunch of other kids for a climate change drawing I did. I was ahead of the curve.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I was in the audience of Dave Letterman a bunch of times in college so probably.

Nowadays I just turn off my monitor.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I was a local on camera television reporter in a metro area of about two million people in the mid 2000s and it was weird as gently caress being an occasionally recognized F-List celebrity.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Yep, my teaching partner and i were semi-kidnapped (we did get paid a5 th3 3nd but everything was very vaguely explained as it was jappening) to judge an english competition at the local hospital in Lishui city in zhejiang, china.

The head of english called us at like 6 in the morning and told us he'd take us somewhere after school and that we weren't to tell the headmaster. So we followed along and it was this big hall and we were seated right at the front while various nurses and doctors Performed Their English at us. At the end we had to say what a great job they did, one of us had to give a speech with no prep (i was a coward so it was my partner who delivered) afterwards we got handed envelopes with cash and told not to tell anyone about this which was puzzling because it apparently ended up getting broadcast locally.

Afterwards we got taken to a restaurant and it was super clear the head of the english department had set all this up to get into this one hot doctor lady's pants.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
if you count vhs tapes from family holidays and vacays and poo poo, yeah i guess so
i'm ready for my close up, mister demille

*television is poison to the mind and spirit. do not fall prey to its wiles

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

deep dish peat moss posted:

I was incredibly handsome as a child and I showed up on the local news 3 separate times by the time I was 6

what happened when you turned 6?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yes, I was in a super short segment in the local nightly news [had to have been a slow news day!]

whenever the Peter Weller Naked Lunch movie came out, I was ?26ish

Camera dude and reporter were in the lobby of the theater when the movie ended and wanted a comment about it; the other person kept walking...

I said it was really strange and they ran it :lmao:

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
My family went bungee jumping and it happened to be the day that MTV's "Kevin Seal, Sporting Fool" was there for a shoot. All told I got about 5 seconds of screen time.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Junk posted:

what happened when you turned 6?

I got PTSD and gained weight :shobon: