Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
There are some neighbors that years ago all went in on buying an ultralight/powered glider. They cleared a forested area on one of their lands for a runway/landing strip.

First guy to go up flew straight into a tree on take-off. Repairs. Second guy to go up missed the trees, but immediately turned too sharp and stalled it. Repairs. Third guy did the exact same thing.

I learned the story when one of them hosted a Halloween party in their shop/barn (It was a very pristine barn btw) and I look up towards the ceiling and see the remains of the ultralight tucked into the rafters. "Is that an ultralight up there?" "Yeah, let me tell you the story!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Biggest threat to a Gyro-Copter is actually a Crypt Fiend.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sourdough Sam posted:

Biggest threat to a Gyro-Copter is actually a Crypt Fiend.

the gryocopters looked so much cooler than the flying machines

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Gyrocopters were a lot of fun but being able to simply fly away during a blood moon or any sort of event made it feel like you well and truly beat the game. Some servers would disable vehicles during blood moons, or worse, disable being able to put entire vehicles into your inventory.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
in jersey we call it a sub copter

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

those suckers will slip right through your basic iron dome

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

It’s pronounced HERO-copter

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
A-tzatziki Helicopter

Quadcopter Drone Shawarma

weg fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 8, 2024

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Anybody got links to the best current era gyrocopters? I'm legit curious what the cutting edge poo poo looks like now.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

id like to cop a gyro, guy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cop in a copter

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bad Purchase posted:

those suckers will slip right through your basic iron dome

that poo poo was loving wild

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

I really like the open cockpit ones that are basically just a flying chair. In 1990 Ralph Taggart created the GyroBee and released the documentation so anyone could build one. There have been a bunch of revisions on that basic kit since then and different people you can order the components from. If you want to build a flying chair, it looks like the StarBee is probably the best place to start.

https://starlightsportaircraft.com/star-bee-gyros

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Anybody got links to the best current era gyrocopters? I'm legit curious what the cutting edge poo poo looks like now.

The scene is all about customs

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

how to convert kawasaki ninja to a gyro-copter

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

numberoneposter posted:

how to convert kawasaki ninja to a gyro-copter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

I had this when I was a kid and it ruled.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Does he have extra tzatziki and chili sauce?

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Original Mad Max or Road Warrior movie gyro copter put it on the map for kids of that era.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
is that the guy on youtube who just flies around in a fuckin chair with a propeller on it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:hmmyes:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:bisonyes:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

It's pronounced "yeero guy."

e:

Dicty Bojangles posted:

It’s pronounced HERO-copter

You evil bastard.

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 9, 2024

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

this guy fuckin knows whats up

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

numberoneposter posted:

this guy fuckin knows whats up

Got life loving figured out.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Got the Air National Guard trying to intercept my Kawasaki GyroCycle for buzzing the Arby's.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Basically what we're talkin' bout here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This toy kicked so much rear end. I still have the little yellow guy with his removable helmet :3:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I got into a car accident while holding this very specific toy which left a tiny scar by my left eye from the propeller blade. Toy still rocks and I played with it for years afterwards

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Vampire Panties posted:

I got into a car accident while holding this very specific toy which left a tiny scar by my left eye from the propeller blade. Toy still rocks and I played with it for years afterwards

2020 was rough on all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I ordered gyrocopter plans from the back of a Men's Journal