Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

DeadlyMuffin posted:

WTF where do you live???

Lots of cities in the west have 'Little ___', neighbourhoods with a high concentration of ___ expats. I'm in Toronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

There were a lot of Portuguese where I grew up and a people always assumed I was also Portuguese. I am not Portuguese, I am not catholic, I do not go to the feshta at the beach.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Lots of cities in the west have 'Little ___', neighbourhoods with a high concentration of ___ expats. I'm in Toronto.

gently caress this makes me want custard tarts now

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

:lmao: what a bunch of dumasses. Spain, France, and Italy were like right next door! Could have had them instead of malaria.

Italy had malaria for about two thousand years and only eliminated it in the middle of the last century.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Saalkin posted:

Portugal was never king poo poo

Macao would disagree

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
It's still there, op

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

just realized that the frozen egg tarts i’ve been munching on and loving were 100% made in portugal. gg ya’ll

king poo poo

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The Marquis Of Pombal is definitely in my list of historical figures who were so much smarter than the average person of the time they might as well have been wizards. Also I went to Portugal in the mid 80's and had really good sardines at a restaurant on the beach. They also have that mental surf place. And they have that crazy Harry Potter looking bookstore. Portugal is ok.

whatever happened to austria is a much better question

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Torquemada posted:

whatever happened to austria is a much better question

all kinds of poo poo, much of it their own doing but, the last time i was there, austria felt unexpectedly kind of nice. like a weird more chill version of germany where people laugh in public and don't stare at you for fun.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Guy with a Third Man avatar cannot be trusted to have neutral opinions about Austria :classiclol:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Earwicker posted:

all kinds of poo poo, much of it their own doing but, the last time i was there, austria felt unexpectedly kind of nice. like a weird more chill version of germany where people laugh in public and don't stare at you for fun.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Take a hike back to the Osterreich.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Does anyone even live in Portugal it’s weird as hell you constantly hear about it but outside the soccer team or a food show I’ve never seen or talked anyone from Portugal

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I hear portuguese all the time outside. They are just honking away at some bullshit like the neighbor let their dog out to poo poo or there's a loud truck on the road or somebody threw out some old bread.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

portugal is such a tiny rear end country there was no way they were gonna sustain a loving empire lmbo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TrashMammal posted:

just realized that the frozen egg tarts i’ve been munching on and loving were 100% made in portugal. gg ya’ll

king poo poo

they truly are

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

TrashMammal posted:

king poo poo

The frozen ones at Costco are the best pastel de nata I've had outside of Portugal

Drown them in cinnamon

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Portuguese sweet bread/rolls also kicks rear end

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

TrashMammal posted:

king poo poo

Pastel de nata
Gimme

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Oh yea vinho verdes good stuff too

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

portugal is fine. no further questions.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

George Washington drinking so much Port wine that he stained his lovely fake teeth purple.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Szyznyk posted:

George Washington drinking so much Port wine that he stained his lovely fake teeth purple.

about those teeth… :dogstare:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

Brasil é o número um, huehuehuehue

Isso aqui, mas seriamente.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TrashMammal posted:

about those teeth… :dogstare:

Looks pretty good tbh. I don’t think dentistry was a real thing back then

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7oAAUsKssE

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Call Your Grandma posted:

more like fartugal imo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

anyway portugal sucks but they left us pastel de belem, so who can say

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

fun fact one of the chain stores here to get pastel de belem here is called habib's which is a chain that dresses up as an arabic styled place but it's owned by a portuguese family

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

they never recovered from the madeline mccann tragedy

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Port is great, it’s red wine that gets you twice as drunk for half the price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Gatto Grigio posted:

Port is great, it’s red wine that gets you twice as drunk for half the price

i like a couple sips of port after a nice meal but its so cloyingly sweet there is no way i would be able to drink enough of it to even get buzzed