Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This game gets Fist of the North Star, and sequences such as this one utterly prove it. An extended assault against the enemy camp with Ken (and possibly the ally of the arc) carving a path through hordes of mooks capping it off with the boss is quintessential FotNS, and getting to play it is :discourse:

The boss there never actually uses Meito Kieiken (for obvious reasons), but it's kinda hard to spot in the middle of the fight. You saw a trigger for the flying hundred crack fist by the way, bosses will trigger a chance basically as soon as they reach 25% health. For most bosses (read: not Raoh) it's more than enough to finish them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 37 - No More Bet

We definitely have time for this

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 38 - Be A Normal Man

:stare: That Meito Kieiken is no joke huh

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 39 - The Man Of Hokuto

You know it's funny, once we started putting these episodes on the burner, we stopped getting guff from youtube :thunk:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I love Targa as a boss fight because he's a nobody and the fight shows it.

During the QTE cutscene you deal damage for like 1/3 of Targa's HP. After it Targa's life bar is well into the flying counter zone (which for whatever reason didn't trigger for you?) which should be enough to deal enough damage to end the fight there.

All in all it really gives the feel of a fight against an elite mook that on one hand Ken has to actually take seriously but on the other hand get out of here you're already dead.
I love that the idiot genuinely thought he was immune to Hokuto, and that Ken clearly decided to go for a slow and painful pressure point after Targa's insane spiel, which is both very appropriate and true to the material.
(In the show if a villain is not a complete monster or deserves some pity for some reasons Ken will usually go for quick and/or painless kills, but if the villain is completely a monster they're gonna suffer. The latter half of Jagi's fight in the anime is straight up a torture session and gently caress Jagi he deserved it)

I kinda like that Jagre survived as I really like Jagre, and I love how they sneaked the fact that he was an elite mook in plain sight by coding him like an elite mook.
Lyra might have made it? Emphasis on might. She's still there in endless mode (the post-game) but that's non-canon so :shrug:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I feel like if Jagre survived, then Lyra did too

And yes I'm pretty pissed off at being betrayed like that but also they're both loving idiots and ate poo poo while betraying us so I guess we can forgive them

The bar is Low.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:eng101: Eden will probably be fine from what little we know about the nukes. Fissile materials in a nuclear reactor have a totally different configuration from those in a bomb, so unless I missed something the two would have to be entirely separate to be plausible in an unmanned facility.

For similar reasons, I can totally buy that the "glass" shield could protect Ken and Yuria. It takes an enormous feat of engineering to turn fissile material into an actual bomb as opposed to a hazard. This includes the ignition process of the bomb itself. If the missiles couldn't get out of the Sphere City hanger itself, they probably got their firing sequences messed up to create a dirty bomb effect and some conventional explosions. Totally something that could kill Nadai because he's right there, but not instant death afterwards.

Or maybe I'm just spitballing and have read up too much on nuclear engineering. There's always that possibility. :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
If you had asked me who the final boss would be, I wouldn't have guessed Targa of all people. More like someone like Raoh, but I guess not. Maybe he's this game's Amon replacement for when you complete all the substories, which I don't know if you guys are going to do?