Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

They even have a Cabaret Club minigame and everything.

I played this game when it came out but never finished it because my PS4 constantly made the room hot as gently caress so I didn't like to turn it on. I also watched the first arc of the anime a long time ago so please enjoy as I kinda half remember both of them :v:

:siren:Episodes!:siren:

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 1 - Delicious Canned Meal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Shin's VA is indeed who did Nishiki (and Ichi) in Yakuza, Kazuhiro Nakaya.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dope

lets explode many large mens head

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Kazuma Kiryu has never killed a man, but Kenshiro is going to make up for the lack.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
This game was fun, but unfortunately it had some downsides. I liked Dead Souls better.

Still, anyone who doesn’t think Fist of the North Star is awesome can be subjected to Kenshiro’s most notorious moves.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Also, what depraved maniac would play this in English. "Omae wa mou shindeiru" is one of the most iconic phrases of the genre and who would say no to Takaya Kuroda doing it?

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
All I remember about Kenshin was that the football helmet guy really likes his sawn-off shotguns.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 2 - It's Just Yakuza

Yakuza and FOTNS really do blend together perfectly

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Let me tell you, I've been playing the Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star edition and it's a pretty funny contrast to this.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Gideon020 posted:

All I remember about Kenshin was that the football helmet guy really likes his sawn-off shotguns.

That would be Jagi, the runt of the 4 brothers consisting of Toki (kung fu Jesus) Raoh (huge muscular guy with ambitions for conquering the world/wasteland with the power and skill to back it up), and Kenshiro (the main protagonist). Jagi...was not as good at Hokutoshinken like his brothers, but he did make up for it by being an utter cheating poo poo and incorporating some Nantoseiken into his move set. Mind you, his poo poo tier mastery over Hokutoshinken was enough to gently caress over your run of the mill peasant and/or bandit.

That concludes this segment of "poo poo No One Asked About". :v:

Edit: Toko? Surely you mean Toki. :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I read through FotNS end to end once and goodness, that thing really starts to tank after Raoh huh?

THIS however I always meant to get around to, but never had the time for it. It seems a natural combination (truly who could this mystery man behind Jagi be:v:).

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gilgamesh255 posted:

That would be Jagi, the runt of the 4 brothers consisting of Toki (kung fu Jesus) Raoh (huge muscular guy with ambitions for conquering the world/wasteland with the power and skill to back it up), and Kenshiro (the main protagonist). Jagi...was not as good at Hokutoshinken like his brothers, but he did make up for it by being an utter cheating poo poo and incorporating some Nantoseiken into his move set. Mind you, his poo poo tier mastery over Hokutoshinken was enough to gently caress over your run of the mill peasant and/or bandit.

That concludes this segment of "poo poo No One Asked About". :v:

Edit: Toko? Surely you mean Toki. :v:

To add on to this, Toki is voiced by Kashiwagi's voice actor, and Raoh is voiced by Ryuji's voice actor, if anyone is curious what direction the story's gonna take :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Okay this'll make sense in like a month or so but This is little Gray Gray and we love him

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
It's a panda, there's never a time that a beautiful child like that doesn't make sense.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

hell yeah we get to meet our best bud Jagre

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 3 - Have Enough Flashbacks?

They front load a lot of the boring stuff to get you up to speed so after this we'll stop seeing so many random flashbacks

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I love this game, warts and all.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

kenshiro space program is good and cool

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 4 - Sometimes People Are Just Really Big

They never blame it on radiation or anything so I assume even before the bombs dropped, some people were just 40 feet tall in this universe

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I can't imagine anyone in this world has a working sense of smell anymore. drat near everyone is so gross and grody that your nose just nopes right the gently caress out. Even if you still did somehow, your nose would shut down instantly in self-defense on encountering giant boy here.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whacking the pressure point that gives your sense of smell back on Jagre every time he gives me backchat

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

disposablewords posted:

I can't imagine anyone in this world has a working sense of smell anymore. drat near everyone is so gross and grody that your nose just nopes right the gently caress out. Even if you still did somehow, your nose would shut down instantly in self-defense on encountering giant boy here.

Hokuto Shinken allows the practitioner to selectively choose what odors they can smell, and to what degree. :v:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
That's what makes the heads pop. The sinuses swell up and explode to escape the stank.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

japanese voice is the correct choice but jagre's english voice actor does a pretty great job too imo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 5 - Nepo-baby

This town is a prison, christ

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Pretty much yeah. I don't know if you noticed but Jagre is coded like your standard FotNS elite mook, mohawk and all, and it's incredibly appropriate for the place.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gotta admire the moxie on these mooks to attack Dan like that, even though he can explode them with a single poke in the right spot.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I didn't like this one (I have no experience with the anime, and I missed Kiryu and crew too much) but the batting cage minigame is a dang treat.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 6 - Nugget

Good to see you, old friend :unsmith:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Suggestion: be very frugal about using your shining orbs, they're in short supply.

Which standard special move you do depends on which point of the combo you used the circle finisher.
Ex the hundred crack fist is after the longest combo (4 or 5 standard attacks -> circle), the "grab an enemy with your thumb and use him to beat other enemies" was the second longest (I want to say 3 attacks and then circle).

As you noticed the positioning for the Hokuto killing moves is kinda finicky. Simplest way is that when you connect with a circle finisher just leave the stick on neutral and wait for the animation to end, then hit circle as soon as the prompt comes up.

I should replay this, Yakuza team really gets FotNS.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Xsana is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, who also voiced Makoto in Y0. So yes, another Yakuza VA appearing here too.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Targa is basically Joon Gi-Han. That's his voice actor too.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 16, 2024

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Wiseblood posted:

Targa is basically Joon Gi-Han. That's his voice actor too.

we found this out later but I definitely remember thinking this

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise Episode 7 - Big Circuit

Bat is voiced by Taichi's voice actor, in case there was any question about us adopting him

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pretty cool stuff, it doesn't even give you a timestamp to figure out what this dipshit robot is talking about

ughh I'm looking into it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on hate speech. Learn more about combating hate speech in your country.

no idea why it dinged this episode and not the previous one :v:
Also charged attacks are what you use against guys that block

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Where were you when Dan got cancelled.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Sitting right here, mostly surprised it hasn't happened before already from their Overpowering Gay Energy.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

Where were you when Dan got cancelled.

watching the video because i clicked it before youtube did a fucko :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Did you hear anything that a robot could think was hate speech, the bar is so low that an episode of Yakuza 3 got canned because Grace said "I hate white people" while Richardson was shooting me in the dick, and my appeal was denied within seconds of submitting when I said white people and CIA agents aren't a protected class as outlined in their hate speech policy