Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Japan has had jury trials for a few years now. Not quite a jury in the American sense, but participating as lay judges along professional judges. How well that works and goes I have no idea.

Also, geta are the type of sandals that indeed look very much like a sushi serving thingy yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Judgement Episode 58 - A Whole rear end Grenade

For the love of god invest in wig adhesive

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This was a great moment and I laughed a lot just now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhAFrO75WM&t=1364s

Congrats on your kill random gun mook from off-camera.
Maskguy isn't even looking while running over the fresh corpse there.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 21, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 59 - How Is It A Miss?

:gonk:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 60 - So Many Pylons

Just a heads up starting tomorrow Grace and I are visiting his family for a week, so there's a chance I'll forget to post an episode once in a while since I'll be phoneposting. I'll try to keep things going

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 61 - Vastly Worse Than A Normal Horror Game

I HATE IT HERE

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I can tell you why the Florist doesn't appear anymore, he's a headache for the writers since he tends to know everything happening.

You'll see what I mean when you start Y7

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Not to mention Yakuza 6 would've been vastly different if Kiryu could've just sauntered up to the Florist and learned everything about Haruka and who Haruto's dad was.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Even a throwaway "Purgatory was shut down or changed for Kamuro Hills and also the Florist moved to America or something it's been three years" would help since it's just so blatant that Kiryu should have gone there to find out about Haruto and Haruka

Also honestly that doesn't really bug me but the sewer shrinking really does for some reason even I don't know why

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
It's very sloppy on the part of the writers yes. But as we've established, remembering things that happened in previous games is already iffy when it comes to Kiryu, and much worse when it comes to supporting characters. Shinada and cop dude from Y4 also disappeared without a word. Or for that matter, poo poo that happens in a single game. Remember how big the narrative was on Saejima becoming sworn brothers with Baba after everything was done, or how Majima was Park's ex-husband in Y5, and they just... forgot?

The sewers shrinking is weird, as is underground Kamurocho disappearing. It's just dang inscrutable.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
they do actually mention tanimura a singular time in 5 in the amon quest where the cast are like 'well one of these letters is for tanimura but he's not around rn' and then they all look over at shinada who's like 'hey guys whats up? guys? guys what are we doing?' gilligan cut to him being part of the amon fights now

but yeah true

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The Florist was a relic of the first Yakuza game being, at the time, a stand-alone experience, his precense in future games just got more and stretched until he was erased entirely.

Can't say I miss the guy and his massive underground spying network.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 62 - Banned On Macsiv

I definitely don't miss the Florist as a plot device, but I miss him as a character. Kinda, he was a dick sometimes

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Yeah, he could be a dick, but in a likeable way.

But also, even if he'd been in this game, it wouldn't have made much of a difference. We know everything; Shono saw a slippery slope and grabbed a sled, and no matter how many people had to die, the end justified the means to him; Kido, who had a chance to do the right thing but didn't; Ichinose, who doesn't give a gently caress how many people get crushed for his schemes to get his buddies a fat retirement job; Kuroiwa is the Mole because of course the cop is the serial killer. If this was a Kiryu game, that'd be enough. We'd be cracking skulls and Tiger Dropping goons until we punched our way to the final mastermind to settle things like men, shirtless and on top of a tall building. But it's not, this is a Yagami game, and it's much more about the system and its workings that lead to all this. You can't punch that until it stops, unlike Tojo traitor #1312.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 63 - The Secret Sushi

Sushi Gin remains one of the best

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Really giving off the "Final wrap-up before the finale" vibe here.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Judgement Episode 64 - Cat Food Trafficking

We found the golden ticket out of poverty just before finishing the game :cripes:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Mr Kim is the true villain of this game. I hate him so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Judgement Episode 64 - Cat Food Trafficking

We found the golden ticket out of poverty just before finishing the game :cripes:

As is tradition in Dan & Grace LPs.