Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pro tip: old people love it when you flirt with them and are often packing several prescriptions of the good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Hello friends, can you explain this one. Can you buy a booze at bingo halls?

depends on state in mine no in ca yes

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

snergle posted:

depends on state in mine no in ca yes

in ca it depends on the municipality. bingo + alcohol is banned outright in some areas. statewide, the law says they’re supposed to cut you off from playing bingo if you appear intoxicated

pretty sure they can liquor you up as much as they want on tribal land though, which is fair and just and hilarious

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
I just sneak it in using my hollow leg (lost it in the war)

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Connecticut got rid of that a while ago but yeah. Back in the day my buddy tended bar at a Knights of Columbus and we would get absolutely blasted while pounding $2 beers and $3 shots and playing cribbage for money with the regulars.

Good times, good times.

I was just thinking about this, the low cost of beers compared to a bar. Went with an uncle to a Vets club about 10 years ago, and we were getting decent bottled beers for $2 each. My mind was blown.

Lol, it was for lunch too, just totally day-drinking for cheap.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
The American Legion hall (where bingo is played on Sundays and Wednesdays iirc) in the town I grew up in was founded when the town was dry and does NOT serve alcohol

Feb 19, 2024
Booze. Music. Weed. Bitches. Any Questions?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

021924 posted:

Booze. Music. Weed. Bingo. Any Questions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

More of a Bingo lodge, really.