Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Toranaga constantly has to adapt and change to circumstances or the actions of others he wasn't expecting and he understood that death and failure was absolutely a possibility... but you adapt and you most of all keep your head. That's why the scene of him receiving Ochiba's letter is so important, you can see the weight he's been under just lift off of him in that moment, and it's a beautiful, beautiful piece of acting.

Yes, while he was always managing to start a step ahead he still had to adapt to all the curveballs coming at him. He and Yushiba were basically polar opposites the entire time, which is why I loved the final conversation being between those two.

Also it's interesting going back and seeing when Toranaga launched his different falcons, in E6 he plays on Mariko's guilt to get her prepared to launch the one woman Crimson Sky. Cold and calculated, but he wasn't playing a game of friends and enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Burns posted:

Flop or not Waterloo is still a great flick. We likely wont get 20k soviets but you dont really need that many dudes nowadays anyway.

The Mosfilm YouTube channel has the director's four film War and Peace cycle and the Battle of Borodino installment is even more impressive

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I watched that Scorsese Silence movie as a chaser to this. Man that movie was an absolutely miserable 2h 40m. I loving loved it.