Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Pretend I posted battle beasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
did they ever provide a satisfactory ending to the storylines of mutant league sports?

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Beer Gay So What posted:

did they ever provide a satisfactory ending to the storylines of mutant league sports?

any mention of mutant league and my brain instantly plays the skeleton team manager from mutant league hockey going LAAAAVVY-AVVY-OY

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

These are still popular. I have confiscated three of them today. My students like playing with them when we are supposed to be taking notes. Back in the day, I used to send the ones I confiscated to goon soldiers in Iraq in the care packages Mrs. Genesplicer and I would send out.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Laser pointers were a big millennial fad, but it was gen Z's idea to shine them at commercial jets

Gen Z > Millennials

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
There was a line of micro machines that was just cool action figure guys. I remember being obsessed with them cause I could get multiple action figures for the price of one in my kid brain. Like I was gaming my parents system. I think they were called Z Bots and I had a hundred of them.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Extra Large Marge posted:

Laser pointers were a big millennial fad, but it was gen Z's idea to shine them at commercial jets

Gen Z > Millennials

pretty sure it happened during that craze but we didn’t have the tech to catch kids like we do now

I had a laser pointer with a alien head laser it was sick

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Yomega bro

There was a whole gang of yo yo kids at my elementary school

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
I was gona say yo-yos but have been narrowly beaten :negative:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I kind of remember yo-yos, Pokemon cards are still popular, and also I remember every annoying kid insisting on showing off their finger skateboard thing.

Besides that I think somehow I missed like all these fads. I can't even remember any I was into either. Mind you I was both poor and spectacularly oblivious to things happening around me, so it wasn't so much being better than fads as I was just too dumb to recognise them.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Minotaurus Rex posted:

I was gona say yo-yos but have been narrowly beaten :negative:

we had real yo yos tho. not this auto return bullshit. duncan butterfly binth

I had binders and binders of Xmen and other cards though.

a few years ago I found a binder of Power Rangers cards???? I have no recollection of ever collecting those and wasn't even a big fan.

besides amy jo johnson, the best pink ranger (who is now 53, lol)

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 1, 2024

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wearing Vans, Airwalk, and World Industries stuff without ever learning how to skateboard was a cool thing to do

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Ville Valo posted:

These are nothing compared to Kinnikuman and Homies. NOTHING!

Homies ruled as a brown person. I may still have some lil’ Homies kicking around somewhere in a storage box.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

best bale posted:

In addition to Oakland raiders and Chicago bulls

Yeah but those were good investments. I still wear my Bulls Starter parka on particularly stormy days, 30+ years later. I teach grade school and those kids love seeing it and hearing me talk about Michael Jordan.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Ville Valo posted:

Whoah those MUSCLE men bring me back. Didn't even know they were called until now.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lt. Cock posted:

There was a line of micro machines that was just cool action figure guys. I remember being obsessed with them cause I could get multiple action figures for the price of one in my kid brain. Like I was gaming my parents system. I think they were called Z Bots and I had a hundred of them.

poo poo I had some of these, they were cool

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I want Z-Bots

gimmie your z-bots

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOo0CED_yU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Hey kids!

do you think homies are cool but you are too much of a white honky rear end honky to play with Latino figurines and not feel racist?

Try Palermos

Homies never had many machines in my area but Palermo’s did.

Are both the priest and the guy in the white shirt molesting the woman on the left? Very classy toys

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

ChickenHeart posted:

I want Z-Bots

gimmie your z-bots

holy poo poo that's them. I want them back. I used to do epic weekend long battles with them using terrain like my sister's discarded Barbie Playhouse, Mighty Max play sets, and anything else I could dig up in our basement.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

ChickenHeart posted:

I want Z-Bots

gimmie your z-bots

Oh my god, we had these growing up and I never knew what they were called. I loved these! Used to set up little wars for them to fight against each other.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Hell yeah z bots were my poo poo
I was also hugely into the military micro machines and the associated giant transforming bases n stuff

Also the small g i joes that had the rubber band holding their torso to their legs

Also also battle tech mechs with the orange spot you gotta hit to launch their escape pod thingy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sarah Cenia posted:

Hell yeah z bots were my poo poo
I was also hugely into the military micro machines and the associated giant transforming bases n stuff

Also the small g i joes that had the rubber band holding their torso to their legs

Also also battle tech mechs with the orange spot you gotta hit to launch their escape pod thingy

Yoooo the micro machines van was my jam

For a change, the modern version is not a pile of poo poo, and actually looks sweet

UNfortunately, it looks like the quality control on micro machines themselves have gone down the toilet

Ed:

Thesaurus posted:

Are both the priest and the guy in the white shirt molesting the woman on the left? Very classy toys

The toys themselves were not, blame the layout artist who designed that box

The only palermos that touched one another by default was a bride and groom couple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
I remember asking my teacher if I could bring my Crazy Bones to school for recess. In a zany voice, she asked "do they make you go crazy?" but otherwise said yes. Of course by the time I had a bunch of them the fad seemed to be winding down.

I did make a handful of trades. I gave up my 007-inspired James Bone for this cool guy wearing a gas mask. Later on I found out that it was actually a pacifier. Boy did I feel like a Dummy after that! At least he was a cool purple color.

Eggy was my favorite, but probably just because everyone else said that he and Speedy were the best. I was negotiating a trade of Eggy for Speedy with some kid, and asked if I could get the cage that Speedy was being stored in too. Our friend with us punched me in the gut, apparently since it was an unreasonable request.

Still have them tucked away somewhere, and the two above are the only ones I ever really look at every 5 years or so. Only actually played the game once, and it was for keeps, so very nerve-racking.

Ville Valo posted:

Those muscle men were awesome, and I had no idea where they were from. We had a colorful set of around half of them, and I used to play my own version of Mortal Kombat with them.