Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
thank god for the electronics flea market. spring is truly here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the weekend started at noon friday for me when the rents arrived

had lunch at a 100+ year old inn, absolutely insane grilled cheese, fresh conways on draft. hit up another micro downtown while we waited for the rents' hotel check in time. dinner was at the best fish fry in the city and it didn't disappoint, also i got to take home 1/2 pound of banging rear end mac n cheese. then wrapped the evening with a nice digestif and poo poo-talking at the recently re-opened and one of the nation's finest wine bars (i believe it was ranked 23 globally before it closed)

saturday started at lunch at my local micro which is always fantastic, had another grilled cheese ftw. then we visited the second-oldest micro in the region and it was very nice, although one of the main tvs was tuned into ChiveTV which was like loving overload tv and it was insanely distracting. went back for an afternoon nap then it was time for the big dinner reso and the newly ranked #1 place in town. the menu was daunting so we agreed to get the tasting menu. they warned us it was going to be a lot of food. like, a lot. how much food could it be?

three and a half hours later we wrapped up the 5th course and 14th plate. jesus gently caress. one of the plates was a whole-rear end corned leg of lamb. good god. i walked out of there nearly doubled over and we had two take-home bags. the vegetables we were served were out-of-this-world delicious, how the gently caress do carrots taste like that, service was cheeky as hell, fun ingredients, their slogan is 'midwest nice' and that's about how i'd describe it. cheesy potatoes with corn flakes. a giant loving french fry. beef cheek on roti. beets. cauliflower. malt cup dessert. i have never eaten that much in my entire life. another plate was a piece of pork belly the size of my forearm. we were one of the last ones to leave and i hobbled out of there, i assume it was the owner who held the door and said 'looks like you had enough to eat' and i could only say 'holy gently caress' and he laughed. we walked across the street to get some snifters to try and cut the last three and a half hours. it did not help

woke up sunday feeling like a sack of lead. i have never had a food hangover before. we went to brunch at our favorite brunch spot and moms and i split an egg sando which was very difficult to get down. i still do not want to think about eating and may not have dinner tonight. went back to my place and had celebratory cannoli then they were on their way. i caught up on pro wrestling and had a daytime beer or three then took a long nap and now here we are. i have reached the 'cant stop farting stage' of wherever we are now. rents got home safe

great weekend success imo

graph fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 11, 2024

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hell yeah graph

turns out i am ending this weekend sick with a sore throat and my lungs feel heavy and it hurts a lot to cough. hoping it’s not strep but pretty sure it’s just unspecified respiratory malady my wife started with a week ago

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
sore throat and lungs is also covidy so take care

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

fuckin time change

dioxazine posted:

should be illegal

dst is the stupidest thing in the entire world

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
e: the posting page is loving up

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

sore throat and lungs is also covidy so take care
tested negative today but will test again tomorrow yeah. ty

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk posted:

Spent too much time yesterday fighting with the dumb Cricut software but I think I have a good prototype here. Takes a single sheet of paper, writes a card, addresses it, then cuts it out so it can be folded over and mailed. If I give in and use adhesive to keep it together I can be done but I want to try seeing if I can cut out some tabs and just hold it together with the card itself. Any Apple box engineers in here have tips for me?

Watching the Beverly Hillbillies movie right now. Think next I’ll watch Brady Bunch. Then naps and games for the rest of the day.

Think I have this down. Going to crank out a few of these and see if they survive the mail.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

made some good progress on painting up minis:

i feel like i'm still super slow and i'm not happy with how the skin tones came out on a couple of them but i think i know what i can do differently next time. it's been a year since i painted the last batch of these - i need to make this a more regular thing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

graph posted:

dst is the stupidest thing in the entire world

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

the weekend, especially this one, is too drat short

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

we were robbed

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

graph posted:

great weekend success imo

phenomenal weekend update!

D&D went well then we got home and rewatched the new Mario movie for MAR10 and now Joe Bob Briggs hosting the movie Critters :)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I made another analog synth remix but I don't put those on youtube so here's my cohost

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
give me my loving hour back you son of a bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it’s 3a so I blew it today

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

actually wait no I’m in bed an hour earlier than normal

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I watched Interstellar and it was OK.

Anyway it's Monday and I'm at work :evilbuddy:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

weekend overflow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends, it is my most unfortunate responsibility to admit that the weekend has ended.

https://i.imgur.com/NfkiU9t.mp4

If you didn't get the chance to do everything you wanted to this weekend, there's only five lousy days until your next shot at greatness.

See you then.