Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
If you think Canadians are polite, you’ve clearly never met them in the hockey rink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I've been to a few NHL games and not run into a rude canadian.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Grey Cat posted:

I've been to a few NHL games and not run into a rude canadian.

When the bruins won the cup in 2011 Vancouver literally rioted

Conversely Boston was also a poo poo show and that was the most cops I've seen since the marathon bomber hunt (I was at the garden)- however i don't remember any stabbings

Nearly 150 people were injured during the incident, including four stabbings.[1] On the night of the riot, nearly 100 arrests were made by the Vancouver police, including 85 for breach of peace, eight for public intoxication, and only eight for criminal code offenses such as assault and theft. [6] In 2015, four years after the riot, police finished their investigation and recommended the final charges against two suspects, bringing the total to 887 charges against 301 people.[7] The riot did an estimated $4 million in damage, with an additional $5 million being spent on additional staffing costs for prosecuting the rioters

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

gently caress, I was in Victoria when that happened and on shift. Nowhere near, but also close by in a way so it was messed up watching it.

I remember the water polo player in high school who was identified, and apologized on TV. He stuffed rags in a police car gas tank and lit it up.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Folks just love the Bruins.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

well they're the best hockey team

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Can't spell Bruin without ruin :colbert:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Go Bs

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Can't spell Bruin without ruin :colbert:

Or Rangers without anger

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I remember the water polo player in high school who was identified, and apologized on TV. He stuffed rags in a police car gas tank and lit it up.

Wait what was he apologizing for?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

Or Rangers without anger

Or Kraken without Krak

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Wait what was he apologizing for?

Being a Canucks fan I assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObiwanSeanobi
Jun 30, 2023
With about twelve minutes left in 2011, I calmly got up and walked downstairs of my buddies house and shot pool by myself.

About a half hour later someone came down and told me to turn the TV on. I did, and it was helicopter footage of downtown Vancouver on fire.

I was on the island, in Nanaimo. When Canucks fans get painted with the lol riot poo poo, it kind of bugs me. We were all just very quiet and depressed over here.

That being said, I live in Victoria now and technically we're in the States if you don't count imaginary ocean lines. I've only been as far north as Fort St John and it's...kinda sad.