Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I'm enjoying the show but everything feels quite sudden and out of nowhere. Where is the huge episodes spanning arc? Bam episode 3 and Jean Grey is a clone, bam next episode RIP Gambit, next episode Professor X is alive! Etc

It's very much like the original, in that sense. Edit: The longest arc it had was 5 episodes, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We're all used to Surf Dracula bullshit and comics have been doing that even longer, it throws us to see actual poo poo happening without hours of faffing about

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Rubber Chicken posted:

What if your power was being really good at talking about emotions

These are the ideas Greek tragedy explores

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

:lol: This is my first encounter with Surf Dracula and wow, that's accurate.

I swear some 90's comics had to do something major every issue. Introduce a new character, kill a character, revive a character, etc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vegetable posted:

Pretty lol that they spend so much time setting up a big rear end galactic trial for Professor X only for him to nope the gently caress out at the last moment and be all “nooo my x-men” (episode 6 spoilers)

I love that it basically had Charles decide to turn the tables and give both friends and enemies a literal lesson in Imperialism 101 before rage quitting. Funny thing is, the Empress's crazy sister is right about at least one thing that his loyalties are clearly divided, and as long as he has ties to Earth and his students he isn't fit to be part of ruling a space empire.

Also lol that Gladiator is so very clearly Superman, even having similar animation and mannerisms to a lot of depictions of Superman in how he uses his powers.
The whole space empire angle is interesting, since both blatantly and subtly they're clear about the contradictions and questionable morality of the whole affair, and how the romantic angle (in a few senses) blinds both the characters and audience to them until they come to a head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also lol that Gladiator is so very clearly Superman, even having similar animation and mannerisms to a lot of depictions of Superman in how he uses his powers.
The whole space empire angle is interesting, since both blatantly and subtly they're clear about the contradictions and questionable morality of the whole affair, and how the romantic angle (in a few senses) blinds both the characters and audience to them until they come to a head.

Technically Superboy, all the Royal guard members are based on Legion characters