Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

3 DONG HORSE posted:

1.12 JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
3.76 Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Missouri

So for Broncos, I think realistically there's like a 99% chance of a trade in some direction so I don't think I could've nailed the draft this year due to the thread rules (not complaining, mind you!). As a result, I just did what I thought Sean would do if the Broncos couldn't trade. Thus, with JJ falling into our lap, that was a no brainer. Would've been happy with Bo but didn't want to reach so much to get him. Seeing him go in the 2nd at 44 kinda justifies my decision. After that I just filled the gaping blackhole of a corner slot across from Sutton. I felt that was a priority compared to other defensive roles. I think if I had time to pick in the 4th, I'd probably go for defense again but I was also considering offensive BPA. I wasn't sure just yet because I wanted to see who was available closer to the pick before deciding.

Thanks for running this, ShakeZula! It was fun, as always.

e: for the record, I am seeing mocks where Bo is picked at 12 but I think it's possible to get him with a trade down so I'm hoping to see something like that happen, especially if it leads to a 2nd rounder.

I think bo is either available early 2nd or available late first so the broncos could trade down and still get him. Don't know who would select him after the raiders and before the Vikings 2nd pick (if the Vikings went Murphy or something at 11 instead of qb)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Anyone get sniped? No Butt Stuff grabbed Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale right before I was going to draft him.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I famously sniped Terrion Arnold from the Jags, and I've never felt more alive

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I got sniped by Relentlessboredom. I was going to select Malik Washington for the Falcons.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Thanks ShakeZula for running this thing and giving me an assist in round 3.

Olu Fanashu
Bo Nix
Khyree Jackson
Zak Zinter

That's a pretty solid haul for the Raiders which means that a random internet guy who doesn't even watch college football can draft better than people getting paid disgusting sums of money to do so.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

ShakeZula ty.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Anderson Koopa posted:

Anyone get sniped? No Butt Stuff grabbed Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale right before I was going to draft him.

Was surprised he made it that far.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Thank you ShakeZula! Pack Nation appreciates you and offers you a gallon of cheese.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
If either Braswell or Robinson had made it to 40 (the 2nd of Washington's 2nd rounders) I was taking them but they both got snatched in the preceding picks

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Thank you ShakeZula! Pack Nation appreciates you and offers you a gallon of cheese.

At long last, my work has paid off

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I salute ShakeZula

F

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I almost nailed Minnesota's first round. Atlanta's unsolicited Penix pick messed it up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Darth Brooks posted:

I almost nailed Minnesota's first round. Atlanta's unsolicited Penix pick messed it up.

It's somewhat fun to compare how your picks turned out compared to how the actual draft went. Not in terms of which team but in terms of position. Personally I lost about 11 spots by taking Nate Wiggins at 19, but then gained them all back and then some by taking Legette at 52 when he actually went 32. Therefore I am plus 9.

Later on in the draft it's much easier to gain or lose huge amounts. This is totally pointless since players being taken early or late has no bearing on how good they'll be, but I enjoy it for something to do.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So far I'm good on position but not player. Let's see how day 2 pans out! And I'm intrigued to see if the Broncos go with what I was gonna do for the 3rd and 4th rounder.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Play posted:

It's somewhat fun to compare how your picks turned out compared to how the actual draft went. Not in terms of which team but in terms of position. Personally I lost about 11 spots by taking Nate Wiggins at 19, but then gained them all back and then some by taking Legette at 52 when he actually went 32. Therefore I am plus 9.

Later on in the draft it's much easier to gain or lose huge amounts. This is totally pointless since players being taken early or late has no bearing on how good they'll be, but I enjoy it for something to do.

I picked MHJ with the 3rd overall pick and he went 4th.

I picked T'Vondre Sweat with the 34th pick and he went 38th.

My next pick was Jonathan Brooks at #68. He was taken with pick #46.

My 4th round pick was Joe Milton, I have a feeling that I reached here but overall a solid class.

If nothing else it makes me feel better about my attempt to go BPA.

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 27, 2024

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Ravens have now picked their top 4, and didn't do any trades, so I can compare.

My picks:
1 (30): JC Latham (real draft: 7)
2 (62): Max Melton (real draft: 43)
3 (93): Brandon Dorlus (real draft: 109)
4 (113): Javon Baker (real draft: 110)

The picks by the "professionals" who "actually" make decisions for the Ravens:
1 (30): Nate Wiggins (goon draft: 19)
2 (62): Roger Rosengarten (goon draft: 107)
3 (93): Adisa Isaac (goon draft: 43)
4 (113): Devontez Walker (goon draft: 70)

So my only pick that the Ravens passed on is Brandon Dorlus; the Ravens' only pick that I passed on was Roger Rosengarten.

I had flagged guards and tackles-who-might-play-guard for the Ravens as they are thin at RT and guard; Latham was of course easy, but earlier I had considered Cooper Beebe, Fautanu, Mims and Suamataia; Rosengarten projects as a RT according to the beast so he makes sense for them. I hadn't gotten to the second round graded tackle prospects yet when Latham fell, so I switched to scouting corners and liked Melton as a complimentary corner to Humphrey.

Meanwhile the real Ravens, without the obvious Latham pick available, took what both Brugler and the goon draft considered to be CB3, which makes sense as 9 O-linemen had been taken beforehand.

Dorlus to me seemed like a decent 3-4 DE that would fit with the rest of the Ravens roster and compete with Broderick Washington, a $4m/year vet, for the starting role; they would keep their current young OLBs in this scenario. But they took Isaac instead as more of an OLB; at pick 93 he looks like a bargain, and he also has an opportunity to compete with the incumbents.

All in all I feel like I RP'd the Ravens pretty well, and I would endorse their real world picks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

So I was right about grabbing Kris-Abrams but I was way off on where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

browns

me
54. braden fiske (went 39th overall)
85. christian mahogany (never drafted ever in his life)

real
54. michael hall jr.
85. zak zinter

i could have taken zinter and thought about it but decided not to change my decision solely based on the knowledge of people like daltos. big mistake