Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I'm only disappointed that Ryan and Mikey aren't doing the Beavis and Butthead voices.

(And based on her laughing, I think that's the first time Heidi's seen Mikey in the full Butthead costume.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Heidi crack this hard before.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Ok....this Beavis and Butthead skit is really funny.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DaveWoo posted:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Heidi crack this hard before.
Heh, you said "crack".

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I love weekend update and its two jokes

Colin is racist and Che, he hates women

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
"Sea-metary". Oof. :cripes:

Edit: Okay, that Caitlin Clark bit was good. (Even though Che probably wrote those jokes himself.)

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 14, 2024

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

Colin is racist and Che, he hates women

They both all in love with Texas
They were doin' it in dyin'

(I haven't watched the episode yet, but my arachnido-sense told me to look for an opportunity to make people not laugh.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was genuinely surprised in a positive way for the first Stapleton track, but this second one is exactly what I was expecting. Yawn. But man, what an episode and hopefully a good old weird one to end it with.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Holy poo poo we're advertising cut for times now

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is that the first time they've ever promoted a cut for time sketch like that? I don't remember seeing them do that before.

pwn
May 27, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Is that the first time they've ever promoted a cut for time sketch like that? I don't remember seeing them do that before.

Yeah that's a first

pwn
May 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wonder if a boring political opener was tossed at last minute for this. I approve.

Yeah, Jon Schneider on the Hot Takes Show just said the cold open in dress was some political game show.

Personally I do not understand why bring this back after her perfect sendoff. Less than 2 years ago no less. I don't like it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Oops, all breaking!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

tarlibone posted:

They both all in love with Texas
They were doin' it in dyin'

(I haven't watched the episode yet, but my arachnido-sense told me to look for an opportunity to make people not laugh.)

much like Che and Joost.

Honestly, they need to be ousted as head writers. They're just so boring.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8PdffUfoF0

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

pwn posted:

Yeah, Jon Schneider on the Hot Takes Show just said the cold open in dress was some political game show.

Personally I do not understand why bring this back after her perfect sendoff. Less than 2 years ago no less. I don't like it.

Considering political cold opens are the absolute worst thing SNL ever produces, I cannot imagine ever being upset at an alternative. They could replace their softball politics cold openers with 3 minutes of a noise that makes your eyes and ears bleed and it would still be an improvement.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I love this skit. I was laughing a ton last night. Probably the best episode since Pedro Pascal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86qKgK0asGo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why was Caitlyn Clark wearing a ln all-black Nebraska letter jacket?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Silly Burrito posted:

I love this skit. I was laughing a ton last night.
It was definitely notable, but it's also substantially a retread of this 2018 sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQsEA5tLd4

The Beavis & Butthead version didn't seem to have many "jokes" other than the cast's reactions. Or maybe it was just hard to understand the jokes through the cast's breaking.

Also, for YouTube watchers, it was heavily spoiled by the title/thumbnail.

overall though a great night though

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 15, 2024

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I was cracking up the entire show last night and I was dying during the beavis and butthead skit crying laughing when Heidi Gardner lost her poo poo completely. My fave episode of SNL in a very long time!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

To save everyone else the trouble, the wingdings at the end say "The Way Of Steven", or it should but the sigma doesn't actually seem to be in classic wingdings.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Sivart13 posted:

It was definitely notable, but it's also substantially a retread of this 2018 sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQsEA5tLd4

They even brought the same guy back (yes, probably a crew member).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like how the guys breaking character as Beavis & Butthead were effectively still in character.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

mcbexx posted:

They even brought the same guy back (yes, probably a crew member).

That poor guy was having to dig deep to not crack up too

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Gotta say I'm loving starting the week with a new episode of the The Lonely Island and Seth Meyers Podcast

the Lonely Island guys were college faves of mine and there's a lot of fun behind the scenes chat

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They mention a werewolf sketch, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know which episode so I can look it up on Peacock?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember asking an aunt what LMBO meant when I was a kid and she explained it, which lead to her showing me The Lonely Island video from the desktop and something else that wasn't nearly as funny. Downloaded and watched everything else they had at the time. When I saw first them in Hot Rod or SNL, I was like oh that's those funny guys my aunt really likes. Cool to see them go all the way from QuickTime videos on a website to audio files on a website.

I can see them being fun as a podcast together despite Seth being there.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight's Vintage is RuPaul and Biebs from S44, February 8 2020. Good show!

Sorry for being tardy last week. Here are the vids and photos I should have posted, for posterity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPQv6lLw5ho

(Wednesday promo already nuked. I'll have to upload my own later.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwqICPi0qsU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If People's Joker is playing anywhere near you, you owe it to yourself to go. SNL and Lorne Michael's play a role in the movie and it was way funnier than 99% of SNL Sucks jokes I've ever heard. A real funny movie with a heartfelt coming of age at its core but also a visual delight and spectacle and effective use of parody. Plus genuinely the best use of Batman IP in decades, really refreshing among a sea of superhero movies where maybe 3 of them total aren't exactly the same exact thing.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight's Vintage is Kim Kardashian West and Halsey from when that aired a couple years ago. Oh joy

October 9 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In related news, Colin Jost is headlining the White House Correspondents' Dinner tonight.

You can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umHtnyDAkjc