Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Xelkelvos posted:

I didn't think of that interpretation. I assumed it was a mushroom growing on her butt just to poo poo on her a bit more on this ep. Just absolutely no respect for her.

poor akira.

my favorite gag this episode is when reimi blames akira for being a restless sleeper and we clearly saw reimi rolling around like 5 minutes earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

And the train line: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seibu_Ikebukuro_Line
Out heroines started all the way at the other end of the line.

Turns out that Hermit's Map is pretty spot on. It's pretty obvious not after a pile of stops that Circles are places without people (or people one can talk with). Squares have people one can actually talk with. I assume we're going to learn about Diamonds next episode.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's starting to look a lot more plausible that they could make it to Ikebukuro by the end of the series

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

that ending hook caught me by surprise too. didn't expect any of them to start turning into animals since i thought it was only after 21 years and 3 months it happened? unless i'm misinterpreting what's happening to Akira
whelp

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Anyway Mizushima said the weird stuff is coming next episode on so get on board
also whelp

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay I had a big chuckle at Akira's study tips to Reimi. Good to see the comedy in between just some real weird stuff

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Turns out that Hermit's Map is pretty spot on. It's pretty obvious not after a pile of stops that Circles are places without people (or people one can talk with). Squares have people one can actually talk with. I assume we're going to learn about Diamonds next episode.

Well episode 4 certainly ended on the diamond. I'm not entirely sure how it's different from the squares though. But the circle just before it was certainly them driving through the ocean of internal organs, and the square before that was where everyone was turned into statues. And yeah, there is a military base of sorts in that area.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This episode was just the perfect mix of weird, some good comedy moments, some moments of just sheer terror, and moments that were all three at once. Like The half human goats ramming the train and the screaming vegetables. Just great stuff

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
In a tradition many series have been doing, there is now a mini-anime for the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGTuIb-8-l0

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

high on shroom pull akira is great

what a wonderfully weird, creative show

e: also absolutely looking forward to the climactic anteater jiu-jitsu match

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 24, 2024

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I am excited to see more hosed up locales. They are really doing great work with all of the weird stops in this show

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1784390601078882553

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This show is extremely loving charming.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nielsm posted:

Well episode 4 certainly ended on the diamond. I'm not entirely sure how it's different from the squares though. But the circle just before it was certainly them driving through the ocean of internal organs, and the square before that was where everyone was turned into statues. And yeah, there is a military base of sorts in that area.

my best guess now after ep 5: people related to the 5G incident, i would assume Zenjiro's role is unknown and Youka's location is too so hence first and last stops being just squares

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there really a martial art where you just try and whack someone with your bow?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Archery competition shows that Mizushima gets sports at primal level lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
I want to learn that style of archery