Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Guess who is also opposed to it, the players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Frankston posted:

Jim Ratcliffe wants to sell the whole Man Utd squad lmao

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ce96wzkgzpgo

he's right

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

Frankston posted:

Didn't he literally only just buy 25% of it?

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Part of the deal was that he's in charge of 'sporting operations'

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

tilp posted:

Didn't he literally only just buy 25% of it?

that's why he wants to sell 75% of the squad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Leicester won the Championship so they'll be back in the Premier League next year

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Can't wait to see how many points negative they start the season.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/30/everton-call-in-insolvency-restructuring-advisers-777-takeover-doubt

is this good

quote:

Everton are calling in a leading firm of restructuring and insolvency advisers, the Guardian understands, raising further questions about the proposed takeover of the Premier League club by 777 Partners.

The move comes as the club are believed to still be waiting for a further £15m of loans that 777 had pledged to provide Everton with during April, according to one 777 source.

The latest loan would have taken the amount the club had borrowed from the American firm to more than £200m during the seven months since it was announced it would acquire Everton.

However, 777 appears to be experiencing further financial difficulties, with its low-cost airline Bonza entering voluntary administration in Australia on Tuesday. Meanwhile, 777 Partners is understood to have parted company with its UK PR advisers after falling behind on paying its fees.

The developments raise further questions regarding whether 777 will be able to complete its takeover of Everton – and how the club will be funded until the end of the season.

When companies fall into financial difficulties, directors are required to take professional advice and closely monitor a business’s finances to ensure that they are not trading while insolvent.

The Guardian understands that Teneo – a global financial advisory firm with a large insolvency division – has been approached to advise Everton and its directors.

When asked on Monday about the firm advising Everton, Daniel Butters, Teneo’s chief executive of financial advisory, said: “We don’t comment on any client situations.” The phone line then went dead.

Everton declined to comment.

The developments also raise questions about how long the Everton owner, Farhad Moshiri, can retain control of the club, only a month after assuring fans that 777’s takeover was entering the “home straight”.

Another set of Everton creditors – MSP and its partners, the Evertonian businessmen Andy Bell and George Downing – has loaned the club about £160m, which is secured over the new stadium development at Bramley-Moore Dock, as well as a charge over more than half of Moshiri’s 94% stake in the club, according to corporate documents filed in the Isle of Man. That consortium could use its security to take control of the club.

777 did not respond to efforts to contact the company.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Everton are insolvent then how many points will Forest be docked?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://josimarfootball.com/2024/04/30/kind-of-blue/

is THIS good

quote:

And despite reports to the contrary, the most recent tranche of this funding for Everton, understood to be around 20 million pounds, did not arrive as promised last week. That was an issue for Everton, who needed it to make payroll and pay Laing O’Rourke the next instalment of the build costs for the club’s new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.

Josimar has been told by two independent sources with knowledge of the process that Laing’s money was due last Friday, while a deadline for the money needed to make payroll was extended to Tuesday 30 April.

Despite promises from both 777 Partners and A-CAP that the money would arrive by close of play on Monday, it did not. Those familiar with the many accusations of missed deadlines, late payments and broken promises which have dogged 777 Partners in recent years may recognise a pattern here.

In the absence of the 20 million pounds, Everton were forced to use their own cash, held in the company’s bank account, to cover the 11 million pounds needed to make payroll this month. It is unclear if the club has sufficient funding in addition to this to cover the payment due to Laing. Failing to make payroll has potentially severe consequences for a Premier League club and would attract the attention of the authorities.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

it's good that Jozy is still getting work

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Going to start a rumour that Liverpool would make an offer for the stadium if Everton can't finish it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Haaland is becoming a character in a pay-to-win game

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Thanks Ants posted:

The premier league is already a pay to win game *snort*

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
*insufferable smug voice* let me tell you of this grand concept called 'capitalism...'

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Frankston posted:

Rashford would be a great Mbappé replacement at PSG imho.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rashford is on like 4 Januzaj's a week so PSG are likely the only team that could meet his wage demands

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

We're about to get the most rapid points deduction of all time

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

as a finance professional I can confirm that ideally you don't want the company you're relying on to stop you from going insolvent to also be insolvent

not sure whether it's better to go into administration now and stay out of the bottom three, or wait until next season and try and get a smaller negative number than leicester, forest and city

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Thanks Ants posted:

This is just a Shrek recolour

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
werner and ben davies are now out for the season leaving spurs with no fit actual left backs so i guess i'll see you guys in the conference league next season

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Was the boot into the bollocks what did it or did he get a knock somewhere else?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
calf injury apparently but yeah i wouldn't fancy running for a couple days after getting crown jewelled

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

werner and ben davies are now out for the season leaving spurs with no fit actual left backs so i guess i'll see you guys in the conference league next season

Could be worse.

Shaw: 12 starts
Reguilon: 4 starts
Malacia: 0 starts

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Could be worse.

Shaw: 12 starts
Reguilon: 4 starts
Malacia: 0 starts

Brandon Williams - 0 starts, injured on loan

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so many loving injuries this season its insane they're allowed to do whjat they do in pre-season. surely it makes a tiny amoutn of their overall money

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

so many loving injuries this season its insane they're allowed to do whjat they do in pre-season. surely it makes a tiny amoutn of their overall money

what we need is more stoppage time

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

I read recently that Man City would be open to selling Grealish as well. Could it be that the current crop of Englands starting 11 are...........
.....actually shite?

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Bogan Krkic posted:

Thanks Ants posted:

This is just a Shrek recolour
Right, but what do you think of the Clash of Clans character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Looking forward to some more insane transfer valuations following the Euros