Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's the business end of the season and we have an actual irl title race for the first time in ages.

One of the top three will pull away at some point but who will it be?

Arsenal
Aston Villa (H)
Wolves (A)
Chelsea (H)
Spurs (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Man United (A)
Everton (H)

Liverpool
Crystal Palace (H)
Fulham (A)
Everton(A)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Wolves (H)

Man City
Luton (H)
Brighton (A)
Notts Forest (A)
Wolves (H)
Fulham (A)
West Ham (H)
Spurs (A) (TBC)

Would say City have the easiest run-in but all 3 teams are still in Europe and City are still in the FA Cup so fixture pile-up could have an effect.

Spurs and Villa will fight between each other for the Top 4 Do They Get A Trophy For That Trophy.

Down the other end any one of about 7 teams could still get relegated. Sheffield United are just happy to be here at this point but Burnley could pull off a great escape or get saved by another round of points deductions.

This month's thread is dedicated to one of the all-time greats:

quote:

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a oval office.

SB Thank you.

JK Which one is Hickman [Niall, football writer for the Express]? You are out of order. Absolutely loving out of order. If you do it again, I am telling you you can gently caress off and go to another ground. I will not come and stand for that loving crap. No loving way, lies. gently caress, you're saying I turned up and they [Newcastle's players] hosed off.

SB No Joe, have you read it, it doesn't actually say that. Have you read it?

JK I've loving read it, I've read it.

SB It doesn't say that. Have you read it?

JK You are trying to loving undermine my position already.

SB Have you read it, it doesn't say that. I knew you knew they were having a day off.

JK gently caress off. gently caress off. It's your last loving chance.

SB You read the copy? It doesn't say that you didn't know.

JK What about the headline, you think that's a good headline?

SB I didn't write the headline, you read the copy.

JK You are negative bastards, the pair of you.

SB So if I get a new job next week would I take the first day off? No I wouldn't. If I get a new job should I call my boss and tell him I am taking the first day off?

JK It is none of your loving business. What the gently caress are you going to do? You ain't got the balls to be a loving manager. loving day off. Do I want your opinion. Do I have to listen to you?

SB No, you can listen to who you want.

JK I had a 24-hour meeting with the entire staff.

SB Joe, you are only here six weeks, you could have done that on Sunday, or Saturday night.

JK No, no, no. I didn't want to do it. I had some other things to do.

SB What? More important things?

JK What are you? My personal secretary? gently caress off.

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
How do City have six fixtures with seven games left

the sex ghost in shambles

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

puchu posted:

How do City have six fixtures with seven games left

the sex ghost in shambles

This is what happens when you go to the official Premier league fixture list and they just don't show you postponed games to be rescheduled

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

As an Arsenal supporter I’m looking at that fixture list and feeling this is gonna be a poo poo couple of weeks. City are almost sure to sweep all 21 points.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just want the title race to go down to the final day with a 3-way split screen of each match interspersed with fans in the stands listening on portable radios in 2024

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Vegetable posted:

As an Arsenal supporter I’m looking at that fixture list and feeling this is gonna be a poo poo couple of weeks. City are almost sure to sweep all 21 points.

What if they lose to Luton though and it rattles them so hard that they drop out of every competition they are in?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

More likely that happening than anything from all those charges.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Just want the title race to go down to the final day with a 3-way split screen of each match interspersed with fans in the stands listening on portable radios in 2024

more than one helicopter in the air on the final day to deliver a trophy...

what a world

also Arsenal being good again :psyduck:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

also Arsenal being good again :psyduck:

Don't say it too loud, the football gods will hear you

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

everton are going to get themselves in precisely enough danger to need a win on the last day, :rip: to arsenal

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

I think whoever wins the title needs to win 6 of the remaining 7 games. Which is pretty wild to think about lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

the sex ghost posted:

Play all 3 matches on the same pitch at the same time.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Play all 3 matches on the same pitch at the same time.

Finally the orange ball will get some usage

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Finally the orange ball will get some usage

I want to make this someone's nickname.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
rip Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle press officer tried to tell all those journalists they couldn't report on your incredible press conference and you immediately responded that yes they could

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Everton have been deducted another two points

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm glad the OP proved to be instantly correct. Well done to the Luton fan who works at premier league HQ

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

lol, lmao

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Thanks Ants posted:

They're probably still too good to make the relegation places a real contest this year, but a penalty of some kind does seem deserved. Everton have been so recklessly run over the past decade. 2 points isn't going to have much of an impact.

EDIT: Am I right that there is no standard table of points deductions? RAWK and other online places are rife with posts about how this is all leading up to some joke of a penalty (if any) for City and I have to admit that's what I'm anticipating too. Everything seems so arbitrary.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 8, 2024

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Those consequences for Man City are coming in any day now

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
those financial crimes were worth a whole 2/3 of a win, this makes perfect sense and does not require any elaboration

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Doing financial crimes so incompetently that the FA rule that it only converted one draw into a win

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Financial crimes so heinous that they are punished identically to conceding a late equaliser

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Bernie Madoff wishing he was prosecuted by the FA

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Actually it's completely legitimate to have your shirt sponsor be a state-owned company that is the same state that owns the majority of the shares in your club.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Those consequences for Man City are coming in any day now

They will be deducted 70,000 points or zero and either will be funny

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Man Citys punishment has been delayed because Ceefax ran out of digits for the points penalty.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wazzerphuk posted:

Financial crimes so heinous that they are punished identically to conceding a late equaliser

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Taking over the Opta supercomputer to see what happens if you drop City off in the Vanarama league

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Its kinda lame there are no games left between the contending clubs, but it is funny the title might come down to which teams fucks up the least vs Spurs

just not City, pls

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I agree, City to gently caress up the least Vs Spurs pls

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Its kinda lame there are no games left between the contending clubs, but it is funny the title might come down to which teams fucks up the least vs Spurs

just not City, pls

My posting friend, a U15 team could win a "don't gently caress up against Spurs" competition against City

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
City’s fixtures for a title run in are a complete joke. Looking at that list and pinning your hopes on Forest (A) honestly looking like their trickiest fixture, in terms of being a side that’s fighting at a fairly hostile ground.

Also lol at the latest in financial crimes news. A really stable league that’s fully in control.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Wazzerphuk posted:

I think Chelsea could argue for time served at this point

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

What's going to happen is City's going to be found guilty and the punishment will, somehow, to be penalising Everton another 10 points.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I think Chelsea could argue for time served at this point

M'lud, their only crime is being Chelsea Football Club, that is also their punishment.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dudley posted:

What's going to happen is City's going to be found guilty and the punishment will, somehow, to be penalising Everton another 10 points.

Weirdly I’m totally fine with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

the sex ghost posted:

There's already been talk of deductions being changed to a fine, I'm sure this is in advance of them not punishing city.

City aren't going to drop points and spurs are going to lose 10-0 to boost their goal difference