Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

no that was jonny. i tried to do it once and realized i do not have enough free time or energy to make that much ANSI art, and i am NOT using the default mysticBBS art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

The Management posted:

io_uring is such a massive clusterfuck of terrible design and implementation that, while the concept is valid, the actual result is fully garbage.

why?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

eschaton posted:

should I set up the YOSVAX?

I could set up the YOSVAX

the NOTES discussion conference system is pretty cool

yes i'm probably not going to do all of the emulator stuff any time soon (but thanks for posting it, i actually might someday)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lol weird. my laptop's CPU (x86_pkg_temp thermal zone) keeps reporting its temperature as suddenly spiking to 70+C, even though it very much isnt anywhere near that hot

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
your computer is trying to unalive itself

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

havent changed it TOO much from the default config but i think i got conky looking alright

the text doesnt blend in that much with the background on the actual laptop

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
why do you have news headlines if it cuts off what most of them are actually about

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Beeftweeter posted:

why do you have news headlines if it cuts off what most of them are actually about

eh you get the gist. if i made it any wider it'd look terrible. maybe i can find a way to make the font smaller for just the headlines or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hbag posted:

eh you get the gist. if i made it any wider it'd look terrible. maybe i can find a way to make the font smaller for just the headlines or something

did you find a way to do it