Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hunh, so that's where Wayne Gretzky went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
:lmao:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Loden Taylor posted:

The only thing that would come close would be VR because the eclipse itself looks pretty much exactly like the pictures. The mind blowing bit is standing someplace and actually seeing that ring of light hanging in the sky while your brain is nagging you that something's off because all your life the only things that big you've seen up there are the sun and the moon, and that thing doesn't look like either one of those.

I didn't think I could find a real use case for VR until this. I would love one that simulates totality, the southern sunset and the stars and planets coming out. Imagine a video game where tidal locking made a spot on a planet in totality all of the time and how eerie it would be and what people would build in that zone.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You guys gotta see the video.

Just a reminder. :maga:

https://twitter.com/UNTLDent/status/1777752679734706252

edit: hmm, link isn't embedding, not sure why

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 11, 2024

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just a reminder. :nws: :maga:

Fuckin :lmao:

E: :balldo:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
:lol:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It should be slowed down and put to the 2001 Space Odyssey theme.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Just a reminder. :nws: :maga:

Including the :nws: smiley disables embeds.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Knormal posted:

Including the :nws: smiley disables embeds.

Woah, you're right. So if you have the nws smiley anywhere in your post it just disables the embed? Is that a bug? That's actually pretty dumb if it was done on purpose.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I think it was done on purpose so NWS embeds don't load for people who don't want to see them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah but if I have a 10 page effort post about a bunch of stuff and post 20 links in it but I label the last one as possible NWS then it disables all embeds?

That's just dumb.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Yeah but if I have a 10 page effort post about a bunch of stuff and post 20 links in it but I label the last one as possible NWS then it disables all embeds?

That's just dumb.

it disables automatic embedding. pretty sure you can still embed manually with [img] and [video] tags, though there's no bbcode for tweets.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sometimes you just gotta post some dude’s nuts.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It was incredible, and if you somehow missed it, well that’s a clear sign your dreams will never come true and you’ll probably never get sober, but you definitely won’t ever be happy. It was totally ducky, boss, and the bee’s-knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Oldschool Conspiracy Theorists: The moon landing was faked
Newschool attempted trolls: Pfft, you believe in the moon?
Q: No

flat earth Qers dont understand how shadows and objects work.

or maybe I dont get what point its even trying to make?? like classic four panel setups have the text placed in its appropriate panel not just dumped into the middle