Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

I'm in the PATH OF TOTALITY so this may be my last day of posting, not real sure what that means but it sounds bad

Vermont is currently more-than-usually full of out of state plates and people are charging up to $1000 for parking spaces with "good views".

Prick your fingat it is done the moon has now eclipsed the sun

edit: okay that's a lot less than 5%, landmass wise.

e: wow first GBS thread in like six years and i hosed the tag up. awesome

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
It's ok to look directly at the sun as long as you squint and keep it short

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
yea the lack of DC coverage means we don't get to see Biden doing this poo poo which is a shame

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

If you find yourself paying $1000 for a parking spot, please go home, because you are stupid.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sadly I won’t be able to see it

Thankfully I don’t live in a shithole like Dallas or Cleveland

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Fuckstick posted:

If you find yourself paying $1000 for a parking spot, please go home, because you are stupid.

I want stupid people to come leave their money with locals, good with me

better than having it siphoned off by Vail Resorts Inc or w/e

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The radio station I listen to does a morning request game. This morning it was all eclipse songs. I got in at the end with "No Rain" by Blind Melon.

My co-workers in Chicago wanted to schedule a meeting during the eclipse hour, I'm like no, that's not happening. You can wait.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So nothern hemisphere people, if any crazy end of world bullshit starts happening during the eclipse could you try and send out a quick heads up to everyone else before dying of whatever end of world stuff, thxs!

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I'm maybe a 45-60 minute drive from 100% totality but I have to fucken work. Stupid moon couldn't have waited a day. I'll still stop whatever I'm doing to maybe see what 99.5% looks like I guess.

dr_rat posted:

So nothern hemisphere people, if any crazy end of world bullshit starts happening during the eclipse could you try and send out a quick heads up to everyone else before dying of whatever end of world stuff, thxs!

Quite the opposite friend. The great solar eclipse of 2024 will obliterate the state of Ohio, ushering in a new era of peace and prosperity for these 49 United States.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 8, 2024

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cabbages and Kings posted:

e: wow first GBS thread in like six years and i hosed the tag up. awesome

i fixed it for u op

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
when the last you saw an eclipse
smoke something drink something get ripped

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thinking to take my family about an hr south to get into the path of totality. unfortunately looks like its going to be cloudy but forecast atm says it may break right at 2 or 3 pm which would be perfect timing

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

During the last eclipse a goon was hanging out on an inner tube drinking beers in a pool

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thinking to take my family about an hr south to get into the path of totality. unfortunately looks like its going to be cloudy but forecast atm says it may break right at 2 or 3 pm which would be perfect timing

Do it

I mean you should have planned this last week but still

Going to watch from my backyard. Wish I had a boat to go out on the lake, but I bet lots of folks have that plan

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My boss brought in some dumb eclipse glasses so I guess I'm going outside to the parking lot later with the entire office to gawk at a partial eclipse

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

somebody explain what 80% coverage looks like

i am not smart please use terms i can understand

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
When I was 7 years old I learned about solar eclipses and that they could be predicted pretty much forever. I looked in my trusty World Book Encyclopedia for when the next one would pass over Arkansas. 2024! I was going to be so old. :corsair:

So I've been waiting a long time for this. I drove six hours each way to see the 2017 eclipse (totally worth it) but this time I only have to step out my front door to watch the whole thing.

And the sky is perfect

vortmax fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 8, 2024

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

It is 10:00 AM where I am and there is not a single trace of clear blue sky right now

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

EorayMel posted:

It is 10:00 AM where I am and there is not a single trace of clear blue sky right now

:thanks: make siure you keep us up to date

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LaserPrinter69 posted:

It's ok to look directly at the sun as long as you squint and keep it short

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hearing news that this is a reverse eclipse, the moon actually concentrates the sunlight like a giant magnifying glass into a big rear end death beam. Inshallah America will finally be bisected by the beam and free from florida.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

EorayMel posted:

9:03 here in TX and vis is 2 miles

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost
and yet people are saying we need more solar power. makes you think

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hearing news that this is a reverse eclipse, the moon actually concentrates the sunlight like a giant magnifying glass into a big rear end death beam.

Yeah, that one goon's city already declared a state of emergency like a week ago

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Have fun, I'm absolutely nowhere near it.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
anyone else gonna moon the moon as it passes betwixt us and the sun?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
im gonna stare at the sun and gain the superpower of blindness

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s only the blind who truly see.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i fixed it for u op

Thank you good person

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

If you’re dropping acid for this in the NE you should probably dose now or soon.

I’m going to play “And the day turned to night” by Shpongle during the totality, which is stereotypical but as deep into psychedelia as I can get today.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Serious question, can you just wear normal sunglasses to look at this or do you need those special eclipse ones I didn’t get

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lt. Cock posted:

Serious question, can you just wear normal sunglasses to look at this or do you need those special eclipse ones I didn’t get

you can look with the naked eye during totality, but you need full solar protection during partial

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I'm pretty much at the edge of being able to possibly view any of the eclipse at all. Hopefully there's still something.

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
It's (mostly) a no-go from where I am, it seems? I googled "next eclipse visible from Oregon" and it told me 2023 :v:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Lt. Cock posted:

you should actually use binoculars, stare right at it

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

An anime reference

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
NASA stream if you're not in the path or a filthy foreigner like me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j95RUSLd8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Got some nerds setting up next to me in Arkansas.

(They’re cool though)