Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
There is slender men here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

SA goons are not slender men by any stretch of the imagination

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

lol I could lose a few pounds

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i am a slender man, don't tell the times tho i dont want to talk to them

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Slender-Man should have been the branding for diet Hungry-Man products

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Why does slenderman wear a suit does he have a job

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

lol I could lose a few pounds

I'll trade you, I need a few.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

dervival posted:

does the internet even have corners anymore, much less dark ones? i thought "rounded edges" have been the norm for website design for a while now
rounded corners have been forbidden in web design for at least 10 years dude.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

I'll trade you, I need a few.

lets meet in the woods.

ps. bring some knife

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Poohs Packin posted:

Why does slenderman wear a suit does he have a job
Cutco salesman I think.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Wait, Slenderman owns a mansion in the woods?

In this economy??

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Slenderman is the 1% and kids are murdering their friends for tiktok stories and a chance to join him, it's doggy dog capitalism at its worst smdh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Slenderman's getting a bit pudgy these days.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Bad Purchase posted:

notice how they don’t tell you how many deaths the nyt is directly responsible for, i wonder why that might be

how many deaths is it responsible for?

syntaxfunction posted:

Turns out he was one of those "if enough people believe it then it becomes real" people lol

what, like "if enough people believe it then it will really have effects in society"? or literally "if enough people believe it then slenderman will really materialise in the woods and start stealing children"? like the gods in terry pratchett

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

redshirt posted:

Slenderman's getting a bit pudgy these days.

he hit middle age the same way goons did. now instead of standing he sits in an armchair menacingly and instead of telling kids to stab their friends he tells them music was way better 20 years ago when he was young.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Hammerite posted:

what, like "if enough people believe it then it will really have effects in society"? or literally "if enough people believe it then slenderman will really materialise in the woods and start stealing children"? like the gods in terry pratchett

The second one, there's like some loving name nerds have adopted for the idea, like chalupa, but not as delicious. He was a weird loving dude and that wasn't even one of his weirder/more messed up moments.

Edit: I have not been friends with him for many years for a lot of these reasons.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Hyrax Attack! posted:

SA came up on New York Times again, this time for handwringing about how we can keep children away from the "darker corners of the Internet," aka GBS Photoshop threads:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/11/us/morgan-geyser-slender-man-stabbing.html?unlocked_article_code=1.j00.aqkh.csKvcu8yJIsX&smid=url-share

Lol we're so dangerous can't mention the site by name. Honestly I'd be more concerned about kids with unlimited TikTok or Twitch usage, we aren't teaching how to steal Kias or radicalizing anyone.

SA trolled some people and made mean jokes 15 years ago and the people writing the stories use Reddit, TokTok, and Facebook every day. Surely those places can't be as bad as the place where they laughed at their founder's suicide? Right?

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

dervival posted:

Slender-Man should have been the branding for diet Hungry-Man products

we gotta million dollar idea here

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

beauty queen breakdown posted:

we gotta million dollar idea here

we need to iterate though