Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It felt like the Heat did about as good as they could with this roster and Jimmy's health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://theathletic.com/5465560/2024/05/01/suns-mat-ishbia-frank-vogel/?source=user_shared_article Suns owner Mat Ishbia downplays panic after sweep: ‘The house is not on fire’

quote:

“Ask the other 29 GMs — 26 of them would trade their whole team for our whole team and our draft picks and everything as is,” Ishbia said in a scheduled news conference. “The house is not on fire. We’re in great position. It’s not hard to fix. It’s not like we’re like, ‘Hey, we don’t have enough talent to win a championship.’ We have enough talent to win a championship. Do we have enough continuity? … There’s a lot of things we can look at. Do we have the right leadership in place?”

Is this what kids call… cope??

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

WhyteRyce would you do:

Barnes
Huerter
Duarte
Another filler like Mitchell

For

Bradley Beal

Veccenie suggested the Kings as a team that could possibly be interested in Beal, hypothetically.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Aye Doc posted:

pre-emptively feel bad for whichever team gets caleb martin once he falls away from heat magic and he's just throwing himself around the court like a moron for 23 minutes a night while going 1 of 9 from the field with a rebound and 3 turnovers

Would you like Gabe Vincent back

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mean Baby posted:

WhyteRyce would you do:

Barnes
Huerter
Duarte
Another filler like Mitchell

For

Bradley Beal

Veccenie suggested the Kings as a team that could possibly be interested in Beal, hypothetically.

As one of the other Kings fans on this forum, gently caress no. Huerter sucks and Barnes is not worth his short contract, but Duarte and Mitchell are cheap. The team is already money stretched for Fox and Sabonis and will be trying to keep Monk, Beal definitely isn't the missing piece while losing so many rotation players.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
As a Celtics fan, I can derive only modest satisfaction from them beating the very injured Miami Heat. It is weird how the Heat can simultaneously engender the most intense grudging respect AND a passionate feeling of JUST loving GO AWAY ALREADY. God knows if I was born in greater Miami I'd adore the Butler era.

What are the chances that any of the assets offered for Dame could be used this summer for something big? I don't know the cap/contract situation for the Heat but I feel like they aren't going away.

Aye Doc posted:

pre-emptively feel bad for whichever team gets caleb martin once he falls away from heat magic and he's just throwing himself around the court like a moron for 23 minutes a night while going 1 of 9 from the field with a rebound and 3 turnovers

I wish I could bet for this to happen on some degenerate gambling app.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

KurdtLives posted:

As a Celtics fan, I can derive only modest satisfaction from them beating the very injured Miami Heat. It is weird how the Heat can simultaneously engender the most intense grudging respect AND a passionate feeling of JUST loving GO AWAY ALREADY. God knows if I was born in greater Miami I'd adore the Butler era.

What are the chances that any of the assets offered for Dame could be used this summer for something big? I don't know the cap/contract situation for the Heat but I feel like they aren't going away.

I wish I could bet for this to happen on some degenerate gambling app.

Their best bet is either a trade for Beal \ Lavine or a sign-and-trade to for DeRozan. Their "prized" assets are Jacquez and Herro. They traded some of their pick flexibility for Rozier. Jacquez is likely more valuable to the Heat than to other teams, but anything big he would be demanded in it.

For the A-chip guys like Mitchell or even B-chip like Ingram / Bridges, they don't have enough. Teams like Houston, OKC, Utah, New Orleans, Portland can easily outbid them.

They are also over the first apron and very close to the second apron, so might want to look to dump Herro or Robinson.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mean Baby posted:

Their best bet is either a trade for Beal \ Lavine or a sign-and-trade to for DeRozan. Their "prized" assets are Jacquez and Herro. They traded some of their pick flexibility for Rozier. Jacquez is likely more valuable to the Heat than to other teams, but anything big he would be demanded in it.

For the A-chip guys like Mitchell or even B-chip like Ingram / Bridges, they don't have enough. Teams like Houston, OKC, Utah, New Orleans, Portland can easily outbid them.

They are also over the first apron and very close to the second apron, so might want to look to dump Herro or Robinson.

Herro is a negative asset, Nikola Jovic is the guy teams are going to come after

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hell yeah, AC winning this very prestigious award that I've definitely heard of
https://x.com/Will_Gottlieb/status/1786064536857952658

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Feels kind of on the nose

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The award statue was already Caruso

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

quote:

Jimmy Butler, who turns 35 on Sept. 14, is expected to seek a maximum two-year contract extension worth about $113 million from the Heat this offseason, according to a league source.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article288193530.html#storylink=cpy
Who takes this? He's been good enough for several years but never enough. It's remarkable how far he's gone with Miami. I don't see Pat being loyal to a fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

He was the best player on the ECF winning team literally last year