Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
Life spent whacking mudcrabs with a wakizashi high on skooma vs gently slowfalling down from your glowing telvanni tree tower where you never worry the ordinators will find your moon sugar; which is totally a thing only a Kahjiit would do so nobody even ever says anything plus how would they even get up there?

YMMV applies to knees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

ulvir posted:

i’m turning 41, and the biggest difference, apart from a greying, beard is how tired I get around midnight now compared to ten years ago

back in my early 20s I was partying all the time and our biggest concern was getting cases of beer before midnight, so often we'd collect money around 11:40 and make it out of the convenience store at exactly 11:59. I look back in disbelief that I ever lived that way.

tbf having kids has a lot to do with that too, I also remember being concerned that I wasn't gonna wake up in time for the football game which was usually at noon. like yeah the hangovers are worse now but also I don't exactly have the option to sleep them off like I used to

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

JAMOOOL posted:

I'm turning 38 in a week, main things are grey hair (though luckily I've kept it all...so far) and hangovers getting worse, which sucks but giving yourself a reason not to have that 5th beer is probably a good thing overall

I get hangovers after two beers. I think having five would incapacitate me for 24+ hours

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
Yeah same. 3 beers is like some wild rear end hot tub time machine poo poo for my body.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

pencilhands posted:

Looking to hear from some oldgoons itt. I wouldn’t say im having a mid life crisis or anything like that but having just recently turned 35 im really starting to feel “old” for the first time in my life.

Im about to turn 41 in two week. My wrists hurt, and I don't know why. I don't really feel old.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Im about to turn 41 in two week. My wrists hurt, and I don't know why. I don't really feel old.

This thread is about thirties not forties op

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

...! posted:

This thread is about thirties not forties op

now I feel old

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Everyone know the day you turn 40 you old.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

middle age begins at 35 in humans according to the phb

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
it's getting younger and younger in the USA, our quality of life and lifespan is statistically on a path of reduction, strangely there are nations that we, politically, argue that is a failed pathway to happiness and so on, most notoriously is our near neighbors in Cuba. Their lifespan has been increasing and now is longer than ours, and while happiness is a difficult metric to quantify, average lifespan isn't.

this is a subject of much debate and wealthy westerners are trying desperately to extend the date of their own deaths further into the future while, vampirically, retract the date of death of virtually all mankind sooner and sooner. to call it a rounding error of people who have access to the senescent care the wealthy westerners is to insult rounding errors.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
There was a time when I thought that mid 30s was old. Now that I'm in my 60s, it seems really young.

Such is life.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Genesplicer posted:

There was a time when I thought that mid 30s was old. Now that I'm in my 60s, it seems really young.

Such is life.

drat you're old

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Genesplicer posted:

Such is life.

Wait till you're 90!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Genesplicer posted:

Before I hit 30, I thought being in your 30s was old. Now that I have passed 60, I realize that I was full of poo poo and the 30s were still young.

I miss my working, pain-free joints.

Genesplicer posted:

Such is life.

?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
He's too senile to realise he's repeating himself lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

60 is the 30

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's called dementia op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Genesplicer so old D8's like "Now THAT's old!"

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
gene so old he could be my kid brother lol gottem

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
the day i turned 36 is the same day i had my first attack of the gout

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
If you ever live to be some absurd old age like 110 or something and they interview you for the news you should tell them the secret to your longevity is something really weird, like eating a whole pinecone every day.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Mister Speaker posted:

If you ever live to be some absurd old age like 110 or something and they interview you for the news you should tell them the secret to your longevity is something really weird, like eating a whole pinecone every day.

i would tell them my secret is shitposting on the SA forums

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The secret.... To long life.... Is to... Always charge.... Your JO crystals.... With good friends.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

It's good for what ails ya!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
38 tomorrow, feelin good. did two hours of yardwork and then jogged two miles and the only reason I pushed myself like that is just to see if I could. well I'm sore as poo poo now but hey I did it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

She looked alive enough in the Le Monde video

yeah welll.... trompe Le Monde!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I don't mind getting old, but I do wish family and friends wouldn't die because that makes me sad.