Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

ZACH ARNOLD SEZ I AM WRONG. I say he is wrong. Only one of us will be proven right in the future!

http://www.fightopinion.com/2006/09/01/kurt-angles-future/

DITCH IN THE COMMENTS posted:

Angle is burned out but he isn’t into Bret Hart or Dynamite Kid territory.

I've heard he's REAL bad. I mean, REAL REAL bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I think Angle can take time off ala Michaels, heck maybe less time, and be fine. Bret will never be able to return, Dynamite after a certain point was the same and he was going at like 20% by the end.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

I think Angle can take time off ala Michaels, heck maybe less time, and be fine. Bret will never be able to return, Dynamite after a certain point was the same and he was going at like 20% by the end.

No, because Michaels' case was one where he could get surgery and come back. Angle needs career ending fusion surgery.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster

Captain Charisma posted:

No, because Michaels' case was one where he could get surgery and come back. Angle needs career ending fusion surgery.

Fusion surgery isn't the end of the world, considering that's the exact procedure HBK had.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

HwoodNG posted:

Fusion surgery isn't the end of the world, considering that's the exact procedure HBK had.

Yeah, but the surgery he needs would end his career.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Captain Charisma posted:

Yeah, but the surgery he needs would end his career.
According to whom? I've never seen it delineated like that. If that were the case WWE wouldn't be expecting him to ever return.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I'M BIG IN JAPAN BITCHES

(post 328)
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:yqo-4O43AWoJ:sports9.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/wres/1156234820/+theditch.us&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=11

Okay not that big but still :woop:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/50829
THIS WEEK: I bitch about NOAH and All Japan, and change my mind about Kurt Angle.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Hey Ditch, could you do something about the links to your archives on Inside Pulse? I'd like to read your old stuff without having to go through all the other columns. Great work, by the way. I'm not usually one to read online wrestling columns, but I've found your writing to be really entertaining and interesting.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Mighty Agrippa posted:

Hey Ditch, could you do something about the links to your archives on Inside Pulse? I'd like to read your old stuff without having to go through all the other columns. Great work, by the way. I'm not usually one to read online wrestling columns, but I've found your writing to be really entertaining and interesting.
8 years of doing anything and you tend to get good at it. But man I did need most of that time to be readable. Thanks for the compliment!

http://www.insidepulse.com/zoneIndex.php?authorid=130 - PuroPulse archive, which is in the link dump on page 1 ITT.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
NEW GHC CHAMP~!

quote:

NOAH, 9/9/06 (NTV/G+)
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Mushiking Terry beat Atsushi Aoki (12:13) with the Mist Crash.
2. Scorpio, Joe Legend & Ace Steel beat Akitoshi Saito, Masao Inoue & Kishin Kawabata (14:28) when Legend used a modified sidebuster on Kawabata.
3. Takuma Sano & SUWA beat Tamon Honda & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi (10:02) when SUWA used the FFF on Kikuchi.
4. Kentaro Shiga & Yoshinobu Kanemaru beat Mohammed Yone & Ippei Ota (14:11) when Kanemaru used a brainbuster on Ota.
5. KENTA & Katsuyori Shibata beat Akira Taue & Go Shiosaki (14:29) when KENTA used the Touch the Sky on Shiosaki.
6. Mitsuharu Misawa & Yoshinari Ogawa beat Bison Smith & Keith Walker (12:47) when Misawa pinned Walker after a union Emerald Frosion.
7. Takeshi Rikio & Takeshi Morishima beat Yoshihiro Takayama & Takashi Sugiura (22:55) when Rikio used the Muso on Sugiura.
8. GHC Heavyweight Title: Naomichi Marufuji beat Jun Akiyama © (27:29) with the Perfect Inside Cradle to become the 10th champion.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
What's Kenta's Touch the Sky?

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mighty Agrippa posted:

What's Kenta's Touch the Sky?

It's his flying leap punch after running into and back off of the ropes as his opponent is on his tag partner's shoulders with a comedown like the doomsday device (ie, victim flips over backwards off the partner's shoulders). Also has been done with the opponent on the top turnbuckle I believe.

Image (couldn't find video) will probably help you understand that jumble of letters:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Marufuji winning the GHC title sure is a surprise.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

MassRayPer posted:

Marufuji winning the GHC title sure is a surprise.
You can say that again. Boy, Akiyama has balls to book that. He's certainly no HHH.

This is actually the second title Marufuji took from him. The hardcore/openweight title changed hands via. countout.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

You can say that again. Boy, Akiyama has balls to book that. He's certainly no HHH.

This is actually the second title Marufuji took from him. The hardcore/openweight title changed hands via. countout.

Akiyama is always holding himself down! Damned NOAH Glass ceiling.

It is smaller and more efficent than an American glass ceiling. That's all I know.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

You can say that again. Boy, Akiyama has balls to book that. He's certainly no HHH

Heh, the ROH board is full of quotes about how Misawa and NOAH must have hated the reign or something and this is punishment.

Also they think Nigel has a chance of winning the belt :hurr:

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

Why so many GHC title changes since Kobashi's reign? Granted, Rikio was a bust and Taue was just a transition to get the belt of of Rikio, but I thought Akiyama would have kept it much longer.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

HwoodNG posted:

Why so many GHC title changes since Kobashi's reign? Granted, Rikio was a bust and Taue was just a transition to get the belt of of Rikio, but I thought Akiyama would have kept it much longer.

He was flopping.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
I think the NOAH booking board (with Akiyama helming it now, it seems) already has long-term plans nicely laid out for the young stars to truly rise up, wouldn't be surprised if they took some pointers from Baba's booking.

I'm looking forward to the title defences, definitely. Marufuji has not dissapointed me this year so far. And it will be cool to see what kind of character Akiyama will develop after this. Ultra grumpy Akiyama, please!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HwoodNG posted:

It's been four title changes in a year and a half. Heck, All Japan did that with the Triple Crown on several occasions. It can't all be two year reigns.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
With the defence in ROH will NOAH start citing GHC as a true world title?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They never cared about it being a 'recognized world title' like US indies do. At the same time, the tag titles and both junior titles have been defended overseas in the last two years, which is much more than any other Japanese promotion has done.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Ditch posted:

It's been four title changes in a year and a half. Heck, All Japan did that with the Triple Crown on several occasions. It can't all be two year reigns.

You're right, it just seems more frenetic with Kobashi's reign fresh in our minds.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/50966
ITC I go :ssj: about Akiyama jobbing himself out.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/50966
ITC I go :ssj: about Akiyama jobbing himself out.

I think the biggest news about that match was that Marufuji was dishing out shiranuis and superkicks like they were his entire moveset for the second half of the match. In addition the "perfect inside cradle", due to the way the arm is locked, appears to make it impossible to have both of the opponent's shoulders on the ground in a proper pin so when the referee was counting the pin it looked like Akiyama's other side was in the air.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

I agree with Morishima looking like the MAN after that tag draw.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The Perfect Cradle is so perfect that even if the victim gets a shoulder up it still works :woop:

Illvillainy
Jan 4, 2004

Pants then spaceship. In that order.
Question: Is it wrong to be a Ricky Marvin mark?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't see the harm but I also don't see the 'how'.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Enjoy some tunage:
http://www.madsplash.com

and for the more direct route,
http://www.madsplash.com/mp3/

I'm such a mark for generic puro music as opposed to generic WWE music.

Illvillainy
Jan 4, 2004

Pants then spaceship. In that order.

Ditch posted:

I don't see the harm but I also don't see the 'how'.
I'm not sure myself.

Maybe it's him shouting Viva la Raza while hitting a springboard frog splash, maybe it because how the announcer pronounces and always says his full name. I just can't qualify it. Seems at least solid in his perfomance even though this week was the first time I saw a match when he actually got a pin rather than being pinned.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Enjoy some tunage:
http://www.madsplash.com

and for the more direct route,
http://www.madsplash.com/mp3/

I'm such a mark for generic puro music as opposed to generic WWE music.

Generic Puro music causes nostalgia for childhood time spent playing F-Zero so it will always be far better.

And Kobashi's themes are all great.

On Marufuji with the GHC, what if they work his matches like the Kobashi one? If you keep him working over a bigger man's weak spot it keeps his usual offense from looking as weak and overcomes the size difference.

Plus the Kobashi match was pure awesome so if he did more of that I'd be all for it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Marufuji needs to find a way to add credibility to tricksy-ness. Just getting cheap wins after taking the 'easy route' to avoid getting killed doesn't come off well for a big Japan fed's champ.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2069818

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
HOLY poo poo.

And lammo @ loinworm getting banned.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So now that the GHC Tag Titles have been vacated, what do you fine upstanding folks all think will happen? And more importantly, will the new champs still have to ASK for title defenses?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
PUT THE GOLD ON MORISHIMA. ALL OF IT.

NOAH's tag division really needs a lot more love. There are plenty of unexploited pairings big enough to draw interest either as Budokan semi-mains or mid-size show mains. With Wild II, KENTA/Marufuji or KENTA/Shibata, Misawa/Ogawa, Taue/Sano, 'whoever the junior tag champs are' (Sugiura/Kanemaru at the moment), Takayama/X, Akiyama/X, etc, there's enough for a division with 4-6 title matches a year easy. They just need to be more willing to, you know, friggin' book it. WTF Kobashi & Akiyama?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/51020
This week: A look back at old columns. And I mean ooooooold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

quote:

FMW sanctional a Swimming Pool match on September 25th, 1994 Electrified Barbedwire Dynamite Pool Double Hell Death Match
From Obsessed with Wrestling.

:wtc:

What the loving hell was this match?