Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

MassRayPer posted:

Can you confirm or deny the rumor that Misawa and Kawada are actually giant robots made up of several smaller robots?

Misawa is Goku fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl

Captain Charisma posted:

I bet he faces Giant Bernard.
mother of god

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

RheinholdMessner posted:

mother of god
He's quasi-psychic :aaa:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2OK05O2
I... I don't...

:psyduck:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
By the way, the Observer this week confirms that TNA is the one who told New Japan to book Angle in a match with Tomko. Dave thinks they are wasting Angle.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that a company like TNA is telling NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING what to do? And the fact that they are carrying over an American feud that only about 1 million people see each week?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Japan will be your bitch for the sake of Angle.

Also, TNA is giving NJ the ability to air Angle matches.

Also, everyone download from that link I just posted. EVERYONE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Charisma posted:

By the way, the Observer this week confirms that TNA is the one who told New Japan to book Angle in a match with Tomko. Dave thinks they are wasting Angle.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that a company like TNA is telling NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING what to do? And the fact that they are carrying over an American feud that only about 1 million people see each week?

TNA has Angle under contract. NJPW really needs Angle. Thus TNA gets to set the terms.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Ditch, am I looking at this wrong, or did I just download two hours' worth of wrestlers singing Christmas carols in Japanese, and doing skits that I assume to be funny because I don't get the language?

Because as awesome as that may be, it's still over 200 megs of wrestlers singing and doing skits in Japanese :smith:

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

Ditch posted:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2OK05O2
I... I don't...

:psyduck:

I don't speak the language, and I don't know most of those people, and I don't know what I just watched... but it was very entertaining.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I mark for Misawa Claus.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Kikkoman posted:

Because as awesome as that may be, it's still over 200 megs of wrestlers singing and doing skits in Japanese :smith:
THEY DO A CHRISTMAS SONG TO "I NEED A HERO"

How can you want more?!

edit: HOLY poo poo stick with it. Wow.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 6, 2007

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

MassRayPer posted:

TNA has Angle under contract. NJPW really needs Angle. Thus TNA gets to set the terms.

I know, it just seems odd that a company that small can push around a company with that much history and size.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NJ isn't much for "size" these days. They also have a more demanding money source.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

NJ isn't much for "size" these days. They also have a more demanding money source.

I meant exposure and such and...gently caress it nevermind.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
New link for the NOAH thing:
http://theditch.com/noahchristmascomp.wmv

Give it a chance :shobon:

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Ditch posted:

I can't decide which is better. This, or that video of Japanese wrestlers tearing down a house with their bare hands.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
Thanks, mate. I've been wanting to check that video out for a long time but megaupload hates me.

Misawa giving out presents as Santa Claus is super :unsmith:. Also, why are they always getting Honda to be a girl? :gonk:

nongdongfongbong fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 7, 2007

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In an unaired clip Jolly Old Misawa Claus brings a present to Marufuji. He opens it to find the GHC title, to which Misawa yells out "PSYCH!" elbows him and then uses his Santa powers to banish Nao to the midcard.

When the Briscoes showed up I was hoping they told Japan gently caress YOU TIL YOU MAN UP NO MERRY CHRISTMAS MAN UP MAN UP.

But they just said Merry Christmas :(

Seriously, if you weren't sold on this wait til you get to the footage of the NOAH guys in NYC after GBHV. The ROH messages are around 1:25, and NY footage including more singing follows.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 7, 2007

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I like how ROH had the Japan tour planned ahead of time and didn't announce it at Final Battle :rolleyes:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

I like how ROH had the Japan tour planned ahead of time and didn't announce it at Final Battle :rolleyes:

Why would you want to do the announcement at Final Battle in New York where maybe 3 fans present will be able to attend instead of in Japan?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Because they could still do an announcement in Japan since only 3 people in Japan would have heard it :eng101:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Because they could still do an announcement in Japan since only 3 people in Japan would have heard it :eng101:

What are you talking about? ROH has a huge following in Japan with millions of ROHamaniacs following everything ROH does! I'm guessing they just wanted to show deference to DG and NOAH by making the announcement in Japan, as well as not making it seem like America is more important by making an announcement about a Japan tour in America.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Ditch posted:

Im about half way through but this is the greatest and best thing to ever exist. There's too many highlights for me to even play favorites.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
SNOWBALL TO THE JUNK = #1.

But seriously, I am now spreading puro in South America:
http://wrestlingbr.blogspot.com/2007/01/entrevista-com-o-dono-do-ditch.html

Can anyone translate what I said :psyduck:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/64882
THIS WEEK: I talk about how great All Japan used to be. Again. It was great in a lot of different ways okay :colbert:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Alot of ROH fans seem to think KENTA has a chance at beating Morishima in NOAH. There's no way this happens right?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
lol

Cubs' Blog posted:

Negro Casas and Texano are headed back to Japan next month, with Texano getting a title match against Minoru for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship. This title match is out of nowhere, and I thought this was just a case of "Japan loves cowboys", but no, there's a ISSUE here

Minoru explained that when he went to Mexico around four years ago, he and Texano developed an unusual hatred for each other and that Texano tricked him when telling him directions and Minoru ended up in a taxi for about five hours. If he defeats Texano, he wants the young Mexican to pay him back the taxi fare.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Wezlar posted:

Alot of ROH fans seem to think KENTA has a chance at beating Morishima in NOAH. There's no way this happens right?
Like... 5% chance based on the potential for KENTA to make a hasty return to ROH. As a 'shoot' by NOAH on ROH, 0.0001%.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ditch posted:

Like... 5% chance based on the potential for KENTA to make a hasty return to ROH. As a 'shoot' by NOAH on ROH, 0.0001%.

Well, what I really meant was, with Morishima basically being the future of NOAH at heavyweight, and KENTA being a junior, there chances of Morishima losing to KENTA in Japan (or at all really) are pretty miniscule correct?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I'd say KENTA would have like a 10% chance if there was no ROH title involved. NOAH juniors aren't quite as segregated because they're such a HUGE portion of the young stars.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/65101
THIS WEEK: Things are looking up for AJ & NJ, and everyone bitching about Morishima can eat me.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I've started an All Japan 1990s Top 50 nominations/voting project on a couple boards (DVDVR, SSS) if anyone wants to join in :shobon:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

I've started an All Japan 1990s Top 50 nominations/voting project on a couple boards (DVDVR, SSS) if anyone wants to join in :shobon:

Just picking out nominations must be a pain in the rear end to think through. Once you've picked some, you realize you forgot another 10 AJPW matches just as good or better.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Especially with the obvious out of the way at the get-go. But then there's lots of time to re-watch and see what's worthy.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
I signed up for dvdvr just to tell you that fantastics vs. JOE/kikuchi must absolutely be nominated, but somebody beat me to it. That's one of my favourite matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I finally got around to watching Misawa/Marufuji. I must say it was a lot better than I expected. Nothing amazing, but considering the fat mongoloid alien replicon that the real Misawa was replaced with awhile ago, this was a surprise.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
does he still have the neckbeard? to me misawa is pretty much comic book guy at this point

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

How long is Misawa going to have this damned title reign? It's painful.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He's talking about vacating the title due to injury. Which, really, should have been done 5 WEEKS AGO WHEN IT HAPPENED.

They could be doing a badass round-robin tournament as we speak if he had :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

He's talking about vacating the title due to injury. Which, really, should have been done 5 WEEKS AGO WHEN IT HAPPENED.

They could be doing a badass round-robin tournament as we speak if he had :(

It is hard to move quickly on these things when you are so overweight. And are possibly spending time growing a neckbeard.