Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/65555
This week: :argh: NOAH :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eru
Dec 29, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Ditch posted:

:argh: NOAH :argh:

Foreigners & Freelancers for Spring Navigation '06
-Yoshihiro Takayama (4/14, 4/15, 4/16, 4/17, 4/28)
-Tatsuhito Takaiwa (4/28)
-Mushiking Terry (4/8, 4/28)
-Mushiking Joker (4/8)
-CIMA (4/28)
-Susumu Yokosuka (4/28)
-Anthony W. Mori (4/28)
-Bison Smith (All shows)
-Bryan Danielson (All shows)
-Joe Legend (All shows)
-Daniel Cross (All shows)
-Ted DiBiase Jr. (All shows)

Hell yeah!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eru posted:

Foreigners & Freelancers for Spring Navigation '06
-Yoshihiro Takayama (4/14, 4/15, 4/16, 4/17, 4/28)
-Tatsuhito Takaiwa (4/28)
-Mushiking Terry (4/8, 4/28)
-Mushiking Joker (4/8)
-CIMA (4/28)
-Susumu Yokosuka (4/28)
-Anthony W. Mori (4/28)
-Bison Smith (All shows)
-Bryan Danielson (All shows)
-Joe Legend (All shows)
-Daniel Cross (All shows)
-Ted DiBiase Jr. (All shows)

Hell yeah!

I'm gonna need to get my hands on that 4/28 show.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Pity Kotaro is in Mushiking mode on 4/28, I was hoping for a Jr. Tag Titles defense against the Dragon Gate guys.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
I'd download a mid-card six-man with Bison, AmDrag, and Ted Jr. in it. No idea if Ted Jr. is any good, but if he can just laugh like his old man I'm fine with it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

thatguyclint posted:

I'd download a mid-card six-man with Bison, AmDrag, and Ted Jr. in it. No idea if Ted Jr. is any good, but if he can just laugh like his old man I'm fine with it.
Bison squares off with Kobashi, they go to a standoff. Bison tags in Ted Jr, Kobashi tags in Kikuchi. Ted Jr points, laughs, and tags out.

MOTYC

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Hay Ditch, any chance of some more Michinoku Pro on your site? Perhaps some multi-man matches?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's on the chronological page of Daily Puro.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Ditch posted:

Bison squares off with Kobashi, they go to a standoff. Bison tags in Ted Jr, Kobashi tags in Kikuchi. Ted Jr points, laughs, and tags out.

MOTYC

...You're my favorite poster, Ditch. :shobon:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Ditch posted:

It's on the chronological page of Daily Puro.
:doh: I thought I already searched that page, I must have mistakenly been on the main page.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Ditch, do you have any other Ebessan matches other than the 01-07-01 match Vs. Kamen? I loving love that guy!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
There's one on the NOAH site and at least one (almost certainly more) on the way on Daily Puro.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This just in:

Simon Inoki has resigned from New Japan. That means we have a wrestling promotion owned in toto by a toy company.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

This just in:

Simon Inoki has resigned from New Japan. That means we have a wrestling promotion owned in toto by a toy company.

Which is better than having one run by Simon Inoki.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MassRayPer posted:

Which is better than having one run by Simon Inoki.

His leaving means the TNA-NJPW deal is finished, which is why AJPW's Great Muta was at the last TNA PPV. I'm not really too current on AJPW's roster but do they have any decent smaller guys that TNA can use in the X cup(if they even bother with it)?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coconono posted:

His leaving means the TNA-NJPW deal is finished, which is why AJPW's Great Muta was at the last TNA PPV. I'm not really too current on AJPW's roster but do they have any decent smaller guys that TNA can use in the X cup(if they even bother with it)?
Yes and no. Yes, they have some regulars who are decent X-division types. No, in that a lot of them aren't proper All Japan wrestlers. Taka Michinoku, Shuji Kondo, Nakajima, and even Kaz Hayashi of late are partially/completely independent. Hell even the division's dregs (win/loss wise) like Kikutaro and NOZAWA are freelancer.

Also, Simon was on the outs since June when the Lesnar situation hit the fan. The only real impact is the TNA part, and perhaps if the rumored Inoki promotion comes to fruition. More on that tomorrow!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I just had a chilling thought. The AJPW-TNA deal isn't official yet which means TNA could possibly go with NOAH. That means we could have Morishima with the ROH belt on a TNA PPV.

If Simon goes with his own promotion, he'll be in a bit of a bind. Most of the top tier Japanese talent are already under contract, meaning he'll have to setup a talent development program. From what I understand, Inoki isn't that hot at making stars.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

I just had a chilling thought. The AJPW-TNA deal isn't official yet which means TNA could possibly go with NOAH. That means we could have Morishima with the ROH belt on a TNA PPV.

Not in a billion years.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Captain Charisma posted:

Not in a billion years.
Yeah, that's pretty much fantasy booking right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ditch posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much fantasy booking right there.

While possible, its not highly probable. Just a random scary thought.

So much for Tomko and A-Train holding the IWGP tag belts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

While possible, its not highly probable. Just a random scary thought.

So much for Tomko and A-Train holding the IWGP tag belts.

It's not possible at all since belts are the intellectual property of the company that owns them and if TNA did that ROH would put them out of business with the following lawsuit.

Add in the fact that NOAH would never hook up with TNA since they want to send their talent to the US to develop and look like international stars. TNA has shown it will never push international stars so NOAH has no reason to ever work with them. No one in NOAH needs experience in working 3 minute matches anyway.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't think the Bernard/Tomko reign is in jeopardy, to be honest. Tomko isn't quite in Angle's situation.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I just started getting into Joshi and I can't believe how often Toyota jobs in the big matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

I just started getting into Joshi and I can't believe how often Toyota jobs in the big matches.

She asked Misawa his secret to being over and he told her sarcastically "By putting so many people over!" but she took him seriously.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRayPer posted:

She asked Misawa his secret to being over and he told her sarcastically "By putting so many people over!" but she took him seriously.

I bet she only won the hair v. hair match cause Yamada had butch hair to begin with. :colbert:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Toyota won more than her share of big stuff over the years. I think part of the deal is that joshi tended to have more matches where someone important would have to drop a fall, compared to say, All Japan. All the cross-over dream cards added to it.

Also, Aja Kong is Blackanese :eng101: (mom Japanese, dad African-American soldier)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/65768
THIS WEEK: As promised, a look at the NJ/AJ/Angle/Inoki thingamabob.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yay this thread can continue forever :dance:

Nagata won the NJ cup and is Tanahashi's next challenger. I expect him to win the belt. Yay!

Eru
Dec 29, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The whole Stop the Matsunaga angle from Zero1-MAX is the greatest thing ever.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Great angle, but Matsunaga... eh. I never cared for stabby guys like him. Except when Abdullah made Yoshinari Ogawa his bitch for 3 minutes.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm going to show my ignorance of jap wrestling once again and ask about a wrestler.

I was watching the debut WCW Thunder show the other night and one of the matches was Tenzan vs Ohara. Now Tenzan I am familiar with because he has worked with WCW before but who is Ohara? Is he anyone special at all? I mean, they packaged him with generic evil manager Sonny Ono after all.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Ohara is a steaming load. Let us never speak of him again.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
-Liger is now the Dragon Gate champ

-NOAH and TNA have started a relationship, and TNA seems to be saying that they won't be tied down to any one Japan promotion

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

-NOAH and TNA have started a relationship, and TNA seems to be saying that they won't be tied down to any one Japan promotion

I'd hope for Joe vs. Akiyama or something like that, but we'll probably get something like Christian vs. IZU~

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ditch posted:

*ahem* OK, enough crowing. This is a good move on TNA's part as it'll allow them much wider access to talent. Now its a matter or seeing how they can utterly screw it up.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Captain Charisma posted:

I'd hope for Joe vs. Akiyama or something like that, but we'll probably get something like KENTA vs Sabin vs Sonjay vs Kotaro Suzuki
Edited for reality, I can guarantee they're looking at juniors instead of heavies.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

If this relationship mean Ricky Marvin in the US I'm all for it.

I won't hold my breath but if this is a two way thing then Joe and Angle touring in NOAH would pretty sweet too.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raffles posted:

If this relationship mean Ricky Marvin in the US I'm all for it.

I won't hold my breath but if this is a two way thing then Joe and Angle touring in NOAH would pretty sweet too.

If it were Angle from a couple of years ago I'd be excited, but he seems to have just lost it with all the injuries.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Captain Charisma posted:

If it were Angle from a couple of years ago I'd be excited, but he seems to have just lost it with all the injuries.
Meanwhile Meltzer has probably penciled in Kobashi vs Angle as either 2007 or 2008 MOTY, with permanent ink if it's actually announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Is it possible the NOAH/TNA relationship only exists for Angle and maybe Joe since it is doubtful AJPW could afford Angle with the rates TNA wants?

Because I really doubt NOAH is going to send anyone of value to TNA.