Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/67070
:emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Oh, neat, I didn't know you wrote for InsidePulse! I go there for news and Scott Keith stuff, I'll have to start reading your stuff too.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
I'm sure it was some sort of fireman's carry into an emerald fusion, but he's too fat and old to actually do it properly

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

RheinholdMessner posted:

I'm sure it was some sort of fireman's carry into an emerald fusion, but he's too fat and old to actually do it properly
That's what he was going for.

WeaselWeaz posted:

Oh, neat, I didn't know you wrote for InsidePulse! I go there for news and Scott Keith stuff, I'll have to start reading your stuff too.
I've written there for two and a half years :(

Dr. Destructo
Jun 14, 2005

My SKULL!
King of Trios has introduced me to the awesome that is Yoshiaki Yago. Where can I find more of his hair-raising heart-punch-a-thons?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Sadly his good stuff isn't in Japan, but if you email me (my AIM name @aol) I can help direct you to his US highlights.

Also, buy plat :argh:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

RheinholdMessner posted:

Ventura, Monsoon and Heenan (I think) all used to use "pearl harbour". I would also approve if they referred to cowardly acts and people as "yellow"

That's more referring to a "yellow stripe down their back", as in a chicken.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Deathlove posted:

That's more referring to a "yellow stripe down their back", as in a chicken.

I think they also said nipped that in the bud. Hahaha, get it?

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!
I just got done watching the NOAH vs DRAGON GATE six man tag (Marufuji, Marvin, Ota vs. CIMA, Susumu, Dragon Kid) from Budokan Hall on 4/28. Do these two promotions work together alot? Or was this a one time thing, or a start to a new relationship thing?

Crowd really seemed into seeing Marufuji and CIMA face eachother. Everytime they were in the ring together, it seemed like the crowd got excited.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
CIMA is Mr. Dragon Gate. Marufuji is the top of the NOAH junior crop. That's thus a dream match in Japan.

That tag is IIRC the biggest NOAH/DG interaction to date.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
I have a friend in Japan who can bring me back or ship me stuff. What random neat wrestling crap can I tell him to look for, pictures preferred?

Ditch posted:

I've written there for two and a half years :(

Don't worry, it's my fault for not following puro. On the plus side, when I do read about puro it's because I read your article!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Only picture-related thing I can think of is wrestling tour posters in public places. I saw several.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

quote:

Foreigners for "Northern Navigation '07" Announced, GHC Tag Team Title! by RD - 05 May 2007
-Bison Smith (5/17-6/3)
-D-Lo Brown (5/17-6/3 & 6/8)
-Buchanan (5/17-6/3 & 6/8)
-Eddie Edwards (5/17-6/3)
-Ted DiBiase Jr. (5/17-6/3)

D-Lo Brown & Buchanan will have a shot at the GHC Tag Team Title on the stand alone "NAVIGATION" Yokohoma Bunka Gymnasium show on 6/8.

NOAH "NAVIGATION", 6/8/07 (NTV/G+)
Yokohoma Bunka Gymnasium

1. GHC Tag Team Title: Jun Akiyama & Takeshi Rikio (c) vs. D-Lo Brown & Buchanan

Thansk to Green Destiny.

It's a shame to see no new exciting gajins on this tour, but at least ROH will have a full roster.

Still the idea of that tag title match boggles my mind.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
They're from RD&D, TAKA's old stable. He announced that he wants to reform it in NOAH.

With both CIMA and TAKA, coming in for matches and a very likely Marufuji / CIMA match on the horizon, their junior scene just got a lot neater.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
How on earth is Ted Jr not under WWE contract? Great look, solid in the ring, good personality, WWE size... and isn't Ted Sr still a road agent?

:confused:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Illinois Smith posted:

They're from RD&D, TAKA's old stable. He announced that he wants to reform it in NOAH.

With both CIMA and TAKA, coming in for matches and a very likely Marufuji / CIMA match on the horizon, their junior scene just got a lot neater.

:eng101: RO&D

Ditch posted:

How on earth is Ted Jr not under WWE contract? Great look, solid in the ring, good personality, WWE size... and isn't Ted Sr still a road agent?

Was released awhile ago.

Also I think he's still really green and needs some seasoning.

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 6, 2007

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Ditch posted:

My hope is that he decided to tour around and get some experience before being signed up, like Harry Smith. I mean I can't fathom they haven't offered him anything yet. Still if you were in his position, would you rather be 'learning the ropes' in OVW, wrestling some no-talent bodybuilder or in NOAH? No question really.

Also what's the story with Prince Devitt? Everytime I've seen him I've been impressed as hell. Has he had any experience wrestling in the US? He is one person I'd love to see on the North American indy scene.

Illvillainy
Jan 4, 2004

Pants then spaceship. In that order.
I doubt his father wants him in WWE.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Raffles posted:

Also what's the story with Prince Devitt?

NJPW trainee I think. Hasn't ventured very far from them yet.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Also, Devitt is Irish and thus NJ was his first real spotlight.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!
Is Tiger Mask IV any good? He's working in TNA this weekend at the PPV, and I wanted to know about him.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I think he's mediocre. Very little personality, a couple cool moves that he does every match, not much ability to improv. He probably won't kill a 4-way but neither will he bring the house down.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I posted a match today on http://theditch.us and it really defines :gonk:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

I posted a match today on http://theditch.us and it really defines :gonk:

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY :dance:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
From EMLL on Friday:

quote:

Torneo Cibernetico Grand Prix: Ultimo Guerrero used the Guerrero Special (reverse superplex) on Jushin Thunder Liger in 45:05 to win. Order of Elimination: Pierroth by Olimpico at 13:03 with a modified inside cradle. Shigeo Okumura by Rey Bucanero at 13:35 with the Buca Storm. Hijo del Lizmark by Minoru Suzuki at 21:16 with a sleeper hold. Olimpico by Marco Corleone at 22:21 with a lariat. Alex Koslov & Atlantis by DDQ at 23:38. Hirooki Goto by Sagrado at 25:29 with a moonsault press. Rey Bucanero by Jushin Thunder Liger at 28:37 with avalanche-style frankensteiner. Minoru Suzuki by Ultimo Guerrero by DQ at 33:11 when Yoshihiro Takayama interfered throwing UG off the top rope to the floor. Ultimo Dragon by Dos Caras Jr. at 34:08 with a German Suplex hold. Dos Caras Jr. by Marco Corleone at 34:25 with a diving body press. Dr. Wagner Jr. by Jushin Thunder Liger at 37:53 with an avalanche-style vertical drop brainbuster. Marco Corleone by Ultimo Guerrero at 39:20 by pinfall. Sagrado by Jushin Thunder Liger at 41:11 with the Gedo Clutch. Jushin Thunder Liger by Ultimo Guerrero at 45:05 with the Guerrero Special (reverse superplex). Suzuki stated after the match that he felt honored that the “internet nerds” in Mexico knew who he was and chanted his name throughout the match. Suzuki said that both he and Takayama are enjoying Mexico and Suzuki would like to make a Triple Crown defense before he heads back to Japan.
:psyduck:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ditch posted:

From EMLL on Friday:

That's awesome. Hey Ditch how was the Tajiri Triple Crown match?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

From EMLL on Friday:

:eng101: CMLL

Also me wantee matchee

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
EMPRESA MEXICANA DE LUCHA LIBRE = CMLL?

weekly font posted:

Hey Ditch how was the Tajiri Triple Crown match?
Suzuki + Triple Crown match = the suck. Tajiri in Japan now is 90% schtick and the same handful of spots. :smith:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

EMPRESA MEXICANA DE LUCHA LIBRE = CMLL?

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't understand why you're saying it was CMLL?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Ditch posted:

I don't understand why you're saying it was CMLL?

Because the promotion is now called CMLL. It changed its name in the late 80s.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I have been lied to.

On the internet.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ditch posted:

I think he's mediocre. Very little personality, a couple cool moves that he does every match, not much ability to improv. He probably won't kill a 4-way but neither will he bring the house down.

He had a good series of matches with Funaki and TAKA in Mpro, but I'll agree to him not having much personality.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

CombineThresher posted:

He had a good series of matches with Funaki and TAKA in Mpro, but I'll agree to him not having much personality.
*I* could have had a good series of matches with those two in their '90s MPro days. TM4 can be good enough that he doesn't drag down a tag match, and sometimes he can bring the goods one-on-one, but in general he's just no good in singles. I'd be stunned if his match with Quack wasn't a total Quack carry-job.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ditch posted:

Suzuki + Triple Crown match = the suck. Tajiri in Japan now is 90% schtick and the same handful of spots. :smith:

I really enjoyed both their Carnival match (even though it was mostly an elaborate angle for him to steal the belts) and the tag with AKIRA and MAZADA. Can't wait for the TC to show up.

Crafty old rear end in a top hat TAJIRI may not be as awesome as vicious psychotic ECW era TAJIRI but he's still tons of fun to watch. I hope he gets more tag matches with Muta this year.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't know what the hell is going on here, but http://theditch.biz/purobin/kawadawtf5-9-07.avi

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/67457
THIS WEEK: I bitch about Antonio Inoki and PRIDE dying.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl

Ditch posted:

I don't know what the hell is going on here, but http://theditch.biz/purobin/kawadawtf5-9-07.avi
i kept waiting for kawada to start kicking some faces but it just never happened

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
Just watched the ending of the KoKuchi/CanAm match, and it makes me wish that every match had two sets of commentators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Sawchuk
Jul 13, 2001
I'm currently in Japan and I want to go to a puro show, but it seems like the only one I will be able to fit into my schedule would be the 7/15 NOAH show at Budokan. This is apparently the final show of the tour. I'm not really familiar with NOAH besides the old AJPW guys, but would this show be worth seeing? Do you think there will be some pretty big, worthwhile matches?