Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Pibborando San posted:

That's a Wii dude.

And I don't know what the mystery device is either. Perhaps an input switcher?

edit: Oh poo poo I missed the PS2 hidden to the left of the TV!

mabey this will help, cleand it up a bit in ps

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

oh yes. two kinds... of dances
Oh, it says "GameStop" on it. It's an input switcher isn't it.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Pibborando San posted:

That's a Wii dude.

And I don't know what the mystery device is either. Perhaps an input switcher?

edit: Oh poo poo I missed the PS2 hidden to the left of the TV!

How dumb do I feel? lol

Obviously I am Wiitarded when it comes to gaming systems. As you can tell I am not the owner of a wii.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Got a new audio setup for ~150$

w/new ortofon cartridge installed, old lovely speakers, I'm thinking of ordering these someone else posted:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/basket/purchase.cfm?&DID=7

then get a sound card with audio in and finish ripping my vinyl to mp3

edit- christening the table with Motorhead/Girlschool split

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

Arson Equity posted:

Haha. I used to have those exact speakers (came with one of those cheap bookshelf audio systems). They sounded better than my lovely Logitech PC speakers but are still not very good at all.

I can't see your shopping cart dude, what is it?

At least separate them a bit, jesus. Like 3 feet atleast.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

TehKrond posted:

Yeah, someday soon, provided that they last as stereo fronts and don't get moved to rears. Luckily for their magnetic issues, the computer isn't even plugged in yet.

poo poo or just get these

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ENCST

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
double post

im a retard

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Pibborando San posted:

I can't see your shopping cart dude, what is it?
Yes, hilarious. I am using my mom's horrible aiwa bookshelf speakers to test with, I literally just had plugged it in and put a record down.

I am building an MDF shelf for everything, that is my work table.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
I am about to pull the trigger on the Sony SXRD 50" (KDS-50A2020). Any one have this set and care to share their experience. (I have read the thread and it has been recommened a few times, but I am not sure if it was for the 2000 or the 2020).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Pibborando San posted:

Oh, it says "GameStop" on it. It's an input switcher isn't it.

Correct, I use it for my 360, Wii and PS2 all using component.

Also, it's not an Oppo DVD player, though I wish it is. It's a Samsung DVD-HD755 Upscaling DVD Player hooked up through HDMI directly into the TV.

Also like I said earlier, the picture is sorta old, so on the left side of everything there's a Slingbox.

Oh, and there's a Super Nintendo in the right drawer that's out of frame. :ninja:

fossil005
Mar 7, 2005

I'm about to add some more speakers, but they would be in the back of the room and not in the picture.

fossil005 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 10, 2007

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

New and improved!

Samsung LN-T4042H with Folding@Home running on PS3
Yamaha 6.1 Receiver
Wii
Plush Duck holding Wii Remotes, Nunchuks, Classic Controllers
Comcast Cable box
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player
PS3
Cable Modem
Router
Curious kitty about to try to squeeze into the area with the PS3

Gambles
Sep 14, 2005

If you like my body
and you think I'm sexy,
come on baby let me know

Sony KDFE50A10
4x1 HDMI Switch
Explorer 8300HD Cable Box
DVP-CX995V 400 Disc DVD changer
Xbox 360 Elite
360 HD DVD add on
Wii
PS2 x2
Xbox

Next on the list: Yamaha RX-V2700BL
maybe something to take better pictures with as well.

fahrvergnugen
Nov 27, 2003

Intergalactic proton-powered electrical tentacled REFRIGERATOR OF DOOM.
View from behind the couch. Pardon the awful-looking drywall patch, for some reason the flash on the camera makes it stand out. Also the lighting in here is not usually this harsh or bright, but I turned on the overhead flourescents because none of the photos were coming out with the room's normal ambient light. Usually it's not even noticeable at all.

• Polk RT800i tower speakers
  • Polk CS400i center. This thing is so awesome. I'll never understand why people cheap out on their centers.
  • Polk PSW12 sub (floor model, picked up for $200 already nice & broken-in, or else I would have gotten a Velodyne).
  • Polk R10 surrounds (not pictured, came free with my towers and I've never bothered to upgrade them).
  • Sony KDS-50A2000 TV. It's my baby.

View of the left shelf:

• Playstation 3
  • JVC SVHS VCR that I got on a whim for $40 new last year
  • Old-rear end Sony STR-DE835 receiver. It's really holding everything else back.
  • X-Box 360 with HD-DVD add-on
  • Series 2 DirecTivo. Currently balancing my loathing of Comcast against my loathing of DirecTV's HD-DVR against my love of Tivo against my desire to get HD broadcasts against Holy poo poo, S3 Tivo's Are $800?

View of the under-TV shelves:

• Wii
  • Center channel again
  • PS2 slim (the fullsize wore out).
  • Pelican videogame component switchbox. It's manual, which kinda sucks.

Not pictured:
  • About half the classic gaming machines ever released in the United States
  • DDR pads
  • Guitar Hero controllers
  • Steel Battalion
  • Airport Express
  • UPS on television so fans don't stop until the bulb is cool

I wish I could make the room less a TELEVISION SHRINE and more an area for people that also features the TV, but since this is just a rental I did what I could to make the room sound awesome and just lived with that.

fahrvergnugen fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 11, 2007

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

What kind of stands are those fahrvergnugen? I really like the component stand.

fahrvergnugen
Nov 27, 2003

Intergalactic proton-powered electrical tentacled REFRIGERATOR OF DOOM.

Scrapez posted:

What kind of stands are those fahrvergnugen? I really like the component stand.

That's a Gusdorf. Circuit City pressed particle-board special, but they could handle the weight of my old 32" HD CRT no problem. Reinforced metal frame, looks like the pricey nicey stuff, inexpensive.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Just got this set up last night.

TV/monitor Samsung Syncmaster 940mw 1440x900
Mac mini 1st gen ppc 1.42 1 gig ram 80 gig hdd.
WD mybook 160 gig external.
Xbox360 20 gig hdd, live gold running at 1080i.
Logitech 4.1 sysetem.

Custom made cedar computer desk.

What is a good system with out a place to sit in style.

This is to watch cable and pass out in.

I highly suggest you all get one of these chairs.

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

coltron4040 posted:

Dude where did you get it and how can I get it too.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Pibborando San posted:

Dude where did you get it and how can I get it too.

Wow an ugly version of the Eames lounge.

Cheatz
Mar 10, 2004

by Lowtax
That looks like a very comfortable chair and i must know where to get one, although in a different colour. Please fill us in.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

ShaneB posted:

Wow an ugly version of the Eames lounge.
A Plycraft version to be exact, which is why when I recovered it I didn't feel to bad about overstuffing it and putting a whole undyed buffalo hide on it. The foam I took out was really horrible, they used carpet padding in 2 of the cushions.

It was not fun to sit in before.

For all you who want a actual Eames good luck. As this is the first time I have found a knockoff at a good price,
For instance.

This makes me want to start a Cool furniture thread in the near future.

chuckelZ
Jun 7, 2004

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
Just got an HDTV (cheapie 720P no name for 630 after discounts at CC) and Xbox HD-DVD player.

In picture: Crappy iMac from 2000 (Goodwill: $20), Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox HD-DVD Drive (why don't they make them in black?), Soft-Modded Xbox, Wii

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

coltron4040 posted:

This makes me want to start a Cool furniture thread in the near future.

I think you should, well designed furniture is ace. Where would it go though? Its not really a/v, but I cant think of anywhere else it would go.

As an aside, youve done a really good job restoring that. How much did you pay for it?

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

cubicle gangster posted:

I think you should, well designed furniture is ace. Where would it go though? Its not really a/v, but I cant think of anywhere else it would go.

As an aside, youve done a really good job restoring that. How much did you pay for it?

I'm guessing PYF.

$300, for the chair, and it was in parts, $150 in leather, it has a buffalo nipple on the armrest :rock:, and $50 for foam, so 500 so far. I still find it way better then any 500 dollar chair I have seen in stores lately.

And I have no buyers remorse at all.

j4cbo
Nov 1, 2004
huh?
I should really finish casing up the Dynahi at some point.

- Slim Devices Transporter
- Dynahi (DIY, incomplete)
- Sennheiser HD650

In picture, not currently part of the audio system:
- Slim Devices SLIMP3
- Logitech Harmony 880
- RCA VoltOhmyst Junior (circa 1940, still works fine)
- Ugly vase (it's not quite so bad in person as in the photo)
- Other bits of experimental electronics

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong
You guys have some really good looking systems. Here's my contribution to the thread.

I took the first picture right after I got the TV. MMMMMM, HD football! The second pic is me playing HL2 on my PC. I had it hooked up via HDMI so I could check out the 1080p goodness, which of course Sony said I couldn't do. And don't mind all the Christmas decorations. Its the most recent picture I have of the setup. Currently its got a ton of baby toys lying around in front of it, along with a baby barrier to prevent curious fingers from poking around. Shown in the picture are:

Sony 60A2000 SXRD
Xbox 360
Generic Toshiba DVD player
Directv HR10-250 HDDVR
Pioneer VSX-D509S reciever
Pioneer 25 disc CD jukebox
Polk speakers
Sony center channel
Sony SAWM40 sub

Not pictured is the Harmony 880 remote. Possibly one of the greatest things ever created, I just love it.

The stand is a home-built unit my father in law built for me. The two cubby holes on the sides are meant for drawers containing DVD storage racks, but we're still working on that. Also, the HD Tivo from Directv has since been replaced with the newer HR20 HDDVR. People, if you have the older HR10-250 and you can put off having to get the HR20, do it. I've had the new one for about 4 months now and the Tivo interface is just so much better. But, the new DVR was the only way for me to get my local channels in HD, so I went ahead and switched.

I'd like a different/better DVD player, but I think I'll just let the HD format war brew for another 6 months to a year and just get one of the cheaper HDDVD or Blu-Ray players.

I think the jukebox is about ready to leave the arena. I never use it, and I just use the 360 for media streaming (BTW, I'm having some issues w/ Tversity and transcoding video if anyone has any tips).

vwman18 fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 16, 2007

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!
All of my AV is hooked up via my PC so basically, my PC is my media centre. We have a 42" Sharp Aquos downstairs but I have yet to setup any audio seperates on it...soon!

Anyway, here's my entertainment:

Kenwood KRV7050 amp

Some thick speaker cable running around connected to my Tannoy M3s

When it's late I have the Sennheiser HD485 too

And a nice 2007WFP to watch on

mrk fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 17, 2007

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Sith Happens posted:

Samsung HL-S6187 61" 1080p DLP
Onkyo HT-R510 6.1 channel receiver
Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD-DVR via HDMI (Charter cable)
Panasonic CV37 5-disc DVD player via component
Nintendo GameCube via component
MacBook Pro via DVI/HDMI (Front Row, iPhoto, iTunes, web browsing, games, etc.)
G4 PowerBook (only audio to receiver, iTunes master playlist on shuffle/repeat for "always on" music on that input)

I posted that back on Page 4, but since getting back from a recent cruise, my setup has taken on a bit of a Caribbean theme.

vwman18 posted:

MMMMMM, HD football!

I'm counting down the days until football season. For me, it's why HDTV was invented.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

coltron4040 posted:

I'm seconding the awesomeness of the Eames chair, but for the more cost concious, something that is almost as comfortable, and a lot cheaper.

The Ikea Poäng chair and footstool:

This combo is only AUD$238.

I used to have one, but left it with my former roommates now I don't have the space anymore.

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

mrk posted:

Anyway, here's my entertainment:

So is photography a hobby or your job? Nice pics.

Beautiful speakers too.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Pibborando San posted:

So is photography a hobby or your job? Nice pics.

Beautiful speakers too.

Thanks! maybe one day I can save enough to buy a valve amp as some of the guys above, they just look/sound amazing :O

Currently photography = a hobby but I do freelance stuff too, kind of an ongoing process :p

evilZardoz
Feb 3, 2007
Titled at E55 while drunken
Everything's in a state of flux right now, but:

LG 50" 720p plasma
Denon AVC-A1SR (Aussie version of the AVR-5803)
Marantz DV-8300 DVD-A/SACD player (LOVE the two channel performance of this thing)
2x B&W DM604 S2
2x B&W CDM 7SE
Dali Suite 0.8 centre speaker
2x Dali Blue 3003
2x Dali SWA 15 subwoofers
XBOX 360, XBOX, Sony MDS-JB980 Net-MD, airport express etc.

Once it's all set up properly, I'll have to grab some pics.

For two channel listening, I currently have a pair of B&W DM601s, old Sansui AU-417 amp and I alternate between my Sennheiser HD-600 and HD-650 cans.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Bitchin plycraft. I hope to pick up a Denon AVR 2600 to replace my current receiver, 90$ is a steal if its in good condition. Need a phono amp tho now, anyone have that website for the cheap listings of phono amps, they're all in the 50$ range?

antihero
Oct 11, 2004

metaxus posted:

I'm seconding the awesomeness of the Eames chair, but for the more cost concious, something that is almost as comfortable, and a lot cheaper.

The Ikea Poäng chair and footstool:

This combo is only AUD$238.

I used to have one, but left it with my former roommates now I don't have the space anymore.

I've got two of those, it really helps to have an ottoman.

app13pi3
Jun 24, 2007

Macbook Pro
Acer 24" widescreen LCD
Logitech X 530 5.1 surround sound speakers
Schecter C1 Classic (vine of life inlay) Guitar
Zoom MRT drum pad

the headphones are just crappy $20 knock offs.

other random info:
wireless keyboard and mouse (both apple brand). I've got the guitar and drumpad connected through my computer; I'm actually running them through the lovely little 10 watt amp under the desk and into my audio in on my laptop. I'm thinking about buying a MIDI controller/Audio interface so I can get them properly connected for when I'm messing around in ableton Live. And I've also got a firewire MyBook 500GB HDD hooked up (excellent external drive).

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo

cubicle gangster posted:

CC, furniture design is design.

Rolodex Propaganda
Oct 4, 2003

Fall in love with spines
mrk, are your speakers located in a totally different place than your computer?

phunkdust
Sep 12, 2006
pants included at no extra charge
My basic little bedroom setup, nothing fancy :unsmith:

AMI Jørgen turntable
Yamaha Natural Sound K-340 Casette
Yamaha Natural Sound RX-V480 Amp
Vifa 5.25" bookshelf speakers with D19 tweeter

I'd like to get a Natural Sound EQ and turntable to have a complete kit that all looks the same. I do like the Vifas though, will keep them until they die cos they sound great.

Bonus arty closeup shot:

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

I got a new amp today for £125 ;o

Rotel RA-02

This amp certainly has more detail than my Kenwood AV receiver it replaces, playing Jack Johnson there is more liveliness in many of the tracks especially songs like Drink the Water from the Brushfire Fairytales album, the backing just comes to life and sounds like it's live.

I will buy a sub later down the line as it has pre-outs and make use of extra bass that my speakers cannot output but other than that I am very happy. I will keep this as a life long stereo amp I think. Will get some better speakers in the near future though just to see how much better it can get.

Bargain!

Rolodex Propaganda posted:

mrk, are your speakers located in a totally different place than your computer?

No sir! they are behind me at each corner of the room like this!

mrk fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolodex Propaganda
Oct 4, 2003

Fall in love with spines
Oh, okay. The first batch of pictures didn't make much sense to me at first. Where'd you snag that RA-02?