Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
FMW 12/9/99

Jado & Gedo d. American Dragon & Lance Cade when Jado pinned Dragon (13:43)

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Well then, Jesus. I used to feel bad for people who had to take Roderick Strong's chops, those kicks that were being dished out were on a whole other level.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Poor Danielson, NOAH is jobbing the gently caress out of Richards on this tour which means Danielson is losing like every match :(

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

FMW 12/9/99

Jado & Gedo d. American Dragon & Lance Cade when Jado pinned Dragon (13:43)

:aaa:

Isn't that the show Shawn Michaels was on under the condition his students could be on the show?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They were on the whole tour, but it makes sense that Shawn was the bridge.

Also, Akiyama is showing NO REMORSE in jobbing out Davey.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRayPer posted:

Poor Danielson, NOAH is jobbing the gently caress out of Richards on this tour which means Danielson is losing like every match :(

I believe Richards had committed some kind of cultural faux paux by screaming like a girl every time he kicked someone. Either that or KENTA requested he be put on the learning tree.

AmDrag has also shown up on NOAH shows before(I believe) so he's probably going to have a mixed run unless the promoters go apeshit over him.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'd just like to say that I think the whole Young Lion thing is retarded. :colbert:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
You take that back mister :mad:

The slow but steady progression thing is tried and true and has been part of countless classics.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/68811
THIS WEEK: a look at wrestling deaths and why Japan is so different from the US

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
I think another contributing factor is that its easier to maintain your body at a higher body fat percentage. Less fatigue, less chance of injury and such forth. There is less emphasis on "the look" in Japan, so there's less wear and tear on their bodies that way.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Eddie mentioned once that when he let himself add like ten pounds of fat, it felt like he was wearing padding.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
So I found out something very odd today.

Over the last two years one of the common Dragon Gate double-teams, especially involving CIMA, involves one teammate picking up the victim wheelbarrow-style and then the other teammate gets underneath so the victim lands on his knees, like a reverse lungblower. This move is often accompanied by the yelling of a word that sounds like "supa-drone" or "supa-droll". Well it's actually Superdrol, and the move is named that after an anabolic steroid CIMA found while in the US

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
In HUSTLE news:

Muta's crotch misting attack, besides knocking Yinling the gently caress out, has appearantly made her pregnant too. She is already experiencing some severe bouts of evening sickness.

Her kid already seems to possess an uncanny sense of timing too: Instead of the usual 9 month waiting period, he is scheduled to be born on November's HUSTLE MANIA.

I love this company.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 13, 2007

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I know it's asking too much but I really want the baby to be Danshoku Dino. He could be the evil counterpart to HG.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
I hope she gives birth to Esperanza who fucks some poo poo up

Gus Sawchuk
Jul 13, 2001
I just got back from the NOAH show at Budokan. It was decent, with the match of the night being Marufuji/Ibushi vs. KENTA/Ishomori. The 6 man tag involving Danielson was kind of disappointing and way too short. And the crowd didn't seem to give a crap about the Briscoes even though they put on a pretty good match. Anyways, here are some pics. Sorry about the blurriness but my camera is a piece of crap.

The ring before the show

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I heard that because of the big storm that only the lower section had many people, confirm/deny.

Gus Sawchuk
Jul 13, 2001
There was a typhoon here but on the day of the show it wasn't very bad. The arena was almost completely full, with only a few seats at the very top empty.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Hey Ditch, what did you think about Marufuji/Ifushi vs. KENTA/Ishimori? I enjoyed the heck out of it and I was wondering if it's an MOTYC for you.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
'07 has so far struck me as a weaker year than '06, though I have yet to see the most-pimped ROH stuff to date... but anyway it just might be at that tier for this year. I really didn't enjoy the "motyc" Briscoes vs Suzuki/Marvin match from January, because the spots didn't flow very well. This match, however, did.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
:siren: NOAH's director Ryu Nakata said on Samurai TV that Samoa Joe was coming to NOAH's show in Yokohama on October 25th. :siren:

:dance:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

:siren: NOAH's director Ryu Nakata said on Samurai TV that Samoa Joe was coming to NOAH's show in Yokohama on October 25th. :siren:

:dance:

whooo. Finally, Joe gets to work a proper match again.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Apparently NOAH has been asking for him for a couple months, and they recently announced having a working agreement with TNA. TNA's getting a lot of recognition at the moment, Akiyama had his eye on Joe for a while, there you go. He won't do tours but he might be important enough now to warrant getting flown in for one/a couple shows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Apparently NOAH has been asking for him for a couple months, and they recently announced having a working agreement with TNA. TNA's getting a lot of recognition at the moment, Akiyama had his eye on Joe for a while, there you go. He won't do tours but he might be important enough now to warrant getting flown in for one/a couple shows.

The only thing I'm worried about is if Joe wins the GHC(?) Heavyweight title and TNA does yet another "hay! lets fight over this big pile of belts!!!1" angle.

How is IGF faring without its main title?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

The only thing I'm worried about is if Joe wins the GHC(?) Heavyweight title and TNA does yet another "hay! lets fight over this big pile of belts!!!1" angle.

How is IGF faring without its main title?

There's no chance of Joe winning the GHC title while under a TNA contract and it'd take him awhile to become a legit title threat even if he did NOAH full time. Plus this fall should begin the build to Morishima winning the GHC title anyway, assuming he's lost the ROH belt by then.

And I don't think IGF has even run a second show yet.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
IGF's second show is next month IIRC and they already have Angle lined up.

Oh gosh hope that doesn't spoil Hard Justice :v:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

IGF's second show is next month IIRC and they already have Angle lined up.

Oh gosh hope that doesn't spoil Hard Justice :v:

Ah so TNA will book the ol' one hour draw to keep the IGF belt where it is!

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

MassRayPer posted:

Ah so TNA will book the ol' one hour draw to keep the IGF belt where it is!

:laugh: I'm glad you've at least got some faith that Kurt isn't winning.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
From what I understand, Samurai TV and Japanese wrestling shows and PPVs are carried on Direct TV. Is this just in Japan, or if I get Direct TV would I be able to get those too?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They aren't available here.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
Important question: has anyone ever had a better theme song than Stan Hansen?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Terry Funk's TERRRRYYYYYY song clearly trumps all.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster
Any interesting backstory behind the Tokyo Dome show in 1990 with Hansen and Hogan on top?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

HwoodNG posted:

Any interesting backstory behind the Tokyo Dome show in 1990 with Hansen and Hogan on top?

I think it was originally going to be Hogan vs. Gordy.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
According to Wikipedia, Gordy didn't want to job to Hogan, but Hansen was cool with it.

Speaking of Hansen, I just saw his 1990 match with Steve Williams. Decent old-fashioned brawl, but I marked like crazy for the first lariat I've ever seen Hansen do. Holy poo poo that is awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

coagulate posted:

According to Wikipedia, Gordy didn't want to job to Hogan, but Hansen was cool with it.

Speaking of Hansen, I just saw his 1990 match with Steve Williams. Decent old-fashioned brawl, but I marked like crazy for the first lariat I've ever seen Hansen do. Holy poo poo that is awesome.

Hansen is a loon. Have you seen the 89(or was it 93?) match between him and Vader. He hits Vader so hard, Vader's eye pops out.

Spoiled in case you want to keep that a surprise.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

coconono posted:

Hansen is a loon. Have you seen the 89(or was it 93?) match between him and Vader. He hits Vader so hard, Vader's eye pops out.

Spoiled in case you want to keep that a surprise.

More importantly Vader pops it back in.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coagulate posted:

Not all of Hansen's lariats are mindblowing, but considering how basic a move it is, he's done FAR more than his share.

Also, they had two matches in '90. If it's the match with blood, it's from June and is the better of the two. The September match for the title has a good last couple minutes but not much else.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/69534
This week: lookin' at Joe to NOAH, Misawa to ROH, and TNA getting its finger in a lot of pies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

RheinholdMessner posted:

Important question: has anyone ever had a better theme song than Stan Hansen?

I always liked Abdullah the Butcher's music, and Hayabusa's FMW theme was pretty neat.