Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TheDuelies posted:

That pop is going to be huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That isn't just big for NOAH, it's big for puro as a whole.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

That isn't just big for NOAH, it's big for puro as a whole.

Hopefully they'll start getting out of cruise control.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Ditch posted:

As (I think) was hinted at earlier ITT, the AJ '90s project!

http://www.theditch.biz/project.html

Deadline is 12/3 at 8:59 AM EST
Don't forget!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Guys, don't watch Misawa vs Marufuji.

:(

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

I almost died laughing at the botched facelock.

Match was really not that bad until the Super Tiger Driver

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

Ditch posted:

Awww man, I was excited to see Marufuji in a big match again.

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

Ditch posted:

the question is HOW can I watch this?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Artemis Entreri posted:

the question is HOW can I watch this?
Well if it's any good I host it and if it's not good why watch it huh :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Well if it's any good I host it and if it's not good why watch it huh :colbert:

Not a Mystery Science Theater fan are you.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Former IWGP champion Tadao Yasuda apparently attempted suicide.

Like everything else in his life, he failed.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
Bell is having a free preview of the fight network for the next month. Take some time to enjoy Mauro commentating on old NOAH matches.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

New Japan Results for 10/8

1. Koji Kanemoto d Tetsuya Naito, Jado, Gedo, Taichi Ishikari, Yujiro and Tiger Mask (12:28 ) when he used an Ankle Lock on Naito.
Order of Elimination: Jado and Gedo, Tiger Mask, Ishikari, Yujiro, Naito
2. Riki Choshu, Masahiro Chono, Super Strong Machine, Jushin Thunder Liger and AKIRA d Manabu Nakanishi, Takashi Iizuka, Naofumi Yamamoto, Takashi Uwano and Mitsuhide Hirasawa (7:56) when Chono used a Shining Yakuza Kick on Iizuka.
3. Giant Bernard, Travis Tomko and Prince Devitt d Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii and Tomoaki Honma (11:02) when Bernard pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
4. Akebono d Milano Collection A.T. (6:16) with the Bono Lock
5. Togi Makabe d Shiro Koshinaka (10:22) with the Top Rope King Kong Knee-drop.
6. Hirooki Goto d Hiroyoshi Tenzan (18:05) with the Shouten.
7. IWGP Junior Title - Ryusuke Taguchi © d Minoru (17:37) with the Dodon.
8. IWGP Heavyweight Title - Hiroshi Tanahashi d Yuji Nagata © (31:05) with the High Fly Flow. Tanahashi becomes the 47th champion.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Interesting booking because it's fairly certain Nakamura was supposed to win the G-1 and then face Nagata today. Nagata's reign is cut somewhat short but I think if NJ is smart he'll get another shot soon. Goto is likely Tanahashi's first challenger.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Hmm. I was hoping Goto would get a monster push straight off the bat and be the one to take the title from Nagata, but maybe that's just the naive mark in me. Sucks for Nagata though, he was having a great year.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I was kinda hoping to see Nagata vs Angle to unify the IWGP titles (Was there any truth to that talk?), but I guess that won't happen now unless they somehow switch the feud to Tanahashi.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

TheDuelies posted:

I was kinda hoping to see Nagata vs Angle to unify the IWGP titles (Was there any truth to that talk?), but I guess that won't happen now unless they somehow switch the feud to Tanahashi.
Nagata might have a match in IGF but it won't be vs Angle, the IWGP/IWGP talk was mostly based on Nagata and Angle being friends through the amateur wrestling scene and wanting to have it. Politics would never have allowed it. Hell IGF might not even get Angle back, he wasn't on their 2nd card and isn't announced for anything upcoming.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
So it looks like I'm right and wrong.

NJ announced that its 1/4 Tokyo Dome show this year will be based around NJ vs TNA, with the main event probably involving the fake IWGP title. To me this implies that IGF has lost Angle.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Ditch posted:

So it looks like I'm right and wrong.

NJ announced that its 1/4 Tokyo Dome show this year will be based around NJ vs TNA, with the main event probably involving the fake IWGP title. To me this implies that IGF has lost Angle.

What a shame. I'm sure Kurt and Inoki could have spent the rest of their lives together just talking about stuff they're going to do.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

NJ announced that its 1/4 Tokyo Dome show this year will be based around NJ vs TNA

How the mighty have fallen.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
TNA is in much better shape than NJ. Both lose money but TNA's backers are worth a ton more and are less stingy. It's not like Big Japan putting all their eggs in the Zandig basket.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ditch posted:

TNA is in much better shape than NJ. Both lose money but TNA's backers are worth a ton more and are less stingy. It's not like Big Japan putting all their eggs in the Zandig basket.

It's still TNA.

eiddetham
Sep 22, 2003

Tap bitch.
so...I'm going to be in Tokyo on the 25th, so I was thinking of taking the train to Yokohama and catch the morishima-misawa vs. Joe-Smith main event Noah card.

Ditch, or anyone who has a record of attending live Noah shows in Japan, is it hard to just pick up tickets at the event?

Oh, I'm going to be in Tokyo the 27th also, when Misawa takes on Joe, but alas, I'll have a wedding to attend.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Very little chance that Yokohama show sells out. VERY little. But just to be safe go to the venue early and then spend the day being touristy or something.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I am just now getting in to Japan based wrestling. Mostly Noah but I also really like the Dragon Gate guys I've seen in ROH. Is there anyway to get the Noah or Dragon Gate shows with subtitles?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Subtitling commentary would be absurd. It will never be done.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ditch posted:

Subtitling commentary would be absurd. It will never be done.

I am very uneducated in the ways of this stuff so pardon me if this is really stupid. Why is that?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Announcers say so much more than, for instance, dialog on an anime. It would take an eternity.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl

funmanguy posted:

I am very uneducated in the ways of this stuff so pardon me if this is really stupid. Why is that?
Noah is on the fight network with MAURO~! (and guest) doing commentary. They have some UWF-i and other jazz as well. If you are in Canada you can get it free for November (if you're using Bell). I am a filthy shill.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

RheinholdMessner posted:

Noah is on the fight network with MAURO~! (and guest) doing commentary. They have some UWF-i and other jazz as well. If you are in Canada you can get it free for November (if you're using Bell). I am a filthy shill.
And next week they're airing one of the best matches of 2005, Kobashi vs. Sasaki. Not as good as the Kobashi/Shiosaki vs. KENSKEE OFFICE~! Match of the Year, but still awesome and I hope I can find some way to hear the Mauro version of the match at some point. I think the week after that they're airing the last Misawa/Kawada match ever, but I have to assume that was one of the ones that took place in like 2005 or some poo poo and is probably not as good as you would expect when you hear "Misawa vs. Kawada."

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Kawada only had the one match in NOAH. And sadly it didn't live up to the standard they set in the '90s, but it's still well worth seeing thanks to Kawada busting all kinds of rear end.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ditch posted:

Kawada only had the one match in NOAH. And sadly it didn't live up to the standard they set in the '90s, but it's still well worth seeing thanks to Kawada busting all kinds of rear end.

Was it against Misawa, because I think I am watching it right now.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yes, that would be the one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ditch what are the chances that the photographer guy who is at every ROH show with NOAH talent is the same guy who runs the NOAH USA website? Because if it is him I want to thank him for his amazing web design and truthful reporting.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I can all but guarantee that the Hawaii Office guy is with the NOAH wrestlers when they're in ROH.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I hate to make a typical noob post but work with me here.

I've watched a few NJPW videos lately and absolutely love what i've seen. My question/request is simply to help me get my footing in the promotion. Is there a place I could buy DVDs at?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

IntoTheNihil posted:

I hate to make a typical noob post but work with me here.

I've watched a few NJPW videos lately and absolutely love what i've seen. My question/request is simply to help me get my footing in the promotion. Is there a place I could buy DVDs at?

IVPvideos.com

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Captain Charisma posted:

IVPvideos.com

You're the man. This is a goldmine.

Any suggestions?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

IntoTheNihil posted: