Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://bptv.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/071015/071015134.html
http://bptv.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/070810/070810141.html
ENJOY THESE CARS OR HE WILL KNEE YOU IN THE FACE :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Awww KENTA :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/71503
THIS WEEK: Quackenbush interview!

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/70980
3 WEEKS AGO: Davey Richards interview!

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster
Great interview.

I found this funny, courtesy dgusa:

quote:

23 Oct 2007 Dragon Gate - Europe

10/22/2007 IWW Dublin, Ireland
-Kid Cash{W}, Madman Manson (16:01 Vertical Drop Brainbuster) Keni'chiro Arai, Lupin Matsutani{L}

10/23/2007 After the IWW Show, At a Disco in Dublin, Ireland
-Irish Wrestlers (KO after 3 Hours) Keni'chiro Arai
*Drinking Shots Bomber (Whiskey, Vodka, Tequila)

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

quote:

Q: In addition to global success, you've also had arguably your best year ever in the States. The big win over Hero in CHIKARA, debuting in ROH, winning the Ted Petty Invitational tournament and IWA Mid-South title in the process... what do you think caused so much to happen so close together?

A: I have been eating especially large bowls of Lucky Charms this year.
Ah, Quack.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
I'm planning on being in Japan for Sakuraba vs. Funaki at K-1 on 12/31. While I'm there (probably from Dec 26th to Jan 2nd) I'd love to hit up some smaller shows like NOAH, AJPW, DEEP, ZST, Shooto, HUSTLE if there are any going on. Can anyone help point me in the direction of a site or something where I can find out about upcoming wrestling/MMA events in Japan and maybe even get tickets in advance?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
-Joe pinned Misawa in his debut tag.

-This link plus babelfish is the best 'upcoming shows' resource: http://www6.nikkansports.com/battle/schedule/bt-schedule.html

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Ditch posted:

-This link plus babelfish is the best 'upcoming shows' resource: http://www6.nikkansports.com/battle/schedule/bt-schedule.html

Perfect, thanks!

Looks like I might aim to leave on the 21st so I can catch some combination of Dragon Gate on the 23rd, HUSTLE on the 25th, Smack Girl on the 26th, Dragon Gate on the 28th, DDT on the 30th, then K-1 on the 31st. That's a lot of shows though so I'm sure I'll miss a few depending on what I'm doing out there and where each of them are. Actually all of them are at Korakuen Hall except for the first Dragon Gate so I'll probably miss that one.

I wish the schedule worked out so I could go to IGF on the 20th. I still haven't seen the second show but I love that style.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Korakuen Hall has more wrestling shows per year than any US state. Or probably any two US states combined. It's amazing.

eiddetham
Sep 22, 2003

Tap bitch.
I made it to the Misawa-Joe tag match last night. The show overall was pretty good, but I was really surprised how small the venue was. I got the go2sleep brown kenta hoody, so that really made the whole show worth it.

I'll post my crappy pics when I get back to the states early next week if anybody cares.

It was cool being able to see Taka Michinoku, definitely a highlight for me. D-lo also impressed me a lot more then I was expecting.

I'm glad to see the flying headbutt off the top isn't as taboo here in Japan, as it was done at least more than twice during the night.

Misawa really looks bad in person. I wonder how he's gonna come off in NYC. I mean the dude looked fat and out of shape. So who is supposed to be taking the title from him? Cause that needs to happen fast.

There was an audible gasp of surprise when Joe pinned Misawa cleanly after what looked like a botched musclebuster(not Joe's fault). The pin came rather abruptly and was a bit anticlimactic. Joe stalked Misawa after the match as he lay on the floor hurt,sort of Randy Orton like, heeling it up for the big Misawa comeback on saturday. I won't be able to go cause I have a wedding to attend, but I sort of have a feeling of what I'm going to be missing after watching the tag and I'm Ok with it.

Anyway, good show overall, and I wish I could make it to one of their bigger Tokyo shows in the future. Psyched for Kobashi's December return!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's so many shames about Misawa. I feel like if he ended up taking a good 6-8 months off he'd be able to do a couple things. First of all he could trim down and rest. Secondly he can try and figure out a way to wrestle around his limitations instead of just loving doing the same poo poo that doesn't work for him anymore. With Kobashi coming back the time is fast approaching where he has to do his since if he waits longer he'll be too old for it to even matter!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't think Misawa has missed a single tour since at least 1990 and probably before that. He's had shoulder problems, knee problems, broken orbital bone, concussions, and he just won't stop. He needs time off so bad but won't quit :(

Also, Joe supposedly won with the Island Driver/Emerald Frosion.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Is there any chance this was taped?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's not 100%. Small venue, wasn't announced in advance as a taping. I think there's a chance they'll put it online though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I could see it being a special feature for the American DVD. I just got the Double Budokan release they did and discovered Gabe and Cary do commentary for matches from the July show. Surreal. (I think the other one is Cary, they don't identify who it is but I can't see who it would be if it isn't.)

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Two title changes on the NOAH show. WAS ONE OF THEM THE GHC TITLE~?~?~??~?~?~?~?~?~?

No.

quote:

10/27/2007
Tokyo Nippon Budokan, 14,000 Fans(No Vacancy) (I'm going to bet it's 10k or more legit.)

1. Junji Izumida and Tsutomu Hirayanagi beat Mitsuo Momota and Akihiko Ito in 9:00 after Izumida used the Meteorite on Ito.
2. Tamon Honda, Masao Inoue and Tsuyoshi Kikuchi beat Kentaro Shiga, Kishin Kawabata and Makoto Hashi in 14:38 when Masao Inoue used the Argentine Backbreaker on Hashi.
3. Takeshi Morishima, Mohammed Yone and Taiji Ishimori beat Yoshinari Ogawa, Doug Williams and Bobby Fish in 13:17 after Yone used the Muscle Buster on Bobby Fish.
4. Akitoshi Saito and Taka Michinoku beat Jun Akiyama and Atsushi Aoki in 11:42 after Taka used the Just Facelock on Aoki.
5. Akira Taue, KENTA and Go Shiosaki beat Yoshihiro Takayama, Takuma Sano and Ricky Marvin in 15:26 after Go used the Go Flasher on Marvin.
6. GHC Jr. Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru beat Mushiking Terry in 22:22 with the Touch Out to become the 14th Champion. Terry loses in his first defense.
7. GHC Heavyweight Tag Titles: Naomichi Marufuji and Takashi Sugiura beat D'Lo Brown and Bull Buchanan in 26:17 after Sugiura used the Olympic Slam on Buchanan to become the 16th Champions. RO&D loses in their first defense.
8. GHC Heavyweight Title: Mitsuharu Misawa defeated Samoa Joe in 17:14 after an elbow smash to the back of the head. Misawa retained in his 6th defense.

Kenta Kobashi's return match was announced for 12/2 as Kenta Kobashi and Yoshihiro Takayama vs Mitsuharu Misawa and Jun Akiyama.

I've heard that basically the match was just getting awesome and all of the sudden it ended, and that Misawa worked harder than usual.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Fun fact: Kobashi/Takayama vs Misawa/Akiyama was going to be Takayama's return match in July, but then the cancer hit and Kobashi was replaced with Sasaki.

Akiyama will be struck by lightning next week

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Any pictures of Kobashi yet? Supposedly he looked fantastic.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

MassRayPer posted:

Any pictures of Kobashi yet? Supposedly he looked fantastic.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!
Just saw Joe vs Misawa and it was pretty much what you'd expect. The crowd didn't seem to be into the match except for some big spots and the ending, which just kinda ended. The only completely blown spot (that I remember now) was Joe's jumping bicycle kick in the corner, which he barely tagged Misawa with on the shoulder and that they just played off like he missed it. Joe playing a bit of a heel was cool, as at one point he flipped off the crowd.

I'm sure Joe was happy to go to NOAH and wrestle Misawa, so goodtimes.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It was really obvious they haven't faced off before. As broken down as Misawa is, if they'd had more time they could have changed things up rather than just doing trademarks 99% of the way. Also I'm getting really sick of Misawa's "time to go home"-style comebacks, and I can almost guarantee the KENTA match will go the same way.

The July '06 Budokan was their last sellout of the venue. The December show should sell out well in advance.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
As far as I can tell from the pictures, the storyline of the match is going to be "Akiyama is excited that his old friend is back to beat the crap out of him. Misawa does not approve of Kenta's choice of onions for lunch"

Pakelika
May 13, 2005

Work It! Thats Right! Awwww Yeah!
Think some of you fans of this thread might enjoy this little video from a game called skate for the Xbox360.

So far its the best I can do, but isn't that bad.

KENTA's Busaiku Knee Kick

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://factio.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=154580&csid=0
If only they weren't so expensive.

And on another continent.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ahahahaha what the hell are those?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

ahahahaha what the hell are those?
An attempt to pass Misawa's neckbeard off as a 'mane'.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

Marufuji Kangaroo is awesome. And he even has CANDY!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

TheDuelies posted:

Marufuji Kangaroo is awesome. And he even has CANDY!

KENTAFuji = PANDARoo

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

Not that one, this one:

CANDY!

Plus the yellow pants are cooler. :colbert:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OH MY GOD LOWTAX STAY OUT OF THE RING

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I really hate Japan. There's no country better at creeping me out, and the Morishima one takes the cake. God drat.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 11, 2007

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

HulkaMatt posted:

OH MY GOD LOWTAX STAY OUT OF THE RING

someone edit it to look better or buy it for him because lol.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Apparently Hiroshi Tanahashi and Hiroki Goto had some out of this world great match last night for the IWGP title.

Oh and Ron Killings missed his flight for his match with Tiger Mask.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mbil9h
Jumbo Kiku & Terry Sanshiro vs Takan Hansen & Bruiser Minody

This is the best match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It is amazing that NJPW will work with TNA after they brought Tanahashi over and had him lose by DQ to Styles via Shannon Moore running in. I've never bothered to watch the match but it sounds like the level of how Liger was booked by Russo in WCW. And then there's letting Angle parade around the fake IWGP title for months.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

Ditch posted:

This is the best match

Does this link work for anyone? It's not for me. :(

edit - Works for me now! Thanks.

TheDuelies fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 17, 2007

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

MassRayPer posted:

It is amazing that NJPW will work with TNA after they brought Tanahashi over and had him lose by DQ to Styles via Shannon Moore running in. I've never bothered to watch the match but it sounds like the level of how Liger was booked by Russo in WCW. And then there's letting Angle parade around the fake IWGP title for months.
Completely different with Tanahashi coming in, he looked good in that match and neither of them was going to job. As far as Angle goes, it looks like TNA might feed Angle to an NJ guy in which case NJ will let bygones be bygones.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Completely different with Tanahashi coming in, he looked good in that match and neither of them was going to job. As far as Angle goes, it looks like TNA might feed Angle to an NJ guy in which case NJ will let bygones be bygones.

The DQ isn't as important as it is that he was brought over and was second fiddle to Shannon Moore and a match that never even happened since TNA didn't have him under contract. The way TNA talked about him and built him up made him seem totally unimportant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Destructo
Jun 14, 2005

My SKULL!

Ditch posted:

This is the best match

This is MINDBLOWING.