Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

Ditch posted:

I almost lost it during the entrance.

i just lost it

edit: as soon as the audience exploded screaming KO-BA-SHI! I would love a Mutoh/Kobashi singles match. Has it happened?

Artemis Entreri fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No, only Mutoh/Kawada

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Did Kawada win :)?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They've had a lot of matches. Like... 5 or 6.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

They've had a lot of matches. Like... 5 or 6.

Yeah but Kawada won the most right?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I think it's something like 2-2-1.

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot

Ditch posted:

Kawada/Kensuke from 2001/2002 was my personal favorite series

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Well drat :v:

Dr. Destructo
Jun 14, 2005

My SKULL!

Artemis Entreri posted:

i just lost it

edit: as soon as the audience exploded screaming KO-BA-SHI! I would love a Mutoh/Kobashi singles match. Has it happened?

Man, the slow pan across the front row all chanting his name with tears in their eyes. That's just something special. Just an unbelievably emotional match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

Well drat :v:

I know Ditch has at least one of their series on his site from I believe 2001. It's a really good match, well worth checking out.

RichestManInTown
May 1, 2004

People I meet keep getting torn into pieces.
I made it through the whole match but when the ref raised all their hands and his opponent held the ropes open for him I went all :cry:.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Puro needs more heel Misawa. That liver elbow was the poo poo.

Not like the fans would boo him against anyone else than Kobashi but it would've made his title reign about 489389 times more fun nonetheless.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Misawa can be a great heel at times. The Takayama return tag from last July featured him doing a bit of "I'll let Akiyama handle this" stuff, to great reactions. Also there's a tag from 2001 in Zero-One where he and Rikio face Naoya Ogawa and Murakami, and Misawa teases going at it with Ogawa to start only to tag out.

RheinholdMessner
May 12, 2001

by Fistgrrl
Does Kobashi only break out the moonsault for big shows now? Cause big guys with bad knees should not be doing moonsaults if they want a future full of walking.

The return match was glorious. Couldn't have been better.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He's only done like 4-7 moonsaults in NOAH's entire history.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/72367
THIS WEEK: I look at what NOAH can do next year, and chat up AMERICAN BALLOON~~

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Do any of you know what Hisakatsu Oya is doing now? I loved his FMW stuff, particularly the 30-min. draw he had with Hayabusa of all people. drat near carried 'Busa on his back to a good technical match. Anyone got any leads on him?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Your analysis is spot on Ditch. Doing Misawa vs Kobashi for the title in the Dome is just overkill, since as you say Morishima defending could draw in extra fans with the right opponent since no one is going to care if the Misawa vs Kobashi match is for the belt or not.

I just hope they realize this. Because Morishima needs to be the man in NOAH and soon or they are going to miss the boat at a time when they need to build that next big star before Kobashi is in a wheelchair in a few years. (Please don't end up in a wheel chair Kobashi.)

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

CombineThresher posted:

Do any of you know what Hisakatsu Oya is doing now? I loved his FMW stuff, particularly the 30-min. draw he had with Hayabusa of all people. drat near carried 'Busa on his back to a good technical match. Anyone got any leads on him?

It looks like he hasn't been up to too much lately from what I've been able to gather. He's a regular in a Hokkaido based company called Hokuto Pro Wrestling, but was lamenting the lack of bookings he's been able to get recently in a blog of his that I found. His wiki page also says he worked in Osaka Pro in 2005 and Muga World in 2006.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

MassRayPer posted:

I just hope they realize this. Because Morishima needs to be the man in NOAH and soon or they are going to miss the boat at a time when they need to build that next big star before Kobashi is in a wheelchair in a few years. (Please don't end up in a wheel chair Kobashi.)
I don't think that will happen. He's slowed things down a lot, even from after his '02 return, and doing a couple moonsaults a year and ten billion chops should allow him to keep going.

What I don't get is how Misawa isn't in a wheelchair by now. The man is Cal Ripken times fifty.

Carl Smoky posted:

It looks like he hasn't been up to too much lately from what I've been able to gather. He's a regular in a Hokkaido based company called Hokuto Pro Wrestling, but was lamenting the lack of bookings he's been able to get recently in a blog of his that I found. His wiki page also says he worked in Osaka Pro in 2005 and Muga World in 2006.
Who are you and how do you know more about puro than me :mad:

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

Ditch posted:

Who are you and how do you know more about puro than me :mad:

It's DEFINITELY not that I know more puro than you (in fact, I think I've only seen maybe two or three of Oya's matches years ago), it's just that I can speak and read Japanese fairly well and was able to look him up.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Carl Smoky posted:

It's DEFINITELY not that I know more puro than you (in fact, I think I've only seen maybe two or three of Oya's matches years ago), it's just that I can speak and read Japanese fairly well and was able to look him up.
Badass! You live there?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ditch posted:

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/72367
THIS WEEK: I look at what NOAH can do next year, and chat up AMERICAN BALLOON~~

When I was training at the Inoki Dojo American Balloon was training there as well. He is a really nice guy.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Polite, intelligent, generous (he put over the carcass of Robbie Ellis), hard to ask for more. And it must be stressed that he's only 20!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Carl Smoky posted:

Wow, thanks. I always liked that guy, good to know he's still backdropping people.

Second question; has Gran Naniwa ever hit that Crab Walk Elbow?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yes, though typically it's in tags with the victim held down.

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

Ditch posted:

Badass! You live there?

Nope, but I plan on doing the english teaching in Japan dealie after I graduate.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's some really wacky SEM show on the 23rd with a veterans vs. rookies theme

7th Match: SEMful Gift Special Tag Match 60 min Time Limit
Takeshi MORISHIMA & Go SHIOZAKI vs. Naomichi MARUFUJI & KENTA

6th Match: Atsushi AOKI's Challenge Match No.1 45 min Time Limit
Atsushi AOKI vs. Jun AKIYAMA

5th Match: Singles Match 20 min Time Limit
Ippei OTA vs. Mitsuharu MISAWA

4th Match: Singles Match 20 min Time Limit
Tsutomu HIRAYANAGI vs. Akira TAUE

3rd Match: Singles Match 20 min Time Limit
Shuhei TANIGUCHI vs. Muhammad YONE

2nd Match: Singles Match 20 min Time Limit
Akihiko ITO vs. Yoshinobu KANEMARU

1st Match: Singles Match 20 min Time Limit
Taiji ISHIMORI vs. Kotaro SUZUKI

I really want to see it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The main event has an "awesome match" theme though :colbert:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
More NJ 1/4/08 matches: Tanahashi vs Nakamura for the real IWGP title, and Hirooki Goto vs Great Muta. Could we see dueling Muta Scales?!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hm. I think that second match is going to need some help (BLOOOOOOOD) to be good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

More NJ 1/4/08 matches: Tanahashi vs Nakamura for the real IWGP title, and Hirooki Goto vs Great Muta. Could we see dueling Muta Scales?!

Did I miss something? Muta is working for New Japan again? Isn't he the president of the AJPW?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Did I miss something? Muta is working for New Japan again? Isn't he the president of the AJPW?

AJPW is a glorified indy and has no problems working with NJPW, they did so for the Dome show last year.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ditch posted:

More NJ 1/4/08 matches: Tanahashi vs Nakamura for the real IWGP title,

I am really excited about this match.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
AJ is bad but they're probably #3 from a business and credibility standpoint. Way ahead of, say, Z-1 or Big Japan, and they are a tad bigger than DG.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster
Awwwww...

quote:

DG and CIMA would like to thank the fans for the outpouring of support and worry over the injuries suffered by his groin area at the hands of Gamma. He will fight through the pain and participate on all shows.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

See Rob I told you the reason all the women fans are at Dragon Gate to see CIMA.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HulkaMatt posted:

See Rob I told you the reason all the women fans are at Dragon Gate to see CIMA.

They care about his groin v:)v

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Backstory on the CIMA thing:

Dragon Gate had their 3rd annual company-wide "King of Gate" singles tournament. CIMA vs Gamma was the final, and apparently Gamma low-blowed CIMA so hard that the ref had to legit stop the match. Somehow this meant Gamma won the entire tournament. They had a post-match angle where Dragon Kid (he's from the area of the show) beat Gamma in a quick match to try and salvage things.

So apparently this was the stiffest low blow ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I sincerely hope Takuya Sugi sticks with the Yoshitsune gimmick for a while now, because if he continues to bust out matches like the recent Tohoku Jr. Title match against GAINA, he might just become the next big thing in lucharesu. Sasuke liking him enough to book him over Liger might help a bit too.

Here's to hoping we'll see him in DG sometime next year and then he'll blow everyone's mind and then I'll say WELL I LIKED THE GUY WHEN HE WAS MINI-CIMA and go pout in the corner. :colbert: