Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

Kase Im Licht posted:

Also, the quads hand referenced above, how do I best try and get paid here.

I think I was in the SB with J8s. A bunch of limpers, I complete. Pot is around $15.

Flop: 888. I bet out $10, I get one caller.

Turn K. I bet about $15 here and he thought a while and folded. I guess I was hoping he might have a couple high cards and one of them was a king. If this was the case, I might have been able to get in 3 bets on the turn. Or I would be able to just call his reraise here and put in another bet on the river.

Alternatively, I could have tried to represent a bluff or a small pocket pair on the flop and check the turn, hoping he bets. Then I can either checkraise or wait for the river.

What do you think?

You can check the turn, and he'll bet if he hit the K. If he's tight, and you bet he might fold a pp. Most people won't, so you should keep betting, and not small bets - big bets. Its hard to get paid with Quads though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
:[
Hand #1332011501001457: Calgary (6-Max) 11501
Seat 2: ZeroStar (18.05 in chips)
Seat 5: Destro32 (59.00 in chips)
Seat 10: 4X4SMAN (5.90 in chips)
ZeroStar: posts small blind $0.10
Destro32: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to ZeroStar [ Qc Ac ]
4X4SMAN: calls
ZeroStar: raises to $0.80
Destro32: calls

*** FLOP *** [ Jc Qs 8s ]
ZeroStar: bets $1.90

4X4SMAN: folds
*** TURN *** [ 6c ]
ZeroStar: bets $4.50
Destro32: raises to $9

There is ~$19 in the pot and it's 4.50 to me to call, a little over 4:1 odds and I have $10.85 left behind.

Villain had been running really hot since I sat down, I never saw him showdown a bluff and he was involved in a good deal of hands. The table had only been 3 handed for about 12 hands, it was 6 when I sat down.

He has minraised before with good hands, but he is not necessarily giving me credit for a hand as he has called a few bluffs of mine before and I was very active in opening PF since it became shorthanded.

Is it standard to call then push/fold the river assuming I have 13 outs? Or just shove it in here, although with this opponent I don't think I have any fold equity whatsoever.

schlaufux
Apr 28, 2007
just no stupid newbie k?

ZeroStar posted:

Hand #1332011501001457: Calgary (6-Max) 11501
Seat 2: ZeroStar (18.05 in chips)
Seat 5: Destro32 (59.00 in chips)
Seat 10: 4X4SMAN (5.90 in chips)
ZeroStar: posts small blind $0.10
Destro32: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to ZeroStar [ Qc Ac ]
ZeroStar: raises to $0.80

*** FLOP *** [ Jc Qs 8s ]
ZeroStar: bets $1.90

4X4SMAN: folds
*** TURN *** [ 6c ]
ZeroStar: bets $4.50
Destro32: raises to $9

There is ~$19 in the pot and it's 4.50 to me to call, a little over 4:1 odds and I have $10.85 left behind.

Villain had been running really hot since I sat down, I never saw him showdown a bluff and he was involved in a good deal of hands. The table had only been 3 handed for about 12 hands, it was 6 when I sat down.

He has minraised before with good hands, but he is not necessarily giving me credit for a hand as he has called a few bluffs of mine before and I was very active in opening PF since it became shorthanded.

Is it standard to call then push/fold the river assuming I have 13 outs? Or just shove it in here, although with this opponent I don't think I have any fold equity whatsoever.

I wouldn't think twice about calling and leading/calling pretty much any river, I wouldn't push now as I think you're ahead and will be on any non-spade river so let him try to take the pot from you.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

you only have like $6 behind, i think shoving is probably best, since he's calling with a lot of worse hands/semibluffs/draws that might check behind the river.

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
Hand #1336011493000570: Calgary (6-Max) 11493
Seat 3: kingwars (24.50 in chips)
Seat 4: rascony (7.95 in chips)
Seat 5: ZeroStar (19.60 in chips)
Seat 6: st4life (20.00 in chips)
Seat 8: Xuxuwang (7.70 in chips)
Seat 10: bluespree (19.20 in chips)
bluespree: posts small blind $0.10
kingwars: posts big blind $0.20
st4life: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to ZeroStar [ Js Jc ]
rascony: folds
ZeroStar: raises to $0.90
st4life: calls

Xuxuwang: folds
bluespree: folds
kingwars: folds
*** FLOP *** [ 6h 6s 8d ]
ZeroStar: bets $1.20
st4life: raises to $3.60

Villain just sat down and posted the BB from MP.

This is a hand where it looks like I'm WA/WB, what's a standard line given that I have absolutely no reads on the villain? Is the flop bet good? (pot was $2)

It just seems like a spot that is very hard to get away from, and the pot is probably going to get very large.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

Call, then check/call the turn, then bet the river. Or you can 3bet the flop to stop an overcard from coming out and stacking A8/99/TT. Depends on how often he bluffs.

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
The range I would put him on is 99-AA and A8, and it seems that it skews towards the higher end when he raises the flop to me, especially if we assume the villain is straightforward, which I think is a good assumption at these stakes.

Is it still too drat nitty to fold the flop? Maybe call and then check/fold turn? It just seems to me that if he bets the turn he is going to be wanting money in the pot, and if you c/c the turn the pot by the river will be ~$18, each player having about half their money in. At which point i guess you're pot committed unless an A comes off or something.

Ranma, I like how in your line you are betting the river so worse hands can't check behind, because you would call a bet anyways. Are you just writing the 3 overpairs and 88 off as a loss here? I understand pots where you're destined to lose your stack, it just seems like this one doesn't quite qualify.

Oct 29, 2006

by Fragmaster

ZeroStar posted:

The range I would put him on is 99-AA and A8, and it seems that it skews towards the higher end when he raises the flop to me, especially if we assume the villain is straightforward, which I think is a good assumption at these stakes.

Is it still too drat nitty to fold the flop? Maybe call and then check/fold turn? It just seems to me that if he bets the turn he is going to be wanting money in the pot, and if you c/c the turn the pot by the river will be ~$18, each player having about half their money in. At which point i guess you're pot committed unless an A comes off or something.

Ranma, I like how in your line you are betting the river so worse hands can't check behind, because you would call a bet anyways. Are you just writing the 3 overpairs and 88 off as a loss here? I understand pots where you're destined to lose your stack, it just seems like this one doesn't quite qualify.

I put his range with the flop raise on 22-AA (or any suited connector with an 8 or a 6), so yes, this seems like a call, then c/c turn. This is a tiny limit so the block bet on the river would probably be really solid, but I'd be hesitant to try it where people read hands well.

Kase Im Licht posted:

So, do I get out? If I stay in, do I want to keep #2 around? If I want him around, do I go after a smaller chance of getting all his money in now (I could try something really lame like just raise another 70 on top, rather than going all-in), or split it up, definitely get some in now, and try to get the rest in on the turn?

(I assume here that old guy isn't folding after putting in that $100 regardless of what me or #2 do)

Push here. You've got a billion outs and what may be the best hand, but #2 most likely has a draw he could fold to a raise but correctly call to close the action.

5463 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 3, 2007

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ
fairly simple hand but it just keeps bothering me for some reason since I keep thinking about it. My question is what can I do on the river other than minraising him? Obviously I dont want him to fold but it just seems that if I shove there he folds everything. My line for the hand was that I was going to call the flop raise since I put him on a strong ace and then let him pot turn again and after he does this I raise or shove depending on his bet sizing. Turn obviously sucks for me since now it kills a lot of action. I check and hope he leads river since I checked turn.

We hadnt played that many hands yet but he was pretty aggro for every other one. Probably some Danish guy who has poster of Gus Hansen in his bathroom.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4344572004: Table Kier (heads up) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 9:28:53 ET - 2007/11/30
Seat 1: daIlla ($110.30)
Seat 2: SpechelEDD ($99)
SpechelEDD posts the small blind of $0.50
daIlla posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SpechelEDD [Kh Th]
SpechelEDD raises to $3
daIlla calls $2
*** FLOP *** [7h 4h Ah]
daIlla checks
SpechelEDD bets $5
daIlla raises to $10
SpechelEDD calls $5
*** TURN *** [7h 4h Ah] [3h]
daIlla checks
SpechelEDD checks
*** RIVER *** [7h 4h Ah 3h] [6c]
daIlla bets $26
SpechelEDD has 15 seconds left to act
SpechelEDD raises to $52
daIlla calls $26
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SpechelEDD shows [Kh Th] a flush, Ace high
daIlla mucks
SpechelEDD wins the pot ($129.50) with a flush, Ace high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $130 | Rake $0.50
Board: [7h 4h Ah 3h 6c]
Seat 1: daIlla (big blind) mucked [7c 7d] - three of a kind, Sevens
Seat 2: SpechelEDD (small blind) showed [Kh Th] and won ($129.50) with a flush, Ace high

Jelly!
Feb 15, 2007

pAPYruS mEMBeR

Spechel EDD posted:

hand

im pretty sure he knew you had the flush, it was played pretty obviously, im guessing he just wanted to make sure. i might be wrong but min betting to 2x his raise would have been fine as well. too much and he would easily have folded as you said.

Did you have any reads on him? That might have played into how much you were going to bet. 777 on that board is kinda hard to lay down, surpised he didnt bet bigger on the flop.

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ
at the time that hand happened I remember that we had played less than 10 hands but I recognized that he had some icy country sounding word as his name and was fairly over aggro. I was pretty certain he wouldve potted turn after I called but that fourth heart really screws the hand up for me. Instead of being able to play for stacks it seems like it makes the hand into me trying to get as much value as I could out of it.

Zachsta
Jun 13, 2007

by T. Fine
Does anyone ever lay down a big full house to suspected quads?
I haven't posted one of these before so let me know if you need some clarification on the action.

Live tournament, 9 players. 25-50 blinds, no antes
SB: Villain, about 6000 chips
BB: Hero, about 3000
Everyone else has 1000 - 1300

Hero is dealt QsQc

One guy limps, Villain completes, Hero checks.

Flop: Js Jc 6c

Villain bets 150, Hero calls, the other player folds.

Turn: Jh

Villain checks
Hero bets 300
Villain thinks a moment, then calls.

River: 7s

Villain goes all in.
I groan and call, paying off his JT and getting knocked out.

I'm kicking myself because I knew this guy would never limp with KK or AA, and betting twice the pot isn't exactly a sign of weakness. Plus I know I've got everyone else outstacked and even if I give the pot away I've still got a great shot at winning or coming close. But what really bothers me is that I basically ignored my read of the guy that I could have taken advantage of due to it being a live game. Everything about the way he thought about his action on the turn just screamed quads. On the other hand, how the gently caress can he have the jack?
I'm also wondering, for the sake of argument, what you pros would do if you happened to have pocket aces instead of pocket queens in this situation. Would you ever lay that kind of hand down or do you just have to always pay off quads in that situation?

ultimatemike
May 10, 2005

Little Joe? Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Zachsta posted:

Does anyone ever lay down a big full house to suspected quads?
I haven't posted one of these before so let me know if you need some clarification on the action.

Live tournament, 9 players. 25-50 blinds, no antes
SB: Villain, about 6000 chips
BB: Hero, about 3000
Everyone else has 1000 - 1300

Hero is dealt QsQc

One guy limps, Villain completes, Hero checks.

Flop: Js Jc 6c

Villain bets 150, Hero calls, the other player folds.

Turn: Jh

Villain checks
Hero bets 300
Villain thinks a moment, then calls.

River: 7s

Villain goes all in.
I groan and call, paying off his JT and getting knocked out.

I'm kicking myself because I knew this guy would never limp with KK or AA, and betting twice the pot isn't exactly a sign of weakness. Plus I know I've got everyone else outstacked and even if I give the pot away I've still got a great shot at winning or coming close. But what really bothers me is that I basically ignored my read of the guy that I could have taken advantage of due to it being a live game. Everything about the way he thought about his action on the turn just screamed quads. On the other hand, how the gently caress can he have the jack?
I'm also wondering, for the sake of argument, what you pros would do if you happened to have pocket aces instead of pocket queens in this situation. Would you ever lay that kind of hand down or do you just have to always pay off quads in that situation?

1) You want the tourney thread, not the NL thread
2) Don't check QQ there, raise for christ's sake
3) Raise flop
4) Jesus, you finally bet on the turn
5) No, you can't fold that river unless he shows you his hand

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ
the way you played it (checking your option on the BB) you just fold to that river shove

this is such a bad spot to go broke in

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Spechel EDD posted:

We hadnt played that many hands yet but he was pretty aggro for every other one.

Dealt to SpechelEDD [Kh Th]

*** FLOP *** [7h 4h Ah]

daIlla raises to $10

3bet that poo poo. As played the river minraise is fine but I'm 3betting that flop every time, maybe to something small like $20 or $25.

ultimatemike posted:

1) You want the tourney thread, not the NL thread
2) Don't check QQ there, raise for christ's sake
3) Raise flop
4) Jesus, you finally bet on the turn
5) No, you can't fold that river unless he shows you his hand

1) agree
2) agree
3) disagree as played, I'd much rather just call the flop if you limp preflop.
4) yeah you gotta bet the turn if it gets checked to you and hope he has axcc or a 6 or something
5) I think this is definitely a fold in a limped pot.

ultimatemike
May 10, 2005

Little Joe? Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

blah_blah posted:

I considered that and think it's probably fine, maybe even better.

blah_blah posted:

I just think there's enough random mid pocket pairs in there that he thinks "OMG FULL HOUSE". Obviously he's gonna have the J there sometimes, but I think there's enough A hi and pairs in his range that it's probably somewhat +EV to call. Hero's also very much under-repped his hand.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Edd I like the way you played your hand if he'll hang himself on the turn, but you have to 3bet flop occasionally.

For the full house < quads hand lol at anybody suggesting a fold on the river jesus christ you're loving nits

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

2 hands, both at NL200, cross posting from 2+2:
200$ stacks
Villain had been getting way out of line on this table, raising more than 30% of his hands preflop and being very aggressive. He is in the big blind, I am in the small blind, and it folds around to me. I'm holding QQ, and I limp because he has been very aggressive vs every kind of weakness, and he is raising pretty much every hand here. As expected, he raises it up to 8$, I pretend to think for a bit and 3bet him to 22$, although now I think I should have done around 30$ because it looks more suspicious. He 4bets to 60$, I give it 5 seconds thought and push.

By limping and 3betting I am playing in a very suspicious manner. Up to this point I had been playing ABC poker, and I may look like I'm tilting since I recently lost with 55 vs AA on A53 board all in on the flop. I think he can 4bet me with a pretty wide range for those reasons, and I think plenty of worse hands call my push. Thoughts on the hand and my thought process?

NL Holdem $2(BB)

spunky10 ($207.15)
cowboys619 ($58.30)
Faustina10 ($281.80)
dgif33 ($125.35)
lilole ($162.10)
iBetYouFold ($193.45)

spunky10 posts (SB) $1
cowboys619 posts (BB) $2

Dealt to iBetYouFold Ac Qc
fold, fold, fold,
iBetYouFold raises to $7
spunky10 raises to $21
fold, call,

FLOP ($44) 6h 5c 7s
spunky10 bets $35
iBetYouFold raises to $100

Villain is tight and squeaky clean, I haven't played too many hands with him, but when I have I have been slightly loose preflop. My read on him was that he wanted to be pretty sure before he put his money in. His stats are 20/14/2.4, cbets 100% of the time heads up. The way I figure it this raise looks a lot scarier than a push, because it means I want to play for stacks but I don't want to chase him away, plus a good part of his range is AK which he probably instamucks. I don't think I'm folding AA or KK, but maybe JJ or QQ, and always AK. Also, the table was filled with donks who loved any excuse to call (besides him obviously), so I figured even if I do lose my ability to value bet in 3bet pots goes through the roof.
Love it/hate it?

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
Ranma, with the villain cbetting 100% of the time I like the raise from in position. He will fold some of his range, but I'm not sure what he'll do with mid pocket pairs.

If he's a player that will call/fold with 88-JJ, throwaway everything unpaired, and push QQ-AA it seems like you're in a pretty good spot. Because you're in position you can get a free card sometimes on the turn and draw out, and it looks like you'll take it down a fair amount of time on the flop as well.

I think it comes down to how he plays his mid pairs in this situation, which would take a pretty specific read, without the read I think folding and the line you took are probably pretty close.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

ZeroStar posted:

Ranma, with the villain cbetting 100% of the time I like the raise from in position. He will fold some of his range, but I'm not sure what he'll do with mid pocket pairs.

If he's a player that will call/fold with 88-JJ, throwaway everything unpaired, and push QQ-AA it seems like you're in a pretty good spot. Because you're in position you can get a free card sometimes on the turn and draw out, and it looks like you'll take it down a fair amount of time on the flop as well.

I think it comes down to how he plays his mid pairs in this situation, which would take a pretty specific read, without the read I think folding and the line you took are probably pretty close.

88 and 99 are probably not in his 3betting range, TT might be and JJ is I think.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I think this hand it really depends on how polarized his 3betting range is. Is it only with TT+? Or does he do it with TT+ and suited connectors? or is he the type of opponent to 3bet any pair, suited connectors and gappers like 57s or so?

Going by your read of "squeaky clean" I think this raise is questionable. I think you only fold AK and AQs, everything else will probably continue.

edit: I may have to rethink my comment. If he's squeaky clean your hand actually has okay equity vs his calling range. This is not as clear vs someone who 3bets a ton of hands. I don't hate the play, but I think it's kind of needless. You can find much better spots later.

HKS fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 6, 2007

rushivywithglocks
Jul 10, 2005
it is a token of my loveship.
This is ranma.. 21 combinations of AK and AQ, 3 combos of AA, 4 of KK, 3 of QQ, 4 of JJ, 4 of TT, if he calls with all the pairs and folds everything else its 21 to 18 folds to calls, and if we have any fold equity vs TT and JJ (and we do), its +ev in a vacuum. If he doesn't 3bet AQ or AK, it is not, and if he doesn't 3bet AQ we need some fold equity I believe.

M E A T Y
May 2, 2005

so secure

blah_blah posted:

3bet that poo poo. As played the river minraise is fine but I'm 3betting that flop every time, maybe to something small like $20 or $25.

1) agree
2) agree
4) yeah you gotta bet the turn if it gets checked to you and hope he has axcc or a 6 or something

i think you need to 3bet that flop more than you just call it for sure. not that were really worried about the cards coming, but obviously a heart kills a lot of action, not too excited if the board pairs etc. also at 100nl youre getting calls from axh and probably shoved on by sets. if villain folds to your 3bet youre probably not getting more action anyways.

as for 5) calling this a definite fold is a pretty big leak imo. i actually dont think i would almost ever fold, much less definitely, but i agree with you on most of the rest of the points

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

BB ($268.35)
UTG ($492.30)
UTG+1 ($183.15)
UTG+2 ($241.40)
Hero ($266)
BTN ($186.15)

BB posts (SB) $1, UTG posts (BB) $2, , Dealt to iBetYouFold, JJ, fold, fold, , Hero raises to $7, call, fold, fold, ,
FLOP ($17) AT8
Hero bets $13
BTN calls $13

TURN ($43) AT87
check,
BTN bets $21.50
Hero folds

BTN wins $40.85

Villain was 21/6/1.5, only read I had was that he'll go broke with any overpair (even an overpair of 8's) on any board.

2+2 said to call the turn, why? Do I think my flush outs are good and/or that he's bluffing enough?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

M E A T Y posted:

as for 5) calling this a definite fold is a pretty big leak imo. i actually dont think i would almost ever fold, much less definitely, but i agree with you on most of the rest of the points

It's definitely a tough fold but it's a pretty big overbet and it's also a tourney, which weights it more towards a fold I think. I'm also not saying that I would fold 100% of the time in the heat of the moment, just that I think it is a fold.

M E A T Y
May 2, 2005

so secure

Ranma4703 posted:

BB ($268.35)
UTG ($492.30)
UTG+1 ($183.15)
UTG+2 ($241.40)
Hero ($266)
BTN ($186.15)

BB posts (SB) $1, UTG posts (BB) $2, , Dealt to iBetYouFold, JJ, fold, fold, , Hero raises to $7, call, fold, fold, ,
FLOP ($17) AT8
Hero bets $13
BTN calls $13

TURN ($43) AT87
check,
BTN bets $21.50
Hero folds

BTN wins $40.85

Villain was 21/6/1.5, only read I had was that he'll go broke with any overpair (even an overpair of 8's) on any board.

2+2 said to call the turn, why? Do I think my flush outs are good and/or that he's bluffing enough?

its a half pot bet, if you don't improve it will probably check through on the river anyways, and you have outs to improve. could you convert/include suits for the hand though

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.
Geez, I'm always late a page or two.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

M E A T Y posted:

its a half pot bet, if you don't improve it will probably check through on the river anyways, and you have outs to improve. could you convert/include suits for the hand though

Sorry, it had the symbols on 2+2 but I guess c/p screwed that up. I had black jacks, spade flush draw hit on the turn.

madrappin
Dec 5, 2006

Solar, wind power, and knives! Green Team!
http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcfAxsTFxsTHwMTExMHDwojAwsXBxcI%3d

I'll be the first person to say I am awful at poker, but I just want to see if my logic is right in the way I played the hand. I'm sure that limping in was awful in the first place, but thats not my question.

Should I have checked the river? I was assuming that any draw would just fold anyways, and I would only get called by a better 9. Did I bet the flop and turn right? I was trying to make it expensive for draws, but then when it got to the river, I was confused.

artard
Sep 11, 2001

madrappin posted:

I am a huge nit

A better 9? You have the best 9 that isn't a full house. Not only that but no draws hit so wtf bet the river.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

madrappin posted:

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcfAxsTFxsTHwMTExMHDwojAwsXBxcI%3d

I'll be the first person to say I am awful at poker, but I just want to see if my logic is right in the way I played the hand. I'm sure that limping in was awful in the first place, but thats not my question.

Should I have checked the river? I was assuming that any draw would just fold anyways, and I would only get called by a better 9. Did I bet the flop and turn right? I was trying to make it expensive for draws, but then when it got to the river, I was confused.

I would push the river, you'll get called by A2o

Pizzlefish
Jun 8, 2005

madrappin posted:

Should I have checked the river? I was assuming that any draw would just fold anyways, and I would only get called by a better 9.

Then let them fold. If you are sure you have the best hand, and as played its pretty much a given, bet the river and at least give the opponent the opportunity to make a mistake. If they fold, you still win and you get the added bonus of them never seeing what you had.

Hell, you are at micro. You will get called by a ton of crappier hands. It wouldn't surprise me to see any ace call in that spot in those stakes.

Pizzlefish fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 9, 2007

madrappin
Dec 5, 2006

everyone posted:

madrappin is a nit and sucks at poker

I figured as much, but for some reason I thought it was more likely that he would bluff the river than it was for him to call my push.

madrappin
Dec 5, 2006

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcfAx8TFxsTHwMTExMHGwYjAwsXBxcI%3d

To go along with the nitishness of the last hand I posted, there is this hand. I really don't have any read on the guy, but I was pretty sure I was ahead on the flop and turn so I bet them for value, but then got scared on the river so I checked behind him. Correct or nitty?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

madrappin posted:

To go along with the nitishness of the last hand I posted, there is this hand. I really don't have any read on the guy, but I was pretty sure I was ahead on the flop and turn so I bet them for value, but then got scared on the river so I checked behind him. Correct or nitty?

There's not a whole lot you're beating there, the two check/calls are usually a better king or flush draw so checking behind is ok in my book. I don't like calling a raise with KJo much, I'll raise it in LP if folded to me but oftentimes you'll be dominated a lot.

Oct 29, 2006

by Fragmaster
Live 1/2; I have $250. Villain covers me. He is too loose, and too aggressive. I am also too loose, and too aggressive.
I have K9o in the cutoff, Raise to $12. SB and BB call.

Flop: KQ6 rainbow; SB and BB check, I bet $20. (Pot: $32) SB folds and BB calls.
Turn: Jc (two clubs), SB checks, I bet $30. (Pot: $72) BB raises to $90.

My action?

Pretend I call. River is 5c. Villain pushes $100.

My action?

I hate making hero calls like this, but the board went from relatively disconnected to pretty connected to really, really connected. Villain's line is very strong throughout the hand. I didn't think he could profitably push any hand here except a bluff or a set. What hands do you put him on? Why? When I was in the hand, I deduced that, unless he had a set, he could not have a hand good enough to check-raise the turn (two clubs, T9, AT), because he had to peel a pretty large flop bet. I thought that a set was less likely than scare-card bluffs and so I called down. Villain had Kc 6c

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

madrappin posted:

Don't call raises with JACKKINGOFF in 9max.

I think checking behind is fine. Had he reraised you, I think you would have to fold.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 12, 2007

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

40 OZ posted:

Don't call raises with KJo in 9max.

I think checking behind is fine. Had he reraised you, I think you would have to fold.

I'd shove, mainly because I don't think villain ever raises pf then checks flop with a better king or flush draw, and he only has like half a psb left. Pf is bad.

madrappin
Dec 5, 2006

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcfAwsTFxc3Ax8TExMXGwIjAwsXBxcI%3d

Well, I assume I played this one like poo poo because I didn't get paid off. I felt like I should have raised preflop and bet the turn. The reraise on the flop is probably terrible. Now that I think about it so is the overbet on the river. Anyone agree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

madrappin posted:

http://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcfAwsTFxc3Ax8TExMXGwIjAwsXBxcI%3d

Well, I assume I played this one like poo poo because I didn't get paid off. I felt like I should have raised preflop and bet the turn. The reraise on the flop is probably terrible. Now that I think about it so is the overbet on the river. Anyone agree?

What were your hole cards?

You need to bet the turn.

Don't bet $1.00 into a .64 pot, unless you are Brad Booth.

• Locked thread