Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Illinois Smith posted:

I sincerely hope Takuya Sugi sticks with the Yoshitsune gimmick for a while now, because if he continues to bust out matches like the recent Tohoku Jr. Title match against GAINA, he might just become the next big thing in lucharesu. Sasuke liking him enough to book him over Liger might help a bit too.

Here's to hoping we'll see him in DG sometime next year and then he'll blow everyone's mind and then I'll say WELL I LIKED THE GUY WHEN HE WAS MINI-CIMA and go pout in the corner. :colbert:

he was also in the first gif that started my collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet
Updated TNA vs. NJPW card -

quote:

NJPW "WRESTLE KINGDOM II IN TOKYO DOME", 1/4/08 (WPW/PPV)
Tokyo Dome

1. THIS IS WAR! ~NONSTOP RISING~: Milano Collection AT, Minoru & Prince Devitt vs. Christian Cage, AJ Styles & Petey Williams
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Wataru Inoue (c) vs. Christopher Daniels
3. Japanese Muscle Monster vs. The American Monster: Manabu Nakanishi vs. Abyss
4. NEW JAPAN vs. The Alliance GROUND ZERO: Takashi Iizuka, Koji Kanemoto, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Masato Tanaka , Tatsuhito Takaiwa , Yutaka Yoshie & Katsushi Takemura
5. GET THE TABLE! GET THE HIGHEST! - Hardcore Match: Togi Makabe & Toru Yano vs. "Team 3D" Brother Ray & Brother Devon
6. ONE NIGHT STAND ~LEGEND vs. VBH~: Riki Choshu, Masahiro Chono, Super Strong Machine, Jushin Thunder Liger & AKIRA vs. Jado, Gedo, TARU, Shuji Kondo & "brother" YASSHI
7. Generation of Chaos: Hirooki Goto vs. Great Muta
8. IWGP Tag Team Title: Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko (c) vs. Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner
9. Final Resolution~REAL vs. Justice~IWGP 3rd Belt: Kurt Angle (c) vs. Yuji Nagata
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
"GET THE HIGHEST" is 900% engrish.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I am still in disbelief that Petey Williams was booked over MCMGs, but WHO THE gently caress CARES? YASSHI~! YOSHIE~!~!~!!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!!~~!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Captain Charisma posted:

I am still in disbelief that Petey Williams was booked over MCMGs, but WHO THE gently caress CARES? YASSHI~! YOSHIE~!~!~!!!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!!~~!

Hmm, MCMG has a following in Japan, but Petey Williams is A BODYBUILDER and can do a FLIP!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

weekly font posted:

Hmm, MCMG has a following in Japan, but Petey Williams is A BODYBUILDER and can do a FLIP!

And they're IN JAPAN THE NIGHT BEFORE DOING A ZERO ONE SHOW AND FLYING BACK ON 1/4

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Captain Charisma posted:

And they're IN JAPAN THE NIGHT BEFORE DOING A ZERO ONE SHOW AND FLYING BACK ON 1/4
Is there some way to combine :bang: and :ssj: because that's the only reaction to have.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I don't suppose this is a case of NJPW bookers not wanting to get Zero-One guys like when Joe had their "stench" on him for about two years and thus wouldn't get booked by any of the bigger companies?

Ah, who am I kidding.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Illinois Smith posted:

I don't suppose this is a case of NJPW bookers not wanting to get Zero-One guys like when Joe had their "stench" on him for about two years and thus wouldn't get booked by any of the bigger companies?

Ah, who am I kidding.

No this is a case of how Joe got heat with Misawa by using his move in his building. You see Yukes knows that Joe is working on the TNA game, and Yukes thinks they have the exclusive rights to making lovely wrestling games.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.
First time posting in this thread, but I thought I'd mention that I met Razor Ramon HG and RG tonight at an event (comedy, not wrestling) here in Osaka. I didn't get to talk to them much but they're pretty cool guys, especially RG. HG is actually really quiet (there were 2 dressing rooms, one where everyone was hanging out, including RG, and then one emptier one where HG hung out most of the night) and looks totally different in street clothes. Sorry for lack of pics but I was there to work, not as a fan so it'd come off really bad. :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

for some strange reason, I've been really enjoying NOSAWA matches lately. He comes out, does his garbage stuff and then, in true Japanese fashion, HE CLEANS UP AFTER HIMSELF. That last part makes me giggle everytime.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bonsai Superstar posted:

First time posting in this thread, but I thought I'd mention that I met Razor Ramon HG and RG tonight at an event (comedy, not wrestling) here in Osaka. I didn't get to talk to them much but they're pretty cool guys, especially RG. HG is actually really quiet (there were 2 dressing rooms, one where everyone was hanging out, including RG, and then one emptier one where HG hung out most of the night) and looks totally different in street clothes. Sorry for lack of pics but I was there to work, not as a fan so it'd come off really bad. :(

did you yell "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~"?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
HG and RG have such humble roots, I'd expect them to be down-to-earth. Especially now that HG-mania has died down.

NOSAWA... eh. In-ring he does nothing for me, but at least NOSAWA BOM-BA-YE gave use Jumbo Kiku, and NOSAWA featured in the Joe/Punk shoot sooooooo he's got his good points.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
NOSAWA doing ultra-wacky DDT gimmick matches with Muscle Sakai is infinitely more enjoyable than NOSAWA doing anything else. That feud was classic.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
So er, I'm watching Samurai Fighting TV, and I see a lot of a guy dressed in a maid costume with kitty ears. Who is this?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Is it an ad? Is it an indy fed? WE MUST KNOW!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Capsaicin posted:

So er, I'm watching Samurai Fighting TV, and I see a lot of a guy dressed in a maid costume with kitty ears. Who is this?

I'm wondering too because the guy is in FPR. Or maybe its a different dude in a maid costume.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Lastest Inoki show featured them flying in Angle to face... no, not Josh Barnett as rumored... no, not Booker, who was advertised... but KENDO KASHIN. Booker wrestled... no wait all he did was appear in a recorded message. Tadao Yasuda wrestled twice.

Wow.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Lastest Inoki show featured them flying in Angle to face... no, not Josh Barnett as rumored... no, not Booker, who was advertised... but KENDO KASHIN. Booker wrestled... no wait all he did was appear in a recorded message. Tadao Yasuda wrestled twice.

Wow.

I wonder who screwed that up. TNA or IGF.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Illinois Smith posted:

I sincerely hope Takuya Sugi sticks with the Yoshitsune gimmick for a while now, because if he continues to bust out matches like the recent Tohoku Jr. Title match against GAINA, he might just become the next big thing in lucharesu. Sasuke liking him enough to book him over Liger might help a bit too.

Where did you see this match? I'd really like to check it out if it's somewhere online.

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

Pan Ache posted:

Where did you see this match? I'd really like to check it out if it's somewhere online.
I don't know if it would count as :filez: to link directly to the match, but here's a Youtube music video of it that has a link to the whole match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6rSVIBDIYQ

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Thanks a lot, I'll be excited to see this when it finishes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Wow.

How have the big IGF shows done anyway? Especially the Lesnar vs Angle show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

coconono posted:

for some strange reason, I've been really enjoying NOSAWA matches lately. He comes out, does his garbage stuff and then, in true Japanese fashion, HE CLEANS UP AFTER HIMSELF. That last part makes me giggle everytime.

I have always been a fan of Nosawa. He doesn't have 5 star matches, but he is a very entertaining wrestler with a unique look. So he is good in my book. You don't have to be great. Just entertain me.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's okay to link to puro :)

MassRayPer posted:

How have the big IGF shows done anyway? Especially the Lesnar vs Angle show.
Lesnar vs Angle didn't even sell out Sumo Hall iirc, in part because they keep refusing to ever ANNOUNCE CARDS IN ADVANCE. Lesnar/Angle wasn't even assured of happening the day of the event!

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Ditch posted:

It's okay to link to puro :)

In that case, does anybody have the Barnett vs. Frye IGF match? Or anything from the non-Angle/Lesnar IGF shows? :cool:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

I have always been a fan of Nosawa. He doesn't have 5 star matches, but he is a very entertaining wrestler with a unique look. So he is good in my book. You don't have to be great. Just entertain me.

That's the way I feel about wrestling in general and why I love puro. You take the oldschool guys like Misawa and stack them against the likes of Hogan in terms of wrestling goodness, Misawa and his ilk always bring something entertaining.

EDIT: Don't post and have stuff break.

coconono fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 22, 2007

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster
Dave Meltzer's Christmas Mailbag!

quote:

Angle is a much better wrestler than Kenta. Kobashi is simply Internet hipe like Joe was until he was exposed in the semi-big leagues.

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

cortXbomb posted:

In that case, does anybody have the Barnett vs. Frye IGF match? Or anything from the non-Angle/Lesnar IGF shows? :cool:

IGF 12/20/2007 -

IWPG Third Belt Championship: Kurt Angle (c) vs. Kendo Kashin Part 2
AJ Styles vs. Senshi Part 2
Chris Masters vs. Ryuji Yanagisawa
Montanha Silva vs. Josh Barnett

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HwoodNG posted:

Dave Meltzer's Christmas Mailbag!
This is the kind of person who would respond with "Why you ask?" to the question "did you huff a lot of paint thinner as a kid". I would bet anything that the writer a) has only seen one Kobashi match, and b) thought Angle carried Joe to the best match of Joe's career.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

This is the kind of person who would respond with "Why you ask?" to the question "did you huff a lot of paint thinner as a kid". I would bet anything that the writer a) has only seen one Kobashi match, and b) thought Angle carried Joe to the best match of Joe's career.

Or he IS Kurt Angle and being Kurt Angle thinks he can shape shift and traverse time and space and thus carried Joe in his matches with CM Punk, Kobashi, Danielson, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels.

But not the three with "Kurt Angle", because if the real Kurt Angle was in those matches all three would be *****. Instead the Kurt Angle you see in TNA is Eric Angle.

Booker Z
Dec 12, 2007

SHINING WIZARD

MassRayPer posted:

Or he IS Kurt Angle and being Kurt Angle thinks he can shape shift and traverse time and space and thus carried Joe in his matches with CM Punk, Kobashi, Danielson, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels.

But not the three with "Kurt Angle", because if the real Kurt Angle was in those matches all three would be *****. Instead the Kurt Angle you see in TNA is Eric Angle.
Which would defy all logic, as Kurt Angle's time traversal abilities are only able to be used when he's breaking somebody's ankle. Unless when he placed Samoa Joe in the Ankle Lock, he created a time paradox thus creating the famous matches of Samoa Joe that we know and love today.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Someone paypal'ed me $100 for my website yesterday :aaa:

He said he hoped that it would cover his usage of it. I told him it would cover over 10 terabytes of downloads. He could download the entire site about 80 times!

Merry Christmas indeed.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Thanks man.

I was really impressed with Montana Silva, at first I thought Josh was just making him look great but then I saw he was doing great on his own too. He's a great heel and I expected him to be terrible.

I also saw a few of the other matches and I was really impressed with Yoshiki Takahashi, I didn't know he could work like that! Jan Nortje was even impressive.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/72719
Big in 2007, Big in 2008. Plus links to a bunch more puro content! CONTENT!!!

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Does NJPW still have a store? Im in Shinjuku now, about to head to Osaka in a few hours but we walked around Tokyo earlier and saw nothing and I tried searching online and there is no trace of the store ever existing.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's in the same area as Korakuen and the dome, not Shinjuku. There's several wrestling shops in the vacinity.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Ditch posted:

It's in the same area as Korakuen and the dome, not Shinjuku. There's several wrestling shops in the vacinity.

Thanks. I just meant we were staying in Shinjuku at the moment, but I see how it looked like I was saying I thought the store was supposed to be there. I checked the train map and it looks like I figured out how to get to Korakuen so I'll check that out before I leave.

So far, I've gotta say Osaka beats the poo poo out of Tokyo and if I didn't have to fly out of Narita, I wouldn't even go back to Tokyo.

Edit: We found it but that whole part of the city closes at 5PM. Tokyo, the city that sleeps a whole lot. At least I got to go to Zero-One which was great. K-1 was awesome too.

Who Gotch Ya fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 1, 2008

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NJ 1/4 Tokyo Dome main results:
-Wataru Inoue defended the junior title against Daniels
-Nakanishi beat Abyss
-Bernard & Tomko beat the Steiners, maybe the last big Steiners match since Rick is semi-retired
-Angle over Nagata
-Nakamura wins the IWGP title from Tanahashi. Afterwards they teased Angle vs Nakamura

I'm guessing Angle won't lose the Fake IWGP until he loses the TNA title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

-Angle over Nagata

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ditch posted:

-Nakamura wins the IWGP title from Tanahashi.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!