Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarllax
Dec 29, 2003

Something in the universe loves the entity that is me.

Goldmund posted:

Edit: Sub just showed up, so one last pic

Nice setup! Mine is actually quite similar. Although I've got the JBL Venue Stadiums in the mail (should arrive today or tomorrow hopefully) and the Arenas as surround speakers. I've been unsure as to what sub to get until now. I've heard the JBL Sub 12 was extremely big, described as a mini refrigerator...but looking at your setup it doesn't stand out too much. Are you pretty happy with the sub?

I'll get some pics of my setup soon as I get my new speakers. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

Pibborando San posted:

Just wanted to celebrate the arrival of my new B&W CM1s this morning. These are the most flawless used speakers I've ever received. They look new and I got them for $300 less than retail!

Awesome! B&W really do make nicest looking speakers (and sound great too). You have some great shots of them.

Here's a few shots of my desktop setup with a crappy camera pone :( (thumbnailed)

Dell 2405FPW is on the piss a bit. Next thing to get is Dell's newer 30" whenever they bring it out.

B&W 685

And this weird ipod/amp thing I'm using.

tuna fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 28, 2007

Hehlol
Feb 22, 2005

by The Finn
Tuna, from what I can see your incredibly flat, prarie-esque type desk is exactly what I am looking for in a desk. Where did you find that? It doesn't look like Ikea, the wood looks to thick.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

Actually it was Ikea. I've no idea what it was called, though...

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

oh yes. two kinds... of dances
Is it like this? Because that's what I'm looking to get to replace the sad excuse for a desk I'm using now (an armoire).

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

It's more like this. Except it doesn't have all that "extendable" crap. It's the same size/look though, just without what appears to be a seam in the middle and it was a shitload cheaper than that.

dorkimoe
Feb 16, 2007
How do you guys make your cables look so clean. I have cables everywhere and it makes it look like rear end.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.
Been about a month or two since I have posted in here and bumped up the video performance a little bit.

Added a PS3, got rid of the 360 HD-DVD unit and got the standalone Toshiba HD-A3, all new HDMI and better component cables. Not sure if I had the smart UPS I had before, it is goddamn nice having it in case of a power outage for my RPTV. In the next month or two, the Samsung HTIB should be making room for a nice 7.1 reciever and hell of a lot better speakers. Have to get a bigger entertainment stand for all the devices most importantly the soon to be reciever.

As it stands now, not too bad for a 23 year old shnook.

RandomG
Mar 7, 2004
I LUV HONDA <3 ~<3 ~ <3 ~<3 ~ <3 ~<3 ~
Just an A setup, no v... posted a separate thread, no one responded... here are my entry level "monitors" or whatever they were advertised as:

HD-Aerogel drivers, built in 24/96 dac, electronic x-over built into the amp, 100 watt amp, but with the aerogel still gets up to 110 db or so without distortion.

Mode 7 Samurai
Jan 9, 2001

tuna posted:

And this weird ipod/amp thing I'm using.

Where did you get that amp at, it's pretty loving badass.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

It's the itube valvedock carbon from these guys: Fat-Man. They do a bunch of relatively reasonably priced tube amps from about £200 to £5,000. I'd love "The Mothership" but holy christ tube amps are expensive to buy. I'm sure you can find them somewhere in America if that's where you are.

untermensch
Aug 1, 2004
There are some really nice HT setups in this thread. Here are some pics of my system, which includes:

TV: LG 42PC3D
Receiver: Onkyo TXSR605
Speakers: L/R - JBL Venue Stage, Center - JBL Venue Voice, Surrounds - JBL Venue Monitor, Sub - JBL SUB10.
DVD: Toshiba HD-A2
Gaming: 2nd generation XBOX 360 w/HDMI
Connectivity: 5 port DLink Switch/Linksys 802.11g AP/FIOS 25/5 internet
Cable: Comcast HD-DVR
Network Player: Roku Soundbridge M1001 (on back order, hopefully should be coming next week)
Control: Logitech Harmony 880
Cables: All Monoprice premium cables

The sub is by far the weakest link in this system. I can still return it so I'm thinking I might get something better.

untermensch fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 3, 2007

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

oh yes. two kinds... of dances
You're an '04 and you used imageshack?

untermensch
Aug 1, 2004

Pibborando San posted:

You're an '04 and you used imageshack?

Yes. I know I'm lame but I do not know how to use waffleimages. If someone could tell me how it would be awesome.

KaLogain
Dec 29, 2004

I got her number. How do you like them apples?
Cybernetic Crumb

untermensch posted:

Yes. I know I'm lame but I do not know how to use waffleimages. If someone could tell me how it would be awesome.

waffleimages.com it works exactly the same.

untermensch
Aug 1, 2004

KaLogain posted:

waffleimages.com it works exactly the same.

Thanks for that. My images are now being hosted by wafflesimages.

Jayx77
Sep 5, 2004

NO! JUMP THE OTHER WAY!!!

untermensch posted:

Oh man, for the sake of that 360, you need to get it off that cable box. Doesn't it get insanely hot?

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Finally got everything unpacked after moving, and my TV and A/V stuff set up. Now keep in mind that I'm just a 25 year old in an apartment, finishing up school. The really good stuff comes when I finish school, move, and get into a house.

I do plan on wallmounting the TV this upcoming summer, after I paint the wall a dark red.

TV: Toshiba Regza 47" - thankfully very little to no greenpush. Love this tv
bCable Box - Comcast HD Dual tuner with DVR, HDMI ouput
Reciever: Sony Bravia HDW501 HTIB system, upscaling DVD, XM satellite, 5.1 surround. I run all sound through this from the optical out on the back of the TV
remote Logitech Harmony 880. love this remote as well
X360
PS3
Speakers that came with the HTIB.
Top row of A/V rack is 360 games, second row is HD-DVD, and BR disc. I got it cheap at meijers for $40, and it works great.
Mess of wires.

The sectional. The speakers are wall mounted, little black thing is the IR reciever for the wireless rear speakers. The chairs recline, middle armrest opens up to a storage cubby, theres two cup holders, and I sit in the one next to the laptop, which is directly infront of the TV. I love this couch. You can see the built in computer nook, and a slice of the kitchen/breakfast bar. I want to put a computer/tv monitor on the little section of the breakfast bar you can see.

And the following picture is the little 22" LG I had before i was finished unpacking. It now resides in the bedroom on the dresser. I love the little TV, and it does all it needs to perfectly. Even picks up some crazy music channels on the cable that have no attached screens, or info.

Dont rag too much, I did this setup for cheap.

MidasAg fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 7, 2007

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003
Very much a work in progress but a shitload of fun already.

Projector: Infocus IN-72
Screen: Da Lite 16:9 106" High Power
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR674
Speakers: some crappy Onkyo speakers I'm replacing

I'm waiting for 1080p projectors to come down a bit before jumping to HD. Finished hiding all the cables in the ceiling and running them to a patch panel on the wall this weekend. This winter I'm going to cover the walls and hide the frame. I'm also adding a second, raised couch for more seating.

900ftjesus fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 20, 2011

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

900ftjesus posted:

I'm waiting for 1080p projectors to come down a bit before jumping to HD. Finished hiding all the cables in the ceiling and running them to a patch panel on the wall this weekend. This winter I'm going to cover the walls and hide the frame. I'm also adding a second, raised couch for more seating.

Are you going to go ahead and run all the HD cables while you have everything open? If it were me, I would but then again, if you have budget constraints now I could understand why you wouldnt.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

I suck with cameras

Little better picture

Samsung HPT5054 50" 720 Plasma
Onkyo TX-SR 805 7.1 130Wx7
Boston Acoustics VR2's
Toshiba HD-A2 HDDVD player (Top pic is old [baseball season] so no HD-A2 shown there, sprung for some gold/beige cable wrap to match my walls better than black cables, in apartment so no going through walls.)

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?

RandomG posted:

Just an A setup, no v... posted a separate thread, no one responded... here are my entry level "monitors" or whatever they were advertised as:

HD-Aerogel drivers, built in 24/96 dac, electronic x-over built into the amp, 100 watt amp, but with the aerogel still gets up to 110 db or so without distortion.

Looks like really nice stuff, how does it sound?

RandomG
Mar 7, 2004
I LUV HONDA <3 ~<3 ~ <3 ~<3 ~ <3 ~<3 ~

Owsla posted:

Looks like really nice stuff, how does it sound?

I have very little experience with real highend audio, and I hate it when people say how good something they have is when they don't know anything else. That being said, I'm impressed. I hear things that my hd-600s covered up (the best source I had was a revolution 7.1 for the record) and there's a high end to the music that the 600s rolled off. Also, I've heard all types of 2.1 pc setups, and this sub makes them sound boomy. It blends well enough that it's barely noticeable from the listening position, which I'm not used to.

I'd be interested to hear some of the monitors I've seen here, after I heard these I started thinking "can it really sound that much better than this?"

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Randi Challenger posted:

Are you going to go ahead and run all the HD cables while you have everything open? If it were me, I would but then again, if you have budget constraints now I could understand why you wouldnt.

I ran HDMI to the projector because I didn't want to deal with long runs of analog signals if I didn't have to and it's ready to upgrade whenever. I'm working on covering the walls with some really nice fabric in the next few weeks. I'll post a newer shot whenever some decent progress has been made.

I cannot wait to get rid of those loving warped ceiling tiles, they look awful. Luckily it doesn't matter when you're watching something.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Probably will get the HD-DVD addon for my 360.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
out with the old DLP, in with the new plasma :D

theo400
Jun 30, 2004

kylej posted:

All the fancy equipment, and a WIRED xbox360 controller?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

theo400 posted:

All the fancy equipment, and a WIRED xbox360 controller?

Rock Band Guitar :)

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

My setup, heavy investment in the CD sound over visuals at the moment:

Linn SC Unidisc (CD, SACD, DVD with 5.1 pre-amp)
Linn Chakra C4100 power amp x 2 with active cross-over cards
Linn Ninka main speakers in active cross-over mode
Linn Trinka centre speaker in active cross-over mode
Linn cabling running it all together
Paradigm ceiling speakers
Paradigm PW-2100 sub-woofer
Nakamichi DR-3 cassette deck (for old time sake, can't throw it out!)
Magnum Dynalab analogue FM tuner
Toshiba DLP 52" TV
Scientific Atlanta HDTV cable box

Am buying a new house and will be installing some form of ceiling projector with cinema format and 120" or bigger screen on the wall and will replace Paradigm ceiling speakers with (probably Linn) wall speakers.

Decairn fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 12, 2007

untermensch
Aug 1, 2004

kylej posted:

Where did you get the audio stand? I like it.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver

untermensch posted:

I second this, I could use a new stand

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

untermensch posted:

Thanks, it's a Tech Craft EDH32M. I bought it from Circuit City a few months ago but it looks like they removed the mahogany stand from their website. The piano black stand is still available though.

This TV City website is the cheapest place I've found online that has the mahogany stand.

Stranger
Jun 15, 2001
I enjoy posting while drunk. Also, I'm a
MORON
Current setup:

Projector: Sanyo PLV Z2000 Full HD
Screen: Grandview Large Flat 92"
Reciever: Onkyo 875
Speakers: B&W 603 S3 (L/R), B&W HTM62 (Center) some crappy old surrounds im looking to replace with decent used B&W speakers.
HTPC with HD/BR drive and all normal things.

I'll post pics later :D

Biased Truth
Dec 14, 2007

Aggressively mediocre

Television: TH-50PX75U

Speakers
Fronts: B&W 684 Cherry
Center: B&W HTM 61 Cherry
Surrounds:[url=http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=1183&sc=hthttps://m-1
Subwoofer: Jamo D4

Receiver: Integra 6.8

Xbox 360
Xbox (Modded) - Xbox Media Center

KaLogain
Dec 29, 2004

I got her number. How do you like them apples?
Cybernetic Crumb
Please Excuse the dust I'm cleaning it as we speak.

I really need to clean up these wires and find a better mouse for the htpc.

I use this coffee table to store the other remotes and other stuff. Don't mind that notebook, its years old.

Here is my dvd bookshelf, I had to get 2 extra shelves and drill my own holes to place all of the shelves to keep it space efficient.

So I have:

Sharp Aquos 46" LC46D92U LCD HDTV
Dell Inspiron 531s for a htpc, it works pretty well, though I should of got Vista Ultimate on it so I could remote into it.

A Wii, obviously.
Some samsung dvd player, I'm going to get rid of it later, once I get a Xbox 360 in here.

I just use the speakers on the tv now, though I plan to get some sort of 5.1 surround sound system and receiver set up.

I also want to get a PS3 and the HD-DVD attachment for the Xbox 360 so I get both HD types.

And I want to get some sort of Harmony remote sometime.

And I want to get a Tivo HD.

I guess that's a lot of "I wants."

I got all the furniture from Ikea. the bookshelves are in the Billy set and the coffee table and the entertainment table ting are both part of the Lakk set.

KaLogain fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 17, 2007

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Biased Truth posted:

Television: TH-50PX75U

Speakers
Fronts: B&W 684 Cherry
Center: B&W HTM 61 Cherry
Surrounds:[url=http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=1183&sc=hthttps://m-1
Subwoofer: Jamo D4

Receiver: Integra 6.8

Xbox 360
Xbox (Modded) - Xbox Media Center

is the center channels going like this :pwn:

Biased Truth
Dec 14, 2007

Aggressively mediocre

Omegaslast posted:

is the center channels going like this :pwn:

Yes, it kind of is. It's a three-way speaker. The bigger "eye" is a 150mm diameter Kevlar® midrange with FST cone surround technology and the smaller "eye" is a 165mm diameter Kevlar® bass/midrange low range.

Biased Truth fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 23, 2007

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes
I'm in a single dorm room so I have to work with what I have. I like it though. I rearranged my room soon after I took this picture though. Now my desk is against the wall to the left of the tv but all the stuff in this pic is still the same. Ignore the Halloween stuff; that's not there anymore either.

The setup:

27" Olevia 1080i TV
XBox 360
Logitech X-230 2.1 Speakers (best $50 I've spent in a long time)

I'm thinking about getting a VGA cable to hook up my Macbook to the TV so I can watch movies and listen to music through my speakers instead of the lovely speakers on the computer. The only problem is that I'll need like 2 different adapters and extension cables to convert from mini-DVI to VGA and to reach from my desk over to the TV.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Stump Truck posted:

Logitech X-230 2.1 Speakers (best $50 I've spent in a long time)

I have the same ones on my PC. They really are amazing for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

playboi
Feb 22, 2004

Sorry for the crap pics i'm far from a photographer!

GF bought me an Aeron *herman miller* couple birthdays ago, best thing ever!

Dual 3007FPWs Dell 30', bose companion5, tv is some last years blk fri special that was too good of a bargain to pass at the time.

Sony 60 SXRD - geat tv, but both myself and a friend who bought the same at the time had bulb probs, something with it not being shielded with whatever, so it was laying out ultra violet and caused screen to turn yellow. It was covered under warr and has been fine ever since.

Denon reciever, klipsche RF's, SVS cyclinder sub, rear in ceilings