Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schlaufux
Apr 28, 2007
just no stupid newbie k?

souLjah posted:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2036200

I don't know much about this guy, he seemed to be a nit, I know he was multitabling.
Do you really think the has a set here? I may be a spewtard, but top two + nuts FD = ship it in or at least call against all but the nittiest of nits. What do you look like to him? You bet when checked to on the flop which could be anything and now you're firing a 2nd barrel and he's trying to rep the ace.

quote:

The hh won't format for this hand for some reason
.5/1 nl
I get QQ

UTG+1 calls, I raise to $5, short stack next to me pushes for $17.50 total, guy to his left flat calls(he has a full buyin), folds back to me.

Not sure what to do here since the guy made a flat call, do I just call or 3bet here?

Definitely 3bet, don't give the caller too much credit for trying to make a play, he's probably hoping to get heads up against the pusher cheaply and your QQ is so far ahead of his range which could be any pocket pair and any two broadway imo (assuming he is in fact not trying to get other people in with a monster ie. KK/AA so he can shove most flops, but even that would be a really stupid move).

I'm not feeling to well today so my analysis may well suck, please point out anything you disagree with. Hope I could help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dontpanic
Aug 17, 2004
you do it to yourself

quote:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($10.89)
BB ($7.51)
Hero ($11.45)
Button ($10.28)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Jc, Ks.
Hero raises to $0.2, Button calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, 1 fold.

Flop: ($0.65) Ad, Td, Qd (3 players)
SB bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.6, Button folds, SB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.85) 7s (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.7, SB calls $0.70.

River: ($3.25) 6h (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.25

Ugh I feel lost after he calls the flop raise.

albedoa
May 3, 2004

Easy value bet. Also, bet more on the turn.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

schlaufux posted:

Do you really think the has a set here? I may be a spewtard, but top two + nuts FD = ship it in or at least call against all but the nittiest of nits. What do you look like to him? You bet when checked to on the flop which could be anything and now you're firing a 2nd barrel and he's trying to rep the ace.

Definitely 3bet, don't give the caller too much credit for trying to make a play, he's probably hoping to get heads up against the pusher cheaply and your QQ is so far ahead of his range which could be any pocket pair and any two broadway imo (assuming he is in fact not trying to get other people in with a monster ie. KK/AA so he can shove most flops, but even that would be a really stupid move).

I'm not feeling to well today so my analysis may well suck, please point out anything you disagree with. Hope I could help.

I didn't see him playing many pots but he seemed to be a nit. I def look like a nit myself thats why I am not sure what he is playing here. A worse 2pair? perhaps a multi draw? hearts+oesd? or something of that nature? Could be a set, i'd raise here too if I had a set.

I agree with the 3bet here, I don't know much about him. Do you fold if he pushes? or is his range wide enough to call?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

souLjah posted:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2036200

I don't know much about this guy, he seemed to be a nit, I know he was multitabling.

The hh won't format for this hand for some reason
.5/1 nl
I get QQ

UTG+1 calls, I raise to $5, short stack next to me pushes for $17.50 total, guy to his left flat calls(he has a full buyin), folds back to me.

Not sure what to do here since the guy made a flat call, do I just call or 3bet here?

in hand 1 I call because the SB has a flush draw a lot, and if he does and the flush comes in, the BB will be sandwiched between the two of you. I'm not planning on folding many rivers at all here.

in hand 2 ship it in.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

in hand 1 I call because the SB has a flush draw a lot, and if he does and the flush comes in, the BB will be sandwiched between the two of you. I'm not planning on folding many rivers at all here.

in hand 2 ship it in.

I wound up calling instead of raising, I was not folding here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2038447

What do you do, he bets the same amt except the pots $70+. Am I raising here? I can't see him betting a missed draw here with 2 of us in the pot and betting so little. Lower 2 pair? KQ of hearts maybe? I don't know what the proper play is.

schlaufux
Apr 28, 2007
just no stupid newbie k?

souLjah posted:

What do you do, he bets the same amt except the pots $70+. Am I raising here? I can't see him betting a missed draw here with 2 of us in the pot and betting so little. Lower 2 pair? KQ of hearts maybe? I don't know what the proper play is.

Usually I'd take the small river bet for "oh god my draw busted dont hurt me plz" and raise, the SB is either on a draw or slowplaying something big (wouldn't check the river though), I'm interested in what the other have to say because I'm not sure what the "correct" move would be here. You're probably not getting much value out of this anyway, so a call might be fine too.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

souLjah posted:

i'd flat call the turn like you did; after all this is FR etc. river again i'd just call suspecting i was beat but your odds are too good to fold. full ring players, esp at nl100, probably dont normally c/r turn and fire river into two people including the PFR who bet twice with a worse hand than top two.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

EC10 posted:

i'd flat call the turn like you did; after all this is FR etc. river again i'd just call suspecting i was beat but your odds are too good to fold. full ring players, esp at nl100, probably dont normally c/r turn and fire river into two people including the PFR who bet twice with a worse hand than top two.

I was waiting to see if others wanted to comment before I posted the results. I called his river bet and he flipped over 33. Flopped a set.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
How do you handle villains that donk into you after the flop? I'm still at 20 NL so I don't know if they are pulling a masterstroke on me or are just positionally unaware.

I know I shouldn't be results oriented, but how was my line on the flop and turn in this hand?

https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDExcTFxcDNwcTExcTMw4jAwsLAxsU%3d

I am trying not to be results oriented but I think I might have made a mistake calling the turn shove. Enlighten me.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

unoplank posted:

How do you handle villains that donk into you after the flop? I'm still at 20 NL so I don't know if they are pulling a masterstroke on me or are just positionally unaware.

I know I shouldn't be results oriented, but how was my line on the flop and turn in this hand?

I am trying not to be results oriented but I think I might have made a mistake calling the turn shove. Enlighten me.

Calling turn is terrible. What did you hope to see him turn over when you called with a gutshot straight draw?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

unoplank posted:

you can call the flop and even raise the flop sometimes, but on the turn you have to fold, if he has a pair you have AT MOST 23% equity or so, and you need more like 30% equity. calling the turn bet is REALLY REALLY bad.

if villains are making a habit of donking into you when you are the pfr, that is one thing, but you don't need to go crazy on them if they do it really rarely, they probably just do it when they have big hands or whatever.

Jan 11, 2004
$100 NL, five-handed.

I am dealt A7o in CO, raise to $4 preflop into a relatively unknown opponent in BB, who calls.

Flop arrives 7T7 rainbow. BB checks, I lead $8. BB surprises me with a check-raise to $22. I three-bet to $56. BB tanks and folds.

I feel like I misplayed this hand by re-raising instead of calling. My hope was that BB would be willing to get the chips in on the flop, but in retrospect the only hands that would call me there are TT, the other 7, or possibly a pocket overpair. I think I cost myself a sizable turn leadout by raising.

LuckySevens
Feb 16, 2004

fear not failure, fear only the limitations of our dreams

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

$100 NL, five-handed.

I am dealt A7o in CO, raise to $4 preflop into a relatively unknown opponent in BB, who calls.

Flop arrives 7T7 rainbow. BB checks, I lead $8. BB surprises me with a check-raise to $22. I three-bet to $56. BB tanks and folds.

I feel like I misplayed this hand by re-raising instead of calling. My hope was that BB would be willing to get the chips in on the flop, but in retrospect the only hands that would call me there are TT, the other 7, or possibly a pocket overpair. I think I cost myself a sizable turn leadout by raising.

He was probably bluffing, but I think I like calling and getting him to bet OOP and hopefully make a mistake. 3betting isn't terrible and if you really feel the above about the hand you should be 3betting as a bluff a lot.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Calling turn is terrible. What did you hope to see him turn over when you called with a gutshot straight draw?

I am still really new at NLHE so I was hoping he was bluffing or semi-bluffing my pfr which may have looked like a blind steal to him.

blah_blah posted:

you can call the flop and even raise the flop sometimes, but on the turn you have to fold, if he has a pair you have AT MOST 23% equity or so, and you need more like 30% equity. calling the turn bet is REALLY REALLY bad.

if villains are making a habit of donking into you when you are the pfr, that is one thing, but you don't need to go crazy on them if they do it really rarely, they probably just do it when they have big hands or whatever.

All right. So at the micro tables should I be wary of donk betters when I have missed the flop? Especially if they are doing it rarely?

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

$100 NL, five-handed.

You probably wouldn't have gotten much more money out of him either way.

At NL100 6max, very many players will C/R any paired board. That said, you are so far ahead that a call is better, especially if he is aggressive. Since the kind of player that makes this move is, you may stand to get some more money out of him.

Jan 11, 2004

LuckySevens posted:

He was probably bluffing, but I think I like calling and getting him to bet OOP and hopefully make a mistake. 3betting isn't terrible and if you really feel the above about the hand you should be 3betting as a bluff a lot.

I'm almost certain he was bluffing because that check raise is pretty bizarre. I think there was a good chance he would make an expensive turn bet had I just called his raise. The worst possible outcome of calling is for opponent to check fold, which still leaves me exactly where I was on the flop with a three-bet.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

unoplank posted:

I am still really new at NLHE so I was hoping he was bluffing or semi-bluffing my pfr which may have looked like a blind steal to him.

All right. So at the micro tables should I be wary of donk betters when I have missed the flop? Especially if they are doing it rarely?

At all tables you need to make reads. It is up to you to observe him and try to figure out what he's doing. If you say he is rarely betting and all of a sudden he is, then that is usually a good indicator that he is a passive player who finally got something to bet with. If you read him as a passive player, then don't give him any action when he starts betting.

A donkbet from someone in the blinds is very often a raggy two pair. Bad players often call out of the blinds with anything suited. With your gutter, and him brazenly betting out against you, I would have called the flop bet with the intention of folding a big turn bet (given you don't make your hand). You have some nice implied odds as well to hit your gutter. Since he has a strong hand but not very strong, he did the right thing to bet again. If he had a monster or the turn completed the flush, you would have likely seen a free river.

I'm almost certain he was bluffing because that check raise is pretty bizarre. I think there was a good chance he would make an expensive turn bet had I just called his raise. The worst possible outcome of calling is for opponent to check fold, which still leaves me exactly where I was on the flop with a three-bet.

Actually, the worst possible outcome would be the turn giving him a miracle hand and you going broke. Obviously a chance you shouldn't be afraid of, though.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 5, 2008

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
Ok. In this hand what is the best way to profit from a straight made on the turn?

I c/r'd the turn to stop possible flush draw. Would a call have been better?

https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDExcTFxcDNwcTExcDHzYjAwsLAxsU%3d

I had QcTc. Folded to me.

e: he thinks he read my soul...
...F...: hey uno can u say the truth?
Dealer: juancheebito wins $0.60
unoplank: call the bet and you get the truth
...F...: haha
...F...: its hard when one player says ur card ;)

unoplank fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 6, 2008

Jelly!
Feb 15, 2007

pAPYruS mEMBeR

unoplank posted:

Ok. In this hand what is the best way to profit from a straight made on the turn?

https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDExcTFxcDNwcTExcDHzYjAwsLAxsU%3d

I had QcTc. Folded to me.

e: he thinks he read my soul...
...F...: hey uno can u say the truth?
Dealer: juancheebito wins $0.60
unoplank: call the bet and you get the truth
...F...: haha
...F...: its hard when one player says ur card ;)

well you do have the nut straight, and yeah you kinda worry about that draw, but that means he was holding diamonds and would have to catch runner runner on that flop. id call that turn, raise river. chances are since you are check/calling, he wont bet river, so a nice bet on river might get something.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

unoplank posted:

you played it fine, sometimes people fold when you have the nuts.

(although I'd bet the flop)

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

blah_blah posted:

you played it fine, sometimes people fold when you have the nuts.

(although I'd bet the flop)

How often do you bet the flop on a draw OOP? I hate doing it and then getting raised and missing the draw.

tha_docta
Jan 22, 2002
i made ntd's hat
I always continuation bet if I hit a draw where I have nut outs.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

unoplank posted:

How often do you bet the flop on a draw OOP? I hate doing it and then getting raised and missing the draw.

when i raise preflop and flop a two-card oesd and someone checks in front of me, 100%.

tha_docta posted:

I always continuation bet if I hit a draw where I have nut outs.

I can think of situations where you shouldn't (most of them in 3bet pots involving one card straight draws to the nuts), but this is a pretty decent rule of thumb.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 6, 2008

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
Thanks guys, it's all slowly starting to sink in.

The main reason I checked to the guy on the button was because he was playing very tight the entire session and only calling preflop raises cold with pocket pairs and suited aces. I am usually always c-betting when I have raised preflop but this guys style made me think that I could get a cheaper draw to the nut straight by letting him take the lead on the flop.

I'm slowly realizing that NLHE is a LOT more complicated than LHE. But just thinking through hands like this and REALLY thinking about position when raising/re-raising has already increased my game ten-fold.

For example:

Limit may have made me just not think about stuff, but even after over 3 months of playing I was still relying on my SSHE pre-flop chart for almost eveyrthing. "OH poo poo! He raised from EP and I'm on the button with KQs what do I do!!!" type poo poo that I would consult the chart for immediately. I had no sense of dominated hands like KJ, KT, etc. (Only costs a few bets to find out if you are dominated right? lol @ LHE thought processes)

Anyway, after just ONE week of only NLHE cash and some reading of HoH I no longer use the preflop chart and am way more aware of position.

It has also helped me realize that my post-flop skills are atrocious (as demonstrated by a few hands I have posted here). Which I think I am slowly seeing an improvement in from just simply posting my own hands here as opposed to just reading through others that have been posted.

Sorry for the length of the message.

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
:[
Seat 1: bigblue9280 (21.00 in chips)
Seat 2: imaSCATMAN (61.90 in chips)
Seat 3: lockmonster (72.50 in chips)
Seat 8: gmarz (26.00 in chips)
Seat 9: Btrain4017 (26.20 in chips)
Seat 10: evenstarline (38.70 in chips)
bigblue9280: posts small blind $0.25
imaSCATMAN: posts big blind $0.50
Dealt to imaSCATMAN [ Jh 9h ]
lockmonster: raises to $2
gmarz: folds
Btrain4017: calls
evenstarline: folds
bigblue9280: folds
imaSCATMAN: calls
*** FLOP *** [ 6s 9d 7s ]
imaSCATMAN: checks
lockmonster: bets $4.75
Btrain4017: calls
imaSCATMAN: calls
*** TURN *** [ 4c ]
lockmonster: checks
Btrain4017: checks
*** RIVER *** [ Kd ]
lockmonster: checks
Btrain4017: is all in
imaSCATMAN: folds
lockmonster: calls

Here's a hand I was kind of uncomfortable with the other day.

I called PF closing the action because Btrain is an idiot and lockmonster was pretty aggressive iirc.

This is a great flop for me and I was really torn between a c/r and just calling. After Btrain called I opted just to call and see the turn. I am not really scared of straight draws on this board, but OCs did worry me.

Turn is great again but I hate donking on the turn like this so I check again, may have been a big mistake. River fold probably pretty standard he pushed almost a PSB .

Do you guys c/r that flop ~100% of the time? Btrain is a big station and can be calling there with any two OCs and most pairs, I gave him too much credit in the heat of the moment I think.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Here's a silly hand with AA. I'm not very good at folding AA, but this seems like one of those situations?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Something Awful)

saw flop|saw showdown

UTG ($5.24)
UTG+1 ($2.53)
MP1 ($2.88)
MP2 ($1.87)
MP3 ($7.71)
Hero ($1.24)
Button ($1.07)
SB ($4.85)
BB ($4.88)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A :d:, A :s:.
UTG raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.32, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.24, MP2 calls $0.24, MP3 calls $0.24.

Flop: ($1.31) 5 :h:, Q :c:, J :h: (4 players)
UTG bets $4.92 (All-In), MP2 calls $1.55 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero?

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
On the AA hand, you're getting about 3 to 1 on a call so it can't really be too bad. With the good overlay and drawy board I would call this. Someone might have a set or two pair, but it is perfectly reasonable for UTG to have a FD and MP2 calling with KQ.

Any reads? UTG pushing here is really weird, he did show strength PF but I wouldn't fold here unless you were much deeper; reload next time your stack gets below 100BBs.

ZeroStar fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 6, 2008

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ZeroStar posted:

On the AA hand, you're getting about 3 to 1 on a call so it can't really be too bad. With the good overlay and drawy board I would call this. Someone might have a set or two pair, but it is perfectly reasonable for UTG to have a FD and MP2 calling with KQ.

Any reads? UTG pushing here is really weird, he did show strength PF but I wouldn't fold here unless you were much deeper; reload next time your stack gets below 100BBs.

No reads, I was fairly new to the table. I've been learning to play NL so I've been playing 50 BB stacks because I tend to stack off with overpairs :v:

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
Ok, gotcha. In general you can't go wrong stacking off on the flop with 50BBs against most NL2 players I would think.

To fold an overpair you're going to either need to see a LOT of strength from your opponents, or the board is going to have to be abysmal. You're obviously going to fold more to tight opponents which you should be able to identify, if all of a sudden they are check raising a flop you might want to get away from your hand. Against loose and/or aggressive players you shouldn't be folding flops like the one you posted. I think it's pretty weird for UTG to play a set/2 pair like he is, it really looks like he wants someone to fold. You could be beat by the other guy, but he is probably going broke there with any queen, and possibly some draws.

I'd like to hear what some other people say but it's an easy call in my book.

Biggy_
Jan 17, 2006

boom boom boom let me hear you say bale BALE
2 hands from a session tonight I'm not sure about...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2056300 - I check my bb and 100 people see a flop, the dreaded minraise on the turn made me think he had some random 8 or maybe AQ?. As played call riv?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2056303 - This is me basically playing my aces "zomg 2 other people saw the flop with a flush draw out there". The cold call on the flop seemed suspicious. Is it ok getting my stack in there?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Devo posted:

Here's a silly hand with AA. I'm not very good at folding AA, but this seems like one of those situations?

You're 60 BB deep and you already got a quarter of your stack in, with AA if you got it in on every single flop with 60 BB after getting 16 BB pin preflop, I don't think you'd ever be making a huge mistake.

Here it's a trivially easy call.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I did end up getting it in, I couldn't pass that up with so much of my stack committed. I'm afraid I might be a little results oriented this hand, but I asked because if my opponents are paying any attention here at all my hand is fairly face up.

UTG had JJ and MP had Q5 ( :lol: )

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Devo posted:

I did end up getting it in, I couldn't pass that up with so much of my stack committed. I'm afraid I might be a little results oriented this hand, but I asked because if my opponents are paying any attention here at all my hand is fairly face up.

UTG had JJ and MP had Q5 ( :lol: )

Even if your hand were literally face up, you got a quarter of your stack in before the flop. No matter what they had, they didn't get implied odds to hit it on the flop so you'd never be making a mistake against their range in the long run if you got it in on every single flop no matter what.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

unoplank posted:

Limit may have made me just not think about stuff, but even after over 3 months of playing I was still relying on my SSHE pre-flop chart for almost eveyrthing. "OH poo poo! He raised from EP and I'm on the button with KQs what do I do!!!" type poo poo that I would consult the chart for immediately. I had no sense of dominated hands like KJ, KT, etc. (Only costs a few bets to find out if you are dominated right? lol @ LHE thought processes)

Anyway, after just ONE week of only NLHE cash and some reading of HoH I no longer use the preflop chart and am way more aware of position.

It has also helped me realize that my post-flop skills are atrocious (as demonstrated by a few hands I have posted here). Which I think I am slowly seeing an improvement in from just simply posting my own hands here as opposed to just reading through others that have been posted.

Sorry for the length of the message.

I think I'm having the same experience. Plus NLHE is just way more fun in general. Every time I call a shove after thinking it through and deducing that they don't have it, and I'm right, I get a little rush. It's amazing.

artard
Sep 11, 2001
I used to play shitloads of limit, probably because I started playing online poker like 7 years ago when everyone still played limit and no limit cash games were sparsely populated. Anyway, I have no idea why I played it so long because it's the most unsatisfying game in the world to win a "big" pot in. A totally standard limit situation that makes me hate the game is when I raise preflop, get a couple callers, flop a monster (set, flush, whatever), bet, get raised, reraise, call. Bet turn, raise, raise, call, bet river, call, and then they turn over another strong hand and oh boy I just won a 20BB pot with the best hand I've had in an hour, how exciting! Whereas if it was no limit I probably would have gotten all the money in on the flop, they suck out on the river but at least I know that I got a ton of money in as a favorite!

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
I definitely have more fun in NLHE than I ever did in LHE. The only thing I miss about Limit is getting to see a lot more showdowns. I feel like I can get reads on opponents better if I see exactly what they were doing with what.

Raking in 200BB pots is definitely a bonus when your monster hits too.

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
Hello PITR.

I don't post much here but am gonna start because from reading this thread I think the advice is superior to 2p2 and I need it because I suck.
ty in advance.

I just sat down a few hands ago and already lost a small pot to villain when he checked behind his TPTK on a draw heavy flop then called my turn and river bets.

Spew or standard?
Hand1:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Button ($102.95)
SB ($20.45)
BB ($186.15)
UTG ($16.85)
MP ($111.85)
Hero ($102.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Tc, Ad.
2 folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) 2h, 9c, Ah (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $6.5, BB raises to $21, Hero raises to $55, BB raises to $182.15, Hero calls $43.65 (All-In).

Turn: ($205.80) 8c (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($205.80) 6c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Hand 2: Villain just sat down. No reads. I am particularly interested in how to play the turn vs his minraise. I called to call any river & not fold out worse.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comflopturnriver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Hero ($312)
SB ($119.55)
BB ($100)
UTG ($52.20)
MP ($70.55)
CO ($81.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ah, Ad.
3 folds, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) 5h, Ac, 7c (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB calls $6.

Turn: ($20.50) 3s (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $14, BB raises to $28, Hero calls $14.

River: ($76.50) Tc (2 players)
BB bets $62 (All-In), Hero calls $62.

Final Pot: $200.5

niknik fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 6, 2008

artard
Sep 11, 2001
Hand 1: Spew. The only thing you're ahead of is someone way overplaying a flush/straight draw or worse ace and if you're behind you don't even have any backdoor outs or anything. Basically, don't play TPGK for stacks unless you have a strong read that your opponent is retarded.
Hand 2: Bet a little more on flop (like $7.50) and bet ~$20 into the $24ish turn pot that will result and you have an easy reraise push when he mincheckraises.

artard fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Hand 1: Unless you have some sort of insane history with villian it is pure spew.
Hand 2: You are letting him draw to his club flush cheaply. Shove turn next time please. Are you really that scared of 46?

• Locked thread