Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
We don't wanna slow down here do we? He's 40/3/1.3. Less than 50 hand sample tho.

http://www.holdemmanager.net
NL Holdem $1(BB) Poker Stars Game#15312931984

laobratt ($47.20)
C_BARTON78 ($38.85)
ice1963 ($83.85)
SHIFTNECK ($37.25)
pudman99 ($82.35)
albastar ($93)
nicknick552 ($342.70)
pgil ($123.30)
The Ferret 1 ($96.50)

laobratt posts (SB) $0.50
C_BARTON78 posts (BB) $1

Dealt to nicknick552 As Ah
fold, fold, call, fold,
nicknick552 raises to $5
fold, fold, fold, call, call,

FLOP ($15.50) Jc 5c 3c
check,
pudman99 bets $2
nicknick552 raises to $16
C_BARTON78 folds
pudman99 calls $14

TURN ($47.50) Jc 5c 3c 7h
pudman99 bets $6
nicknick552 raises to $321.70
its $55 to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
Also this 1:
No reads.

http://www.holdemmanager.net
NL Holdem $1(BB) Poker Stars Game#15313383807

EtOi ($158.10)
natmailus ($96)
grampadan ($38.75)
quakeguy ($97.80)
DannyOhBoy ($100)
IV730 ($63.45)
nicknick552 ($118.60)

EtOi posts (SB) $0.50
natmailus posts (BB) $1

Dealt to nicknick552 9h 9c
fold, call, fold,
IV730 raises to $3
call, fold, fold, call,

FLOP ($10.50) 3c 7h Jh
check,
IV730 bets $7
nicknick552 calls $7
quakeguy folds

TURN ($24.50) 3c 7h Jh 8c
IV730 bets $10
nicknick552 raises to $67
$44 to him.

albedoa
May 3, 2004

First hand is perfect. You can fold to a push on the flop.

Second hand, I usually 3-bet 99 even against 60BB. I see your turn raise as very -EV, as his calling range includes mostly things that beat you and strong draws. He's been the aggressor on all three streets.

Your hand converter absolutely loving sucks still.

Psyduck
Oct 27, 2004
I WON $1,424,500 AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SHITTY CUSTOM TITLE
It's too bad the nits have all the money though.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
https://www.pokerhand.org

Hand1 Not sure hand 1

Hand2 I don't like the turn raise, I don't think you will get called by many hands you beat. Id probably just flat call here. See what he does on the river.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
Dont know anything about this guy.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2110133

If I can put this guy on a pair, whatever pair on that board or even a small pp. Can I make this call with two over cards?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2110141

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

ez call in hand 2, but 3bet to $9 next time please

Jelly!
Feb 15, 2007

pAPYruS mEMBeR

souLjah posted:

Dont know anything about this guy.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2110133

If I can put this guy on a pair, whatever pair on that board or even a small pp. Can I make this call with two over cards?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2110141

hand1: shove, there aren't any hands you aren't crushing pf or flop. possible JKo, AJ,AK. id put him on AJ though.

hand2: call, he doesnt have much behind him. possible mid pp.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

ez call in hand 2, but 3bet to $9 next time please

Are you talking to me or niknik?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

souLjah posted:

Are you talking to me or niknik?

to you. also i'm really not a fan of your play in the first hand but as played river is probably a shove.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

to you. also i'm really not a fan of your play in the first hand but as played river is probably a shove.

So how would you play it? 3bet to 9 and 3/4 pot on flop?

I put the guy on air on that flop, def not hitting it. I wanted to get another bet out of him on the turn since there were no draws cept 45, A4.

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
souljah you're asking how to extract w the TTT right? I would make it 60 and call a shove.

Also bet more on the turn.

2nd hand - I spite call this 100% of the time vs his stack, don't care if I'm behind.

niknik fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 16, 2008

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

niknik posted:

souljah you're asking how to extract w the TTT right? I would make it 60 and call a shove.

Also bet more on the turn.

2nd hand - I spite call this 100% of the time vs his stack, don't care if I'm behind.
How much do you bet on the turn? Pot was 20.

I was asking what you do on the river there. I am trying stack off here every time right?

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
Do you usually bet half pot on the turn? I would bet 16 prolly. Would set up the river better. Looking at stack sizes more i would timebank for a bit on the river and then shove.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

niknik posted:

Do you usually bet half pot on the turn? I would bet 16 prolly. Would set up the river better. Looking at stack sizes more i would timebank for a bit on the river and then shove.

Really depends on the hand but based on me thinking he was weak, I thought half pot was good. I figured 3/4 pot would show my real strength and he might fold thinking I had a set. I figured he put me on a pair or mid pp. If it was more drawy than I would of bet pot.

For some reason I really felt beat here. I had put him on AQ AK any over pair and his lead on the river suprised me. I thought about it for a while and tanked till the very end and instead of raising just called. I know it was the wrong move because I am ahead of a lot of hands but I felt like I was beat here. He flipped over AQ :(

souLjah fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 17, 2008

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
you're so ill. yeh i never give people credit for runner runnering me. nh.

the only time i bet half pot on the turn is when i'm HU w a really short stack and think they will fold to a shove/pot size bet.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

niknik posted:

you're so ill. yeh i never give people credit for runner runnering me. nh.

the only time i bet half pot on the turn is when i'm HU w a really short stack and think they will fold to a shove/pot size bet.

I should be raising their every time. :( I just got lucky I guess lol.

I find myself battling a lot of TAG's on cake nl100 tables. Majority of the time if i raise, they fold. There are a few regs that will check a missed flop with air instead of cbetting, in a heads up pot! lol Good to know though :)

I see that you are very aggressive and I think its the right way to play but do you find yourself running into sets often or not that much? I have seen some situations where you kept barreling while I would have slowed up thinking a set was there. Granted there wasn't but do you stack off and if its a set, so be it? What slows you up pretty much? Just curious

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world

souLjah posted:

I see that you are very aggressive and I think its the right way to play but do you find yourself running into sets often or not that much? I have seen some situations where you kept barreling while I would have slowed up thinking a set was there. Granted there wasn't but do you stack off and if its a set, so be it? What slows you up pretty much? Just curious
I'm not good man, I broke even forever at stars 6max Nl100 and I just switched to FR. Doing much better there but I'll get back to you in about 50k hands. In terms of aggression, I looked at my 2007 graph in holdem manager and it shows 3 lines, total winnings, showdown winnings, and non-showdown winnings. My non-showdown line just went straight down forever - I was just giving money away check/folding flops in position as the PFR and generally playing like a little bitch. Somehow I managed to do this at the same time as spewing in random nonsensical spots.

So yeh now I'm trying to ramp up my aggression but in the right way, if a station at the table is just calling me down and i get to the river w an overpair on a fairly decent board and i can shove for pot I do it every time because if i don't the station will just check their TPNK that they would call me with and I lose value. On the other hand I also pay off nits way 2 much with overpairs so I think pot control vs nits + value shoving vs stations is something I'm really gonna shoot for at FR.

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
:[
https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDFx8TFxcHCxsTExMbGw4jHwcHBxMA%3d

Weird pre flop spot I was in, I'm looking for advice on both decisions I made. I had AKo this hand.

Bisket opens, I just flat call because of his small stack, I'm looking to get it in on any flop I hit and sometimes try to push him off a hand if I miss. I didn't want to 3bet because I figured he would just push all pairs and fold everything I beat; is that better in general? I actually think a lot of the time he will just flat a 3bet like an idiot leaving me in a weird position after the flop.

Then M3gz 3bets. He is a nitty ultra exploitable multi tabler, I am absolutely positive his range is TT+ and AK at the very loosest. Against a predictable opponent like this should I try to see a flop? The all in did not re-open the betting so I could get in for ~1/5th my effective stack.

If I get called I am never making any money from worse from M3gz unless it's a massive cooler with my straight vs. his set. With that info, call or fold?

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

niknik posted:

I'm not good man, I broke even forever at stars 6max Nl100 and I just switched to FR. Doing much better there but I'll get back to you in about 50k hands. In terms of aggression, I looked at my 2007 graph in holdem manager and it shows 3 lines, total winnings, showdown winnings, and non-showdown winnings. My non-showdown line just went straight down forever - I was just giving money away check/folding flops in position as the PFR and generally playing like a little bitch. Somehow I managed to do this at the same time as spewing in random nonsensical spots.

So yeh now I'm trying to ramp up my aggression but in the right way, if a station at the table is just calling me down and i get to the river w an overpair on a fairly decent board and i can shove for pot I do it every time because if i don't the station will just check their TPNK that they would call me with and I lose value. On the other hand I also pay off nits way 2 much with overpairs so I think pot control vs nits + value shoving vs stations is something I'm really gonna shoot for at FR.

What was your bb/100? If i understand correctly, 6max is more aggressive than FR so you should have won more without showdown? is that correct?

I played full time last feb to april and in the span of like 110k hands i had like a 4bb/100. This was all on cake though. Don't know much except for that and this is the way I play. I do feel I need to be more aggressive than I have been. I am running much lower now in regards to bb/100 for the past 40k hands, under 3 but i believe im running a little bad right now.

I think im trying to find a good balance between being aggressive and being a tight nit.

Also how many tables do you play? I 8 table

souLjah fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 17, 2008

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

souLjah posted:

So how would you play it? 3bet to 9 and 3/4 pot on flop?

it really depends on how many callers you get. you give the shorty a chance to shove over your 3bet pf, which is good, but I'm not cbetting into 3 people if you get that many callers (you probably won't though).

In the second hand, I think you should 3bet preflop as well. I realize that this might not be something that you work into your FR game, and that's fine too though. The problem is that you need to take such a passive line by just calling even when you hit a set and ch/f a ton of flops in position, which kind of sucks.

I'd definitely raise to $15 on the flop some decent percentage of the time although just calling behind is fine. I think you should bet a little more on the turn, and river has obviously been discussed.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

it really depends on how many callers you get. you give the shorty a chance to shove over your 3bet pf, which is good, but I'm not cbetting into 3 people if you get that many callers (you probably won't though).

In the second hand, I think you should 3bet preflop as well. I realize that this might not be something that you work into your FR game, and that's fine too though. The problem is that you need to take such a passive line by just calling even when you hit a set and ch/f a ton of flops in position, which kind of sucks.

I'd definitely raise to $15 on the flop some decent percentage of the time although just calling behind is fine. I think you should bet a little more on the turn, and river has obviously been discussed.

I won't cbet into 3 people lol. It does suck cause any real aggression pretty much screams set to all these nits. A lot of them won't stack off with an overpair :(

I would probably 3/4 pot it on the turn now after going over it.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
I totally screwed this hand up. Do I call the 1/2 pot on the river? If he raised the turn I was done with the hand. I was thinking a set since he flat called the turn hoping I would bet the river. I had AA.

https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDFwMTFxcHGwcTExMDMzIjFwcPFwM0%3d

I have AK. Whats the better move here to get the money in. I think my raise was too much but I didn't want to min raise him either. Would I be better off flat calling and letting him bet again on the turn, if he does? Pretty dry flop.

https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDFwMTFxcfCxcTExMHGwojFwcPFwM0%3d

I have Ad Kd , I was gonna 3bet to 12 PF but chose not to, than I flat called the turn. I expected him to slow down and bet 1/2 pot or so but he pretty much bet pot on the turn which suprised me. I was gonna c/r him but wasn't sure what to do cause of the pot size bet he made. Than he bet pot again on the river. I think this was another one of those hands i screwed up lol. AJ and KQ are the only two hands im worried about here.
https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDFwMTFxcfCxcTExMDNx4jFwcPFwM0%3d

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
Souljah:

Hand 1:
He could be bluffing a missed spade draw but it's kind of read dependent. Against straightforward players it's an easy fold I think, I would expect all one pair hands to check behind. It looks like he either has a missed FD or two pair with QJ or something.

Hand 2:
I would probably flat the flop and let AT or whatever think they're good and then bet or raise the turn to try and get it in by the river. The only draw you're letting come in is a gutshot to broadway but flat calling is great I think, probably the only way to get more value from Ax hands especially if he makes two pair on the turn.

Hand 3:
You played really passively so you might have to just close your eyes and call. Tough hand, I wouldn't feel good either way without some sort of read it's probably really close. If his PFR range is tight (he did open from MP in a FR game) the only thing he can be VBing is AQ so it's probably a fold. I'm undecided on this one.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

ZeroStar posted:

Souljah:

Hand 1:
He could be bluffing a missed spade draw but it's kind of read dependent. Against straightforward players it's an easy fold I think, I would expect all one pair hands to check behind. It looks like he either has a missed FD or two pair with QJ or something.

Hand 2:
I would probably flat the flop and let AT or whatever think they're good and then bet or raise the turn to try and get it in by the river. The only draw you're letting come in is a gutshot to broadway but flat calling is great I think, probably the only way to get more value from Ax hands especially if he makes two pair on the turn.

Hand 3:
You played really passively so you might have to just close your eyes and call. Tough hand, I wouldn't feel good either way without some sort of read it's probably really close. If his PFR range is tight (he did open from MP in a FR game) the only thing he can be VBing is AQ so it's probably a fold. I'm undecided on this one.

Hand1: I don't see too many nl100 cake players who bluff the river on a missed draw but I have no reads. I truly think he value bet whatever it was. Everybody and anybody on cake calls with a pocket pair for their SET, I think he just got tricky since he was in position and smooth called the turn hoping I would bet the river. I know I have done that before but usually the guy slows down which I did and then I bet half pot which he did. lol

Hand2: I agree, I think I should have flatted and bumped the turn.

Hand3: I think I screwed myself in playing so passively. The turn bet is what really just got me thinking, why 16, pretty much potting the turn got me second guessing myself. JJ is also another hand im beat with :(

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world

Hand1: I call because i have AA and it's only a half pot bet on the river.

Hand2: I like raising to 13 or 14 pre. The flop is great one to flat in position. I would probably flat the turn again if he fired it big and raise him on the river when most of the money is already in. No reason to raise him on the turn if he fires it again.

Hand3: If this wasn't blind v button I would like how you played this a lot. The A doesn't scare him by the river and there's not much you beat, but there's no reason not to raise PF. I dunno, I might call the river just because its BvB but I'm a station and I think it's def more of a fold than a call.

Edit: Oops...I don't know why I thought this was BVB. Still 3-bet PF. Good fold I think.

niknik fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 18, 2008

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
This is a hand I played yesterday where I got tricky vs someone I perceive to be solid. What do you guys think?

I checked the river because I felt like my line looked pretty bluffy and I was hoping he would take a stab. Fancy play or sweet inducement?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comflopturnriver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Button ($94)
SB (Hero) ($135.65)
BB ($53.40)
UTG ($100)
MP1 ($111.30)
MP2 ($135.15)
CO ($27.70)

Preflop:Hero is SB with Qc, Qh.
UTG raises to $4, 4 folds, SB (Hero) raises to $13, 1 fold, UTG calls $9.

Flop: ($27) 6h, 3s, Qd (2 players)
SB (Hero) checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($27) 9d (2 players)
Hero bets $20, UTG calls $20.

River: ($67) 8c (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $67 (All-In), Hero calls $67.

Final Pot: $201

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

niknik posted:

Hand1: I call because i have AA and it's only a half pot bet on the river.

Hand2: I like raising to 13 or 14 pre. The flop is great one to flat in position. I would probably flat the turn again if he fired it big and raise him on the river when most of the money is already in. No reason to raise him on the turn if he fires it again.

Hand3: If this wasn't blind v button I would like how you played this a lot. The A doesn't scare him by the river and there's not much you beat, but there's no reason not to raise PF. I dunno, I might call the river just because its BvB but I'm a station and I think it's def more of a fold than a call.

Edit: Oops...I don't know why I thought this was BVB. Still 3-bet PF. Good fold I think.

Hand1: When he bet half the pot, he left like 15 behind him. Why not push? Thats what made me think he had a set or something big and he was value betting me. His stack was less than pot and he was afraid I wouldn't call a push I think.

souLjah fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 18, 2008

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

niknik posted:

This is a hand I played yesterday where I got tricky vs someone I perceive to be solid. What do you guys think?

I checked the river because I felt like my line looked pretty bluffy and I was hoping he would take a stab. Fancy play or sweet inducement?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comflopturnriver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Button ($94)
SB (Hero) ($135.65)
BB ($53.40)
UTG ($100)
MP1 ($111.30)
MP2 ($135.15)
CO ($27.70)

Preflop:Hero is SB with Qc, Qh.
UTG raises to $4, 4 folds, SB (Hero) raises to $13, 1 fold, UTG calls $9.

Flop: ($27) 6h, 3s, Qd (2 players)
SB (Hero) checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($27) 9d (2 players)
Hero bets $20, UTG calls $20.

River: ($67) 8c (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $67 (All-In), Hero calls $67.

Final Pot: $201

If you think he will def bet if you show weakness by checking the river, than its a good play but I don't know if I would trust him to bet for me on the river. I'd rather value bet him I think than hope he bets.

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world

souLjah posted:

Hand1: When he bet half the pot, he left like 15 behind him. Why not push? Thats what made me think he had a set or something big and he was value betting me. His stack was less than pot and he was afraid I wouldn't call a push I think.
Yeh I don't think a fold is bad, but since I'm a station I would think: "but he's not even full stacked which means he might just be retarded and not thinking that much..fk it I have an overpair and I'm getting 3-1."

Biggy_
Jan 17, 2006

boom boom boom let me hear you say bale BALE
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2125527 - This guy was giving me a lot of trouble, had position on me on all my tables and was 3betting and tangling with me a lot. Obviously my 2 barrel failed and was going to give up on the river, but then I suckout (hopefully). I only bet half the pot which seems pretty weak, I was almost going to shove as it looks like my 2 barrel failed and I'm just trying to steal the pot, and I could get called by a bunch of pp's. Anyone agree?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2125557 - This guy seemed pretty spewy, he overvalued marginal hands preflop. I saw him call a 4bet with a9s with 2 other people to act behind him and also 3 barreled with KJ high against a station. Thats the only reasoning I can give for calling down with 2nd pair, seems like a good riv, no?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2125601 - Am I good ever here?

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
https://cakepoker.com/HandHistory/?Hand=xcDFwcTFxcHMxsTExMXFzYjHwcHBxMA%3d

I have JJ in this hand. I think I made a pretty standard 3bet from the SB because I don't really want to see the flop 4 ways, the original raiser is loose and spewy and the other two are unknowns.

Then HarborSeal flats me from the BB. He is fairly aggressive with open raises PF from what my notes tell me, he's basically a TAG. At first I didn't want to put any more money into the pot unless I hit a set or an OP because I know his range has got to be ultra tight here.

What do you guys do on this flop? I bet out because I think most people will have TT-KK more often than AK in this spot but I think I should have made it $2-3 more. What if the board was 2tone/rainbow?

Biggy_
Jan 17, 2006

boom boom boom let me hear you say bale BALE
I lead out there too, it helps a lot if you have the Js, but his turn bet screams of an ace/fullhouse so definately right to fold.

ZeroStar
Dec 18, 2006
Biggy:

Hand 1:
You would be calling a bet yourself if you check so it is probably best to bet. It's a really tough spot because you can't really bet/fold with your stack. It's hard to put him on a hand because he is just calling two streets IP. I think he might be on JT-AT and doesn't want to fold TP but also isn't going to raise for fear of an OP or something. He could be slowplaying a set or something but I think bet/calling like $35 is good because he will call it (roughly) the same as $25 and you have to call a shove anyways.

Hand 2:
I would probably be happy to check behind here, I don't think he can call with many worse hands.

Hand 3:
I would just give up as well. He did 3bet PF so he can easily have TT+, I think good jacks will probably flat your c/r too. I would need some sort of read to make a call here (or CRAI) because if he is really aggressive he could be trying to bail himself out with AK because he thinks you'll fold without a jack or 6. In general I would not give most NL50 players credit for being able to pull off a bluff like this. One of the biggest problems I used to have was thinking people were playing back at me when at these levels it hardly ever happens, he probably has a jack and was trying to get you to donk the turn.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
Three hands at $100 NL 6-max:

1) 5-handed, I am in the sb dealt J:d:J:c:, $82 in chips.

Folded to villain ($99) in button, who limps.

I raise to $5. I have been raising and re-raising this particular villain relentlessly and he has paid me heavily with flop folds and turn folds.

Villain calls. Flop comes 9:d: 3:c: 8:d:. I lead $9 as a standard c-bet and villain surprises me by minraising to $18. I suspect air or a flush draw looking for a free turn because I cannot see any legit holding making that play. I call.

Turn comes 9:s:. I check, villain bets $21. I raise to $60.

2) Different table, 5-handed. I am in sb with K:d:K:s:, $179 in chips.

UTG folds, CO calls ($54), button calls. I raise to $5. CO calls, button calls.

Flop comes 8:d: 7:s: 8:c:. I bet $14. CO calls, button folds.

Turn comes A:h:. I lead $30, figuring this player is unlikely to limp-call a big ace and likely to fold a small ace to aggression. I figure that if I check, I will have to fold to a bet.

3) 6-handed at yet a third table. I have been raising with impunity and have made $60 at this table raising and c-betting. Folded to me in cutoff, I hold 8:c:9:d: with $159 in chips. I raise to $4. Button calls, BB calls ($60).

Flop comes 2:d: 3:d: Q:d:. BB checks, I bet $10. Button folds, BB calls.

Turn comes 7:d:. BB pushes $46. I beat four flushes and lose to four so I decide to call, thinking this open push is more unlikely versus the A or K flush.

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world

In hand 1: You are 3-betting OOP against a guy that has been giving you a lot of trouble and will be difficult to play against post flop. Also he is raising from MP so his range is tighter than if it was a button raise. I would like the hand a lot more if you were in position. As played I think bet/calling river is fine but would expect to be beat if he shoved.

Hand2: Given read on villain I think this is OK as long as you checked behind river since he's never folding anything that beats you if you bet and I'm not 100% sure you have the best hand given the action.

Hand3: I think OOP you can safely fold 99 PF here unless you guys are deeper for set mining purposes or have some crazy history/know he's 3betting you light.

Crappy spot I probably play it the same, except maybe a slightly bigger flop bet like you said.

niknik fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 20, 2008

albedoa
May 3, 2004

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

3) 6-handed at yet a third table. I have been raising with impunity and have made $60 at this table raising and c-betting. Folded to me in cutoff, I hold 8:c:9:d: with $159 in chips. I raise to $4. Button calls, BB calls ($60).

Flop comes 2:d: 3:d: Q:d:. BB checks, I bet $10. Button folds, BB calls.

Turn comes 7:d:. BB pushes $46. I beat four flushes and lose to four so I decide to call, thinking this open push is more unlikely versus the A or K flush.

Can we assume you hit some sort of flush here?

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

albedoa posted:

Can we assume you hit some sort of flush here?

I had 9:d: per my post which makes the Q9723:d: flush. I guess I don't understand the question. If you're asking if it's safe to assume opponent holds a flush - I think it's pretty likely although I think the huge leadout is not consistent with a big flush and is either a small flush or perhaps a bluff trying to fold out a weak flush.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 20, 2008

Buddy Jesus
Dec 20, 2006
"How you doin'?"

I had 9:d: per my post which makes the Q9723:d: flush. I guess I don't understand the question. If you're asking if it's safe to assume opponent holds a flush - I think it's pretty likely although I think the huge leadout is not consistent with a big flush and is either a small flush or perhaps a bluff trying to fold out a weak flush.

you haven't told us anything about the BB. From what I can tell, it looks like he doesn't want action. Any of the diamonds that beat you might do this expecting that you'll call down with a lot more of the flushes that he beats than those that beat him. In other words, it looks like he wants to push you off and he figures that's the best way to get the most action from you.

It's hard to tell without knowing if he's seen you call down a big bet like that, or if he's just a loose-aggressive, or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albedoa
May 3, 2004

Oh my, the little suit graphics don't show up at my workplace. Sorry about that.

• Locked thread