Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

Buddy Jesus posted:

you haven't told us anything about the BB. From what I can tell, it looks like he doesn't want action. Any of the diamonds that beat you might do this expecting that you'll call down with a lot more of the flushes that he beats than those that beat him. In other words, it looks like he wants to push you off and he figures that's the best way to get the most action from you.

It's hard to tell without knowing if he's seen you call down a big bet like that, or if he's just a loose-aggressive, or what.

I'm confused as to what you're saying here. You say "call down", but it's a shove, there's no calling down, this is the end of the hand here.

You're saying he "doesn't want action" but then that he "thinks that that's the best way to get action". I think you need to know what level he's thinking at before you can make these statements and I think at best you might give him credit for second level here, in which case he made this bet with a low flush hoping that he could get flushes that beat him to fold (but, of course, not the A:d: ) - if you have anything but the A:d: then you have to think for a while about it, but I think he's doing this with low diamonds a lot more than he's doing it with high ones. If he had the A:d: or even possibly the K:d: then he probably would bet less and hope that he gets calls from lower flushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amadeus
Mar 7, 2006
Got a Deep Stacks query.

Villian has VPIP of 18% and a Flop Aggression Factor of 3.3 (over 1200 hands).

Blinds: $1 / $2

Seat 1: MP ( $195 )
Seat 2: CO ( $740.90 )
Seat 3: Hero ( $307.85 )
Seat 4: SB ( $492.30 )
Seat 5: BB ( $395 )
Seat 6: EP ( $211.75 )

Preflop: Hero is Button with T:c: 9:c:
1 fold, CO calls $2, Hero raises to $10, 1 fold, BB calls $10, EP calls $10, CO calls $10

Flop: 7:h: 8:h: 6:h: ($43)
BB bets $32, 2 folds, Hero raises to $80, BB raises to $385, Hero calls $297.85

Are we happy to get it in there with 150bb stacks, or should I just call the donk bet and re-eval turn?

Edit: Fixed up some Hand Converter issues & some pebcak.

amadeus fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 21, 2008

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

amadeus posted:

Got a Deep Stacks query.

Villian has VPIP of 18% and a Flop Aggression Factor of 3.3 (over 1200 hands).

Blinds: $1 / $2

Seat 1: MP ( $195 )
Seat 2: CO ( $740.90 )
Seat 3: ( $307.85 )
Seat 4: SB ( $492.30 )
Seat 5: BB ( $395 )
Seat 6: EP ( $211.75 )

Preflop: Hero is Button with T:c: 9:c:
1 fold, CO calls $2, Hero raises to $10, BB calls $10, EP calls $10, CO calls $10

Flop: 7:h: 8:h: 6:h: ($43)
BB bets $32, 2 folds, Hero raises to $80, BB raises to $385, Hero calls $297.85

Are we happy to get it in there with 250bb stacks, or should I just call the donk bet and re-eval turn?

Probably the worst flop ever for your hand. With his flop aggression I think raising his donk bet was all right, but I would have given up to his huge re-raise.

If he had put you on overcards and was trying to take the pot on the flop, don't you think he would have given up to your raise?

I'm a noob and a nit so I could be way off.

amadeus
Mar 7, 2006

unoplank posted:

Probably the worst flop ever for your hand. With his flop aggression I think raising his donk bet was all right, but I would have given up to his huge re-raise.

If he had put you on overcards and was trying to take the pot on the flop, don't you think he would have given up to your raise?

I put him on (in this order) Set/understr8, biig flush draw, small flush, nut flush.

In that spot I expect the Nut Flush to take a different line.

amadeus
Mar 7, 2006

amadeus posted:

I put him on (in this order) Set/understr8, biig flush draw, small flush, nut flush.

In that spot I expect the Nut Flush to take a different line.

Realising that 150bb effective stacks isnt that deep... lets make it more deep.

IF effective stacks were 250bb, and same prelim action:
Villian from SB donks that board
Should Hero call+re-eval, raise/fold or raise/shove?

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

amadeus posted:

Realising that 150bb effective stacks isnt that deep... lets make it more deep.

IF effective stacks were 250bb, and same prelim action:
Villian from SB donks that board
Should Hero call+re-eval, raise/fold or raise/shove?

If you think he has a set or flush draw, I imagine the raise/shove is the best line as that is a pretty drat good flop for you. Chalk up the odd flush to variance?

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
What do you guys think of these river bluffs? What would you expect them to fold?

He's 24/13/3 over 100 hands. He's open raised into my BB a couple of times and I've folded. Normally I 3-bet to 10 here vs someone that keeps steppin on my BB yo, so 9 is a misclick or something. Haven't observed him in any significant hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comflopturnriver.com (Format: Plain Text)

MP2 ($108.50)
MP3 ($107)
CO ($64)
Button ($95)
SB ($104.50)
Hero ($121)
UTG ($172.25)
UTG+1 ($15.50)
MP1 ($99.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5s, 5c.
7 folds, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, SB calls $6.

Flop: ($18) Jd, 8c, 2c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($18) Ts (2 players)
SB bets $8, Hero raises to $25, SB calls $17.

River: ($68) 9s (2 players)
SB bets $20, Hero raises to $87, it's $50.50 to him.

Hand2:
Here on this river I really felt like he had a better hand and was thinking on this board i could push him off an overpair because I would easily play a flopped straight or set this way.

He's 13.6/10.6/4.0 and haven't seen him do anything crazy - also, his name style would indicate he is probably a 2p2er.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comflopturnriver.com (Format: Plain Text)

UTG ($140.90)
UTG+1 ($108.95)
Hero ($100)
MP2 ($58.50)
MP3 ($110.95)
CO ($65.10)
Button ($98.50)
SB ($19.50)
BB ($65.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8c, 8h.
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $4, Hero calls $4, 6 folds.

Flop: ($9.50) 7d, 4h, 6c (2 players)
UTG+1 bets $6, Hero raises to $18, UTG+1 calls $12.

Turn: ($45.50) 2s (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $33, UTG+1 calls $33.

River: ($111.50) Jc (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $45 (All-In)

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
Is this a fold? Sometimes I see this where a guy limps in UTG or UTG+1 and calls a PFR. Then either check raises or raises depending on his position on the flop. Sometimes I see the minraise like this guy did. Usually I see AA/KK here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2139432

Should I have not pushed? Call and push the turn?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2139454

souLjah fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 21, 2008

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ

niknik posted:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5s, 5c.
7 folds, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, SB calls $6.

Flop: ($18) Jd, 8c, 2c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($18) Ts (2 players)
SB bets $8, Hero raises to $25, SB calls $17.

River: ($68) 9s (2 players)
SB bets $20, Hero raises to $87, it's $50.50 to him.

this is so waaaaaaay too fancy play. just c-bet flop and slowdown if called. You can two barrel here in 6-max every now and then against habitual c-bet callers, not too sure how often you can two barrel flop and turn in full ring though. He isn't betting that river without a Q there. For all you know he just got lucky with KQ. His line there on the river seems like a small v-bet to get you to pay his straight or to try to bluff him off his hand.

I dont like this line one bit.

quote:

Hand2:

He's 13.6/10.6/4.0 and haven't seen him do anything crazy - also, his name style would indicate he is probably a 2p2er.

He is a set miner with those stats. Check the turn, you have the worst overpair possible. I'd want to get to showdown as cheap as possible there.

Spechel EDD fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 21, 2008

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
Hand1: I wouldn't try that there :( I think he'll call you.

Hand2: I think he is gonna call you with his overs. If he calls your big turn bet, he has got to expect you to bet again on the river which will most likely be a push.

Edit: I was thinking AQ in hand1.

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ

souLjah posted:

Is this a fold? Sometimes I see this where a guy limps in UTG or UTG+1 and calls a PFR. Then either check raises or raises depending on his position on the flop. Sometimes I see the minraise like this guy did. Usually I see AA/KK here.

Hand 1: what? you want to fold?

Hand 2: It seems okay. You can go for a fake delay pause there and c/r all-in on the turn. Your hand is pretty transparent as an ace here. Worst thing that can happen is he checks the turn if you call but then you can just v-bet or shove the river anyway afterwards.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Spechel EDD posted:

Hand 1: what? you want to fold?

Hand 2: It seems okay. You can go for a fake delay pause there and c/r all-in on the turn. Your hand is pretty transparent as an ace here. Worst thing that can happen is he checks the turn if you call but then you can just v-bet or shove the river anyway afterwards.
Hand1
Do you call or 3bet here? What about the turn?
Your going to be ahead here most of the time?
What range of hands do you put your opponent on to raise with?

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ

souLjah posted:

Hand1
Do you call or 3bet here? What about the turn?
Your going to be ahead here most of the time?
What range of hands do you put your opponent on to raise with?

The guy is a retard who minraised UTG. Immediately I will view him as an incompetent player. I'm probably not going to fold this unless hes a ridiculous nit who hasnt played a hand for 500+ consecutive hands.

Since I'm oop and he may be raising some flush draw I'd rather just 3-bet to $65 and then shove turn. I expect to be ahead more times than I'd ever be getting coolered with AA here. I don't like to call here unless I know for a fact that he will be betting if I check the turn. I dont want to allow him to get the turn and river for free to chase a flush draw or a 67 straight draw for incredibly cheap.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Spechel EDD posted:

The guy is a retard who minraised UTG. Immediately I will view him as an incompetent player. I'm probably not going to fold this unless hes a ridiculous nit who hasnt played a hand for 500+ consecutive hands.

Since I'm oop and he may be raising some flush draw I'd rather just 3-bet to $65 and then shove turn. I expect to be ahead more times than I'd ever be getting coolered with AA here. I don't like to call here unless I know for a fact that he will be betting if I check the turn. I dont want to allow him to get the turn and river for free to chase a flush draw or a 67 straight draw for incredibly cheap.

Thanks, I do agree with what your saying. Can we rule out a set here majority of the time?

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ
The majority of the time I'd probably never give them credit for a set. If this hands a cooler then thats okay too, I wouldn't lose any sleep or break any mice over stacking off to some donks AA/set here. It's possible that he does but I still would give them very little credit for.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Spechel EDD posted:

The majority of the time I'd probably never give them credit for a set. If this hands a cooler then thats okay too, I wouldn't lose any sleep or break any mice over stacking off to some donks AA/set here. It's possible that he does but I still would give them very little credit for.

Ok thanks. Guy had AA just so you know. But I do agree now thats im stacking off here.

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world

souLjah posted:

Souljah - I don't see a reason to 3bet the flop in hand one since you have the Kh, just call and re-eval the turn. This line from a minraise-call pre is usually massive strength right?

Hand 2 - you're only getting called by an Ace anyway so I don't think it matters whether you shove turn or flop.

niknik fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 21, 2008

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

amadeus posted:

Are we happy to get it in there with 150bb stacks, or should I just call the donk bet and re-eval turn?
This is fine. Yeah you're going to be beat by a flush sometimes but that is outweighed by the times he has a 1 pair/heart hand, lower straight, set, two pair, etc. Not

Agree with everything Spechel Edd said re: souljah/nick's FR hands.

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world

Spechel EDD posted:

He is a set miner with those stats. Check the turn, you have the worst overpair possible. I'd want to get to showdown as cheap as possible there.
I really felt like I had the worst hand and would lose a showdown. Do you not feel w this board, a guy w those stats has a good chance of folding an overpair?

M E A T Y
May 2, 2005

so secure

niknik posted:

I really felt like I had the worst hand and would lose a showdown. Do you not feel w this board, a guy w those stats has a good chance of folding an overpair?

First, you can't win every hand you play. If you think the only way you can win the hand is with a bluff, but a bluff doesn't work enough to be profitable, just let the hand go. Second, preflop nits arent always postflop nits. Those stats suggest he's really not that good, and only plays primo hands, and a so-so player who waits around for big hands pf will probably go all the way with something like an overpair on this board. Also, the board really isn't that scary, the only thing he could be worried about is a set, I doubt you're coldcalling from MP1 with 53 or 85. I don't think the turn bet is bad. He has a high af, and could have spite called your flop c/r with AK or something, and could easily take the pot away on the river if you check to him. But once you get to the river, I think you need to give up on the hand

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

niknik posted:

Souljah - I don't see a reason to 3bet the flop in hand one since you have the Kh, just call and re-eval the turn. This line from a minraise-call pre is usually massive strength right?

Hand 2 - you're only getting called by an Ace anyway so I don't think it matters whether you shove turn or flop.

Hand1 I thought it meant strength like AA but I can see what special ed said.

Hand2 By shoving the turn would a hand like KK/QQ call?

HumanSlayer
Dec 8, 2005
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2142385

Just checked my pt tracker, I have 99 hands on him, he has 23 VPIP, 10 PFR.

Anyway, when flop came I dunno why I bet instead of letting him c-bet ( should I have let him ? ) but he smooth-called my bet. Then the ace on turn made a straight but I still bet, he min-raised me, I called then I check/folded his AI on the river, I was scared of AQ and K10.

I should have called right ? :sigh:

albedoa
May 3, 2004

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2142688

No reads on Villain. I just sat at a few tables with him and doubled up in a few hands on this one without seeing him do anything special. Am I playing AKo correctly here with these stacks? Say he makes the same $13 bet on an ace- or king-high flop. I'd most likely be tying AKo and beating nothing, so what am I hoping for? Help.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
Push good here? Do I slow up? He called pot size bets on the flop and turn.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2145631

3 bet here and call to a push?
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2145642

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ

I call this.

Other peoples hands from above
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2142688
This hand I could argue to say that you can shove all-in pf but youre almost 200bb deep so I wouldn't do this here. I could even argue to say that you should fold pf to his final raise instead of calling. I dont seem to remember 25NL people really getting very aggro like this pf unless they had the nuts. Your line seems fine here for me here.

I would prefer if you raised this to $8 or $9 pf as you will be oop postflop. Other than that I think 3/4 to full pot bets are good on all streets. Reads on villain would be very helpful here.

Since you have the Ad I'm never ever ever ever going to fold on this flop. You can just shove since hes got nearly half of his stack in already. He probably has a jack here with a high diamond a good portion of the time.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

souLjah posted:

Push good here? Do I slow up? He called pot size bets on the flop and turn.

3 bet here and call to a push?

shove hand 1 because he can't fold a king after putting in half his stack, and minraise hand 2 (really!)

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Spechel EDD posted:

I call this.

Other peoples hands from above
I would prefer if you raised this to $8 or $9 pf as you will be oop postflop. Other than that I think 3/4 to full pot bets are good on all streets. Reads on villain would be very helpful here.

Since you have the Ad I'm never ever ever ever going to fold on this flop. You can just shove since hes got nearly half of his stack in already. He probably has a jack here with a high diamond a good portion of the time.

Do you always raise that much more when your OOP? No reads on villain as this is cake and he is new to me.

2nd hand
I called cause im an idiot and the turn came a J. He pushed, I called. He turned over Jh5h :(

souLjah fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 22, 2008

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

blah_blah posted:

shove hand 1 because he can't fold a king after putting in half his stack, and minraise hand 2 (really!)

I shoved hand1 on the river and he called. He showed JTs :(

Really minraise? lol

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ

souLjah posted:

Do you always raise that much more when your OOP?

I loving hate playing hands oop. It makes things so much more difficult than I enjoy it being. I also wouldnt want some speculative hands like 89s overcalling someone elses call.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Spechel EDD posted:

I loving hate playing hands oop. It makes things so much more difficult than I enjoy it being. I also wouldnt want some speculative hands like 89s overcalling someone elses call.

I also dislike playing OOP. I would just think raising to 8 or 9 with those limpers would be too much and you would pretty much never get a call.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR
Going broke here? I thought he was drawing or a weaker kicker.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2151436

Not sure here what to do here.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2151450

I don't normally play this hand but I somewhat did and found myself in the hand so I played it the way you see. But that massive river overbet/push confuses me lol. I am not gonna stack off but what the hell does he do that with? A straight? lol
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2151457

Another one of those wtf hands but I have a decent hand here. Not sure what to do here. My original plan was to c/r him on the turn but the push suprised me.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2151471

souLjah fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 23, 2008

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

souLjah posted:

I was at that table, I felt for you there. She was pretty bad. edit: Yes I open limp :colbert:

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 23, 2008

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Schweinhund posted:

I was at that table, I felt for you there. She was pretty bad. edit: Yes I open limp :colbert:

Who are you on cake? We have probably played a lot of hands together. I wanted to cry when I saw A5, I would of accepted a set there. :(

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
goofus for the last couple months. I usually play 50NL or lower.

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ

souLjah posted:

yes go broke.

quote:

Not sure here what to do here.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2151450
Easy call.

quote:

I don't normally play this hand but I somewhat did and found myself in the hand so I played it the way you see. But that massive river overbet/push confuses me lol. I am not gonna stack off but what the hell does he do that with? A straight? lol
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2151457
This is fine.

quote:

Another one of those wtf hands but I have a decent hand here. Not sure what to do here. My original plan was to c/r him on the turn but the push suprised me.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2151471

This is read dependent as are many hands. You need to post what these people do and what you think of them.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Schweinhund posted:

goofus for the last couple months. I usually play 50NL or lower.

Ive seen you around a couple of times.

souLjah
May 28, 2003
Official bank of PITR

Spechel EDD posted:

yes go broke.

Easy call.

This is fine.

This is read dependent as are many hands. You need to post what these people do and what you think of them.

Thanks, I have been 8 tabling and now 12 tabling lol. I try to study players in between hands or when I see something to note. I may go back down to 8 so I can observe players more.

JCarver
Feb 12, 2005

HumanSlayer posted:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2142385

Just checked my pt tracker, I have 99 hands on him, he has 23 VPIP, 10 PFR.

Anyway, when flop came I dunno why I bet instead of letting him c-bet ( should I have let him ? ) but he smooth-called my bet. Then the ace on turn made a straight but I still bet, he min-raised me, I called then I check/folded his AI on the river, I was scared of AQ and K10.

I should have called right ? :sigh:

as played, call river, but that turn card is a GREAT card to cr. Your line can make sense to be a "scared queen or jack that is now checking because omg an ace!!" You then checkraise and get it in vs a range which you are crushing. If you bet again you just get it in on the turn - its so unlikely he'd smoothcall AQ on the flop, and now you beat QJ, AT/AK that floated, all other stupid aces he was just calling in position, KQ, KJ, etc. It's hard to build precise ranges against morons at that level but you don't need more than first-level thinking here - I have two pair, there's no 3-flush or 4-straight on board. ALL IN

niknik
Mar 12, 2007

this ain't sea world
I'd appreciate line checks on these hands. Most of them are with few reads/me being new to the table.

1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2174419
2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2174347
3: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2174363
4: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2174392
5: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2174399

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spechel EDD
Jul 22, 2003

DaNk NuGZ
I primarily play 6max and I dont know how often or how nitty the fullring games are so my analysis may be a bit flawed.

Hand 1. Without the Ace of hearts in my hand here I'd rather play this quickly. I wouldnt mind just 3-betting it anywhere from $35 to whatever is my stack on this flop. If your line was to get it in no matter what with a c/r on the turn then I guess thats okay too but I'd much rather play this hand quickly on the flop.

Hand 2. This is such a sick turn because his line just screams I HAVE QJ. This is really read dependent meaning. I think vs an unknown I may try to find a fold here but it would take a lot to do so.

Hand 3. He is a shortstack tard. Second best overpair is fine enough for me to get it in there.

Hand 4. Sometimes I bet that river and sometimes I dont. Once again this is incredibly read dependant. Most of the time this is a random ten. Sometimes its a tard waking up with J9.

Hand 5. Here are the stack sizes:
Seat 1: nicknick552 ($136.20 in chips)
Seat 2: SlowHandAce ($65.55 in chips)

Easy call.

• Locked thread