Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

coconono posted:

Also, Kawada/Misawa vs. Gordy/Williams. Brilliant match. Those plucky Japanese guys gritted out a drubbing. Ny favorite scene was Williams striding back over to tag Gordy as Misawa and Kawada are laying there, utterly destroyed.

here's mah crappy screencap of this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Of TV interest for anybody that has the US version of Galavision, today at 3:00PM EST is the episode featuring the first of two or three matches guest-starring our good friends from NOAH, Takeshi Morishima and Naomichi Marufuji.

Marufuji teamed with the tecnicos (Chessman and Charly Manson of the Hell Brothers) to face Morishima and two guys from the super-rudo stable the Foreign Legion (in this case, Kenzo Suzuki and Electroshock).

Not sure how the match was beyond the results (Tecnicos won, Morishima turned on the Legion), but I can advise anyone taping or DVRing it - if you really only want the NOAH match, only bother getting the last hour since it's billed as the main event and they do try to stick to match schedules for the most part. Also, you avoid the loving terrible deformed psycho clowns trio.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
thecubsfan said on his blog that he'll probably cap the match and put it on Dailymotion, so I think we'll get to see it either way.

Dr. Destructo
Jun 14, 2005

My SKULL!

Ditch posted:

Kobashi left nasty welts on muscular, tanned Sasaki in their singles match.

Um, that was a really obvious bladejob.
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
:siren: Morishima beat Misawa to win the GHC title :siren:

Other weekend stuff: Marufuji & Sugiura retain over the Briscoes, Sasaki retains over Kojima, and Tanahashi will be in the Champions Carnival

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ditch posted:

:siren: Morishima beat Misawa to win the GHC title :siren:

:hellyeah:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here's the AAA match:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4kjbk_marafuji-chessman-charly-vs-abismo_sport

I'll edit in my thoughts on the match once I've seen it but man it's been a really long time since I've seen any AAA so I hope this doesn't suckity suck too bad. I think I've only seen like 2-3 matches since they've used the six-sided ring, and those matches involved minis.

EDIT: That was a decent match, nothing great but perhaps better than I was expecting. There was a big problem in the middle where the match broke down and since it was only one fall it took them forever to get it back together and that part had a glacial pace. Still, the "Morishima is a monster" part worked well and I guess the state of AAA today allowed this match to be contested in some sort of weird world where American, Mexican, and Japanese wrestling all came together in the space of a single match.

Main reason to watch this match: Morishima does a cartwheel elbow to the corner.

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 2, 2008

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Boco_T posted:

Main reason to watch this match: Morishima does a cartwheel elbow to the corner.
I take it you haven't seen much Morishima over the last couple years...

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Ditch posted:

I take it you haven't seen much Morishima over the last couple years...
You assume correctly, other than the most recent two ROH PPV matches and that awesome 6-man from two weeks ago I don't really know if I've seen any of his stuff in the past few years. :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Morishima vs Misawa March '06, Morishima/Rikio vs KENTA/Marufuji July '06, Morishima/Yone vs Akiyama/Rikio April '07. That'll give you a good sense of him going into his title win!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not Morishima-Marufuji 2 from the December Budokan show?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Wasn't fond of that one myself...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thank god they finally pulled the trigger on Morishima. It seemed like a sure thing, but it is good to see him actually win it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maybe its a sign that Misawa has found someone to pass the torch onto. As much as it galls him, he and Kobashi won't be wrestling forever.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

For those that haven't found it yet:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7fqmw1 (Misawa vs Morishima)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/68c6dg (Marufuji/Suguira vs Briscoes)

credit to Hustlemania

also haven't seen it confirmed but word on the street is Morishima vs Kobashi in July at the motherfucking Tokyo Dome.

Raffles fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 3, 2008

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

Maybe its a sign that Misawa has found someone to pass the torch onto. As much as it galls him, he and Kobashi won't be wrestling forever.

Uh I don't think Misawa is really protective of "his spot" whatsoever dude.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raffles posted:

For those that haven't found it yet:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7fqmw1 (Misawa vs Morishima)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/68c6dg (Marufuji/Suguira vs Briscoes)

credit to Hustlemania

also haven't seen it confirmed but word on the street is Morishima vs Kobashi in July at the motherfucking Tokyo Dome.

I hope you mean Misawa vs Kobashi at the Tokyo Dome, because Morishima vs Kobashi at the Tokyo Dome would be a pretty massive mistake for NOAH. Misawa vs Kobashi and Morishima vs a fairly well built up challenger could do well in that building.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

I hope you mean Misawa vs Kobashi at the Tokyo Dome, because Morishima vs Kobashi at the Tokyo Dome would be a pretty massive mistake for NOAH. Misawa vs Kobashi and Morishima vs a fairly well built up challenger could do well in that building.

Nope I heard it would be a Kobashi title shot, but it's just hearsay at the moment I think. And anyway I'm sure Kobashi/Morishima and a Misawa singles match (Sasaki or Takayama maybe) would do okay in the Dome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Charisma posted:

Uh I don't think Misawa is really protective of "his spot" whatsoever dude.

I agree. I also think that Misawa is conscious of the international interest NOAH creates. Therefore its in the best interest of the business to keep putting the belt on internationally recognized stars.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply some Jeff Jarrett kind of conspiracy or anything.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raffles posted:

Nope I heard it would be a Kobashi title shot, but it's just hearsay at the moment I think. And anyway I'm sure Kobashi/Morishima and a Misawa singles match (Sasaki or Takayama maybe) would do okay in the Dome.

It just seems like a less ideal situation since Misawa drew for such utter poo poo before Kobashi came back, but the Kobashi/Misawa match up seemed to still have that magic about it in the crowd's eyes. To me Kobashi/Morishima seems like a Budokan match, but who knows maybe they could do well with it.

This picture from the show is awesome.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I raise you this image.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Note: Akiyama and Kobashi do the booking, not Misawa.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MORISHIMA IS MY NEW CHAMPION :wooper:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

And he became a champ in such a strong way too. Some nice stiff lariats followed by a Backdrop meant Misawa did a real good job of putting Morishima over. A real fun match to watch.

As for the future, I think we'll see Misawa/Kobashi before Kobashi/Morishima. You can use Misawa/Kobashi to build up for Kobashi/Morishima and it gives Kobashi a bit more time to get rid of any remaining ring rust if(when, really) he gets another title reign. Plus I'd love to see the Summer/fall build set up to be Morishima/Marafuji/Suguira being all surly and mean to the old timers like they were in the 2/21/08 6 man.

You could even reunite Misawa/Kobashi and have them face off against the young punks for instant heat!

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Raffles posted:

I raise you this image.

Hahahaha, holy poo poo that is hilarious! I wish this would work as an avatar.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Pvt. Public posted:

Hahahaha, holy poo poo that is hilarious! I wish this would work as an avatar.

Funny you should mention that as I'm using this on the F4W board.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

Raffles posted:

Funny you should mention that as I'm using this on the F4W board.

And you are using the gif I made of AJ kicking Tanahashi! :D

I can't wait to see the title matches, Heavyweight and Jr Tag, later today. I didn't think they'd give it to Morishima yet, so it was a nice surprise to hear this.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

A guy who hates Misawa makes an MV of the GHC Title match. The TPIR failure theme or the Super Mario death theme should be played at the end of EVERY match:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-bmVLzKIH6I

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Hero has posted a ton of amazing NOAH tour pics including this one

this one

this one

this one

and especially this one

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NOAH had to extend the GHC Heavyweight Title belt to fit Morishima.

:btroll:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

NOAH had to extend the GHC Heavyweight Title belt to fit Morishima.

:btroll:

No mouth belt? :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=77VN488A

:psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What the..... normally when you watch something in a foreign language, after a couple of minutes you pick up what is going on but that was.... what?

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

What the..... normally when you watch something in a foreign language, after a couple of minutes you pick up what is going on but that was.... what?

In the words of one Mr. Jim Cornette, "you see, it's really quite simple":

Sai wants to challenge Kawada for the right to do the "opening" (I'm not sure if they mean opening song or coming out to talk or sing at the beginning of the show), so they have a singing competition. Sai sings his song (which is Kiss Shite by KOH+, but I doubt anyone cares) and Kawada tells him it's too normal and needs more "hustle". And then we get one of the hardest hitting, most badass wrestlers of all time singing this. See, even when you can understand what they're saying, HUSTLE personifies :psyduck: almost as much as TNA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay I didn't think it could get any more bizarre, until I learnt he was singing about being the girl with the small bottom and begging people to look at his bosom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Okay I didn't think it could get any more bizarre, until I learnt he was singing about being the girl with the small bottom and begging people to look at his bosom.

OH wow. I knew I heard that song from before. Its from one of my favorite fan service live action shows.

Fear my robot head.
Jul 4, 2007

THERE IS A SANTY CLAUSE!

Carl Smoky posted:

In the words of one Mr. Jim Cornette, "you see, it's really quite simple":

Sai wants to challenge Kawada for the right to do the "opening" (I'm not sure if they mean opening song or coming out to talk or sing at the beginning of the show), so they have a singing competition. Sai sings his song (which is Kiss Shite by KOH+, but I doubt anyone cares) and Kawada tells him it's too normal and needs more "hustle". And then we get one of the hardest hitting, most badass wrestlers of all time singing this. See, even when you can understand what they're saying, HUSTLE personifies :psyduck: almost as much as TNA.

HONEY FLASH!

Words cannot express how gay I feel for immediately knowing what Cutey Honey was.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.
Hey guys, I JUST got home from HUSTLE 29, and my friend is uploading pics as I type this. I'd love to give a review (loving AWESOME show, especially considering the main event was Akebono vs Bob motherfucking Sapp :neckbeard: ) but would I have to spoiler-tag it? I don't wanna be a dick if there are people who wanted to watch it themselves but I really wanna share.

I wanted to get a pamphlet/ Generalissimo Takada Che Gueverra shirt but Bob Sapp was signing at the goods table and I couldn't get in there. My friend who went to his rival college got in front and got to talk to him and shake hands though, lucky bitch. :( RG was there before the show but we were running late. Anyway let me know if I should spoiler/link the pics or just post a rundown her and I'll get it up.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Post series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!
I'm not sure about Hustle on TV (or if it's even on TV) so I don't know if you should spoil the results in case it hasn't aired, but I REALLY want to see pictures and hear your thoughts on it.