Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Was informed of the following today by HostGator:

quote:

I have consulted with our managers and we have come to the conclusion that these assurances are no longer enough. In our terms of service section six it notes:

6.) Cancellations and Refunds
HostGator reserves the right to cancel the account at any time with or without
notice.

We have decided to exercise this option.

You have 48 hours to get your content off our server, at which point we will be deleting it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I think i speak for everyone when I say, "AW gently caress".

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

poo poo :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
GODFUCKINGDAMNIT

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:smithicide:

Ah, well. Fun while it lasted.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Was informed of the following today by HostGator:

What assurances are they referencing?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That they're under no threat of legal liability whatsoever from Japanese wrestling promoters. They still aren't. As I told a host that I'm looking to use, the cost of a lawsuit would be several times more than all the promotions' overseas investments combined. The fact that they blatantly say they're using a catch-all to ban me proves their deceit.

Athius
Dec 5, 2004
Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell

Jagtpanther posted:

There's at least one other goon going - Goon meet?

Huss. I am attending. I'm sure we could sort something out should my laziness not be a factor.

Also - WOE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

That they're under no threat of legal liability whatsoever from Japanese wrestling promoters. They still aren't. As I told a host that I'm looking to use, the cost of a lawsuit would be several times more than all the promotions' overseas investments combined. The fact that they blatantly say they're using a catch-all to ban me proves their deceit.

Have you tried Dreamhost? Their uptime is kinda dodgy*, but its cheap, buttloads of bandwidth and a healthy amount of space. Plus the one click install thingy is about the coolest thing I've ever seen.

*3-4 hours downtime about every six months.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ditch posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I haven't been to Dreamhost in a while, let me see how many catches there are.

quote:

If your processes are adversely affecting server performance disproportionately DreamHost Web Hosting reserves the right to negotiate additional charges with the Customer and/or the discontinuation of the offending processes

Customer warrants that it has the right to use the applicable trademarks, if any.

Customer agrees that dedicated server payments are NONREFUNDABLE. For example, if Customer submits payment for twelve (12) months of service, service will be provided for twelve (12) months and will not be refunded if customer chooses to discontinue service with DreamHost mid-way through the term.

This contract may be terminated by either party, without cause, by giving the other party 30 days written notice
No thank you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well poop.

On topic, I'm watching Dragon Gate Infinity #86 and it has an absolute little gem of a match. Masaaki Mochizuki (c) vs. Munenori Sawa for the International Junior Heavyweight Title. Lots of striking, limb targeting and delivered at the usual Dragon Gate breakneck pace.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://ca.c.yimg.jp/sports/1213456614/img.sports.yahoo.co.jp/spnavi/photo/fight/200806/14/20080614071.jpg

Morishima was the one injured by that :psyduck:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is there a decent place I could get NOAH tour results in Engrish?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

:gonk: WHAT THE HELL?!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://noah.puroresufan.com is YOUR source for NOAH results!

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

coconono posted:

On topic, I'm watching Dragon Gate Infinity #86 and it has an absolute little gem of a match. Masaaki Mochizuki (c) vs. Munenori Sawa for the International Junior Heavyweight Title. Lots of striking, limb targeting and delivered at the usual Dragon Gate breakneck pace.

Mochizuki is probably my favorite wrestler in Dragon Gate. Maybe I'm just a sucker for hard kicks and submissions, but he his mixture of an almost worked shoot style with the regular Dragon Gate style that works very well in my opinion. I thought the Mochizuki and Don Fujii vs. Doi and Yoshino match from Infinity 87 was pretty fun too.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Mochi vs Sawa is definitely in my top 5 or so matches I've seen this year. Pretty much the perfect 12-minute match, really makes you wish Mochi got a chance to work like this more often (it was taken from a show promoted by himself). The strike exchange at the end is just completely and utterly badass.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Does this mean Angry baby isn't going to be in Coventry on Saturday? :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
My sites will return at SA-Mart mainstay Made2Own hosting. And unlike HostGator, the guy who I talked to is the CEO. I used M2O for the first year of Daily Puro and only left because I thought there were greener pastures to be had.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Nice to know they'll be back :)

thanks ditch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well yes.

I assume the other guy wasn't so much injured as killed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When I looked back at Morishima's run I was kind of sad he hadn't broken out a tope or a crazy spot like that. Then I realized that a 300 pound man landing on most of the ROH roster would kill them both with the exceptions of Albright, Stevens, Claudio, Hero and Bobby Dempsey.

And Strong since he's stronger than Stevens.

That and it is insane to be even slightly sad about anything as amazing as Morishima's run.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
On July 12th and 13th, you can train with Japanese Pro Wrestling and MMA legend Minoru Suzuki at his two day seminar in Southern California. Pre-reg is only $180 http://www.scientificwrestling.com/products/item39.cfm

I wish airfare wasn't so crazily expensive right now 'cause this is a great opportunity.

I, Blog
Apr 26, 2003

All hail Satan!

cortXbomb posted:

On July 12th and 13th, you can train with Japanese Pro Wrestling and MMA legend Minoru Suzuki at his two day seminar in Southern California. Pre-reg is only $180 http://www.scientificwrestling.com/products/item39.cfm

I wish airfare wasn't so crazily expensive right now 'cause this is a great opportunity.

Now you may learn the legendary art of "Slap-Fu"

Athius
Dec 5, 2004

Jagtpanther posted:

Does this mean Angry baby isn't going to be in Coventry on Saturday? :(

I've still heard nothing about this at all. The official site seems to have him still on the card for the Coventry show and the mini show the day after in Farringdon.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Odd! Well, I'm getting super-pumped. As I said I hope I don't miss anything having to leave 2-hours into the show, but I'm guessing it'll be the main event. Is there any news on McGuinness, Briscoes, Danielson, etc. ?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Morishima vs Sasaki (non-title) and vs Rikio (title) are set for the next NOAH tour. Very odd choice in using Morishima vs Sasaki in the semi-small Hakata Star Lanes venue; I wouldn't be shocked if they do a draw or a Sasaki win to set up a title match at the August/September Budokan show.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
They're doing the Rikio match already? :raise:

Honestly the ROH title run seems like such a great blueprint for them to have made him an ace. Steamroll his way through the lesser guys like Sugiura and such and then when he gets to the big guns like Sasaki, he has to go longer and try harder.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yinling vs Bono-chan is another epic HUSTLE main-event and has not one but TWO classic video packages. First you get a recap of the whole crazy storyline that led to this confrontation of mother and green-misted-crotchspawn set to some spectacularly melancholy music ... and afterwards an amazing music video detailing all the crazy poo poo Yinling has done during her time with the company. This only cemented her status as my favorite woman in wrestling.

The only thing that could have made this any better would would've been another Muta appearance. Oh well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's a report for the NOAH UK show. I am laughing at ANYONE who was let down by this card and complained about all the tag matches. Especially the people on the ROH forum who wanted to sell their tickets.

quote:

NOAH in the UK house show report from last night
By Alan Counihan
Last night's NOAH show was without question amongst the greatest wrestling shows ever in Europe. It featured two of the best matches of the year (anywhere in the world) and had several other matches which were extremely enjoyable. I've often found with NOAH wrestlers that they respond to an enthusiastic crowd more than any other wrestlers in the world. They really seem to step up their game to a tremendous degree when they are met with such a response, and that is definitely what occurred last night. I've seen every taped NOAH show this year and none of them were near the quality of this (not even either Budokan show).

Pre Show Match: Bubblegum, El Ligero, Luke Phoenix beat Dave Morales, Mark Haskins, Zack Sabre Jr.

A fun match to get the crowd warmed up. This was booked by the UK organisers of the show and I think it might have slipped under the radar of the NOAH contingent because they did alot more than you would normally see on a match at this point on the card on a Japanese show. It worked well though as all 6 guys worked very hard. Luke Phoenix in particular looked great. Bubblegum got the win for the babyface team.

1. Atsushi Aoki vs. Joel Redman (15 minute time limit draw)

This was more the NOAH style opening match. Very basic with lots of excellent chain wrestling. Redman showed alot of promise and looked like the kind of guy who would develop into a very good wrestler if he got a tour of NOAH. I've always liked Aoki but seeing him live really heightened my opinion of him, he's a great wrestler. Good opener to the main show.

2. Tsuyoshi Kikuchi/Junji Izumida beat Wade Fitzgerald/Martin Stone

Fun, fun match. Kikuchi and Izu's comedy got over great. The British guys did well and were great foils for the NOAH wrestlers signature spots. Izu pinned Fitzgerald with a TKO neckbreaker after around 10 minutes.

3. Nigel McGuinness/Doug Williams beat Takashi Sugiura/Kotaro Suzuki

The first really great match of the night. Doug and Nigel were unbelievably over. Sugiura looked tremendous with the crowd going nuts for some of his signature moves. The last few minutes are all about Suzuki getting destroyed by big moves, but the Brits not being able to put him away. Nigel hit an awesome lariat right before the finish and they finally finished him with a double team Tower Of London.

4. Bison Smith/Jun Akiyama beat Takeshi Morishima/Muhammed Yone

Akiyama and Morishima were bigtime over. Huge star reaction for both. This was a good heavyweight tussle which the crowd were way into. Smith ran down the ramp to hit a flying tackle over the ropes which everyone loved. Morishima's gear didn't arrive and he was wandering around Coventry trying to find gear all afternoon (he ended up wearing shooter style boots and shorts). He was struggling badly with an ankle injury but still tried his heart out, much to his credit because he really was in alot of pain. Finish was Bison hitting the Bisontennial on Yone.

5. GHC Junior Tag Titles: KENTA/Taiji Ishimori beat Bryan Danielson/Eddie Edwards

One of the best matches of the year, no doubt. Danielson turned himself heel when he got the Final Countdown cut before the chorus because "only American deserve to sing along to his theme music". From that point on he was booed like crazy and KENTA became a gigantic babyface. Edwards got destroyed in the early stages with some vicious strikes by KENTA, but that may have been topped by the subsequent heat gotten on Ishimori as Danielson worked him over in such a way that nobody could take their eyes off the match, it was so enthralling and engaging. Eventually Taiji made the tag and from that point on it was crazytime. Tons of huge moves and great nearfalls. Everyone in the crowd was losing their minds by this point. After around 30 minutes of amazing action, KENTA got the win with a BRUTAL Go2Sleep on Edwards (who had the match of his career by the way). Prolonged standing ovations after the match and a huge "Ishimori" chant which he seemed genuinly moved by.

6. GHC Junior Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru beat Jay Briscoe

Briscoe got one of the biggest pops of the night for his entrance. They had a tough task in following the prior match, but I thought the did well. The crowd was not dead by any means. The match was kept relatively short which was definitely a good move as there was still a big match to come. Briscoe looked the more impressive of the two, with all his big moves getting over bigtime. Finish was a brainbuster by Kanemaru after probably something like 12 minutes.

7. Mitsuhara Misawa/Naomichi Marufuji beat Kenta Kobashi/Go Shiosaki

Nothing I can say about this match in this report would do it justice. The spectacle as a whole was something nobody there will ever forget. The entrances for Kobashi and Misawa were spectacular and authentic. There were those big flags on the entrance way, the streamers, the music, everything. I got a chill down my spine when they introduced Kobashi. The match itself was amazing. Between his charisma, crowd interaction, bumping, timing and everything else, Naomichi Marufuji looked like the best wrestler in the world throughout this thing. It was a pleasure to see him live (oh and like Morishima he had no gear so he went shopping that afternoon too). The match was easily the stiffest I have ever seen in person, Misawa's chest was a mess by the end. Kobashi hit two earth shattering spinning chops, Go hit a million earth shattering regular chops, Misawa hit some brutal elbows and Marufuji hit some awesome kicks (which actually he may not have touched anyone with!). Other highlights included big half nelson suplexes by Kobashi, a Tiger Driver by Misawa and a Shiranui by Marufuji. Finish came at around 28 minutes with the Pole Shift on Shiosaki. This was possibly the best Kobashi match since his return and the perfect way to end a perfect show. Long standing ovations and "NOAH" chants that Kobashi soaked up before he made his way backstage and the show ended.

Meet & Greet Notes

A TON of people turned up for this and I figure they made a killing on merch. The queue to get in was long but once you got in it was really laid back and well organised. Everyone I talked to seemed to get what they wanted out of it. All the wrestlers were extremely accomodating with Kobashi in particular looking like he loved every single second of it. He was in his element. In one of the highlights of my day, I got him to sign a picture I had from my favourite match ever, his 1992 All Asia tag match with Furnas and Kroffat. He honest to goodness marked out for the thing and kept saying "WOW" repeatedly (he stared at it for a at least a minute and I was wondering if I was even going to get it back!). This event should be used as a template for any other company doing a meet & greet in the future (although not every group will be blessed with a group of wrestlers so cool and entusiastic about doing it).

from https://www.f4wonline.com

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The person who wrote that asked me about getting a screen capture from the All Asia tag. Sadly I was of no assistance. The fact that Kobashi reacted so much is awesome, very different from Misawa no-selling my Misawa vs Kawada '92 magazine.

Athius
Dec 5, 2004
The show was amazing. Front loving row, right by the aisle.

My highlight was, without fail, bumping into none other than MISAWA outside the back entrance after the show smoking a cigarette, then meeting AmDrag in the multi-storey car park. I couldn't get tickets to the meet and greet, so that was kind of cool.

Most of the matches were amazing. The atmosphere was good, despite a few wankers here and there trying to get themselves over, (mainly due to the horrible, back-patting, exclusive club that is the UK indie scene - with a few exceptions, obviously) but, to be fair, they soon shut up when the action in-ring didn't really give them enough time to think up any stupid chants!

Kobashi, Misawa and Akiyama were great to see in action. Marafuji, KENTA and Go Shiozaki all looked incredible and it was encouraging to see really big pops go to Morishima, Sugiura and randomly, Jay Briscoe getting the kind of pop usually reserved for "If Ya Smeeeeeeeeelll...". Bison Smith made a fan out of me - I'd not seen much of his work - when he hit his diving shoulderblock from the walkway to the ring and powerbombed the gently caress out of Yone.

It was amazing though, that out of every wrestler on the card, Bryan Danielson was the one who had the crowd right in the palm of his hand. On a card with quite literally some of the greatest talent to ever live, he had a certain something that had me, who streamered him on his entrance, starting the "gently caress YOU DRAGON" chant. Best in the world, indeed.

I could go on indefinitely. KENTA kicking Eddie Edwards square on the loving jaw, full on, mere metres away from me knocked the smark out of me. McGuinness and Williams coming out to Vindaloo. My Kenta Kobashi foam hand. They need to come back ASAP.

I got some pictures, sadly on my godawful camera phone, so if anyone gives a gently caress about seeing them I'll get them up tomorrow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That sounds like an incredible show, is there any chance of it actually being released on DVD? Or was it just a show that the lucky crowd will get to cherish?

Athius
Dec 5, 2004
The DVD was advertised at the show, so there is definitely one on the way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sweet. When NOAH releases a single show on DVD they generally get it out in about a month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Excellent, I was just thinking that I hope they have English commentary, until it occurred to me that getting the majority of the crowd reaction/wrestlers talking in English with the Japanese commentators going batshit at the action in the ring is the best of both worlds. I'll keep an eye out for the show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Excellent, I was just thinking that I hope they have English commentary, until it occurred to me that getting the majority of the crowd reaction/wrestlers talking in English with the Japanese commentators going batshit at the action in the ring is the best of both worlds. I'll keep an eye out for the show.

Sadly NOAH's English commentary is... not good. Well, except for the time they had Gabe, Davey Richards and Cary do guest commentary for the Budokan show last July. That ruled in various ways. Some unintentionally hilarious, some not.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Athius posted:

The atmosphere was good, despite a few wankers here and there trying to get themselves over, (mainly due to the horrible, back-patting, exclusive club that is the UK indie scene - with a few exceptions, obviously)

Man, I'm so glad I don't live in the UK, the crowds in the Northeast US are so much better about things like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Captain Charisma posted:

Man, I'm so glad I don't live in the UK, the crowds in the Northeast US are so much better about things like that.

I'm sure it's easy to get yourself over when your competition is Jody Fleisch and Robbie Brookside.