Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

I'm sure it's easy to get yourself over when your competition is Jody Fleisch and Robbie Brookside.

Danielson will beat your loving rear end if you talk bad about Brookside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRayPer posted:

Danielson will beat your loving rear end if you talk bad about Brookside.

Who the gently caress is Danielson? I'll kick his rear end.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Here are the results for the second show in Germany:

wXw/ NOAH "Dead End VIII - Day 2: European Navigation"
22. Juni 2008
Turbinenhalle - Oberhausen, Germany

Young Lions Challenge
Bernd Föhr (wXw) b. Eddie Edwards (NOAH) via Roll Up

Takashi Sugiura (NOAH) b. Chris Hero (wXw)

wXw Tag Team Championship
Ab-Las (Absolute Andy & Steve Douglas) b. Chris Hero & Marc Roudin (c)

KENTA (NOAH) b. Claudio Castagnoli (wXw) via Go To Sleep

Relaxed Rules Match
Thumbtack Jack (wXw) b. Jay Briscoe (NOAH) via Michinoku Driver through a table

Number One Contendership for the wXw World Heavyweight Championship
Bryan Danielson b. Nigel McGuinness via Roll Up

Tag Team Match
Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki (NOAH) b. Bad Bones & Big van Walter (wXw)

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002

Illinois Smith posted:

Yinling vs Bono-chan is another epic HUSTLE main-event and has not one but TWO classic video packages. First you get a recap of the whole crazy storyline that led to this confrontation of mother and green-misted-crotchspawn set to some spectacularly melancholy music ... and afterwards an amazing music video detailing all the crazy poo poo Yinling has done during her time with the company. This only cemented her status as my favorite woman in wrestling.

The only thing that could have made this any better would would've been another Muta appearance. Oh well.
Where are you getting your Hustle info? puroresufan's Hustle site hasn't been active since the end of 2007 and I'm missing my comedy wrestling!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I don't get any infos really, I just grab the shows whenever they pop up online.

Also, Liger appearantly wants to book another Super J this August. No comments yet on what promotions will participate but color me excited anyway.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm getting caught up on Dragon Gate stuff before tonight's PPV. #87's main event is absolutely chaotic:

its supposed to be Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk & Cyber Kong (c) vs. Gamma, YAMATO & Genki Horiguchi. But Shingo and Cyber Kong beat the poo poo out of BxB and started a new faction called Real Hazard(they even made a banner, badass). They attempted to claim the trios belts but Doi , Yoshino and a ref ran down. Doi and Yoshino offered to tag with BxB, and the ref said the belts were vacant(guessing at that part). Genki then made some sort of comment about the ref's hairline which the crowd found humorous. Finally, the match opened with a shitkicking hellacious brawl involving water bottles, kendo sticks, chairs, those blue tubs Dragon Gate loves so. Shingo eventually beat this poo poo out of everyone and killed BxB for the win. During the post-match beat down this crazy man runs out with a barbed wire wrapped spear and tries to kill Gamma with it. Crazy Barb Wire guy then teams up with BxB&co. There's sporadic promos and brawls until the Ref threatens to whole lot of them.

phew.

oh and Dragon Gate's fan club is called Happy Gate. Now maybe I can get my Dr. Muscle mask.

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster
The "crazy" guy is Naoki Tanisaki.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
New hosting is in effect and if you can't access the sites right this second you should reasonably soon!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

:aaa:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That Hayabusa pic is false advertising :mad:

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!

Ditch posted:

That Hayabusa pic is false advertising :mad:
I don't know, would his wheelchair fit on the poster?

HwoodNG
May 4, 2004

Highly Respected SAS Wrestling Poster
I wonder if he has heat with CIMA because CIMA has neck problems but can still walk without any problems.

That's a joke, by the way.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ditch posted:

New hosting is in effect and if you can't access the sites right this second you should reasonably soon!

I assume you mean the matches you uploaded. Would it be possible that you could, at the next weekly puro thread, post links to all the matches you've uploaded so far? You done so many that having them all in one places would be convinient for me, and probably go a long way towards killing whatever new hosting limits you have.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 1, 2008

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So I guess nothing is going on in Puroville? I'm going to be in Japan from the 25th-31st and was wondering if there was a way to find out if there'd be any shows going on. :shobon:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I've been swamped with the site reload and the related thorough housecleaning of all my wrestling media files.

On the 27th Dragon Gate will have their annual big show at Kobe World Hall, headlined by Shingo vs BB Hulk to determine who gets the belt after CIMA vacated it.

Zero-One will have several shows in their annual Fire Festival tourney:
http://www.purolove.com/zero1/results/08firefestival.php

HUSTLE has a show in Yokohama on the 27th.

Osaka Pro will have shows every day at Delfin Arena in Osaka.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ditch posted:

On the 27th Dragon Gate will have their annual big show at Kobe World Hall, headlined by Shingo vs BB Hulk to determine who gets the belt after CIMA vacated it.

:aaa: FUUUUUCK I hope I can get to this.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The new version of Google Earth is a must-have if you're going for the first time. For instance someone was kind enough to mark all the wrestling shops (which are south of the Dome/Korakuen). Though sometimes typing in a location into the search bar doesn't take you where to go, Tokyo Dome is easy to find on the officially marked Tokyo dots.

I was able to find Differ Ariake, which is north across the street from Ariake Colliseum. Festival Gate Osaka (Delfin Arena) is mismarked, but there is a picture. There's a decent view of the area around Shin Kiba 1st Ring, though the exact building isn't marked. Sumo Hall is marked the best. I *think* I found Kobe World Hall. Um... yeah. So if you want to find something in Japan, download Google Earth. If you can't find it in the program, ask and I'll help.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!
I just bought tickets for the Dragon Gate show in LA! I am so excited right now!

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

TheDuelies posted:

I just bought tickets for the Dragon Gate show in LA! I am so excited right now!

Nevermind, found it.

Grainbarn fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 21, 2008

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

TheDuelies posted:

Did you get your tickets in person or did you get them from that All American Tickets site? I just ordered from them and they seem pretty legit, but I'm always a little bit wary about sites like that. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the show. The only thing that could make it any better is if they bring Mochizuki along.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
I got mine from the website which seemed a bit sketchy but will probably turn out all right. The whole sending a picture of your license kind of freaked me out at first, but I'm over it.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I bought mine online on Monday morning right at 10am.

But have no fear, look what came today...

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
Awesome. I got my confirmation today and I'm faxing my ID tomorrow at work. I got row 2, 11 & 12 on the North side.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

weekly font posted:

:aaa: FUUUUUCK I hope I can get to this.
I just saw your posts in the travel forum, you should have just asked me itt :colbert:

Anyway, so others know: it costs a lot to get from Tokyo to the Osaka/Kobe/Kyoto area. Like, hundreds of dollars round-trip for a 2 hour train ride. Driving involves lots of tolls (so I'm told) and what are the odds you know someone willing to drive? Thus, if you're going to Japan for a week or less, good chance that you'll want to pick Tokyo or Osaka, but not both. Either place and its environs has more than enough to fill a week.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Ditch posted:

I just saw your posts in the travel forum, you should have just asked me itt :colbert:

Anyway, so others know: it costs a lot to get from Tokyo to the Osaka/Kobe/Kyoto area. Like, hundreds of dollars round-trip for a 2 hour train ride. Driving involves lots of tolls (so I'm told) and what are the odds you know someone willing to drive? Thus, if you're going to Japan for a week or less, good chance that you'll want to pick Tokyo or Osaka, but not both. Either place and its environs has more than enough to fill a week.

I heard there's an overnight bus that costs like $80 and takes like 8 hours or 10 or something but I was there during new years when I guess the country pretty much shuts down so that bus wasn't an option for me.

But yeah I wound up paying like $250 for the round trip shinkansen.

I'm not sure if the JR pass covers the shinkansen. I thought I saw something that said it did, but I didn't have one so I just kinda automatically ignored it.

If it doesn't, I think there's another train that takes a bit longer with more stops that it does cover. People should check with their travel agent or whoever is selling them the pass.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the redneck in me wants to know this:

how the hell is it so expensive to ride a train around such a dinky country?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Their trains kick the rear end of ours, are profitable, and compete with a very slow highway system that doesn't have the advantage of endless space for extra lanes (meaning there's a lot of demand). The time advantage to taking the train is much greater in Japan compared to the US, thus the premium.

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006
The JR Rail Pass is definitely the way to go if you are planning on traveling around a lot when you're in Japan. The only train it doesn't cover is the Nozomi shinkansen. It will probably almost pay for itself with just the trip from Tokyo to wherever and back, and it's nice not to have any restrictions on when you want to go somewhere because the prices are different. Here's the website: http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en001.html

Another great place to check for trains is the Hyperdia timetable chart. You just enter in your starting and destination stations and it gives you a bunch of different options on which route to take. http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Also, my Dragon Gate tickets came today! Looks like our seats are right behind yours, TheDuelies. I look forward to seeing you and any other Goons there.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Carl Smoky posted:

The JR Rail Pass is definitely the way to go if you are planning on traveling around a lot when you're in Japan. The only train it doesn't cover is the Nozomi shinkansen. It will probably almost pay for itself with just the trip from Tokyo to wherever and back, and it's nice not to have any restrictions on when you want to go somewhere because the prices are different. Here's the website: http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en001.html

Ah yeah, that was the one I took from Tokyo <-> Osaka, the Nozomi. If I remember correctly, the other train only took like 20 minutes more. We just took the Nozomi 'cause they lied to us and said all the trains were sold out except that one. They also said we wouldn't have seats and when we got there the train was almost empty so we sat wherever we wanted.

So yeah get the pass if you're going further than just around one city. It was the same price as the one shinkansen trip I took, and if I had a pass I would have saved a lot on all the other times I took the normal train.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

Full card for the LA Dragon Gate show!

9/5/2008 Los Angeles, CA John Anson Ford Park
1. El Generico vs. Genki Horiguchi
2. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa Bosou 10 Match Series Extreme Comedy Match: Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa vs. Necro Butcher
3. SHINGO vs. PAC
4. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. Dragon Kid, Dos Caras
5. Open the Twin Gate: Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka vs. Nick & Matt Jackson
6. Open the Triangle Gate: YAMATO, Yasushi Kanda, Gamma vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

TheDuelies posted:

2. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa Bosou 10 Match Series Extreme Comedy Match: Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa vs. Necro Butcher

As long as this is like his other matches versus people who can easily kill him, I will be happy. Even though I will probably never see this show. Weird.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

TheDuelies posted:

Ichikawa is going to die that night. Holy poo poo.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.
I just saw this on the morning news here and as soon as my paycheck comes in, I am SO GOING TO THIS:

Osaka PuroResu has OPENED A loving RESTAURANT :hellyeah:
Osaka PuroResu Dining BATTLE in Nanba, Osaka. More pics here: http://www.iza.ne.jp/news/newsarticle/entertainment/other/162717/slideshow/96993/

According to the TV spot I saw, it opened on the 21st, it's basically a wrestling-themed dining bar with shittons of beer and MEAT. They have the usual theme bar poo poo like memorabilia on the walls, but also a shitton of masks that you can borrow so you can be Ebessan while getting shitfaced (how you drink with that on, no clue), and once a week they have ACTUAL OSAKA PURO WRESTLERS WORKING AS WAIT STAFF AND THEY WILL DRINK WITH YOU. So there is a chance if you go, you will have the REAL Ebessan, etc bringing you beer, and as the reporters put it "if you ask nice, they'll put you in a sleeper hold!" :awesome:

I hope it doesn't have a 4-hour wait to get in like other celebrity restaurant ventures in Osaka, because I MUST experience this ASAP.

Carl Smoky
Feb 25, 2006

Bonsai Superstar posted:

I hope it doesn't have a 4-hour wait to get in like other celebrity restaurant ventures in Osaka, because I MUST experience this ASAP.
Tried to go to Tamura Kenji's yakiniku place, eh? Anyways, that place looks amazing and I'll definitely go if I ever get to Osaka.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://pulsewrestling.com/2008/07/31/puroresu-pulse-issue-129-changes-a%e2%80%99plenty/
New column!

Also, I might be doing an interview with Scott Norton. If you have questions please submit them!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bonsai Superstar posted:

marking

Japan is so weird.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ditch posted:

Sorry :( Just wanna say Tokyo was awesome and the Suica card is a godsend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Scott Norton is awesome. I can't think of a nice way to ask "So, what is it about Japan that makes guys who were kind of average in the US turn awesome in Japan?"

In his case "Dude I was in WCW" is probably an acceptable answer.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ask him what the advantages are to being one of the most intimidating people alive.

Also Ditch, what's your beef with Zero-One?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Ditch posted:

Also, I might be doing an interview with Scott Norton. If you have questions please submit them!
Here's one:

How did it feel to wrestle a frog (Keroro Gunsou)?