Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Some guy named cunne was doing the flare thing in a server I joined and I asked if he had stairs in his house and he called me a human being. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Some guy named cunne was doing the flare thing in a server I joined and I asked if he had stairs in his house and he called me a human being. :(

To be honest I would do the same thing.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

belt posted:

My reply most of the time is "Aww, gently caress!".

JunoBeach
Mar 11, 2006

You know how useless prayer is? Chanting and singing and mucking about with old half-remembered lines of bad poetry, and you know what it gets you? Exactly nothing.
In Battlefield 1942 on Wake Island as the Japanese you can take the destroyer and plow it full speed into the back of the carrier and push the carrier out of bounds causing all aboard to die and for both ships to sink. Do this early enough in the round and the Japs are pretty much totally hosed.

A demo for a game called Vietcong allowed for amazing fun. There was a hidden way for players to fall through the map which gave them the ability to fly through anything. Imagine popping out of cliff faces to throw grenades at people or sniping from the skies. This proved particularly fun in CTF games. You could pop your head out of the ground steal the flag and dive back down and take it to your base or you could just keep rising causing the game to be a stand off that wouldn't be resolved until you left the server.

Ah, back when I was a poo poo disturbing teenager.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jeff Wiiver posted:

The correct response is "No, but I have flares in my house."

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.
I don't mind turning TEAM FLARE into a general SA griefing group. It is infact part of the plan for the group if we get enough players that would be willing to stick with the group after the flare exploit is fixed. I realized the flare exploit wouldn't be around forever.

There's really nothing stopping you from joining the group chat and asking people to help you with your crazy idea to grief people. The more people we have in the group making these kinds of requests the better.

XenophobicAirport fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 6, 2008

Isko
May 20, 2008

belt posted:

I have to agree. I don't ever imagine any of the cool goons asking this, it's just too goony.

afaak
Mar 17, 2005

At once as far as Angels kenn he views /
The dismal Situation waste and wilde, /
A Dungeon horrible, on all sides round

JunoBeach posted:

A demo for a game called Vietcong

If I remember right, you could edit your local configuration files to make your custom choice of head model be virtually any model in the game. Want to run around with a gigantic helicopter for a head and completely disrupt the game? No problem. Want to crawl around completely disguised as .. a tree? One edit and you're good to go.

I miss the early days of the Vietcong demo. :(

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

The original story's epilogue was talking about this guy. It's funny, the guy running the bank could have done it legit if people in EVE took out loans to finance ships (I have no idea if this is the case), but instead he scammed the gently caress out of people, and it's completely within the rules. Awesome.

Virxas
Apr 1, 2007

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Earthquake spell scroll

This reminds me of the very first days of UO. At the start, scrolls didn't have skill restrictions or cost mana, so you could spam scrolls as much as you wanted. Also to be noted was that when you died, you would automatically lose some of your skill points, and you'd lose even more if you chose to resurrect immediately. The course of action from there is obvious.

A group of players gathered up a ton of earthquake scrolls and loaded them up on mules, then converged at banks around the world, and started setting off tons of earthquakes, butchering the players at the bank. The town guards would teleport up and kill the mules, but since they were just junk mules, they'd res on the spot and grab scrolls from their corpses, and continue to slaughter anyone still alive, then they had free reign to loot whatever they wanted while their victims lost their items and their skill points.

After this the servers disabled all magic in towns for awhile, and started implementing other restrictions, such as skill restrictions on scroll use.

I had quit playing on the official servers after a few months from when they opened, mostly due to the terrible lag back then, and when the emulators started coming out, I poked my head into a few of them for a bit, and on one server I stayed around for awhile.

One of the things I did was maintain a large rune library to virtually any place in the game, including a selection of runes to places that required exploits to get to. One such rune was to a small platform under the ocean south of Britain. For some reason, the GMs really didn't want runes to this particular area, so they filled it with extremely deadly custom-made daemons named "Slasher of Veils"(in Ultima backstory, basically a daemon that could destroy all life on a world), and tried confiscating runes there.

At that time in the server, everyone would rush into any random gate they saw, even when people said not to go in because it was a gate to inside their house for their friends. So a group of us sat outside the Britain bank, summoning gates to the "Slasher Room", and telling people not to go in, only to have tons of people rush in and come out a few seconds later, saying "oOOooOoo" to us, their gear forever lost to the slasher room.

The GMs tried hard to confiscate all the runes, and did get us down to one last rune, but I had gotten a suicide squad together whenever the GMs were not logged in, and I'd open a gate to the slasher room off a rune, and decoys would run in, and run as far as they could to draw the slashers' attention, and another player would rush in and try to mark a rune and rush back out. This worked well enough, and soon we were hiding slasher runes all over the world in banks and random containers and such. With the proliferation of deadly runes, we totally changed the way players treated gates, with unknown gates, or any gate I summoned being given a wide berth for the potential death waiting inside.

Another thing I discovered on that server was that if you named a pet "bank", and left it in a bank, people couldn't access the bank anymore, since the game thought they were trying to command the pet. After playing with this for a bit, I taught another player about it, who went on to go to several other servers and fill up every bank in the world with pets named bank, leading to hundreds of stupid people or more hanging around the banks desperately spamming "bank" over and over and recalling to different banks trying to access their accounts.

I also taught people to hide items that the GMs wanted to confiscate on pack animals, then stable them, which made it incredibly tedious for a GM to root out who had what items when a stable could have thousands of animals, and the GMs might potentially have to go through each account and check all animals in the stable for every character on every account until they found who had the item.

Fun times.

Isko
May 20, 2008

Shatai posted:

If I remember right, you could edit your local configuration files to make your custom choice of head model be virtually any model in the game. Want to run around with a gigantic helicopter for a head and completely disrupt the game? No problem. Want to crawl around completely disguised as .. a tree? One edit and you're good to go.

I miss the early days of the Vietcong demo. :(

Haha, I remember doing that too. I didn't do any editing myself though, but it sure was easy to find some hacks.

Shatai posted:

Vietcong Demo exploits.

That reminded me of this one time when I was playing as an Alien online in AvP2. On one map I was able to climb off the side and land just below the ground so I couldn't be found and from there I could attack people from below. They had to get to an objective or something so I basically killed everyone but one guy and then tailwhipped the last. For people who haven't played AvP2, tailwhipping doesn't do much damage but stuns the player. He was basically stuck there untill he eventually died or suicided with a grenade.

Man, how come there hasn't been a AvP3 made yet :(.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!

Cruo posted:

On the In Por Ylem (commonly referred to as "IPY") free Ultima Online shard they put up a moongate next to the West Brit Bank at one point. There were elementals in there and gates to other places. When people died in there they came to town and got resurrected then ran back through the gate to try and get their loot back. I decided one day out of boredom to just stand on the gate for hours without moving. In doing this nobody could possibly get through the gate.

I took several screen shots and compiled them into a flash video along with the song Move Bitch get out the Way. Which was a quote often captured in the screen shots. I had several players try to murder me in that time only to get guard whacked themselves. The purple potion and poisoned dagger attacks couldn't thwart me. I even had a few players curing and healing me during the attacks. I guess they felt the same way I did about the gate. The GM's got several pages about the incident but they never did intervene, a couple just thought it was hilarious.

It was the varying reactions I got from the players that made this great. I got quite a few of the classic "i'll kick your rear end irl you pussy fagot assholer" threats along with the other basic threats. I even had people begging me to move so they could get their loot back.

Holy poo poo I saw that video. I remember watching it so many times too :monocle:. And as for Twingecrag I'll post the remainder of that story and the siege story up on a new page.

And when I mentioned bringing the shard down, Azaroth was made one of the head people, and in the beginning he was cool, but he just transformed into a total dick or something of that accord. And he never was part of the original crew. Also, they ran a pretty tight ship on IPY, so the stories of corruption and whatnot are more than likely false.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 6, 2008

Furril
Apr 26, 2003

by Ozmaugh
Ill be on in a short bit, lookign for Team Flare shenagains

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

YancyDCjew posted:

The original story's epilogue was talking about this guy. It's funny, the guy running the bank could have done it legit if people in EVE took out loans to finance ships (I have no idea if this is the case), but instead he scammed the gently caress out of people, and it's completely within the rules. Awesome.
I had the same idea about the author's tale- I woulda, eventually, took it legit after gaining the capital, making Currin Trading into a real trading corp. Nobody ever knew they got scammed, but their money was used to create the biggest and most profitable legit corp in the game. Of course, the guy's goal was specifically to pull off that >20 bil heist.
Kinda depressing though that despite CT exposing Cally's Bank, Cally got away with it scott free, and with FAR MORE than CT ever guessed. He was saying something like 100 bil, plus assets. It turned out to be over 780 billion isk. The first thing I did after finishing reading the story was to google "Eve Intergalactic Bank", looking for closure, and that's what came up.

Plague Dynasty
Aug 20, 2006

find revelations in life
find satisfaction in death
You could pretty much do the same thing in Jedi Knight. There was a file you could edit that would make your player model into pretty much anything. My friend would run around online as a backpack which was loving hilarious and occasionally he would join as a Tie Fighter which was pretty awesome.

Plague Dynasty fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 6, 2008

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet
Are we all officially adding [Team Flare] to our ingame IDs? And SOme goon give me a server to join and help fight the goon fight.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Battlefield 2 was a buggy piece of poo poo that somehow managed to always provide a few laughs.

Cobra In A Box

In Battlefield 2, there was this one stupid map with a USA force versus the Chinese on some oil field. It was kind of annoying with lots of air power and broad open spaces. However, there were a few capture points in warehouses with doorways just big enough to fly a helicopter in through. After that you could get around twenty feet off the ground, close to the ceiling and hovering in a place no one would ever suspect a loving helicopter to be in.

I'd wait until the point was captured, and then I'd carefully fly the helicopter into the warehouse with a goon gunner and hover as far up as I could go. Anyone that entered was immediately cut down by the insane damage the main gun did, by a mysterious helicopter. You'd be surprised how long it took people to figure out where the helicopter was.

Supplies!

One thing I hated in the game was worthless snipers, which happened to be fifty percent of my team at any given time. Whenever I got commander and I was bored or my team was going to lose anyways, I'd spend my time using the command chair to find one of the many prone snipers on my team. With a little bit of a soft touch, you could make the supply drop crates float down from above and land directly on someone that sat still long enough. Many a sniper met his unexpected end this way.

Whammy Chopper

I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned yet, because it was some of the most fun I ever had in Battlefield two. The Americans had this glorious flying death fortress known as a Blackhawk, and it was almost impossible to take down short of a massive alpha strike or a lucky tank shot to the interior that killed the crew. The people inside repaired it, it had guns on both sides with wide ranges that did insane damage from any distance. A half decent Blackhawk crew could run an entire map.

The MEC ( or whatever the gently caress ) on the other hand got this piece of poo poo that no one ever used. The guns were slow an inaccurate, it wasn't as armored as the Blackhawk, couldn't do the same stuff, etc. It only had one use, really : Killing the Blackhawk. A good flyer could load it up with C-4, then fly high above or very close to the ground. You'd want to catch it by surprise either way, but from above was better. As soon as you got to point blank range, going as fast as you could towards the Hawk you bailed out and mashed your detonator button. Blackhawk down.

I See You

There was a map where the allies had a helicopter ontop of a radio station or something like that, the MEC started on a city on a big rear end hill. On this hill, there was an SAM missile launcher just close enough to the radio station to lock onto the allied helicopter while it was still in the spawn. You couldn't SEE it through the fog, but if you held down the lock on button you'd find it. So every time I got to that map, I'd just sit in that station and shoot the helicopter down over and over again before it even left the pad.

The best part was that the secondary explosions from the helicopter going up always caught three or four people racing towards the helicopter.

Pilot Error

If you managed to steal the Blackhawk you could have a lot of fun with it. Do a barrel roll in it, and everyone would panic and bail out into the ocean. Fly backwards into the enemy as fast as you could and the gunners would be pissed. Hover just above a newly spawned VTOL plane in their take-off path, and the inevitable crash would result in chuckles. My favorite thing though was to get the Hawk on a carrier map, and to fly off to the relatively close border.

If you were careful, you could get just close enough to put the passenger half of your chopper in the out of bounds zone while you sat well outside the kill area. Everyone in the chopper except you would die, and then you could fly right back to the chopper for a fresh batch of sacrifices for the terrible Gods of the ocean.

Rolling Blockade

There were many maps with airfields, and every single one of them had plenty of poo poo to hide vehicles in near the runway. My favorite thing to do was to get into a tank, then lurk behind a bush on the side of a runway. As soon as I saw an aircraft roll up for take off, I'd dart out in front of him and laugh as he painted his plane all over the side of my tank. Since you could stop a tank fairly quickly and the plane was still moving, it always counted as a team kill for the pilot.

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 6, 2008

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

YancyDCjew posted:

That sounds good, but could an EVE "bank" reach debtors that default on their loans?

Colbear posted:

All this talk about griefing's made me want to gently caress with pubbies some too, so I'm downloading this fortnight's MMO Roulette target to mess around and see how much havoc I can wreak on a game and character I don't give a drat about. It's stickied in the MMO HMO subforum.

I should probably add a link to that in the original post.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Battlefield 2 was a buggy piece of poo poo that somehow managed to always provide a few laughs.

If I reinstall BF2 and do all of those things then I'm blaming you.

dirtyminuth
May 7, 2005
Decaying Exponentially

Ouroboros posted:

You could pretty much do the same thing in Jedi Knight. There was a file you could edit that would make your player model into pretty much anything. My friend would run around online as a backpack which was loving hilarious and occasionally he would join as a Tie Fighter which was pretty awesome.

My friends and I did this too, except we would turn our player models into saber hilts, which were essentially tiny brown cubes, only inches on each side. No one could see us. They could be standing inches from us and never notice. We also liked to hide in item spawn locations using item models, or even hide in the levels by using architecture models (pillars, stones, etc).

The best part of JK was the way they coded item and force power behavior. Each item / weapon / force power had its own "cog" file, which could be extracted from JK resource files ("gobs") as plaintext. You could open (and edit - the important part) in Notepad / Wordpad. The cog language was a simplified scripting language, complete with headers, bodies, functions, etc.. While changing the body of the file could lead to a checksum error when you tried to connect to a server, changing the header wouldn't. It's important to note that the header had constants for damage, rate of fire, projectile template / model, nearly everything.

I made a weapons pack that did things like change the rate of fire of the concussion rifle from once per second (or 1.2s), to 0.01s, and then made it consume no ammo. The imperial repeater rifle, a fast-firing weapon already, was changed to fire thermal detonators. Force power regenerated instantly. Force speed had quadruple its normal effect. Force grip made the target's screen shake so hard they couldn't aim at anything but the floor or ceiling. Invisibility lasted forever. Guns that fired catwalks instead of lasers, hundreds of sequencer charges placed in seconds across the entire map. What an incredible game!

Griz
May 21, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

That sounds good, but could an EVE "bank" reach debtors that default on their loans?

no. if you ever give anything to anyone, there's no way to ensure that you'll ever get it back. despite this, people still dump isk into obvious scams because they're too lazy to make money themselves.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Red Orchestra is a 'realistic' WW-2 game that pitted Nazi against Russian. One or two shots from any gun would kill you. The grenades did enormous amounts of damage and had huge blast radius. The maps ranged from infantry and combined arms in cramped cities ( my favorite ) to wide open tank battles ( boring as gently caress without a good gunner ). A lot of the people that play it tend to take it seriously, and will get pissed if you don't behave 'realistically'.

T Thirty Floored

There was a map in the game that was more or less a turkey shoot for the Germans. It started off with the Russians charging across this wide, mostly flat area, towards German positions, with very little cover. That was more or less the entire map, in fact, only with rises and falls in the terrain level over it's course. This meant your entire team would bunker down and plink at the German team, who was hunkered down in their own huge rear end trench across a small valley.

Eventually I figured out a way of clearing that trench. I stole the Russian tank, and instead of stopping and shooting and using the guns at all I just hit the gas and drove straight at the Germans. As soon as I reached them I would turn the tank and run straight through the trenches, running over everyone in sight.

The chaos it caused was hilarious. People would throw satchel charges, miss, and blow up teammates. The enemy tank would try uselessly to hit me while I ran down half their team. Meanwhile, the pubbie tankers in the Russian tank would be screaming "STOP STOP STOP YOU loving IDIOT YOU'RE GOING TO GET US KILLED STOP STOP STOPPPPP!!!!!". By the end of the map, the average player would have 18 kills on my team and I'd have well over a hundred kills.

Bayonets and Explosions

While the grenades in the game did a large amount of damage over a good radius, the satchel charges were loving death in a bag. Everything on foot within about twenty feet of one would DIE. Instantly. Any vehicle within 5 feet of one would die. You see, Red Orchestra has a 'realistic' wounding system. Get damage in the hand, you dropped whatever you were holding. Damage in the leg, you went slower, etc.

If you came onto a server with only a few people, chances are it was all melee weapons and grenades. Which meant you'd see sappers running around, trying to blow you up with their bags of death. On servers where I had a good ping, I would affix my bayonet and look for these people.

I'd present myself as an obvious target and wait for them to charge over with their satchels. As soon as they tossed it, I would sprint up, bayonet them in the leg and run like gently caress. The result was you'd get people persistently trying to kill you with their boom bags, only to blow themselves up over and over again like the son of Wile E Coyote and a retarded lemming.

Sixty-Proof
Jul 23, 2007
So we've been blowing up servers with a zerg now...

When this gets patched it's just not gonna feel the same :(

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

Waffleimages wouldn't let me upload a PNG.

And you can't tell, but I had at least 4 people screaming at me.

Someone actually gave me 1000 credits.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Eventually I figured out a way of clearing that trench. I stole the Russian tank, and instead of stopping and shooting and using the guns at all I just hit the gas and drove straight at the Germans. As soon as I reached them I would turn the tank and run straight through the trenches, running over everyone in sight.

The chaos it caused was hilarious. People would throw satchel charges, miss, and blow up teammates. The enemy tank would try uselessly to hit me while I ran down half their team. Meanwhile, the pubbie tankers in the Russian tank would be screaming "STOP STOP STOP YOU loving IDIOT YOU'RE GOING TO GET US KILLED STOP STOP STOPPPPP!!!!!". By the end of the map, the average player would have 18 kills on my team and I'd have well over a hundred kills.

You know, if this strategy had been known in WWII, the war would have been over much more quickly.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post

Sixty-Proof posted:

So we've been blowing up servers with a zerg now...

When this gets patched it's just not gonna feel the same :(

So that was you guys? Good going, this made the game a lot more fun. Plus, you got the guy who was whining votekicked.

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
After they patch out the Flare persistence, I think we should move on to placing 5 or 6 of us on either team and working to make matches as long as possible. Perhaps even hosting pool parties on 2fort.

Say, if one of us makes a sentry on one side of the bridge in the water (on 2fort), and someone else makes a sentry on the other wise with the LOS blocked by a support column, we could basically kill anyone who fell into the moat, Red or Blue, right?

IIPunnII
Nov 4, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Its hard to get the flares to stick...

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post

IIPunnII posted:

Its hard to get the flares to stick...

Face target
Get as close as possible
Turn 45 degrees to the left
Shoot Flare Gun
Repeat Until Server Crashes
???
Pubbie Tears

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

rss feeder posted:

Waffleimages wouldn't let me upload a PNG.

And you can't tell, but I had at least 4 people screaming at me.

Someone actually gave me 1000 credits.

Can you explain this one to me? Is it because you're blocking the path?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

belt posted:

Can you explain this one to me? Is it because you're blocking the path?

The Barracks has one way in and out, that door. People can't walk through vehicles and it's only got one seat. Anyone inside is blocked in, and nobody can get in to repair it.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've been griefing some New Zealand servers with the flaregun bug, might get some pictures up soon of the really loving angry reactions up soon.

doo doo guy
Jan 2, 2008

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, or many people know about it, but I recently found (asked someone how) a new exploit in tf2.

As heavy, sit in spawn and spin your minigun. Don't let off. Press "," followed by 5, and keep RMB held down. The result is a heavy stripped of all weapons. Occasionally a random animation will play.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

ParkerM posted:

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, or many people know about it, but I recently found (asked someone how) a new exploit in tf2.

As heavy, sit in spawn and spin your minigun. Don't let off. Press "," followed by 5, and keep RMB held down. The result is a heavy stripped of all weapons. Occasionally a random animation will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8li3e3typfI

Sir Charles
Apr 25, 2006
Can't...seem to...penetrate the fabric...must be...some kind of...polyester weave!

ParkerM posted:

I just did this with another guy on goldrush and convinced(and showed) 3 or 4 other people how to do it. It is hilarious 5 heavies walking slowly out lifting their arms in show of defiance of the mighty sentry guns which kept mowing us down.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
The map achievements_mp2 is great for the flare-sticking exploit, as there's a window between the spawn rooms that you can stick flares into, thereby causing everyone to instantly lag as soon as they spawn, and the other team can't kill you while you're doing it.

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007
requesting to get in on the team flare rape train. I tried it solo but it too forever to crash the server. I managed to completely empty the red team though. The group chatroom is empty.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972539200

Mozzie fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 6, 2008

afaak
Mar 17, 2005

At once as far as Angels kenn he views /
The dismal Situation waste and wilde, /
A Dungeon horrible, on all sides round

Mozzie posted:

requesting to get in on the team flare rape train. I tried it solo but it too forever to crash the server. I managed to completely empty the red team though. The group chatroom is empty.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972539200

Friend and group invite sent.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

All the talk about BF2 exploits and none mentioning the hilarious jeep drop, artillery glitch.

As a commander, you can drop supplies, order squads around, and launch artillery in certain areas. Later, Dice implemented a new command, the jeep drop which would spawn a jeep with a little parachute that would fall on the designated location. While this was all fun and good for dropping on snipers and dicking around with (dropping jeeps in enemy airfields), there was a glitch that crashed servers and caused immense amounts of comedy. If you initiated an artillery strike on an area which took a few seconds to start, then initiated a jeep drop on the same spot, chances are an artillery shell would hit the falling jeep. Due to some weird bug, instead of just blowing up the jeep, the jeep would turn into a veritable FOUNTAIN of jeeps.

To put it in perspective, when the jeep was hit, it would turn into a colossal loving geyser of jeeps, that flew up in a cone shape which would then litter the battlefield if the server didn't crash first. Hundreds upon hundreds of jeeps would be everywhere, killing players under them as they fell, planes blowing up after getting caught in the rainfall, and blocking the path anywhere for either footsoldier or tank.

As an example, it is similar to the arrow dupe glitch in Oblivion when you had a few hundred arrows, and instead of just littering the ground, it was a rainfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B Man
Mar 21, 2007
'Cause life's too short to play Freebird
My favourite TF2 grief was just before Christmas last year the Ausgoons jumped on an American server and all went engineers on the same team building a massive base in the intelligence room on 2fort. The original aim was just to make the match end in a stalemate. We had guys from the other team yelling at us about how there was no way we could win. Over the course of the game we managed to convince them we're an engie only clan. Eventually someone went scout and ended up running strait into their base and getting the flag so we won anyway.

The civilian exploit was pretty funny too, it was unbelievable how annoyed people got for playing a team of mannequins.

I was Ric Flare in the flare raids and I have a lot of demos of people yelling at us, my favourite was the guy typing "I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU, I'M NOT EVEN JOKING". I'm in hospital this week but while I'm recovering I'll edit something good together.

I like the idea of turning TEAM FLARE into a general griefing group. The Ausgoons have done a number of gimmick raids and I have some ideas for more.

• Locked thread