Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erluk
Nov 11, 2007

"If you can't beat 'em, STRANGLE 'EM"

In World of Warcraft there used to be a bug that let you PVP flag/ kill anyone you wanted. Basically what you needed to do was
1) Get a hunter
2) Flag him (that is, enable pvp)
3) Find a suitable candidate and duel next to him
4) Have the hunter lay down Snake trap
5) Forfeit duel
6) Let the pubbie tears flow

What would happen is the snakes would attack anyone who was not on the same faction as the hunter. For a decently high level player it wouldn't mean much, just a bit of damage. The thing was, if they attacked the snakes the poor pubbies would become instantly pvp flagged, thus allowing us to kill them. This could be exploited further, as a level 70's trap snakes would instantly kill any player below 20. We would sit around the alliance starting zones killing the newly made characters. People would make new characters, go through the opening cinematic, and the first time they ever saw their characters would be as a corpse with several level skull hordies dancing on it.
i may have screenshots to edit in later if anyone cares.

I'm prepared to say we lost Blizzard a lot of money this way.

Erluk fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ledneh posted:

I think this and to a lesser degree Operation Shield are the best things I've heard in this thread

Agreed.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

I am angry. posted:

:words:
Until your realize that you killed someone who did not attempt to attack you back causing you to go chaotic.

So for a less than 5% chance of an item dropping from an afk player you will have
players+guards chasing your rear end down and killing you before you have the chance to farm monsters to clear your karma
And with your higher drop chance from being chaotic you would most likely drop the item you got from the player when you die anyway.

There were much better ways to grief in L2 than that.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

I tried out the WoW trial this morning. Started a new character, watched the useless cinematic, did the quests in the starting area.

There was no griefing, almost no stupid behavior, almost no chat spam. People were actually helping one another at no gain to their own, casting buffing spells, casting one off attack spells to weaken monsters for other characters to finish off, etc. I tested with my own "heal target" spell to see if you gained XP or something for it, some ulterior motive, but nope.

Strange stuff. Maybe it's because these were new characters, not yet jaded by the dark waters of the internet yet.
It seems you can't even kill steal. Whomever was actively engaged with the monster the longest/did most damage/something gets the XP and loot rights to it, no matter who finishes it. I had monsters killed for me once or twice to no effect by other people.

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Jetsetlemming posted:

I tried out the WoW trial this morning. Started a new character, watched the useless cinematic, did the quests in the starting area.

There was no griefing, almost no stupid behavior, almost no chat spam. People were actually helping one another at no gain to their own, casting buffing spells, casting one off attack spells to weaken monsters for other characters to finish off, etc. I tested with my own "heal target" spell to see if you gained XP or something for it, some ulterior motive, but nope.

Strange stuff. Maybe it's because these were new characters, not yet jaded by the dark waters of the internet yet.
It seems you can't even kill steal. Whomever was actively engaged with the monster the longest/did most damage/something gets the XP and loot rights to it, no matter who finishes it. I had monsters killed for me once or twice to no effect by other people.
People in WoW are generally very, very trusting. Guilds frequently run instances with FFA loot on, or at least, they did when I used to play. It's grief-friendly in the sense that nobody really expects it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Generating Trouble
In Planetside, whenever you took a base it was a big thing that you didn't kill any

In Planetside they have these outdoor terminals that you can get vehicles at. Everyone using the terminal would get put in a queue to get their vehicle, but it would leave you in control of your character and you had to stay close to the terminal or you would get kicked out of the queue.

Most of the time, the queue would be twenty deep with morons gettings one man four-wheelers or worthless vehicles, and clans would be stuck waiting forever to their transports or tanks.

High level commands got an orbital strike that they could call down every hour or so, which would cause a huge air strike. Any time I got a terminal and the queue was more than five, I'd step back, OS the vehicle pad, kill twenty or thirty friends, repair the terminal and pull my vehicle.

Also, with the OS, I'd global messages to meet up at a certain location with everything you had to raid another planet. I'd get a couple hundred people in tanks, vehicles, transports, and such gathered. Then I'd get a bunch of my friends to OS them all.

Good times. I wish I had saved my SS of the chats.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
One of my favorite tricks in Everquest on Rallos Zek (PvP server) involved the use of group teleports.

In EQ, much like every game before and after, people constantly begged for teleports. This was incredibly annoying for any wizard or druid that wasn't actively trying to make money off TPs, especially when a player would start sending private messages repeatedly begging, insulting, and harassing the wizard or druid in question.

So when this would happen to my friend (who played a wizard), we would do bad things to people.

In EQ, it was standard practice to wait for multiple people to purchase a TP to the same well-travelled area, and then all would get a group port at once. This saved time and mana, which was pretty important since mana regen in EQ could take 5-10 minutes. It is also important to note that in Everquest, there was no confirmation window when recieving a port to describe which zone you were headed to. If you were in range and grouped with the wizard, you were simply flung off to whatever zone he sent you to.

So my friend would invite the "customer" into his group, gather the rest of his customers around, and start his portal. What he didn't mention is that the other customers were his friends, and he was teleporting us all off to a completely sealed tundra zone on the far side of the world filled with dragons, with no real entrance or exit, where we would proceed to murder the bastard hundreds of miles from the nearest other player and take his stuff.

The most hilarious part of this process was that the only way for a player we did this to could retrieve his corpse was to get a teleport from another wizard - and then brave the tundra full of dragons, which he had probably sprinted across as we chased him down and killed him.

Sometimes, when he was alone, my friend would just teleport single targets to random locations like this and let them figure things out. For a melee class with no gate options, it probably took hours or days for some of these people to get back to civilization.

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.
Man, MUDs were just made for griefing. Good memories. I think my favorite time on a Godwars MUD was when I got an admin banned for tampering with my PvP experience.

I was playing a lowbie Vampire, which was a pretty drat underpowered class on this particular MUD since the owner liked werewolves and thought they should be more or less all-powerful. A friend I was playing with was a veteran of many Godwars MUDs, and suggested that the solution to me getting killed by all the werewolves was a poorly-documented (at least on this MUD) command called "love". For anyone but a vampire, it's an emote that says "%yourname loves you!" or something like that. For a vampire, it forces the target to love you, preventing them from undertaking any hostile action toward you whatsoever, hitting you with AoEs, or doing anything that you don't want them to do. You could also order them around like a pet and I think I remember them having to follow you as well.

There weren't really any limitations on the command other than it breaking if you caused damage to the target, which is how I ended up with my very own herd of domesticated werewolves. Sure, I couldn't level, because they were screaming mad and just killed everything it looked like I might get experience from, but they also killed any other players that walked into the room with me. One of my little doggies, it turned out, was a friend of one of the admins and complained nonstop for two days about not being able to gank this stupid lowbie that had him charmed and kept making him say stupid things on chat and take off his pants and dance around. The admin figured he was going to do something subtle and remove the whole problem. He'd just force me to "love %playername" and the charm would be removed and everything would be fine.

The only downside to his plan was that I rest when I'm stationary just for effect. You can't use offensive skills while resting, so I got the message, "Someone forces you to 'love playername'. You can't do that, you're resting." Broadcast that to general chat, owner of the MUD flips out and chain-slays the offending admin before banning him. I quit the next day anyway because it was kind of monotonous just wandering around loving with people, but still, good times.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Thello posted:

People in WoW are generally very, very trusting. Guilds frequently run instances with FFA loot on, or at least, they did when I used to play. It's grief-friendly in the sense that nobody really expects it.

compare to, say, everquest on pvp servers where the basic rule of thumb was to trust no one, if you saw someone almost dying to a monster you went and killed him, and inspecting ones equipment was tantamount to a death wish

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
I loved WoW before the diminishing returns in PVP. One of my best memories of that game was seeing how many times I could throw someone off the great lift with preist mind control or fear before they gave up as a priest. Fear used to run you off cliffs as well so you could hold up a lot of people from getting up the lift. If people came to help the person you could fear them off as well.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

m2pt5 posted:

You can change your name in-game with setinfo name <name>. It doesn't persist between servers, though.

Or poo poo+tab in game and change your steam friends name.

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch

Soulpudding posted:

One of my favorite tricks in Everquest on Rallos Zek (PvP server) involved the use of group teleports.

I remember as a wizard you used to be able to port guys to Cazic Thule, which was a pretty crazy dungeon style instance. The portal was right in the middle of a section called The Maze, lol.

It was loving awsome.

I played alot on Vallon Zek back in the loot days, and used to love stalking, killing and looting players. It was especially awsome that you could talk poo poo to them afterword. I could never decide if I liked or disliked the non-cross faction chat in WoW. My little gnecro was a real fucker. Shadowstep was the single best spell in EQ PvP as far as I am concerned. Almost no mana to cast, and instantly moves you in a random direction about 30 feet from where you were. Melee had absolutely no chance against this, and anyone that showed up who could test you, you could shadowstep your way out of danger very easily. I had a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows on that guy, which was right click insta-invis. You could do it while you were running. If I didnt get my kill, at the very least I always got away without being killed. I loved that game during that time.

Saltin fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 8, 2008

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

coyo7e posted:

This should be a shirt.

Haha, thanks, but hopefully any artwork would be done by someone 1) with talent, and 2) with a tool better than their laptop's touchpad. If I could, I'd sketch the tear-chugging Goon so that he had a neckbeard and a food-stained "College of Engineering" t-shirt.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The South Shall Rise Again!

...Once there we would change our names, usually along the themes of 'Stonewall Jackson, General Lee, Thomas Jefferson' or whatever and we'd all buy scouts. Another person would follow behind those with guns, spamming some sort drum song over his mic. We would walk in a broad line towards our enemy, cursing the damned Yankee CTs with their new fangled weaponry. Running was strictly forbidden, as a gentleman of the south never ran.

Definitely more Gettysburg than Fallen Timbers. I can imagine the non-griefing teammates growing furious at that one. :cheers:

ATM Machine
Aug 20, 2007

I paid $5 for this
For those after a slightly better pubbie tears picture, one of the ausgoons made it into a nice 3000x2000 vector

And a version with shading:

I hope this is ok with you LLCoolJD, I was after just a smaller version but thanks to Kirby, I got this huge thing in its place.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

ATM Machine posted:

For those after a slightly better pubbie tears picture, one of the ausgoons made it into a nice 3000x2000 vector

And a version with shading:

I hope this is ok with you LLCoolJD, I was after just a smaller version but thanks to Kirby, I got this huge thing in its place.

wait wait wait LLCoolJ is *back* or is it just a gimmick account?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Tualek posted:

I actually have story about this. One of my old guild mates who was stationed in Korea who use to play Lineage 2 told me about it. Ok, I don't play Lineage 2, so bear with me.
:words:
I found this hard to believe at first, but then I remembered...Koreans take their video games very, very, very, very seriously...
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/31/moscows-lineage-ii-meet-up-murder/
It's not the first time it's happened in Russia, and I know there was at least one asian man (don't rememebr if he was Chinese or Korean,) who got some super-rare sword stolen from him, went to the cops who did nothing, then went and stabbed the dude who stole his sword to dearth, stabbed him like 20 times.. :psyduck:

Office Sheep posted:

I loved WoW before the diminishing returns in PVP. One of my best memories of that game was seeing how many times I could throw someone off the great lift with preist mind control or fear before they gave up as a priest. Fear used to run you off cliffs as well so you could hold up a lot of people from getting up the lift. If people came to help the person you could fear them off as well.
You used to be able to create summon portals in WoW, without there necessarily being a floor underneath.. Fearing people off the boat right next to the edge of the map was always shitloads of fun, too. I used to walk out onto teh prow of the boat and stand on the very tip of the prow as it sailed back and forth. Pubbies always asked me how to get up there since it wasn't an entirely clear jump, so I made up a pretty large number of ridiculous instructions to get up there, almost all of which would ensure that the player would fall into the ocean, hopefully while teh ship was 20 minutes away from the shore. ;)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 8, 2008

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

A good way to grief random people in WoW, is to offer go to somewhere like Blade's Edge mountains with a lock and 2 people to help summon. You then use flying mounts to get right on the tip of one of the spikes that go over the twisting nether, invite the random guy to the group and then summon them, promising them "phat lewts" etc., and once they accept the summon, they fall to their deaths and take a 10% durability loss :v:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

EVIR Gibson posted:

You might be thinking of JJCoolJ?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shumagorath posted:

You might be thinking of JJCoolJ?

Doh yah you are right

Griffon
May 14, 2003

Let's take this moment to travel down memory lane.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Back when Karazhan was the still relatively new, you'd often have AFKs sitting out in front of the gate. You could kill them, sure, but that's just a PvP death, and no durability loss. The truly proper route was to Mind Control them into the adjacent river, and then let them drown to death.

Delaying Alliance raids by picking off the stragglers was also an endless source of entertainment.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Tribes1/2 are awesome for many reasons. One of them is the awesome griefing potential. In tribes 1 (before everyone had buy scripts and knew how to ski) there were lines for inventory stations. People on public servers took these lines way too seriously and there was always an rear end in a top hat like me who would spinfusor line jump and cause all sorts of strife. You could steal vehicles that other people bought... you could also do this in tribes2 before a patch.

I remember one time I ganked some dude's gravcycle and he kept spamming the "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" voice com with the crazy "I got all your numbers!" voice for some reason I couldn't stop laughing.

In tribes 2 there was a lot of tom foolery you can accomplish if friendly fire is on. There's the obvious shocklancing of friendly troop transports, but my personal favorite is a bit more subtle. In tribes 2 You can switch out base turrets, one of the options is a mortar turret. I'd pop that thing in and sit contently back in my base watching the absolute carnage mid-field. Since the mortar is an arcing, somewhat delayed weapon with a huge explosion you'd end up killing as much of your team as the opposing, and unless someone saw you setup the turret nobody knows who's responsible.

God drat tribes 2 owns.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Pretty sure Ultima Online should have been called Grifers Online(witty) b/c it's pretty much an rear end in a top hat simulator; encouraging dickhead behavior and acting like a fucktwat.

The goons that still play on Hybrid grief everyday: stealing, looting, death gating, killing... we do it all.

I think our best lol's come from scamming though. Our favorite scam to pull off is charging pubbies $1million gold to join the guild. As soon as the money is delivered we kill them and kick them ventrilo... youve never seen someone rage like they do when they realize they just got dicked out of $25 worth of gold coins on the internet.

https://www.somethingawfuluo.com has our last 6 months of griefing detailed with screenshots and movies... might be a good read for those seeking the nostalgic griefing that only UO can provide.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

ATM Machine posted:

Looks good. :cool:

EVIR Gibson posted:

I'm someone else. What I've heard about the original guy gives me shivers.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

LLCoolJD posted:

Looks good. :cool:

I'm someone else. What I've heard about the original guy gives me shivers.

I apologize. I was just surprised a perma-banned person was back and pleased it wasn't him.

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch

InterFaced posted:

Tribes1/2 are awesome for many reasons. One of them is the awesome griefing potential. In tribes 1 (before everyone had buy scripts and knew how to ski) there were lines for inventory stations. People on public servers took these lines way too seriously and there was always an rear end in a top hat like me who would spinfusor line jump and cause all sorts of strife.

Player A (in line):Hurry Hurry Hurry HUR HUR HUR HUR Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up with that station!

Player B (at station): no.

Tribes 1 was a fantastic game.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
No where near as funny as the other Second Life griefing stories here, but I pissed off my professor in Second Life once.

At my college, we were able to take Second Life for college credit. We were in the middle of building a Second Life version of our campus and so we were assigned to different buildings to work on recreating. On my orientation day, I figured out that you can make your avatar fly with the 'F' key. When your avatar flies, it flies head-first.

So basically, I went around flying into the other classmates and headbutting them. Finally, I headbutted my professor's avatar like 10-15 times. Finally, she screamed at me to stop. She basically said "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! THAT GETS YOU BANNED OFF SECOND LIFE!!!!"

In conclusion, Second Life can be fun for griefing your professors while earning college credit. :)

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I noticed a bunch of people in this thread mentioned old style EQ pvp. Just figured I would pip this thread concerning an old style EQ pvp emu server so you jerks can relive your griefing days:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2897025

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!

Dolemite posted:

No where near as funny as the other Second Life griefing stories here, but I pissed off my professor in Second Life once.

At my college, we were able to take Second Life for college credit. We were in the middle of building a Second Life version of our campus and so we were assigned to different buildings to work on recreating. On my orientation day, I figured out that you can make your avatar fly with the 'F' key. When your avatar flies, it flies head-first.

So basically, I went around flying into the other classmates and headbutting them. Finally, I headbutted my professor's avatar like 10-15 times. Finally, she screamed at me to stop. She basically said "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! THAT GETS YOU BANNED OFF SECOND LIFE!!!!"

In conclusion, Second Life can be fun for griefing your professors while earning college credit. :)

You guys got credit for farting around in Second Life? WTF?

Anyway. does she have any idea what kind of poo poo people do in SL? It is insane that flying around or headbutting people will get you banned. I've done far worse to people. Hell people have items that can allow them to rape you (I suppose it will ask first since all animations do that). Crazy loving place.

Jadius
May 12, 2001

FISSION MAILED!
My favorite Tribes grief involved some retarded custom map on one of those wonky mods that had a billion items.

For some reason the server admin decided to try his hand at making a map. Completely ignoring what made Tribes fun, like large outdoor spaces, he decided to make a giant series of corridors in some sort of base that was a million miles in the sky. There was no "outdoors", because if you went outdoors and tried to make it to ground you would die upon impact. This basically turned the map into a Tribes version of Quake 2, only the corridors were so cramped that it was basically impossible to have fun at all. Anyone that's ever played Tribes knows that indoor face to face combat blows in it, so this map was basically like the worst idea ever.

We bitched to have the map changed, but since it became apparent that the admin thought it was a good map and therefore would NOT change it, I took matters into my own hands. FF was on, and like I said, this was a mod that had all of the way overpowered weapons, so I did what any normal griefer would do, and grabbed a nuclear suicide det pack and ran for the one room that held my team's inventory stations and generators. I then armed the pack, alt-k'd to kill myself, and then didn't press anything so that I could see the carnage before respawning.

It destroyed everything, and killed nearly everyone on my team. What made this even better, however, was that because the det pack had such ridiculous splash damage it would bleed through the walls in a massive way, killing most of the other team as well. I'd then respawn as an engineer (or whatever they called them in Tribes), helped fix all of the generators and inventory stations, then went out and did it all over again. I did this for upwards of an hour, and no one had a loving clue as to who was doing it because my score stayed so positive by accidentally killing so many enemies with splash damage. When they finally figured out what was up, it was absolutely hilarious watching my own team try to kill me before I could arm the pack, only to have them scramble like idiots trying to defuse this thing before it blew again.

I got banned, and even though it was previously my favorite server to play on, I have never once regretted my actions there. They had it coming.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Saltin posted:

Shadowstep was the single best spell in EQ PvP as far as I am concerned. Almost no mana to cast, and instantly moves you in a random direction about 30 feet from where you were. Melee had absolutely no chance against this, and anyone that showed up who could test you, you could shadowstep your way out of danger very easily. I had a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows on that guy, which was right click insta-invis. You could do it while you were running. If I didnt get my kill, at the very least I always got away without being killed. I loved that game during that time.

I'm not sure if they ever fixed this but you used to be able to hit long range and it would point you at your target even if they were out of range. I used it as a ghetto tracker.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Machismo posted:

Anyway. does she have any idea what kind of poo poo people do in SL? It is insane that flying around or headbutting people will get you banned. I've done far worse to people. Hell people have items that can allow them to rape you (I suppose it will ask first since all animations do that). Crazy loving place.

My boss who is a librarian actually took a class on Second Life, and there are actually librarians that provide help through Second Life. Its crazy. But I imagine that most of them don't venture into the "mature" areas.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Machismo posted:

Yep, 3 credit hours and it counted as an elective in my program. Score!

I don't know if she has any idea what lurks beyond her safety zone of the virtual campus. I doubt she's explored much beyond it. I'm laughing at the thought of her venturing out to some sick plot of land where her avatar gets sodomized by a giant eyeball with a yellow banana penis or something.

blackguy32 posted:

My boss who is a librarian actually took a class on Second Life, and there are actually librarians that provide help through Second Life. Its crazy. But I imagine that most of them don't venture into the "mature" areas.

It's funny you mention that. Our Second Life program was run by my college - the college of information which houses both the IT and library science programs. The end goals of the project are to have virtual classrooms for holding classes and virtual recreations of our campus libraries.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Dolemite posted:

Yep, 3 credit hours and it counted as an elective in my program. Score!

I don't know if she has any idea what lurks beyond her safety zone of the virtual campus. I doubt she's explored much beyond it. I'm laughing at the thought of her venturing out to some sick plot of land where her avatar gets sodomized by a giant eyeball with a yellow banana penis or something.
And why hasn't anyone griefed the hell out of their online SL campus, or figured out when the class was in session and just showed up with a rape train full of goons?

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

QUALITY SEIZURE-INDUCED GLITCH-HOP FUN!

Dolemite posted:

What college perchance do you go to? The one I'm at has a campus in SL and a few of the teachers are extremely fanatical about it, it's kinda creepy as poo poo.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

coyo7e posted:

And why hasn't anyone griefed the hell out of their online SL campus, or figured out when the class was in session and just showed up with a rape train full of goons?

This needs to happen! A gaggle of goons could crash a religion class with the appropriate deity-offending avatars and go nuts. Or something else. I dunno.

SixOhSix posted:

What college perchance do you go to? The one I'm at has a campus in SL and a few of the teachers are extremely fanatical about it, it's kinda creepy as poo poo.

I go to Florida State University. Our SL campus is still in its infancy. Only a handful of buildings are done right now.

Jimmy S
Aug 23, 2007
When playing The Realm (one of the earlier MMORPGs) I created a character called "TheRealm", which instantly made me super popular. People meeting me in the woods would walk up to me and in excitement ask if I was a part of a quest.

"Why, of course!" I would reply. "Simply give me 300 gold for the next clue." Oh, the joy they exhibited - it was almost unbelievable how lucky they were to stumble upon this secret quest! After eagerly paying the money, they would get their well deserved clues such as:

"Thou must journey south, then west, then north, then east. For three fortnights this must be done. Oh, great riches await."

"Go to the largest city, and find the man in blue. From him, you will get the next clue. Only the persistent are worthy, so even when he turns you down, you must continue to ask him for it."

I also sold someone a magical banana. Sure, it might look like an ordinary banana to the untrained eye, but when most needed, the powers within will be unleashed! Always carry it to battle.

Plague Dynasty
Aug 20, 2006

find revelations in life
find satisfaction in death
I didn't know so many of you played The Realm. Was anyone else in the Highlanders guild..I think it was Channel 22 back in the day. I played during the 2x and 3x phases. I can't believe its still around honestly; though I don't know how popular it is.

Edit: http://realmserver.com/

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
The TF2 flare bug has been fixed. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
What game would be appropriate for griefing adventures if I am only equipped with a MacBook?

I'm willing to try anything with a large goon userbase and plenty of opportunities for pubbie tears.

• Locked thread