Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

So how do we find and join the SA goons on Second Life? Is there a place to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Thello posted:

Yeah, a couple friends and I would draw completely irrelevant things in Inklink, which is Shockwave's Pictionary. It's especially funny when you go into the "expert" level rooms and get asked to draw ridiculous things like "intuition." There's nothing quite like drawing Hitler fending off the allies with Swastika-shaped shurukins and getting real guesses like "absurdity."

Me and a friend invented a new meta game to play with in iSketch. You have to draw something bannable, usually Hitler performing some unspeakable acts on various religious icons or animals. But, you have to draw it in such a way that no one knows what it is for as long as possible. The more you can draw and longer you can go with out getting banned, the more points you get.

The guesses are great:

Turtle?
House?
Sheep!
Shepard?
Wait...
BANNED.

Good times.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
One of my 40 something coworkers came in this morning complaining about his online experience with Guitar Hero or Rock Band. He told us that he and his daughter were playing online with two other random people. Apparently they were playing really well and racked up more points than he has ever seen. Then, at his most glorious moment, the two online players his the buttons on their controllers that make them instantly lose. I really think he let it get to him because after he told us the story he went on about how he would like to get revenge. "If I knew how I would send those assholes a virus...". I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Another 40 something coworker of mine plays Halo 3 with his two kids online. Being a gamer he knew I could answer his question. He asked "What are they doing when they stand over your dead body and squat a whole bunch?". "We call that tea bagging.". "What's tea bagging?". "It's when you dip your nuts in someone's mouth.". :iamafag:

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 10, 2008

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stoat posted:

So how do we find and join the SA goons on Second Life? Is there a place to go?

Read the thread. You would have found out that SA members hang out in a place called "what". Which you should be able to find using the search option in SL.

Edit: We should drop this poo poo about using hacks to grief. Right now there are several people in Team Flare who do nothing but mic spam. It's not funny or interesting. Cut that poo poo out.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 10, 2008

Skeletard
Dec 21, 2004

sebmal posted:

ducks

Those are hilarious. I like how your word was troll for one of those.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

dsage posted:

One of my 40 something coworkers came in this morning complaining about his online experience with Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

When I tried Guitar Hero III on Xbox Live it was honestly one of the worst communities I've ever seen.

Everyone plays on easy. Every. Single. Person. Have the achievements for beating hard or expert? Play on easy. Have the "score a billion and six points blindfolded underwater" achievement? Play on easy.

I think I played seriously for like 3 matches before I realized there was no way I could concievably play on hard or expert and beat people on easy. At which point I resorted to ONLY picking Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot, while singing (read:screaming) the lyrics into the headset mic. If it was a set of songs I would pick Pat if I could, if not I would pass the headset to another goon who would sing the lyrics to Hit Me With Your Best Shot regardless of which song was actually playing.

My favourite comment was some teenager who kept calling me gay and other homosexual slurs because I "liked a song sung by a girl".

Edit: The number of times you can force someone to sit through that song before they snap is precisely 4, but they'll keep accepting invitations to play it anyways cause they need the "Win 60 online matches on a Tuesday" achievement.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 10, 2008

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Oh god, someone just reminded me of Counterstrike griefing exploits.

My favorite ever was playing best buddies with my roommate on maps that had 5:00+ timers for each round.

We would rename ourselves to Buddy #1 and Buddy #2 and join opposite teams. We would then do everything possible to help each other be the last two people standing. It was pretty easy, actually, since we were both pretty drat good at the game at the time and would fool our team into thinking rooms were clear, alert each other to teammates movements, flash our own team, etc. to help ensure survival. It would almost always come down to one of us leading a teammate into a "cleared" room while the other person picked off the last guy from behind since he wouldn't check the corners.

At this point we would have 3-5 minutes to run around and play with each other as only best buddies could do. We would play tag, leapfrog, catch (throwing guns back and forth), hide-and-seek, and other wonderful games. Sometimes we would just dance around with each other or run races up and down straightaways. What made it even funnier is that nobody would leave the server at this point, because both sides thought they still had a chance of winning the round.

The responses we got over voice chat after time elapsed each round were amazing.

Another fun game was Get in the van on Nuke. At the very beginning of de_nuke on the terrorist side there was a completely pointless army truck just sitting there. You couldn't do anything with it other than get in the covered back and it was pointless to hide in anyway because the CTs had no reason to ever go in that direction. My friends and I would start the round by jumping into the back of the truck, throwing down all our weapons, and hopping around knifing each other for the entire round. Invariably one or two other players on the terrorist side would notice this, jump in the truck with us, and do the same (because it was awesome). There is no real way for the Ts to win when down 3-4 players and we would do this every drat round, so it was a total death knell for our team. Eventually the CTs would figure out where we were hiding each round and would swing by at some point and essentially shoot fish in a barrel for free kills time after time.

Our team hated us so much.

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

Jetsetlemming posted:

Punkbuster is just about the worst anti-cheat ever. I had to manually update the Punkbuster files via the loving console, which took over an hour to slowly download everything it wanted then decompile it then convert it all to a different file type then copy it etc etc for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory to get it working again after stopping playing for a few months. It was loving ridiculous.

When I finally decided I was going to quit BF2142 and play a real FPS, I decided that I was simultaneously going to take a spiritual dump all over Punkbuster. Went out, downloaded the first hack I found that didn't look like a virus, and abruptly I could see every character on the map. Ironically, the .dll injection process actually seemed to have cleared up the problem where Punkbuster boots you every hour or so seemingly just to remind you that it exists.

Played like that for a couple weeks, not even trying to be subtle. Doubled my rank and unlocks, then mentioned it to my boss, who was also playing 2142 for some ungodly reason at the time. He'd never tried using a game hack before either, and seemed skeptical that something as prone to false positives as PB was really that useless, but he was tired of the game too. So he got a hack that did the same thing as mine, with the additional proviso that it would eliminate weapon recoil and overheating as well as a couple other things I've forgotten. The man could fire any gun in the game continuously until it ran out of ammunition with pinpoint accuracy, and he likewise played for a couple weeks getting progressively more amazed as Punkbuster kicked people right and left all around him, ignoring him completely.

Neither of us play anymore, but the opinion that Punkbuster is crap is completely and totally justified.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Scat, cream, milk and pee...? :raise: I hope you didn't pay for that thing!

I think one of the more annoying griefs I did in Second Life echoed the thruster noise grief from GMod. At one point I made a simple ball which would play a sound on loop - intended to just play music out loud on a loop. Of course, I got the bright idea of multiplying the ball several times after it had loaded, resulting in a loud cacophony after only three or four dupes.

Of course, I get the bright idea to turn dupe it a ton of times and ended up making a 5x5x5 stack of music balls playing some obnoxious techno loop or something (I think it was a small bit of some Pendulum track). One of these balls on its own was quite loud, but 5x5x5 is 125 balls in total. When they all start playing their music loop at the same time, it sounds less like techno and more like an ear-splitting BBBHHHHHHHHFFFFFZZZZZNNNNNNN noise as if your sound card just huffed a whole barrel of industrial strength radioactive crack.

Of course, making it invisible, non-collidable and shoving down inside the floor in some well-frequented place results in absolute loving fury since from anyone dumb enough to not mute the game, since the object was impossible to mute individually since it couldn't even be targeted.
I think the best part in situations like those is that, no matter what, accusations will always start getting wildly flung around. Usually hilariously wrong accusations that cause more and more drama as the participants get more pissed off at the false accusations and continuing noise.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Saint Freak posted:

My favourite comment was some teenager who kept calling me gay and other homosexual slurs because I "liked a song sung by a girl".

Hahaha are you kidding? God, people on the internet are the best to piss off because they throw out completely nonsensical things like that while simultaneously believing that it makes them a big man.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

It's hard to tell, but they were all dressed up as various "sexy angels" and I was running into/over them as Optimus Prime

:patriot:

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Yes they are shoes made of wood. Nothing weird about it, please stop taking my picture. I am NOT a tourist attraction!
I been at the w-hat place of the goons a few times, nobody is there.

I did find a cool spot where we could hang out and plan for some fun, i havent got a place of my own, so why not just crash at someone's elses place?

I found a nice house, which is HUGE btw, where the owners are lying in bed, saying there busy, i guess there afk, and let there avatars sleep together, yeah SL is weird.

They do have a security system but it is broken, it wont kick you off the premisis, just gives you a message that you need to be gone in 30 seconds, but no further action is taken.

Thats the place from the outside.

And that is the inside near the door where the owners are sleeping.

Would be fun to hang out there with a dozen goons, and when the owner comes back to his lovely 1 bedroom appartment, and relieved he can get back to his second life with beautifull wife and house, where he is succesfull.

And then after logging in finds a dozen goons making GBS threads all over him in his bed and crapping the rest of the house to hell.

Anyway here are the name and the cooirdinates:

el rio de fairchang
241 142 10
fairchang triton

Dont know if that helps, you can also message me ingame for a landmark.

How about a time? Say 8 pm GMT? Thats 4 hours from this post.

Let me know if your interested.

MrDutch Dezno (ingame name).

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

MrDutch posted:

I been at the w-hat place of the goons a few times, nobody is there.

I did find a cool spot where we could hang out and plan for some fun, i havent got a place of my own, so why not just crash at someone's elses place?

I found a nice house, which is HUGE btw, where the owners are lying in bed, saying there busy, i guess there afk, and let there avatars sleep together, yeah SL is weird.

They do have a security system but it is broken, it wont kick you off the premisis, just gives you a message that you need to be gone in 30 seconds, but no further action is taken.

Thats the place from the outside.

And that is the inside near the door where the owners are sleeping.

Would be fun to hang out there with a dozen goons, and when the owner comes back to his lovely 1 bedroom appartment, and relieved he can get back to his second life with beautifull wife and house, where he is succesfull.

And then after logging in finds a dozen goons making GBS threads all over him in his bed and crapping the rest of the house to hell.

Anyway here are the name and the cooirdinates:

el rio de fairchang
241 142 10
fairchang triton

Dont know if that helps, you can also message me ingame for a landmark.

How about a time? Say 8 pm GMT? Thats 4 hours from this post.

Let me know if your interested.

MrDutch Dezno (ingame name).

I can't make it, but ill add you in-game. My name is black doughboy.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
In Tribes, Weapons Factory mod, as a heavy I'd throw down concussion grenades right at the feet of scouts, if they didn't jump they'd fly off the base at an incredible speed. If they jumped right after, they'd fly up up in the air. If they didn't know how to land or what, they would crater. If they were near a wall, they would crater into the wall.

Ahh Good times.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

alright I'm totally downloading Second Life now

I've no idea how to get the naked dude model or the making GBS threads animation, though

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Yes they are shoes made of wood. Nothing weird about it, please stop taking my picture. I am NOT a tourist attraction!

setafd posted:

alright I'm totally downloading Second Life now

I've no idea how to get the naked dude model or the making GBS threads animation, though

Some other person gave them to me, be warned though, the user interface is not really user friendly, i cant imagine spending more then a few weeks in this game, its good for a quick fun. But dont expect a polished game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MrDutch posted:

Some other person gave them to me, be warned though, the user interface is not really user friendly, i cant imagine spending more then a few weeks in this game, its good for a quick fun. But dont expect a polished game

I've dicked around with it before, I ought to get by

I'm installing it now

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

F201 posted:

Who cares how lame and boring it is? If you're griefing, the goal is to piss people off. Cheats work a peach - in fact, so well that you're seeing it extend into this very thread!
So lets make up a scenario:
You're a wimpy, nerdy kid at school. Some kid walks up and punches you in the face, then goes "HA HA!" and think's he's pretty cool because his parents put him through karate classes or something, maybe he was just born an ogre. The kids going by think the kid is an rear end in a top hat, you're bleeding and crying, and the teachers think the kid is probably abused or something by his alcoholic father when he goes him at night. Eventually, someone kicks the poo poo out of the bully, or he ends up in jail or something.

-That's aimbotting.

Now, imagine you're any person in school (not necessarily wimpy, skinny, or uinpopular,) walking through the courtyard by the fountain, and someone comes up to you and starts holelring gibberish at you, getting up in your face, makign monkey noises. You, obviously put off by this display of utter weirdness, back away from the freaky kid.. And right into the other kid, who was on his hands and knees right behind you. You fall over backwards into the fountain, everyone in the courtyard sees and laughs and thinks it's hilarious, your clothes are all soaked, and you're hopping mad. Next week, you see the ADHD making monkey noises at some other student, and you rememebr what happened, so with a big smile on your face, you stop to watch the hijinx ensue. Next week after, those same two hooligans figure out a way to lock freshman into the bathroom..

-That's something a lot closer to griefing.

Always Shirtless
Oct 14, 2006

by Fistgrrl

coyo7e posted:

You're a wimpy, nerdy kid at school. Some kid walks up and punches you in the face, then goes "HA HA!" and think's he's pretty cool because his parents put him through karate classes or something, maybe he was just born an ogre. The kids going by think the kid is an rear end in a top hat, you're bleeding and crying, and the teachers think the kid is probably abused or something by his alcoholic father when he goes him at night. Eventually, someone kicks the poo poo out of the bully, or he ends up in jail or something.

-That's aimbotting.

Now, imagine you're any person in school (not necessarily wimpy, skinny, or uinpopular,) walking through the courtyard by the fountain, and someone comes up to you and starts holelring gibberish at you, getting up in your face, makign monkey noises. You, obviously put off by this display of utter weirdness, back away from the freaky kid.. And right into the other kid, who was on his hands and knees right behind you. You fall over backwards into the fountain, everyone in the courtyard sees and laughs and thinks it's hilarious, your clothes are all soaked, and you're hopping mad. Next week, you see the ADHD making monkey noises at some other student, and you rememebr what happened, so with a big smile on your face, you stop to watch the hijinx ensue. Next week after, those same two hooligans figure out a way to lock freshman into the bathroom..

this makes absolutely no sense

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

coyo7e posted:

words

-That's aimbotting.

words

What about the "Mystery Pooper" who would leave poop (we assumed his own) in random places, including the girls bathroom, boys bathroom, corners of the library, backstage of the auditorium, and once on the back stairwell during classes?

quote:

you were the administrator that didn't get the joke or had to pry open bathroom doors, were you?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

sebmal posted:

If I ever play Second Life, this would have to be my avatar.

Nybble posted:

What about the "Mystery Pooper" who would leave poop (we assumed his own) in random places, including the girls bathroom, boys bathroom, corners of the library, backstage of the auditorium, and once on the back stairwell during classes?
That was probably just the retarded kid.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

tato chips jones posted:

One is clever and enjoyable to watch / hear about. The other is just random violence that is only enjoyed by the person inflicting it. Maybe you are just stupid?

Kcow
Jul 4, 2008
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Beaten by a second

tato chips jones posted:

First story is revenge and fun for one person.

Second story shows it is funny to everyone while one group is mad once.

I understood it, I thought it was a pretty good comparison.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

coyo7e posted:

That was probably just the retarded kid.

We concluded it was the stoners who didn't go to class. They probably got a kick out of it, and the idea is funny, except if you are trying to find a book and step in poo-poo. That smell doesn't come off easily.

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Ugh seems second life is offline now :-( sucks for that dude who i was talking to he just logged out for fixing a dance animation, well maybe later today.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Nybble posted:

We concluded it was the stoners who didn't go to class. They probably got a kick out of it, and the idea is funny, except if you are trying to find a book and step in poo-poo. That smell doesn't come off easily.
Now if you were trying to find a book and IT was full of poopoo, that would be pretty damned funny! :iamafag:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MrDutch posted:

Ugh seems second life is offline now :-( sucks for that dude who i was talking to he just logged out for fixing a dance animation, well maybe later today.

yeah, man, pretty much as soon as I tried to log back in

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Its back online, i can give you some skins, might have a cock laying around too, dont know if you fancy that though.

Some other goon took offence when i suggested he might try whoring his avatar out for ingame cash (he wanted cash).

Its possible to whore yourself out, but then again, you have to suck virtual cock for it, thats not everybody's cup of tea i guess...

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MrDutch posted:

Its back online, i can give you some skins, might have a cock laying around too, dont know if you fancy that though.

Some other goon took offence when i suggested he might try whoring his avatar out for ingame cash (he wanted cash).

Its possible to whore yourself out, but then again, you have to suck virtual cock for it, thats not everybody's cup of tea i guess...

there is no greater calling than sucking virtual cock for virtual cash

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

MrDutch posted:

I like the shirtless guy in the background of this picture, just chillin' out watchin some virtual childbirth.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ahh, the blessed event of Popeye holding Sweet Pea

CaliforniaRoll
Apr 22, 2008
In EQ, I would go to the starting cities, find some annoying beggar and sent him a tell saying that there is an easier way to ask for money without spamming "Can I have some plat?" over and over. I would tell them to just target someone, like me, and then hit /d for donate. Then they can choose wether or not to donate some cash to you.

/d challenges the targeted person to a duel.

Best part is once you win the duel it used to broadcast a message throughout the whole game saying "Soandso has defeated suchandsuch in a duel to the death!". After the third or fourth duel I would get tells from my guildmates from different zones "Killing beggers again I see.."

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Perhaps not video game griefing, but still pretty much griefing -

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2008/03/epilepsy

Wired posted:

Internet griefers descended on an epilepsy support message board last weekend and used JavaScript code and flashing computer animation to trigger migraine headaches and seizures in some users.

The nonprofit Epilepsy Foundation, which runs the forum, briefly closed the site Sunday to purge the offending messages and to boost security.

"We are seeing people affected," says Ken Lowenberg, senior director of web and print publishing at the Epilepsy Foundation. "It's fortunately only a handful. It's possible that people are just not reporting yet -- people affected by it may not be coming back to the forum so fast."

The incident, possibly the first computer attack to inflict physical harm on the victims, began Saturday, March 22, when attackers used a script to post hundreds of messages embedded with flashing animated gifs.

The attackers turned to a more effective tactic on Sunday, injecting JavaScript into some posts that redirected users' browsers to a page with a more complex image designed to trigger seizures in both photosensitive and pattern-sensitive epileptics.

RyAnne Fultz, a 33-year-old woman who suffers from pattern-sensitive epilepsy, says she clicked on a forum post with a legitimate-sounding title on Sunday. Her browser window resized to fill her screen, which was then taken over by a pattern of squares rapidly flashing in different colors.

Fultz says she "locked up."

"I don't fall over and convulse, but it hurts," says Fultz, an IT worker in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. "I was on the phone when it happened, and I couldn't move and couldn't speak."

After about 10 seconds, Fultz's 11-year-old son came over and drew her gaze away from the computer, then killed the browser process, she says.

"Everyone who logged on, it affected to some extent, whether by causing headaches or seizures," says Browen Mead, a 24-year-old epilepsy patient in Maine who says she suffered a daylong migraine after examining several of the offending posts. She'd lingered too long on the pages trying to determine who was responsible.

Circumstantial evidence suggests the attack was the work of members of Anonymous, an informal collective of griefers best known for their recent war on the Church of Scientology. The first flurry of posts on the epilepsy forum referenced the site EBaumsWorld, which is much hated by Anonymous. And forum members claim they found a message board thread -- since deleted -- planning the attack at 7chan.org, a group stronghold.

Fultz says the attack spawned an uncommonly bad seizure. "It was a spike of pain in my head," she says. "And the lockup, that only happens with really bad ones. I don't think I've had a seizure like that in about a year."

But she's satisfied with the Epilepsy Foundation's relatively fast response to the attack, about 12 hours after it began on Easter weekend. "We all really appreciate them for giving us this forum and giving us this place to find each other," she says.

Epilepsy affects an estimated 50 million people worldwide, about 3 percent of whom are photosensitive, meaning flashing lights and colors can trigger seizures.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Wow, 4channers are such faggots.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
I dunno, I think that's pretty loving funny.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

That wasn't really in a game or having anything to do with games, and I've seen threads completely derailed by that story so hopefully we can keep game-griefing stories going and quickly move past that 4chan prank.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Spiffo posted:

That wasn't really in a game or having anything to do with games, and I've seen threads completely derailed by that story so hopefully we can keep game-griefing stories going and quickly move past that 4chan prank.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Clinton DYNASTY
Apr 24, 2007

by Fragmaster
loving up Pictionary games is the best. I go with a different theme every time. My greatest I think was finding new and creative ways to depict worldwide communism in every sketch. Lines of homeless people being hit by bread missiles while Stalin looks on in the foreground, etc.

MrDutch
Jul 9, 2008

Some goons came online, in total we were with 4, one left soon.

3 of us when to a whorehouse, but we didnt really plan anything so best we could do was me making GBS threads in a corner.

Other dude left after that so me and setafd (ingame name seta blaisdale) went looking for freelance hookers. Good thing about them is you can take em to a private room without paying up front.

Setafd got one of the hookers pissed of pretty early:

After that we took one of the hookers to a private room, thinking she was going to get manwitched between us for $1000 a pop, thats like 3 real dollars...

Again no toilet in the private room, so i had to do the nasty on the bed while Setafd sweettalker her:

NSFW link: https://wi.somethingawful.com/5a/5abc328a7a40320bb2323a11ef3fd389dbb4f525.jpg

She got pretty pissed and threatened to send goonsquad after us....

NSFW link: https://wi.somethingawful.com/c4/c41105bbde09c285f30222b9448e83e4940b4774.jpg

It was ok for a group effort, but it wasnt really planned so wasnt as good as i hoped a group would be.

Maybe needs more goons and more planning.

MrDutch fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
My browser crashed when i switched to fullscreen, so i just said screw it.

• Locked thread